GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will all come out, just hold your horseees. Just because Vance's DNA was at the scene does not mean Erica Taylor was not involved. Peace.

There is a leak in LE. A friend of mine works in audio at Channel 7, Anne came to his house for the final four game. Peace.

There is a leak in LE. A friend of mine works in audio at Channel 7, Anne came to his house for the final four game. Peace.

Thanks for sharing this because the General Manager of Channel 7 is my parent's neighbor. I will be sure to share this with him and he can take it from here.... Im sure he can track down whose home Anne was visiting for this final four game- if this isn't a blatant lie.

The problem with these people leaking information is that they, and anyone associating with them that is also "leaking information" are not trustworthy and lack character.

Mishleen, what is this person's name? Since your sources are so credible, you won't mind sharing that, will you?

And Law Enforcement =/= a Katv employee.... whomever is leaking info under a gag order needs to be brought to justice as well.

Mishleen, are you a friend or maybe a relative of vance? It's like you're on a mission. Like while he's locked up you're on the outside thinking of a way to distract or "cast doubt" on the state's case and some how the pot you keep stirring can help him? and why you set your sites on JT, I guess that will come out, too.
In the meantime, I wonder if you really know what you're doing cuz aside from giving away clues about your identity, you're posting some extreme things over there, here too, and you're sure to have some pretty p o'd folks come a knockin. It's scary imo.

It will all come out, just hold your horseees. Just because Vance's DNA was at the scene does not mean Erica Taylor was not involved. Peace.

Yeah, well, I don't think holding my horses is going to change the fact that ET's DNA wasn't on the scene. That only Vance's was. What's so difficult to grasp here? His DNA, he admitted he was at her house, although not at the time she was killed. His DNA was recovered from another victim. Did ET order him to rape her too? Please.....

anyway... I still wonder what LE went back to look for/get when they scrambled to Anne's after they picked up Vance, and what visible scratches and marks have been noted.
A gag order's been placed on the police investigation now? so whatever it was won't come to light until the trial.
I really didn't mean to get caught up in the rumour topic, it was late and I zigged when I shoulda zagged

I think the gag order always covered LE and official sources. You can't put a gag order on private individuals. Aparently the block on Vance's prison records was lifted, but since no mention of anything has appeared in the news, there doesn't seem to have been any big news there. I always imagined that was to keep news hounds from tracking down friends, family or people not covered by the gag order, to cut down on more rumors and false info.

Since Vance initially said he was at Annes house and didn't kill her, maybe LE thought he left something behind. Didn't they look in the yard for something? like maybe he tossed a key or something from in the house outside. If he smoked it could even be a cigarette butt. Anything to help prove he was there.

IIRC they did look in her yard, and whatever it was, was really important, and had to be something tangible, that wouldn't change much due to being outside in the elements for weeks.

In your first post on November 20th of last year, you said this:

"... (this is just a bad feeling, I don't know anyone in LE or anyone who knew Anne), ..."

If you don't know anyone that knew Anne how can you deem info you've heard through the grapevine as credible enough to argue for and support? How can you say "her close friends did some talking" and you don't know with certainty who her close friends absolutely are?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. My first post was November 20th, 2008 - that would be last year as you said and today is January 20th, 2009, two months passed.

The reason I'm here is to see that anyone that had anything to do with this horrific crime is prosecuted and serves to the fullest of the crime committed possible. Period.

Websleuths is a great board for sharing ideas and information.
However, going on the facts as the facts are presented in a case is the best way to assess the criminal justice process as it develops.

I wish I did have the ability to make sure someone is prosecuted to the fullest extent, but unfortunately I cannot... and unfortunately my posts on this website will not help this take place either.

With that being said, I appreciate the constructive and progressive sharing of information (especially facts) and ideas on this site.

Mods, Im not really sure what I can and cannot talk about here, so do as you may.

I am not Carla, but please Vance is NOT the kind of guy that you would involve in a big conspiracy. You have not only him to worry about but his girlfriend. There is no also no evidence that he acted on behalf of anyone else.

I can almost guarantee Vance will get a much fairer trial than the WM3. You want to talk about injustice, well there's a case where there is no DNA, unlike Vance's.

Jails are littered with people who hired the wrong people to commit a murder. Thugs hire thugs. They go to the street for what they need, plus it is relatively inexpensive. And look at that man who hired people to kill his ex-wife in FL and left her babies crawling in her blood? He was on the golf course trying to look innocent. A real hit would be too expensive and too hard to come by. There's no Yellow Pages for a hitman.

ITA on the WM3.

That's true although I'm not convinced at all this was anything but a robbery and assault. That fits with Vance scoping the neighborhood, his stalking,harassing and assaulting women, dealing in stolen property, entering houses...

Using the case you mentioned in Fl the killer was a golfing buddy of the victim's estranged husband, did not rob and assault the victim and was not a suspect in other robberies, rapes etc.

IF it were a paid killing you would think Vance would have talked. I can't see "racist white cops" (also part of the rumors) covering for a black suspect. And LE did say no further arrests were expected. AFAIK also no one else but Vance had DNA swabs taken, also defeating the pregnancy rumors IMO

That's true although I'm not convinced at all this was anything but a robbery and assault. That fits with Vance scoping the neighborhood, his stalking,harassing and assaulting women, dealing in stolen property, entering houses...

Using the case you mentioned in Fl the killer was a golfing buddy of the victim's estranged husband, did not rob and assault the victim and was not a suspect in other robberies, rapes etc.

IF it were a paid killing you would think Vance would have talked. I can't see "racist white cops" (also part of the rumors) covering for a black suspect. And LE did say no further arrests were expected. AFAIK also no one else but Vance had DNA swabs taken, also defeating the pregnancy rumors IMO

Hey Carla. My post was directed at not needing someone "like" Vance to do it. As you know, most murder-for-hire killers aren't too smart, or we wouldn't know about them!! I just used the hubby to show even the fairly well off still go cheap, looking where they know to hire someone, in that case a buddy. Someone with a history of the streets, would, IMO, head back to the streets. I should have been more clear, lol, too much HLN tonight (Nancy, Jane, Galanos...)!!!

On the other hand aside from chat room rumors what evidence is there that someone else is involved? Even LE said they expected no further arrests so taken at face value that implies no evidence of anyone else. I think also IF Vance had been hired he would sing likeca bird rather than face capital murder.

Sorry cut for length

Bingo, no way would he sit there by himself, he is toasted, all by himself.

Jails are littered with people who hired the wrong people to commit a murder. Thugs hire thugs. They go to the street for what they need, plus it is relatively inexpensive. And look at that man who hired people to kill his ex-wife in FL and left her babies crawling in her blood? He was on the golf course trying to look innocent. A real hit would be too expensive and too hard to come by. There's no Yellow Pages for a hitman.

ITA on the WM3.

Hi, my Websleuths friends!

This is my first post on this case, although I have been following the thread closely.

The guy in FL that had his ex-wife killed was Allen Blackthorne. Ann Rule wrote a book about it, "Every Breath You Take". It has absolutely no similiarities to this case whatsoever, not even the idea that a 'hit-man' was hired to kill Anne.

It is a very good book.....here is some info (I hope I link this correctly :) )

"If anything ever happens to me, promise me that you will see that there is an investigation....And find Ann Rule and ask her to write my story, " Sheila Blackthorne Bellush told her sister after she divorced multimillionaire Allen Blackthorne.......Ann Rule untangles a horrific web of lies that culminated in Sheila's savage murder more than ten years after she left Blackthorne. When beautiful, blond Sheila married the charming, handsome Blackthorne, she was convinced she had found her perfect soul mate, and helped him reach his goal of living the privileged life of the country club set. But behind Allen's smooth facade, she discovered a violent, controlling sociopath -- a liar, a scam artist, a sexual deviant. When she finally fled with their two young daughters, she was skeletally thin, bruised, and beaten. Although Sheila recovered, remarried, and was starting a new life and family, she still felt she was doomed. Joyously pregnant, she and her new husband expecting quadruplets, Sheila still feared Blackthorne....

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ix8OZJeMQicC

I do believe justice will be served in Anne's case. Let's wait and see. All of this wild speculation is just NUTS (IMO)!!!

O4J

With the investigation being sealed, it's natural for people to tell what they heard, whether it be a leak in LE (yes, I know they are not supposed to) or Anne's friends (yes, they are trying to keep quite to help certain things not get out yet because it could interfere with the prosecution of who did this terrible crime. But they are still frustrated, hurt and in a bad mental place right now.

The investigation isn't sealed for nothing!!! Yes, we want Vance to have a fair trial, otherwise he could walk...probably wouldn't make it out the door, but it is possible, even with the DNA. We don't know exactly what DNA of his was found. And since the investigation, we don't know if anyone else's DNA was found and so on.

A lot of people here in Little Rock are concerned that the LE was being so pressured to make an arrest in this case (for Anne's family & friends) as well as the general public who were scared to death. I know women who hate guns that went out and purchased weapons and learned how to use them.

Anyway, for those of you who do not live in Arkansas, it's somewhat natural to be leary of some LE due to past situations/investigations and convictions of LE officers.

Anyway, for those of you who do not live in Arkansas, it's somewhat natural to be leary of some LE due to past situations/investigations and convictions of LE officers.

I think that is true everywhere. Its the same in Florida for sure. Calling 911 in an emergency, itself is a crap shoot... they might not even forward your call to LE in the first place!

With the investigation being sealed, it's natural for people to tell what they heard, whether it be a leak in LE (yes, I know they are not supposed to) or Anne's friends (yes, they are trying to keep quite to help certain things not get out yet because it could interfere with the prosecution of who did this terrible crime. But they are still frustrated, hurt and in a bad mental place right now.

The investigation isn't sealed for nothing!!! Yes, we want Vance to have a fair trial, otherwise he could walk...probably wouldn't make it out the door, but it is possible, even with the DNA. We don't know exactly what DNA of his was found. And since the investigation, we don't know if anyone else's DNA was found and so on.

A lot of people here in Little Rock are concerned that the LE was being so pressured to make an arrest in this case (for Anne's family & friends) as well as the general public who were scared to death. I know women who hate guns that went out and purchased weapons and learned how to use them.

***Bolding mine....

First, it's fair to assume that they are in a bad mental place right now. I mean, that's fairly obvious, but that doesn't mean they are leaking to anyone.

I live in AR, and I am concerned about LE in MY state. Let's face it, some LE officers just shouldn't be doing the job of "protecting" the people, because they have their own self-interest involved.

In Anne's case, I think that the LR police did the best that they could. Were they perfect? No, but no one is perfect. Their job is being made 100 times more difficult by people rumor mongering. I don't envy their position at all. Personally, I'd like to see some folks getting a visit from LE and getting a good talking to about the rumors they are spreading. It's not good enough to say I heard it from a friend of a friend......Nothing about JT or ET has been substantiated by LE, nor do I expect it to be. Some folks just aren't happy to believe that a crime doesn't have to have a reason beyond the criminal just being evil.

As usual, MOO, JMO.

I think that is true everywhere. Its the same in Florida for sure. Calling 911 in an emergency, itself is a crap shoot... they might not even forward your call to LE in the first place!

Yep, calling 9-11 doesn't insure LE is going to be notified of your emergency. Especially if the operator doesn't know what constitutes an emergency and what doesn't. Where I live, calls go to the hospital and then they decide. Well, for me, it's easier to just call the police directly, explain to the dispatcher what is going on, and let the police decide if it's an emergency. And in a few cases, what I didn't deem a dire emergency seemed to be to the police. It's kind of scary when you call the police because there is a pit bull chasing your kids and all of the sudden it looks like the entire force has responded! Then, your neighbors think YOU ARE to blame because there are like 10 police cars parked in your driveway! By then, the dog is back at home, looking sweet and innocent, and the police want to know what the problem is....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en