GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jails are littered with people who hired the wrong people to commit a murder. Thugs hire thugs. They go to the street for what they need, plus it is relatively inexpensive. And look at that man who hired people to kill his ex-wife in FL and left her babies crawling in her blood? He was on the golf course trying to look innocent. A real hit would be too expensive and too hard to come by. There's no Yellow Pages for a hitman.

ITA on the WM3.

True, but Vance just doesn't strike me as being too bright. He's not someone you would want to hire in a hit. You'd have to worry about his girlfriend and most of all him singing like a bird when he got caught. Plus, he has a history of robbery and rape.

There is NO evidence that JT or ET hired Vance. The evidence points to Vance and Vance alone.

LOL about there's no Yellow Page listing for a "hitman."

Yep, calling 9-11 doesn't insure LE is going to be notified of your emergency. Especially if the operator doesn't know what constitutes an emergency and what doesn't. Where I live, calls go to the hospital and then they decide. Well, for me, it's easier to just call the police directly, explain to the dispatcher what is going on, and let the police decide if it's an emergency. And in a few cases, what I didn't deem a dire emergency seemed to be to the police. It's kind of scary when you call the police because there is a pit bull chasing your kids and all of the sudden it looks like the entire force has responded! Then, your neighbors think YOU ARE to blame because there are like 10 police cars parked in your driveway! By then, the dog is back at home, looking sweet and innocent, and the police want to know what the problem is....LOL

Hmmm, so I guess you would hesitate to call the police again? My husband were once run over by 2 teenagers in rush hour traffic, called the cops and they said they were so backed up, it would be a while. We actually saw a LR police officer drive by and never stop! They didn't make it until 3 hours later after the boys had threatened us, it got dark, all the businesses closed around us and nobody wanted to get involved, just wanted to get home. They came, took info (oh yeah in between the backwoods boys sister came and got something out of the trunk of his car and left with it), insurance info and when all was said and done, the kid lied about having insurance, but he was long gone and nobody could find them.

Now, when we had rental property in a gated community in LR and the person was not paying the rent, the rental company we paid 10% every month to oversee it apparently had better connections than we did. The next door neighbor's (to our rental property) called us and said what's up, there are cop cars all over the place!!! Go figure.

Hmmm, so I guess you would hesitate to call the police again? My husband were once run over by 2 teenagers in rush hour traffic, called the cops and they said they were so backed up, it would be a while. We actually saw a LR police officer drive by and never stop! They didn't make it until 3 hours later after the boys had threatened us, it got dark, all the businesses closed around us and nobody wanted to get involved, just wanted to get home. They came, took info (oh yeah in between the backwoods boys sister came and got something out of the trunk of his car and left with it), insurance info and when all was said and done, the kid lied about having insurance, but he was long gone and nobody could find them.

Now, when we had rental property in a gated community in LR and the person was not paying the rent, the rental company we paid 10% every month to oversee it apparently had better connections than we did. The next door neighbor's (to our rental property) called us and said what's up, there are cop cars all over the place!!! Go figure.

No, I would NOT hesitate to call LE again. But, with that being said, it's going to have to be a dire emergency before I bother them. Personally, the dealings I have had with LE where I live haven't been great. Especially after my BIL was found in the bottom of the Ouachita River. But, in order to get along sometimes we have to go along, if that makes any sense.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in LR or Pine Bluff. LE in both places in lacking. Just like it is here. Like all things, you get what you pay for.

I am sorry for what happened to your husband. Sadly, those things happen every day where I live, and no one seems to care.

The rumors about Anne need to stop. She's not here to defend her actions. JT and ET have made the choice to take the high road and not feed the rumors, I can't fault them for that. I made the same choice almost four years ago when my BIL died. The only time that I said ANYTHING to anyone was when their story was something that so far off base I had to correct them. Sadly, I trusted local LE to do the right thing, and thus far, they haven't. That's not to say I have given up all hope, but at this point I can't rely on them to file charges or even give me the proper paperwork when I request it (That is just a whole other can of worms!). But, in order for Vance to be successfully prosecuted, the rumors about Anne need to stop. They aren't helping the case against Vance.

JMO, of course.

No, I would NOT hesitate to call LE again. But, with that being said, it's going to have to be a dire emergency before I bother them. Personally, the dealings I have had with LE where I live haven't been great. Especially after my BIL was found in the bottom of the Ouachita River. But, in order to get along sometimes we have to go along, if that makes any sense.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in LR or Pine Bluff. LE in both places in lacking. Just like it is here. Like all things, you get what you pay for.

I am sorry for what happened to your husband. Sadly, those things happen every day where I live, and no one seems to care.

The rumors about Anne need to stop. She's not here to defend her actions. JT and ET have made the choice to take the high road and not feed the rumors, I can't fault them for that. I made the same choice almost four years ago when my BIL died. The only time that I said ANYTHING to anyone was when their story was something that so far off base I had to correct them. Sadly, I trusted local LE to do the right thing, and thus far, they haven't. That's not to say I have given up all hope, but at this point I can't rely on them to file charges or even give me the proper paperwork when I request it (That is just a whole other can of worms!). But, in order for Vance to be successfully prosecuted, the rumors about Anne need to stop. They aren't helping the case against Vance.

JMO, of course.

You are sure right about Pine Bluff. That is a very scary town to be in after dark and has been for many years. I used to go there on sales calls and, when I inquired about a good place to stay, was advised by one of the locals
that they would advise me to go on to Little Rock to stay. Needless to say, I took their advice.

Hi, my Websleuths friends!

This is my first post on this case, although I have been following the thread closely.

The guy in FL that had his ex-wife killed was Allen Blackthorne. Ann Rule wrote a book about it, "Every Breath You Take". It has absolutely no similiarities to this case whatsoever, not even the idea that a 'hit-man' was hired to kill Anne.
...snip

O4J

I didn't say they similar. I was discussing the hit man angle, there are many different types of people who will hire someone, including the modestly wealthy. They usually go where they know, people they THINK they can trust. And that's why they get caught!

Thanks for the info on the Ann Rule book, a friend passed it on to me. I love her, but am not a fan of her style of writing even though I've read many of her books!! I also followed the FL case in the media.

True, but Vance just doesn't strike me as being too bright. He's not someone you would want to hire in a hit. You'd have to worry about his girlfriend and most of all him singing like a bird when he got caught. Plus, he has a history of robbery and rape.

There is NO evidence that JT or ET hired Vance. The evidence points to Vance and Vance alone.

LOL about there's no Yellow Page listing for a "hitman."

Oh yeah, he's not bright!! :eek:

I agree there is no evidence in the media or LE of that links JT to the murder. However, I wouldn't discount Vance as the type of street who would take money to COMMIT a murder. He's a rapist and seems like just the type to be bought off with money, drugs, cars, etc. People who put no value on human life can be bought for a small price, IMO. I'm making a statement about character here, not Anne's case.

And I hope the Yellow Pages comment made you laugh, it was supposed to!! :blowkiss:

I didn't say they similar. I was discussing the hit man angle, there are many different types of people who will hire someone, including the modestly wealthy. They usually go where they know, people they THINK they can trust. And that's why they get caught!

Thanks for the info on the Ann Rule book, a friend passed it on to me. I love her, but am not a fan of her style of writing even though I've read many of her books!! I also followed the FL case in the media.

Oh yeah, he's not bright!! :eek:

I agree there is no evidence in the media or LE of that links JT to the murder. However, I wouldn't discount Vance as the type of street who would take money to COMMIT a murder. He's a rapist and seems like just the type to be bought off with money, drugs, cars, etc. People who put no value on human life can be bought for a small price, IMO. I'm making a statement about character here, not Anne's case.

And I hope the Yellow Pages comment made you laugh, it was supposed to!! :blowkiss:

I totally understand what you say about Vance being a -rapist and he would probably sell his um shall we say "services" for a price. With that being said, he doesn't strike me as being trustworthy to any criminal who would want something done with the least amount of fuss.

I know you aren't talking about Anne in your response.

Yes, the Yellow Pages comment made me laugh, and trust me, I needed a good laugh! Thank you, :blowkiss:

For those of you who think I am sure JT did this, let me make sure you know that’s not what I’m saying. Just to clear the air. What I DO believe (oh dear, please don’t send your posse’s after me, we all want the same thing here, prosecution of who did this), ok, what I do believe is that Vance did not act alone. I could write a book about why I believe that because there are so many reasons, and some would be rumors. I won’t go there with respect for Anne.

For those of you who don’t live in Arkansas, but especially in Little Rock need to know that one reason people believe some of the rumors are because this happened on October 20th, 21st? The LR LE were so tight lipped about it, women were scared to death, gun sales hit a record high, yet the LE would not give any (I know the race thing is a touchy subject), but any info at all. They kept saying it was a random robbery, there were no suspects, BUT, it was like they knew who did it, hey everyone, we can’t say anything, but don’t worry, you’re safe. It was awful. People thought there is this serial rapist/thief/killer out there and LE is not doing anything to warn the public, NOTHING! Even after the DNA, wouldn’t tell us white, black, yellow, red, etc. I and friends and co-workers were scared to death at home, walking to and from our cars, everywhere. And everyone had a feeling the suspect was someone prominent due to LE’s statements, actions and behavior. People in the Heights neighborhood were wondering about their own neighbors. Oh yeah, before I forget the Heights neighborhood did have their own police patrol except for a 6-hour interval. I can’t remember the exact hours but it was Sunday night into Monday morning, I think 11pm – 4am, but don’t quote me on that.

In any profession, there are good and bad. I just want people to maybe understand the fear we all lived for over a month. OK, Curtis Vance was arrested in LR before Thanksgiving (this guy is a complete idiot, but maybe came here because the Marianna PD was on to him, but even an idiot should go anywhere but Little Rock).

I’m rambling because so much is going through my head, but my point is so many people felt during this time, THEY were going to have to take the law into their own hands, this person would strike again, soon and wondered why LE wasn’t doing more to protect everyone else. OK, send your posse’s, but remember, we all want the same thing.

In your first post on November 20th of last year, you said this:

"... (this is just a bad feeling, I don't know anyone in LE or anyone who knew Anne), ..."

If you don't know anyone that knew Anne how can you deem info you've heard through the grapevine as credible enough to argue for and support? How can you say "her close friends did some talking" and you don't know with certainty who her close friends absolutely are?

Kittenmesh…I have a confession/clarification regarding your post, because you called me out and were right and I don’t want to misrepresent myself. I do know LE. Good ones and bad ones. My brother in law specializes in terrorism for the FBI, my other brother in law was a narcotic officer K-9, you know with the dog, he’s in another dangerous position now, but they let him keep his K-9 dog because he was getting old (retired, the dog, I mean), my cousin is a county deputy, my uncle retired from the FBI from a position that I cannot say, it would be a dead give-away, but still has an office in the Pentagon because since 9/11, he, well I guess FBI people never really retire unless they get kicked out, my neighbor is a detective (not for the LR PD, though), my ex-brother in law is head of a Narcotic division and there are probably more, I’m just thinking relatives now. Friends would include at least 3 former detectives, retired, I heard. Those are the good guys…seriously, they are.

Now, I knew the police chief of a small town who is now in prison for (sentenced for 40) might get out at 10 years from school (and his brothers and sister), didn’t know his wife (sentenced to 10) might get out at 3. A thief/ in school all the way to the big house. Also, from school a former cop busted for cocaine, didn’t do time, but obviously no longer in LE. I declined a job for a former FBI agent in the political field, thank goodness, that turned out to be a bad situation. Geez, there are more bad ones, but I’d rather concentrate on the good ones. I do NOT ask any of these anything about the Anne Pressly case. In fact, they live from Washington to Alabama to Florida to wherever they’ve moved the prison one to try and keep him safe, not sure, heard it was Missouri.

As far as knowing Anne and her friends/co-workers, I decline to comment.

As far as the nurses that leaked information, breaking the HIPPA regulations, they will NEVER work in nursing again. Their licenses are flagged while under investigation and if they apply somewhere, it will show that. If any of you know any of the nurses license number, just call (501) 682-2200 to verify my point. There is also a federal Inspector General's 'Do Not Hire' list, which you only need the name, not license number.

Sorry, rambling again, I'll hush now.

For those of you who think I am sure JT did this, let me make sure you know that’s not what I’m saying. Just to clear the air. What I DO believe (oh dear, please don’t send your posse’s after me, we all want the same thing here, prosecution of who did this), ok, what I do believe is that Vance did not act alone. I could write a book about why I believe that because there are so many reasons, and some would be rumors. I won’t go there with respect for Anne.

For those of you who don’t live in Arkansas, but especially in Little Rock need to know that one reason people believe some of the rumors are because this happened on October 20th, 21st? The LR LE were so tight lipped about it, women were scared to death, gun sales hit a record high, yet the LE would not give any (I know the race thing is a touchy subject), but any info at all. They kept saying it was a random robbery, there were no suspects, BUT, it was like they knew who did it, hey everyone, we can’t say anything, but don’t worry, you’re safe. It was awful. People thought there is this serial rapist/thief/killer out there and LE is not doing anything to warn the public, NOTHING! Even after the DNA, wouldn’t tell us white, black, yellow, red, etc. I and friends and co-workers were scared to death at home, walking to and from our cars, everywhere. And everyone had a feeling the suspect was someone prominent due to LE’s statements, actions and behavior. People in the Heights neighborhood were wondering about their own neighbors. Oh yeah, before I forget the Heights neighborhood did have their own police patrol except for a 6-hour interval. I can’t remember the exact hours but it was Sunday night into Monday morning, I think 11pm – 4am, but don’t quote me on that.

In any profession, there are good and bad. I just want people to maybe understand the fear we all lived for over a month. OK, Curtis Vance was arrested in LR before Thanksgiving (this guy is a complete idiot, but maybe came here because the Marianna PD was on to him, but even an idiot should go anywhere but Little Rock).

I’m rambling because so much is going through my head, but my point is so many people felt during this time, THEY were going to have to take the law into their own hands, this person would strike again, soon and wondered why LE wasn’t doing more to protect everyone else. OK, send your posse’s, but remember, we all want the same thing.

With all due respect, it wasn't just women in LR that were scared. Women all over the state were scared. The common thinking was that if it could happen to a well-liked public figure, it could happen to anyone.

I think Vance knew the gig was up when he realized that he gave his DNA to the Marianna PD. He CAN'T be that stupid that he would think that it was still sitting on a shelf somewhere. But then again, it just doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the strand....

And if Vance said someone else (like JT or ET) were involved, it was to save his sorry behind. Not because they were. And yes, I believe Vance's girlfriend knew about his role in Anne's robbery and death. But, I can't figure out why she hasn't been charged (with accessory after the fact), unless she's cooperating. And if she's cooperating, LE and the DA need to double check what she is telling them, because Vance is supposedly the father of her children, and more likely than not, she'd say whatever it takes to get his butt out of the fire.

LE had a balancing act to do perform during this investigation. The crime at first glance looked very personal, so they had to check the people closest to Anne and then work their way out. I didn't get the impression that they weren't doing anything, I got the impression that they had a few suspects and didn't want to cause a panic around LR by saying they had no clue.

Geez, where I live in AR we have four unsolved murders, and here I get the impression the local LE isn't doing anything, because they don't have a clue (And they probably don't have a clue, because the few I know couldn't track a bleeding elephant in 10 feet of snow). And I live close to a city of less than 14,000 people, so four unsolved murders don't really help local crime statistics.

I always figured LE was doing more than was publically let on (which is normal). Lack of info did lead me to wonder about the motive of the crime. To me it could fit several ideas.

I sort of suspected some 18-22 year old neighbor kid high on crack looking for stuff to pawn. Maybe he freaked out and just went off on Anne... That stuff happens a lot... But then use use of her credit card at a gas station some ways away precluded that too...

Could have been a stalker, and that would account for a few personal items being missing. But then a stalker might have been known to Anne's friends and co workers as its rare they would not have made some prior contact(s) with the victim over a period of time. And again a stalker might not use a stolen credit card.

I never considered a murder for hire crime. And from what is known now, that really doesn't fit the evidence. I never thought Anne would be involved in some sort of "relationship" that would lead to that anyway.

As for an ex lover, boyfriend, etc. She seems pretty private and work focused. I never found any mention in ANY blog, thread, etc about any ex's that had any ill will towards. Her. I found a couple second hand references to people who had dated her and had nothing but respect or praise for her. While good people can make bad relationship choices, this doesn't seem like the typical trailer park smack down you see on cops. And like stalkers, someone usually tells friends or co workers about their creepy ex or they know about him becuase he stalks the lady at work, etc.

Initially I didn't think it was just a random crime. But then, as more evidence came out, and with Vance being picked up... it really does make a lot of sense. It fits his MO, he was seen scoping out the neighborhood, has had other encounters with women, robbery, rape, etc. I think something like Anne fighting back set him off. Maybe he was high at the time and lost it... who knows. But really aside from details like that, a good bit of the case seems to be pretty well explained/explainable.

Kittenmesh…I have a confession/clarification regarding your post, because you called me out and were right and I don’t want to misrepresent myself. I do know LE. Good ones and bad ones. My brother in law specializes in terrorism for the FBI, my other brother in law was a narcotic officer K-9, you know with the dog, he’s in another dangerous position now, but they let him keep his K-9 dog because he was getting old (retired, the dog, I mean), my cousin is a county deputy, my uncle retired from the FBI from a position that I cannot say, it would be a dead give-away, but still has an office in the Pentagon because since 9/11, he, well I guess FBI people never really retire unless they get kicked out, my neighbor is a detective (not for the LR PD, though), my ex-brother in law is head of a Narcotic division and there are probably more, I’m just thinking relatives now. Friends would include at least 3 former detectives, retired, I heard. Those are the good guys…seriously, they are.

Now, I knew the police chief of a small town who is now in prison for (sentenced for 40) might get out at 10 years from school (and his brothers and sister), didn’t know his wife (sentenced to 10) might get out at 3. A thief/ in school all the way to the big house. Also, from school a former cop busted for cocaine, didn’t do time, but obviously no longer in LE. I declined a job for a former FBI agent in the political field, thank goodness, that turned out to be a bad situation. Geez, there are more bad ones, but I’d rather concentrate on the good ones. I do NOT ask any of these anything about the Anne Pressly case. In fact, they live from Washington to Alabama to Florida to wherever they’ve moved the prison one to try and keep him safe, not sure, heard it was Missouri.

As far as knowing Anne and her friends/co-workers, I decline to comment.

As far as the nurses that leaked information, breaking the HIPPA regulations, they will NEVER work in nursing again. Their licenses are flagged while under investigation and if they apply somewhere, it will show that. If any of you know any of the nurses license number, just call (501) 682-2200 to verify my point. There is also a federal Inspector General's 'Do Not Hire' list, which you only need the name, not license number.

Sorry, rambling again, I'll hush now.

How is this relevant?

but... I think if he brought things with him to use on her- knife, unidentified blunt object, he knew he planned to use them, imo. If he didn't bring the weapons, then he would have had to go look for and retrieve them in the midst of his rage. So if he did become ballistic, due to Anne fighting him, i would think he would have just pummelled her with his fists.
I don't think he would have stopped to go look for stuff to use. jmo
unless maybe she kept something for protection close to her bed and he got a hold of it.
that was hard to type

but... I think if he brought things with him to use on her- knife, unidentified blunt object, he knew he planned to use them, imo. If he didn't bring the weapons, then he would have had to go look for and retrieve them in the midst of his rage. So if he did become ballistic, due to Anne fighting him, i would think he would have just pummelled her with his fists.
I don't think he would have stopped to go look for stuff to use. jmo
unless maybe she kept something for protection close to her bed and he got a hold of it.
that was hard to type

In my case I was beat with fists and a lamp that was by the bed. I don't know how much damage was caused in the first beating with his fists or the second which was fists and lamp. I assume the damage to the left side of my head came from his right fist.

In Anne's case I have heard about bloody gun prints on the sheets so he could have struck her with the gun. Most people have something that you could whap someone with laying around... There is the possibility he hit her head against something too like a bed frame, table, etc. Or she could have been kicked or stomped. :(

IMO that was harsh.

Seems she was trying to explain where her ideas come from regarding Anne's case and her feelings on LE.

As you know, other people might have opinions that don't jive with yours, but if they are presented respectfully I don't see what the problem is with discussing them.

How is this relevant?

I always figured LE was doing more than was publically let on (which is normal). Lack of info did lead me to wonder about the motive of the crime. To me it could fit several ideas.

I sort of suspected some 18-22 year old neighbor kid high on crack looking for stuff to pawn. Maybe he freaked out and just went off on Anne... That stuff happens a lot... But then use use of her credit card at a gas station some ways away precluded that too...

Could have been a stalker, and that would account for a few personal items being missing. But then a stalker might have been known to Anne's friends and co workers as its rare they would not have made some prior contact(s) with the victim over a period of time. And again a stalker might not use a stolen credit card.

I never considered a murder for hire crime. And from what is known now, that really doesn't fit the evidence. I never thought Anne would be involved in some sort of "relationship" that would lead to that anyway.

As for an ex lover, boyfriend, etc. She seems pretty private and work focused. I never found any mention in ANY blog, thread, etc about any ex's that had any ill will towards. Her. I found a couple second hand references to people who had dated her and had nothing but respect or praise for her. While good people can make bad relationship choices, this doesn't seem like the typical trailer park smack down you see on cops. And like stalkers, someone usually tells friends or co workers about their creepy ex or they know about him becuase he stalks the lady at work, etc.

Initially I didn't think it was just a random crime. But then, as more evidence came out, and with Vance being picked up... it really does make a lot of sense. It fits his MO, he was seen scoping out the neighborhood, has had other encounters with women, robbery, rape, etc. I think something like Anne fighting back set him off. Maybe he was high at the time and lost it... who knows. But really aside from details like that, a good bit of the case seems to be pretty well explained/explainable.

ITA.

At first, I thought it was a stalker (a long term type of thing), but when no one came forward saying that yes, she had problems, then I changed my mind. But, I was off on the race of the perp. I thought for sure it would be a younger white male. Just color me stupid!

IMO, I think Vance will plead to LWOP. I don't think he's going to actually take this to trial. I mean the guy is stupid, but he's not that stupid. Of course, look at how wrong I was before....LOL

Well, I won't be surprised to see a few bomshells drop during the trial. I tend to think this is not as cut and dry as most on here think. The one thing I keep thinking about was that the front door was unlocked when Anne's mother went to the house. I found that to be strange since the front part of the house did not appear to be disturbed.

Well, I won't be surprised to see a few bomshells drop during the trial. I tend to think this is not as cut and dry as most on here think. The one thing I keep thinking about was that the front door was unlocked when Anne's mother went to the house. I found that to be strange since the front part of the house did not appear to be disturbed.

I am sorry, but the front door was not unlocked when Anne's mother arrived. The back gate (the gate was at the front of her carport, or back, anyway ...the gate was slightly in front of the nose of Anne's car when she parked in her carport) was ajar. When Anne did not answer her front door, and Anne's mom could not get in, she went around back ... through the open gate, and went in through the backdoor, that was unlocked.

Maybe it makes no difference.

The front door was aparently locked but the back door was unlocked. The side gate was closed but the catch was up not fastened. I have read Anne and/or her neighbors did not lock their doors. If it was an older house it might have had crappy locks that could be jimmied. When Vance got into the teachers house he didn't seem to disturb things.

I am sorry, but the front door was not unlocked when Anne's mother arrived. The back gate (the gate was at the front of her carport, or back, anyway ...the gate was slightly in front of the nose of Anne's car when she parked in her carport) was ajar. When Anne did not answer her front door, and Anne's mom could not get in, she went around back ... through the open gate, and went in through the backdoor, that was unlocked.

Maybe it makes no difference.

Guess I'm wrong. I would have sworn her mother said the front door was unlocked when she was on national TV and that she entered through the front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en