GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[modsnip]

Now, that's interesting. It was said earlier nothing was missing from her purse. Was her cellphone there too? If yes, that would be weird for a random perp to text with Beverly's friend and then put the cellphone back in the purse. Hmmm.

Was this a vacant home? I know 9PM isn't super late, but usually homeowners only leave the premises for an hour or so when there's a showing. They never came home? The husband was the first one to walk into the home?

Realtors take their cell phone everywhere. I don't know anyone who leaves their cell in the car while showing a home.

I'm noticing she has home listings on her fb. A fb stalker's / creepos dream. Hopefully LE is looking at her fb messages and electronic footprint--(of course they are).

I wonder if there have been any other hinky incidents in the area re: showing homes, for instance has anyone else ever felt uncomfortable with a potential buyer recently?

What about sexual assaults or attempted abductions the area? Any other unsolved mp cases in the area?

Also, no accusations here, but can not help but wonder if someone might be trying to set up a scenario here which might not have occurred? If this is not the case, sorry for mentioning, but obviously its something LE would be looking in to.

Beverly seems like a well loved person (comment on her facebook: "beautiful inside and out").

This is so awful for her family; hoping for her safe return.

Question: any indication she was depressed lately?

[modsnip] I know the area and there are some beautiful homes there and most people that way are wealthy farmers that have lived in the area most their lives. I'm wondering if it was someone she knew from that way who told her they just wanted to stop in and look, you know on friendly terms not official and she was duped into it?? Lots of strange things about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not be connected but there was a woman's body found this week on Wed on I40 in Arkansas I will try and find out more info and how far away from each other, but there is a girl who is missing from Stuttgart also and that's not to far away from each other really. Most people that way usually know everyone because of the farmland and it's rural and small towns. So all the locals around are wondering if these women are connected or something I am too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold RE back in 80,s and would take off and show country properties and never gave it a thought about walking into something. Nowing what I know now Id never meet a stranger alone.

That home looks familar. thats not the" mother was famous author and son either dissappeared or killed himself and family" house is it ?

I cant think eeeks!

I'm a Realtor. I never show a home to anyone who has not been pre-qualified by a mortgage lender and can show me the pre-qual letter to prove it. By taking this precaution, the person has to provide their real name and employment info. That weeds out most of the weirdos and people who just look for fun. If someone is in the market to buy a home, they will want to know what they can afford. If they intend to pay cash, the can get a proof of funds letter from their bank. All of this requires positive ID.

There should be contact info on her phone and her computer for the person she was going to meet. The electronic lockbox records the time she entered the home and the time she left. Each agent has their own code so there is no confusion as to who opened the box.

This should be standard procedure and all reputable agencies should adhere to this to protect their agents, IMHO. I'm hoping that Mrs. Carter is able to return home, but I am deeply concerned due to the fact that her purse was found with nothing missing from it. That IMHO is a sign that she did not leave willingly.

Something doesn't seem right. IMO it seems staged. The front door wide open, purse in the car. Was the car door open too? I can't remember. So she pulls up, leaves her purse in the car goes and unlocks the lock box? A realtor usually carries things when she goes to show a house; her cards and a purchase contract at the least. It would seem to me from her purse being in the car indicates that she did not enter the house. So who unlocked the lock box?? They used to have keys, I believe they're coded now. If by chance she did make it into the house why would she leave the door wide open? Or why would the perp leave it wide open leaving? A crime like this would be calculated/planned out and I can picture the person would not leave the door wide open. Something doesn't smell right.

The local Fox affiliate shows this as the home where her car was found.
bu5usu8a.jpg

Realtor link above says house has a lake view... So I assume it is close to a body of water...

:waitasec:

Was this a vacant home? I know 9PM isn't super late, but usually homeowners only leave the premises for an hour or so when there's a showing. They never came home? The husband was the first one to walk into the home?

The home appears to be vacant.

She was not the listing agent so she would've been representing the buyer only. It is not unusual for a buyer's agent to call the listing agent directly and not go through the office to set up a showing, especially if they know each other and have worked deals in the past. It is also not unusual for the listing agent to say, "The home is vacant, show anytime, the lock code is....". In this situation (and even if she called the office and not the agent), she would not be required to give the potential buyer's name or info.

Some agents don't use the coded locks obtained through the real estate commission. It is common for some real estate agents to put a lock with their own code....a lockbox that can be bought at Lowe's or Home Depot. It this were the case, there will be no time stamp of when she entered the house.

I am hoping maybe this is all some crazy misunderstanding, or that she just needed some personal time away and staged her own disappearance. I hope she turns up well and safe regardless. Prayers for a happy ending.

Also, why was nothing missing from her purse? Past cases where realtors where assaulted or killed usually was secondary to a planned robbery. Neighbors on one side are really really close. They didn't see her being grabbed as she pulled in to that long driveway or another car arriving there? Screams? Hmmmm

The home appears to be vacant.

She was not the listing agent so she would've been representing the buyer only. It is not unusual for a buyer's agent to call the listing agent directly and not go through the office to set up a showing, especially if they know each other and have worked deals in the past. It is also not unusual for the listing agent to say, "The home is vacant, show anytime, the lock code is....". In this situation (and even if she called the office and not the agent), she would not be required to give the potential buyer's name or info.

Some agents don't use the coded locks obtained through the real estate commission. It is common for some real estate agents to put a lock with their own code....a lockbox that can be bought at Lowe's or Home Depot. It this were the case, there will be no time stamp of when she entered the house.

I am hoping maybe this is all some crazy misunderstanding, or that she just needed some personal time away and staged her own disappearance. I hope she turns up well and safe regardless. Prayers for a happy ending.

Yes, it was foreclosed, not a short sale. So it was empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member