GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SET for a NOV. 2 ,2009 TRIAL

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_ANCHOR_ATTACKED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
Curtis Lavelle Vance faces the death penalty in last October's attack on KATV personality Anne Pressly at her home. Detectives said Vance told officers he broke in to steal a laptop.
Detective Tommy Hudson testified Tuesday that Vance told officers that when Pressly woke up and found him, he hit her with the garden tool about four times.
Vance has pleaded not guilty to capital murder and other charges. He is set for trial Nov. 2.

There is something weird about Vance's various confessions and the evidence we know about. This was a very bloody crime, it seems impossible that he wouldn't have transferred some of Anne's blood to his car, or elsewhere. The police have not, at least publicly, pursued the possibility that he had an accomplice.

There is something weird about Vance's various confessions and the evidence we know about. This was a very bloody crime, it seems impossible that he wouldn't have transferred some of Anne's blood to his car, or elsewhere. The police have not, at least publicly, pursued the possibility that he had an accomplice.

I agree there is something weird about his confessions. He may have had help, probably in the cover up phase.

Plus....since he brought "the garden tool" with him into the woman's bedroom, I would think he planned to use it on her from the begining.

Where is his car? Does LE have it?
In one of his statements he claims 2 men were with him.
He must've really wanted a laptop. Apparently, he knew exactly where it was.

Several things...

I assume LE has/knows more evidence than they have let on

It is possible Vance showered in Anne's house before he left. Some internet blabber mentioned the suspect showered. So you might not find much in Vance's car.

Most people dont hide their lap tops so the fact Vance found it and took it doesnt surprise me. Laptops are a very high theft item in general. It was probably sitting on a table, desk or by Anne's bed (thats where mine is).

LE did say no further suspects were involved or under investigation, which means to me that they don't believe Vance had accomplices.

Evidence at the scene may indicate only one attacker.

A lot of criminals, when confronted with evidence that they were at a crime scene, will blame someone else (real or imaginary). I can see Vance saying yeah I went in and stole her stuff but I didn't kill her... that was so and so... Not me... I didn't have anything to do with it. He wouldn't be above "making up" accomplices. If you have ever watched Cops you see it... cops are chasing a guy in a car, the car wrecks and the suspect jumps out of the drivers seat and runs. When the cops catch him the guy will say that wasn't me driving. The other guy was driving... even though the suspect was the only guy in the car...

Im sure a lot will come out in trial.

Seeing this in the news again and on TV has really set me back. When I caught it on TV it knocked my breath out and I had a panic attack...

I agree there is something weird about his confessions. He may have had help, probably in the cover up phase.

Plus....since he brought "the garden tool" with him into the woman's bedroom, I would think he planned to use it on her from the begining.

His G/F certainly helped Vance fence stuff... I don't think he had anyone else with im the night he went to Anne's. No one saw him around with an accomplice, and the teacher in Marietta didn't see/mention one...

In other instances Vance seemed to carry a pistol. Perhaps that night at Anne he didn't have it with him and used a weapon of convenience.

Seeing this in the news again and on TV has really set me back. When I caught it on TV it knocked my breath out and I had a panic attack...

I have been thinking of you. I was wondering if this was going to effect you.
Hang in there Carla.
~xxooxxoo~
Flossie.

I have been thinking of you. I was wondering if this was going to effect you.
Hang in there Carla.
~xxooxxoo~
Flossie.

Thanx! It hit me like a ton of bricks. I hadn't forgotten but for once it wasnt consuming me every hour of every day... was just one of those things in the back of my mind. I hadn't even googled it in a bit. But I heard it on TV and it hit me like a ton of bricks...

I just want some justice to be served out... just once. But the sad thing is that ultimately it wont mean anything... there are a million more Vances out there, and sadly just as many Annes...

This sort of puts a lot of it in perspective as to what happened...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/10/07/crimesider/entry5368759.shtml

Vance was prowling around looking for stuff to steal. Perhaps he didnt have a gun since he had taken a wooden handled garden tool from someone's back yard shed. Anne woke up to Vance beating off next to her bed, and he then beat and assaulted her. His lame alibi (he doesnt deny being there) is he went to move the car and someone else did it...

Hi, Carla. I haven't forgotten. I feel very sad that such a senseless, invasive crime like this can take place, and then leave grieving people just to carry on somehow. I thought it had been about a year. I hope the trial is swift and just.

Best to you, babe. --tapu

Thanks! I am glad someone else still pays some attention. It might be silly but I have not forgotten this in the least.

Thanks! I am glad someone else still pays some attention. It might be silly but I have not forgotten this in the least.

I think it's a useful thing to post on a thread like this once in a while because things can go astray in the trial phase and if an alarm needs to be raised to the public about the judicial system and sentencing, then this way we all know when it's happening and can remain, as a whole, vigilant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14