Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what it sounds like to me:

Ashley met “Lucy” online at some point about a job. She scheduled an interview.

This is where things would get sketchy to me. It sounds like “Lucy” wanted to pick up Ashley instead of Ashley going to the supposed place of business in Bentonville. So Ashley agrees to meet her at the Handi-Mart (a busy place hopefully with cams) and is probably taken there by a third party (her ride).

The article only states that Ashley was picked up by “Lucy” at the Handi-Mart. So we can assume that Ashley either walked there, was dropped off there by the same third party she texted later in the day to pick her up or was dropped off by a different person. MOO is that she was dropped off in the morning by the same third party that she texted later in the evening to pick her up. That is pure speculation of course.

“Lucy” arrives at the Handi-Mart and Ashley gets into her tan pickup truck.

At around 3pm Ashley texts the third party (her ride) and tells them that she is in Gravette and is on the way to the Handi-Mart.

This is what I am speculating based on the article which isn’t really clear on this. It sounds like the third party (her ride) made it to the Handi-Mart and was waiting. The third party (her ride) saw the tan pickup truck at the intersection near the Handi-Mart (and/or the whole thing was caught on CCTV). Instead of the pickup truck pulling into the store parking lot it bypassed the Handi-Mart turned north onto Highway 43 and continued traveling north.

The article states that “Lucy” and Ashley were in the tan pickup when it bypassed the Handi-Mart. The third party (her ride) must have seen Ashley in the vehicle or perhaps they (LE) have CCTV showing her in the vehicle.

I am hoping LE has accessed Ashley’s computers, devices, social media and cloud to see who she was speaking with and try to track that person down. Most likely the “Lucy” she spoke with was an alias. They also have the description of the vehicle and hopefully they have CCTV showing tag numbers.

This was a brazen abduction. They made Ashley feel secure all the way to the moment she was to be dropped off. The fact that she’s 31 weeks pregnant only makes this abduction more scary. Hopefully LE will be able to find her before something terrible happens.

I try to cement this into the minds of all the people I know. If you have that weird feeling in the back of your mind about something or that creepy sensation that something just isn’t right TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. They can save your life.

Ashley seemingly had some doubt about this meetup. What leads me to think this is that she seemingly didn’t want “Lucy” to pick her up from her home she wanted to meet “Lucy” in a crowded open place (where hopefully there were cams). Ashley most likely brought a third party with her and didn’t drive herself (true she may not have had access to a vehicle or had no license). From what it sounds like the third party stayed with Ashley until “Lucy” showed up (perhaps this is where the description of “Lucy” and truck comes from). Why didn’t “Lucy” have Ashley meet her at the supposed place of business in Bentonville? Why did “Lucy” want to pick her up? Why did “Lucy” wait until they got to the turn off to the Handi-Mart to make her move? To make Ashley feel more secure? To make sure she didn’t text anyone that she was being abducted? Perhaps it took that long to get Ashleys phone away from her. Lots of questions and few answers. Of course LE can’t tell us everything.

As I was writing this and speculating I also wondered what if Ashley had a medical emergency. What if her water broke or she was in some kind of distress and ”Lucy” just bypassed the store and took her straight to the hospital. The reason I think that this is unlikely is that Ashley had her phone with her. No one has received a text or call from Ashley. If it was a medical emergency “Lucy” could have used Ashley’s phone to call someone on her last called list. If the phone was password protected and Ashley was unable to speak to give “Lucy” the password then maybe…but “Lucy” knew someone was in that parking lot waiting for Ashley. She could have quickly driven in and said ‘there’s a medical emergency follow me’. Plus I’m sure that family and LE have contacted all the local hospitals to see if any person came in that fit Ashleys description.

Since she had her phone LE at least has a map of where they went before the abduction and hopefully where the phone ended up afterwards.

This is of course all my own speculation and MOO.

Gosh ... as time passes, I am becoming very concerned about Ashley and what might have happened. With the truck description I'm hoping they can find Lucy real quick and that Ashley is safe and can be returned to her family. The photo on page 1 of this thread shows Ashley with two littles ... her family must be completely distraught. Prayers all around ... Moo

Why do I keep thinking about Heidi Broussard?

Around 3 p.m. that day, Bush texted her ride to say she was in Gravette on her way to Handi-Mart so he could pick her up. The women arrived at the intersection near Handi-Mart, turned north onto Hwy. 43 and continued north. Deputies say Bush has not been seen or heard from since.

Where's the video from Handi-Mart which shows Ashley getting into the tan truck, as well as the video of them at the intersection?

Benton County Sheriff's Office

**Missing Benton County Woman**
Ashley Bush
W/F D.O.B. 08/01/89
5'7" 210lbs
Red Hair and Blue Eyes
31 weeks pregnant
Ashley Bush was last seen in the passenger seat of and older model tan pickup truck on the afternoon of October 31, 2022 at the intersection of Hwy 72 and Hwy 43 in Maysville Arkansas.

The driver was a white woman in her 40’s with shoulder length brown hair who stated her name was “Lucy”.
Ashley met Lucy online when she was looking for a job working from home. Lucy picked her up that morning at the Handi-Mart in Maysville to take her to a job interview in Bentonville.

At approximately 3:00 pm, Ashley texted her ride to say she was in Gravette, on her way to Handi-Mart, so he could pick her up. Lucy and Ashley arrived at the intersection near Handi-Mart, turned north onto Hwy 43 and continued north. She has not been seen or heard from since.

She was last seen wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans and black slip-on shoes. She is 31 weeks pregnant.
If you have any information please call Detective Susan Matthews at 479.271.1008 ext. 3639
Facebook

Interesting comments at link.

Why did I instantly get Savannah Greywind vibes?

Last edited:
The news video at this link has an interview with Ashley's fiance that clarifies a couple of details. He said that he and Ashley met Lucy on Friday for what they thought was the first of two job interviews. Lucy seemed nice and even offered them baby clothes. On Mon. when he was expecting Ashley to be dropped off at Handi-Mart and was waiting to pick her up, the tan pick-up truck arrived and Lucy looked directly at him and then kept on driving. He tried to chase after her, but by the time he could get to the top of the hill she wasn't in sight, so he doesn't know what direction she went. They contacted the company Lucy said she worked for. The company had never heard of her and said that they don't hire through Facebook. The sheriff has Ashley's phone. (This interview doesn't say how they found her phone, but there comments on the Benton County Sheriff's Office Facebook page that might give some indication of that.)

Interview with fiance.

Reporter - So, Phil we're told that she was heading to a job interview?

Reporter - That's what her fiance, Josh Willis, tells me. He says that a woman named Lucy picked her up to take her to a job interview in Bentonville. The two met on social media, but now Willis tells me that he hopes that his soon to be wife and unborn child are returned home safely.

Fiance - I really need her home. She was actually the rock that kept all of us going.

Reporter - Josh Willis last saw his fiance around 3:00 pm. Monday. She was supposed to get dropped off at this Handi-Mart in Maysville after her interview.

1667382502868.png

Fiance - All of a sudden the... Lucy, the lady that she was with, looked at me and then just kept driving. Never stopped, nothing. I hollered at her, I chased her down. By the time I could catch to the top of the hill to see which way she was going, she was already gone.

Reporter - Willis says he and Ashley met Lucy on Friday for, what they believe, was the first of two job interviews. He says Lucy came off as welcoming, believing that she could be trusted. Now he feels betrayed. He reached out to the company Lucy said she worked for. They don't know who the woman is. They've never heard of her. She doesn't work for that company, and their company does not hire anybody off of Facebook.

Reporter - Bush is 5ft 7in, weighs 210 pounds and has red hair and blue eyes. She was last seen in a black hoodie, blue jeans and black slip on shoes. Willis says the Bin County Sheriff's Office has his fiance's phone and is going through evidence. He hopes she comes home for her two kids, plus their unborn child. But he's lost faith in humanity.

Fiance - Yes, honestly, right now I've lost all hope in trusting people to do anything with my family, after this situation. I thought, we honestly could trust her. She offered us baby clothes and stuff for the new baby. She seemed like she was really nice and then all of a sudden things changed.

Reporter - So, Willis tells me that his soon to be wife does have a tattoo on her right arm. I did reach out to the Benton County Sheriff's office. A spokesperson tells me that they hope to release more information tomorrow. Anybody with more information about her whereabouts is asked to give them a call.

Benton County Sheriff's Office

**Missing Benton County Woman**
Ashley Bush
W/F D.O.B. 08/01/89
5'7" 210lbs
Red Hair and Blue Eyes
31 weeks pregnant
Ashley Bush was last seen in the passenger seat of and older model tan pickup truck on the afternoon of October 31, 2022 at the intersection of Hwy 72 and Hwy 43 in Maysville Arkansas.

The driver was a white woman in her 40’s with shoulder length brown hair who stated her name was “Lucy”.
Ashley met Lucy online when she was looking for a job working from home. Lucy picked her up that morning at the Handi-Mart in Maysville to take her to a job interview in Bentonville.

At approximately 3:00 pm, Ashley texted her ride to say she was in Gravette, on her way to Handi-Mart, so he could pick her up. Lucy and Ashley arrived at the intersection near Handi-Mart, turned north onto Hwy 43 and continued north. She has not been seen or heard from since.

She was last seen wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans and black slip-on shoes. She is 31 weeks pregnant.
If you have any information please call Detective Susan Matthews at 479.271.1008 ext. 3639
Facebook

Interesting comments at link.
After that interview my hinky metre is going off.

I hope not either. 31 weeks is early, especially if not in a hospital setting.
Yeah, it’s concerning that Ashley’s only 31 weeks along. If “Lucy” is looking to steal her baby would she realize the need for proper medical care for a preterm infant?

That’s one reason why I would question a motive of fetal abduction, unless “Lucy” is clueless.

Crazy.

this doesn’t make any sense…Ashley got picked up in the morning? do we have a time? and then was being dropped off at 3? but the lady “kept going”. If Lucy was going to kidnap Ashley, why was she coming back toward the HandiMart? How did the police get her phone? She had it in the truck to text her ride?! Maybe I need more coffee!!

Gosh ... as time passes, I am becoming very concerned about Ashley and what might have happened. With the truck description I'm hoping they can find Lucy real quick and that Ashley is safe and can be returned to her family. The photo on page 1 of this thread shows Ashley with two littles ... her family must be completely distraught. Prayers all around ... Moo

Why do I keep thinking about Heidi Broussard?
As soon as I read the headline, that was my first thought, Heidi. Not good, this is not good at all.

Just thinking out loud. Beyond the obvious - Ashley is pregnant and this "Lucy" person posted about giving away baby clothes. I'm confused about why/how the initial social media connection between the two occurred? Was this about a job or the offer of baby clothes?

Are there any other people affiliations or circumstances in Ashley's life, that could put her in a position of danger? I'm reading in between the lines regarding some of the comments on the BCSO post.

Where did Ashley and her fiancé meet Lucy for their first meeting on Friday? Hopefully investigators find video evidence along the routes they and/or Lucy would have had to travel. MOO
Yes, where did the interview take place and WHO was present? If "Lucy" only provided the transportation, who did Ashley meet with in the fake interview? Unlike HB's case, this sounds like more than one person could be involved.

What time did they leave for the interview, in other words what was the time lapse between leaving and the time the fiancé saw them at 3PM?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member