GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wonder how soon is soon. Like my SA cases from last March 1 won't come to trial until the end of this month, barring some sort of deal or postponement. So thats 10 months. I hope Arkansas is faster than Floriduh

I hope all of you all had a good holiday season and New Year

Hey thanks. Somehow I think that was posted before. Somehow its familiar. But I forget. I remember the interview from the airport part.

Brings up a lot of pain and sadness to read back over it again after the last couple weeks...

Hey Yellow Dog and Carla. I just read that article, so I guess that means the trial will be starting in less than 60 days?

I found it interesting that her stepfather said he decided to knock down whatever rumors that made the attack sound worse than it was.

I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

Also, he thinks she was sexually assaulted and the police won't confirm or deny in that article.

I found it interesting that her stepfather said he decided to knock down whatever rumors that made the attack sound worse than it was.
I wonder what that's supposed to mean?

Also, he thinks she was sexually assaulted and the police won't confirm or deny in that article.

Hi YellowDog~ That part of the attack had already been confirmed a while back, I thought. I noticed the article was dated as Dec.2.
I bolded the part of the quote that I can't quite grip. Terrible wording, I guess. :waitasec:

From Anne's own TV channel...

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0109/583967.html

New formal charges against Vance including rape, capital murder, buglary...

I am glad they started the bit with a mention that Anne was their friend and collegue. That was a nice personal touch often missing in the news and sometimes brought into question. I notice too it says Vance denies being in Little Rock on the 20th but didn't he also say well that he was in Anne's house but didn't kill her?

Hi YellowDog~ That part of the attack had already been confirmed a while back, I thought. I noticed the article was dated as Dec.2.
I bolded the part of the quote that I can't quite grip. Terrible wording, I guess. :waitasec:

I took that to mean that the press exaggerated on the brutality of the attack.

Carla, Thank you for posting the updates on Anne's case.

I took that to mean that the press exaggerated on the brutality of the attack.

I spent some time googling and reading comments on various sites. Some of the posts contained comments about other unconfirmed (rumoured) attrocities Anne suffered. I think maybe that's where the "made the attack sound worse than it was" may have come from. I hope so because if it comes out as factual, God help us all.

Curtis Vance's trial starts Thursday at Circuit Court, under Judge Chris Piazza. He's pleading not guilty, I wonder why, even though there's DNA evidence to prove he was there. There is something in this case that is not being told, because Vance doesn't need to be protected by a gag order. And Channel 7 KATV has it where noone can leave a comment anymore about Anne's case. I wonder how are her co-workers witnesses as far as Vance?

Well they will subpoena anyone remotely affiliated with Anne to avoid not being able to call on them if needed. Co workers could attest to Anne's habits, lifestyle,details about that Sunday night, etc. If you look say at the casey Anthony case, LE said yesterday she acted alone yet there are hundreds of names on the witness list

Autopsies are not public records in Arkansas

I hate to disagree with you, but autopsies are public records in AR. I know, because my brother-in-law drowned in a suspicious manner, and the autopsy was publicly released as soon as it was completed.

It's not the trial phase yet. It is Vance's formal arraignment. They have not even had the preliminary hearing yet.

Does anyone know when that is and if it is possible that's also going to happen on Thursday?

Wonder if any media outlets have asked the court for permission to have cameras in the courtroom, and if the request was granted or denied?

From what I read on KATV.com, they said cameras are barred from the courtroom. They need to change that. But I'm sure they will keep the public informed about what happens in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves