GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter said one of the toughest things to deal with so far is hearing all of the details of his mother's death.
“I do think we were called to be a good example through all of this. If we were to act out or if we were to lash out or act in any way that was less than my mother would have us to be, that is not going to benefit anyone. I mean you could hurt the justice process,” Carter said. “It hurts, but it’s also a relief. We are glad that at least half the battle is over now.”
“It’s all been played out so publicly and we recognize that we have a big responsibility. Not only to represent Mom, how she would want us to behave, but based on our faith, too," Carter said.

Bless his heart. His family is handling it far better than I ever could.They conduct themselves with so much class and grace. Somehow I think this beautiful woman named Beverly instilled that in her family. jmo

Friends of CL's have to really be questioning their character judging skills right about now.

My suspicions were always that NJ was attempting to sway a potential jury pool. She had a lot of facts that tried to be explained away. As I read more and more of what really happened, I am sickened by the spin that put CL in a victim role. Actually, it repulses me. Go back and read some of her posts and it's obvious the motive.

No only real NEW info was the name used by Crystal and Arron...... Steven and Crystal Adams............. ROFL.. I mean if your gonna give a name when ya plan on doing something criminal, dont use your first name and the first name on the flipping phone account lol

He must like the name Steven. Doesn't he ( or didn't he) have a social media account using the name Steve Ho?

He must like the name Steven. Doesn't he ( or didn't he) have a social media account using the name Steve Ho?

Thats exactly right!!!!! SteveOh. I guess his wasnt really a fake name, either!

Well to have so many friends who stood by her.....Not.One.Person.Was.In.Court.For.Her.Today......

OHHH and Beverly Carters phone WAS NOT.... WAS NOT... on Crystal Lowerys nasty panties, on the dresser. Beverly Carters phone was in the car with Arron Lewis when he wrecked as he was being followed under surveillance. Crystal and Arron were both suspects from the very beginning.

And Dumbest Criminals.... At least Arron used a fake first name..... The couple who Beverly had an appoint to meet... Steven and Crystal Adams.....

30 yrs for ea charge cant even file for parole hearing for 21 yrs... The Pros told me when I asked, what if she changes her mind on testifying against Arron... he said that's a contract she signed and everything is null and void and would have to stand trial.

Disclaimer.... Just my honest observation from sitting in the courtroom from 800am til after Crystal left the court back to Pulaski County Jail.... almost 10 am.

Am I correct in understanding that CL WAS charged with theft by receiving, but now we know it's not the phone? It may not matter what that item is to some of you but it does to me because it belonged to Beverly. I just can't think of anything other than jewelry. And according to an earlier post from mimi we know it's <$1,000.00. So if it's not jewelry, what other item do y'all think it could be?

Nehemiah, I also keep thinking about the pathology of a person that can kill someone and continue on with life, like nothing happened. Going to dinner with friends calling other people snakes! Going to haunted houses and taking a picture like someone is slashing her throat and thinking it is funny! Being upset that she was handcuffed with a child around--- but she never should have had a child around, knowing what she had just done!!!!! The more the reality settles in, the more disturbed I get. Pure evil. And for anyone who willingly helped her or helped her cover up, knowing that she was so evil is JUST as bad. I hope if that is the case that more charges are brought.

The difference between me and that person is my SOUL. I protect that baby
at all cost. I want to go to heaven.

lol. Wonder if his heart will pound? Will she be wearing prison clothes and jewelry as a witness since she is now a convicted murderer or street clothes?

lol dont know. Other cases seen on news reports they show them in prison clothing, not sure if they change for court or not, as no cameras in court room. But I dont think they change, again that just my opinion ;)

Well if he loved her he would have taken the fall and negotiated a deal for her, you know since she's so "innocent and was framed". I'm still steamed that all she got was 30 years with chance of parole in 21...that's just wrong. IMO

To be honest, I was shocked she got that! But the Pros said because it is a CLASS Y Felonly, she must serve 70% of sentence before even elig to send in the paperwork to apply for Parole Hearing. 12 or 13 cases were called prior to Crystal finely being called. I was so shocked /not shocked, disgusted really, all the Defendants (was plea and arraignment for everyone else or report hearing) But 90% were males who were there on charges due to probation revocation and many had drug chgs in addition... WHAT DID THEY GET FOR THOSE CONSEQUENCES.... OH ADDED 3 YRS PROBATION.. $1500 FINE or there was 1 that had 3 or 4 case #s that his probation was revoked so he had 5 yrs added to ea, to run concurrent and $1500 fine same thing..... So of all the cases prior to CL and Including CL... She and another person were going to prison...majority would be leaving jail when they returned, few had court dates intered!!! Guy that going to prison, had been on probation and something happen with him "disciplining his child" who was out of control, thru on bed but kid hit the wall and knocked out his teeth... yep... anywho, thankfully he going to prison.

Grrrrr

I can't believe anyone can still defend CL, she's ADMITTED the charges. Not even an Alford plea, but a guilty plea. She did it. She was responsible for the kidnapping and murder of Beverly. AL still has to come to trial, but CL is 100% guilty! End of story.

Secondly, there is no cause for celebration. I'll not celebrate CL being in prison. I'd rather she was home with her daughter right now if it meant that Beverly was with her husband, sons and family. But as Beverly has had her life taken it's only fair that CL has her liberty taken. So it's not a celebration. It's relief that justice has been served albeit partially for Beverly.
:goodpost:
To be clear, I am not Celebrating that Crystal is going to Prison. If she is Guilty or any person charged of a crime, especially on so horrible as they are, then yes it is a Victory in that Justice of some sort is found. Does NOT bring much comfort to those who can not visit their loved ones except at a cemetery or special quite place. It only means that the Guilty party must pay the consequences for their actions. Your comment says it ....

Exactly. Carters may get justice but they will never get to celebrate their beloved Beverly back. CL wont get to attend her childrens wedding or be there when her grandchildren are born or watch them graduate college. There is no celebration for all these families hurt by her bad choices. The most to hope for is justice. There are no winners here.jmo

Exactly!! Beverly Carter had a new Grandbaby on the way when her life was taken from her. So there is a new little life being loved that will never feel the loving touch or kisses or pictures to memorialize of how she glowed loving that little precious baby. Or any of the other milestones for the other Grands.... Or the Graduations, proms and all the ups and downs that Crystals 3 precious children will have. Needlessly. They are in my prayers... innocent souls. Sadly, only Crystal Lowery's family and children will have the option, if they choose to see their mother, to go to an take a picture or visit or call or write... The Real Victim, Beverly L Carter family does not get to choose that option. JMHO

Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea: 07-JUL-15 NEGOTIATED GUILTY
5-10-102 MURDER - 1ST DEGREE; FY Disp:07-JUL-15 GUILTY
Level: FY CLASS Y FELONY
Violation Date: 25-SEP-14
Violation Time:
LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 2 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea: 07-JUL-15 NEGOTIATED GUILTY
5-11-102 KIDNAPPING; FY Disp:07-JUL-15 GUILTY
Level: FY CLASS Y FELONY
Violation Date: 25-SEP-14
Violation Time:
crystal hope lowery judge note guilty plea.JPGhttps://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS/CK_Image.Present2?DMS_ID=MR9E0MJSLYKMWZDBG5T5Q2EEWOP0ZU

View attachment crystal hope lowery plea stmnt 1.JPGcrystal hope lowery plea stmnt 2.JPG https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

I (finally!) just caught up on this thread and I gotta say, I am a little ashamed to be here today. Some of the posts have been pretty disrespectful. Beverly is NOT the only victim here. Let's not forget, Crystal has minor children who now get to deal with the fact that their mother is a killer. They had nothing to do with this and heaven forbid they should EVER come across this site.

I refuse to celebrate today. I refuse to "bash" Crystal or Arron, guilty or not. WE can talk about facts and guilt without name-calling, sarcasm and acting like immature non-humans.

Yes, Crystal plead guilty. Yes, she obviously took part in Beverly's murder. But let's not forget, Crystal's family and friends are victims too! Some of them do read here and they are probably trying to wrap their heads around all this and determine the best way to help her children get through this. We can help provide respectful discussion or we can contribute to the endless stream of media that they will need to avoid. I, for one, would prefer to not go there.

Respectfully BBM, I haven't forgotten. And while I have great empathy for them, I also wonder why someone who evidently ... close enough to know about Crystals plans... seek out an have posted on a crime sleuthing forum that is read and has participants world wide, the night prior to Crystal Hearing... that agreements were reached and tomorrow was going to be a big news day.

What kind of friend does that? And yet don't care enough to be there for her in person for moral support on I would say one of the hardest days of her LIFE? Maybe the last time for a long time to really BE THERE for her? Makes me think back to Crystal's facebook comment "about snakes in the grass". http://heavy.com/news/2014/10/cryst...r-murder-suspect-arron-lewis-girlfriend-wife/ JMHO

Doubt it hindered it at all because they were already on to them right away it sounds like.They were just hoping they would lead them to BC body. When she was planning her timeline LE already had stuff on them. jmo

Pros said in his narrative that Crystal and Arron were both immediate suspects when they rec'd info from the phone reports.
JMHO, they had to get their facts together to build a solid case. Arron went on the run, while they were in the process of getting the warrant for Kidnapping http://archive.thv11.com/assetpool/documents/140928093308_warrant2.pdf

Reminder too, that in the press conference that was held the afternoon of day Beverly Carter remains found, they stated "no other suspects" (http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...nce-on-realtor-murder-investigation/16501525/ **side note the LEO that spoke with glasses, sat with Beverly Carters family and the lead Det J. Allison was also present) as we have said, there were no other, they already had the suspects under investigation. They built the case around Crystal from many interviews and hard investigative work. Oh and they had Crystals actual phone, if we are to believe VI information. No doubt she was under surveillance the whole month until she was arrested October 30th.

* this lady went to the courthouse for a live shot set up roflmbo. The video of Crystal is old that was NOT TODAY (of her walking in the hallway with Bailiff). The reporter that recorded the Pros speaking was a male. No one was in the hallway except couple people awaiting their family. CL was led out the same way that AL was and with a few male inmates.

Lewis attorney found out at 10 this morning about plea deal. (from video above post)

JMHO, but I am thinking that Crystal Lowery Pub Defender may not have known for sure until morning of hearing. (jmho because IF he had for certain, they would have had paperwork completed and not this happen) When Crystals Public Defender got there, he walked over to where she was sitting in the jury box seats, as in acknowledging her. Then he bent over as to listen. He got his phone to ear, unsure if call or he called someone, he left for a few, then when he returned he and Crystal left the courtroom. She did not return until much later when her case was called (CL was Not back in the courtroom when the Judge arrived. About 12 or so cases called prior to her) Pros must have got a text, he left courtroom, when he returned, he went over and bent down, spoke with Carl Carter Sr and sons were on the other side of their daddy. After the Pros spoke I could see Mr. Carter nod yes and so did his sons in acknowledgment of whatever they were talking about. The Pros then went over and sat in the Lawyer seating. Minutes later CL Public Def came in and got some papers from a drawer (the plea stmnt she signed) and left. Then after a while he returned gave to the court clerks and sat down. Few later Crystals case called and she was brought back in along with another Attorney who both stood with her at the podium. .... Disclaimer my personal opinion from being in the courtroom .. and my notes taken.

Lewis attorney found out at 10 this morning about plea deal. (from video above post)

:thinking: As I stated in my prev post to your same quote... JMHO the way it played out I don't believe that Crystal Public Def knew for certain that she was going to plea. Or I would think they would have had the paperwork already completed and not the way it played out. But, that just my opinion. I feel the Pros made the offer and she just decided to take it.

Which takes me back to Arron last hearing. The alleged 4 videos on his phone. He very much believed that they would make and bring a new light to his defense. Prev he has given the impression and in so many words said Crystal was innocent (iicr). First I was thinking maybe he knew she was going to take plea agreement. Now I am wondering if possibly there may be something to those videos that Crystal feels would not get her a not guilty verdict or at least the Plea was less than possibility of 40 to life.

My suspicions were always that NJ was attempting to sway a potential jury pool. She had a lot of facts that tried to be explained away. As I read more and more of what really happened, I am sickened by the spin that put CL in a victim role. Actually, it repulses me. Go back and read some of her posts and it's obvious the motive.

Respectfully BBM :yeahthat: ... and the whole Beverly Carter phone was on Crystal Lowery dirty underwear, on her dresser because their pit bull bad about chewing dirty underwear.... transfer DNA... :laughcry: ... Now to find out that Beverly Carters phone was in Arron possession when he wrecked his vehicle.... First thing that entered my mind when the Pros said that.... :noooo:

Is there any likelihood of AL being offered a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member