GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has already been judged and guilt has been admitted. That's that. If there was anything but an outright murder, I firmly believe it would have been fought and tried by jury. It could have been negotiated down to something else- second degree or negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter- I dont know all the differences. But, I do know that if she was part of the kidnapping and then never saw them again, she would not have said she was guilty or first degree murder. Its so weird how we are actually trying to make what someone admitted to sound better than it is!!! AT MINIMUM- first degree murder! That was the, "Sure, I will take a ticket for 60 in a 50 instead of the 75 in a 50 that I was really doing". First degree murder is better than what happened or there would be no reason to accept that bargain!

BBM

I was not trying to minimize anything about Crystal's actions. I was speaking strictly from a legal standpoint when another poster said the COD had to have had evidence of both Crystal and Arron because Crystal pled guilty to first degree murder. I was merely pointing out, since we don't know what happened yet, that that is not necessarily true when you read the law:

Arkansas Code 5-10-102. Murder in the first degree
(a) A person commits murder in the first degree if:
(1) Acting alone or with one (1) or more other persons:
(A) The person commits or attempts to commit a felony; and
(B) In the course of and in the furtherance of the felony or in immediate flight from the felony, the person or an accomplice causes the death of any person under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life;

So yes, if she was in on the kidnapping plan and was miles away when Beverly was killed, she would still be guilty of first degree murder. It's also very possible she was the one that killed Beverly herself. We just don't know yet at this point.

I understand it's easy to get emotional about these things and I respect your passion for justice for Beverly, but when it comes to discussing the law sometimes you have to put the emotions aside. We only know what she pled to at this point, and I'm definitely not saying one scenario is more likely than another. I was just correcting a statement another poster made regarding the law.

Laws aside, both of those scumbags deserve life in prison, if not worse, IMO.

At very bottom of last page,https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=OIIHXV6XRDMSJGPVKG42O6DKMWVZH6 it checked that the Pros short report is attached (yes) It is also logged on the docket. I wonder if any of the media will FOIA it? The other forms they have released were not scanned but gotten thru FOIA. Maybe they will. I am sure the very minimum is on it, but could provide some new bits of info...

At very bottom of last page,https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=OIIHXV6XRDMSJGPVKG42O6DKMWVZH6 it checked that the Pros short report is attached (yes) It is also logged on the docket. I wonder if any of the media will FOIA it? The other forms they have released were not scanned but gotten thru FOIA. Maybe they will. I am sure the very minimum is on it, but could provide some new bits of info...

Thanks!
Does it have to be media? Can't anyone FOIA it?

BBM

I was not trying to minimize anything about Crystal's actions. I was speaking strictly from a legal standpoint when another poster said the COD had to have had evidence of both Crystal and Arron because Crystal pled guilty to first degree murder. I was merely pointing out, since we don't know what happened yet, that that is not necessarily true when you read the law:

Arkansas Code 5-10-102. Murder in the first degree
(a) A person commits murder in the first degree if:
(1) Acting alone or with one (1) or more other persons:
(A) The person commits or attempts to commit a felony; and
(B) In the course of and in the furtherance of the felony or in immediate flight from the felony, the person or an accomplice causes the death of any person under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life;

So yes, if she was in on the kidnapping plan and was miles away when Beverly was killed, she would still be guilty of first degree murder. It's also very possible she was the one that killed Beverly herself. We just don't know yet at this point.

I understand it's easy to get emotional about these things and I respect your passion for justice for Beverly, but when it comes to discussing the law sometimes you have to put the emotions aside. We only know what she pled to at this point, and I'm definitely not saying one scenario is more likely than another. I was just correcting a statement another poster made regarding the law.

Laws aside, both of those scumbags deserve life in prison, if not worse, IMO.
Respectfully, BBM... My original comment, I stated, whether I am correct or not, my comment is this, not what you stated I said " I was speaking strictly from a legal standpoint when another poster said the COD had to have had evidence of both Crystal and Arron because Crystal pled guilty to first degree murder"
07-10-2015, 01:31 AM arkansasmimi #467
Whatever the COD, it had to some how have evidence of both Crystal AND Arron. Both were charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping. The LEO Minden said that both were equal in the charges. Crystal plead down to First Degree Murder and Kidnapping. I cant see them charging her with Capital Murder without having strong physical evidence ... maybe one tore the tape and other applied it. From the docs attached to the charging affidavits it stated Beverly was bound by duct tape. http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/katv...slowerydoc.pdf

I have read many different things posted on SM stating COD but nothing ever from LEO or Family. Records are sealed, as to protect the integrity of the case. We do know that Beverly Carter family knows her COD and much of what LEO case files have. I may be very wrong in my opinion, but I cant see the family and friends I saw, spreading around that kind of important information, prior to a trial. Human's will talk. And words spread fast. Very possible I am wrong. Have been before and will many more times in my lifetime. JMHO.

We know someone close to Crystal shared that she was going to plead guilty and it was shared with a purpose the night before her hearing. Since she admitted she was Guilty of Kidnapping and Murdering Beverly Carter, possible she told her friend and it got around. Its a very small area and then there is the ole www.. JMHO http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...RESTS-C-Lowery-guilty&p=11914675#post11914675

While I have stated multiple times, that I do not have education in the Legal field, I can read and I do agree with what you posted on First Degree Murder (she plead down from Capital Murder). If they did not have physical evidence of Crystal Lowery linking her to the Murder and Kidnapping of Beverly Carter, do you think she would still have plead to First Degree Murder? I don't, but that is just my personal opinion. LEO said they were charged as equals.

I can only speak for myself, while I have great empathy for the Victim in any case I follow, I don't get into the emotional side of it. It clouds my view on research and looking at facts. JMHO.

Thanks!
Does it have to be media? Can't anyone FOIA it?

Any person can file a FOIA request, including U.S. citizens, foreign nationals, organizations, universities, businesses, and state and local governments.

I guess I agree with you, sort of. But for me the problem is this: After all of the speculation, following this thing from the beginning, seeing that Arron was clearly the perpetrator from the start, knowing his criminal record, knowing that Crystal had none, having friends and family defending her, Crystal seeming like a mostly loving and responsible parent (except for a few things, like her decision to be with Arron), etc. etc., it seemed that no one who knew her saw this coming. And if that is true, then that means that killers walk among us all the time undetected. In my mind that also leads to dark thoughts that any of us could be capable of the same thing given the right (wrong?) circumstances and that is just too much for me to fathom. So again, NOT defending Crystal but I really want to believe that there is SOMETHING else besides what actually appears to have occurred.

Respectfully BBM, JMHO, but I haven't seen any evidence as to who the perpetrator is in this crime. As it appears, many were shocked that Crystal Lowery admitted to participating in the Murder and Kidnapping of Beverly Carter. I still go back to LEO saying "charged as equal"... a month after Arron Lewis was charged.

SBM, BBM.

This is not true. If the plan was just to kidnap Beverly and Arron killed her with no help from Crystal, she is still guilty of murder because she was in on the kidnapping. I believe the law is that if somebody dies in the commission of a felony crime, all involved can be charged with murder regardless of the original intent, who pulled the trigger, etc.

But all we know as of July 7, 2015 is Crystal Lowery plead Guilty of First Degree Murder AND Kidnapping. So so far, Arron Lewis is still charged (accused) under the law. Arron Lewis is still innocent until proven guilty in our Justice system, she is not...(jmho, my opinion is he is guilty also but that my opinion).

Respectfully BBM, JMHO, but I haven't seen any evidence as to who the perpetrator is in this crime. As it appears, many were shocked that Crystal Lowery admitted to participating in the Murder and Kidnapping of Beverly Carter. I still go back to LEO saying "charged as equal"... a month after Arron Lewis was charged.

You state you have seen no evidence as to who the perpetrator is. However CL has admitted her guilt. Whether she was the person who inflicted whatever injuries/force needed to stop Beverly breathing or her heart to stop beating, or whether she was part of the planning, her admitting her guilt is all the evidence we need that she participated in Beverly's death. While we might not have the story of what happened to being around Beverly's death, we do have evidence of who killed her. CL has confessed and that is evidence enough. AL is still to be tried but CL could have offered an Alford plea if she thought the evidence would show she was responsible but wanted to maintain her innocence. She didn't do that. Her confession is all the evidence we ever need to see. She's admitted to being part of the killing of Beverly.

You state you have seen no evidence as to who the perpetrator is. However CL has admitted her guilt. Whether she was the person who inflicted whatever injuries/force needed to stop Beverly breathing or her heart to stop beating, or whether she was part of the planning, her admitting her guilt is all the evidence we need that she participated in Beverly's death. While we might not have the story of what happened to being around Beverly's death, we do have evidence of who killed her. CL has confessed and that is evidence enough. AL is still to be tried but CL could have offered an Alford plea if she thought the evidence would show she was responsible but wanted to maintain her innocence. She didn't do that. Her confession is all the evidence we ever need to see. She's admitted to being part of the killing of Beverly.

:yeahthat: You are so CORRECT! I need to make clear my orig comment.

And she knew they have enough evidence to charge her as an equal to the crime or she never would have pled guilty to murder and kidnapping. jmo

Respectfully BBM, JMHO, As it appears, many were shocked that Crystal Lowery admitted to participating in the Murder and Kidnapping of Beverly Carter. I still go back to LEO saying "charged as equal"... when Crystal was arrested and charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping, a month after Arron Lewis was charged. We know now that just because Arron was only one with a past criminal record at time of her arrest, that just because Crystal didn't, she was very much a part and and had the ability to do worse that crimes Arron had in his past.

Edit my orig comment...

A perpetrator is often a suspect until it has been proven that he or she carried out the offense. The word usually describes someone who's committed a crime, but any wrongdoing will do.

What I meant was that after the car accident and looking at Arron's record, no one had a difficult time thinking he might have committed the crime. I wasn't talking about evidence because we haven't seen any. I also don't care what LEO stated with regard to "charged as equal". I was giving my personal perspective that it was difficult for me (and many others) to initially view Crystal as someone who was capable of murder.

That doesn't mean my view of Crystal hasn't changed. It is just a reflection of my view in the beginning. And when everyone is attacking those who defended her, I wanted to explain a possibility as to why that occurred.

Crystal Hope Lowery was transferred from PCSO to McPherson Unit (women prison Ark Dept of Corrections) July 15, 2015

Name Date of Birth Age Custody Status Agency/Reason Reporting Agency
LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE 02/03/1973 42 In Custody MCPHERSON UNIT Arkansas Department of Correction
LOWERY, CRYSTAL 02/03/1973 42 Transferred Arkansas Department of Correction Pulaski County Jail

Offender Name: CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY
Offender ID:713310
Date of Birth:02/03/1973
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:MCPHERSON UNITcrystal lowery mcpherson unit mugshot.JPG
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/s...e=Crystal&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search

Crystal Hope Lowery was transferred from PCSO to McPherson Unit (women prison Ark Dept of Corrections) July 15, 2015

Name Date of Birth Age Custody Status Agency/Reason Reporting Agency
LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE 02/03/1973 42 In Custody MCPHERSON UNIT Arkansas Department of Correction
LOWERY, CRYSTAL 02/03/1973 42 Transferred Arkansas Department of Correction Pulaski County Jail

Offender Name: CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY
Offender ID:713310
Date of Birth:02/03/1973
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:MCPHERSON UNITView attachment 78193
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/s...e=Crystal&dob=&ageRange=0&methodToCall=search

She looks rough.

She looks rough.

I never noticed that she appears to have a lazy eye. Honestly, if I were were she is I would look rough too. From what some have seem she shouldn't have the modesty problems some of us would....

According to the handbook, she will have her hair cut to shoulder length. She isn't showing up on the ADOC inmate search yet, probably because of processing in.

New Inmates
New inmates go through a diagnostic process called
intake. Male inmates are received at the Diagnostic Unit
in Pine Bluff for intake. Female inmates go to the
McPherson Unit in Newport for intake. During intake,
inmates are given medical, mental health and academic
examinations, court papers are reviewed, counselors
gather information through interviews and a general orientation
takes place.
Male inmates under sentence of death are received at
a designated maximum security facility. Females with a
death sentence are received at McPherson.
Inmates cannot have visitors during intake, but telephone
calls are allowed. Intake generally takes about five
days, but can last longer. It is during intake that inmates
can set up an account to purchase items from the commissary.

Grooming
Male inmates are required to have their hair cut about
the ears and collar. Faces must be clean-shaven, except
for a small mustache. Female inmates must wear their
hair above the shoulders
. Exceptions can be made for
medical reasons. Failure to comply with the department’s
grooming policy will result in disciplinary actions.
http://adc.arkansas.gov/resources/Documents/Friends_and_Family_Guide.pdf

Exactly.

There is a picture of Crystal, after her arrest, in which her eyes give me nightmares still. They are evil looking, and not the last eyes I would want to look into. I would imagine sweet Beverly prayed for these two animals. They are so evil that it wouldn't have phased them enough to stop what they were doing. They wanted what she had, but they wanted it all the easy way. What Beverly had was a beautiful smile, a kind heart, and a desire to succeed in order to provide a better life for her family. She was surrounded by family and friends that respected and loved her (notice neither of the murderers had one person that thought enough of them to be there for any of their court appearances). Beverly Carter earned everything she had, and that includes the legacy she created.

I will NOT refrain from calling Arron Lewis and Crystal Lowery exactly what they are. They are monsters. They are losers. They are evil. "They" are murderers. They coveted what they would never have. Why wouldn't they ever have it? They didn't deserve it! But they wanted it. Being the narcissists they are, they thought they were smart enough to take it from her, and get sway with it. I think Crystal saw Beverly at cheer with her beautiful Granddaughter. She saw the admiration and respect other parents had for Beverly. She saw things that signified wealth. Arron had already spent the only $ he would ever have to blow on her, and she realized she had been fooled. She didn't feel like a princess anymore. She was back to being the trashy, broke girl she had always been. Arron had a little taste of what he considered the good life, while blowing the $60,000 he conned from the state. He knew it was the reason Crystal was with him. It hurt his ego that she wanted things he could no longer give her. Not that she was a prize. He just couldn't stand her knowing the reality that he was a low life nobody. She knew he was a felon, despite what she stated in her divorce petition. Now he was a broke felon, though....

I have had so many scenarios play through my mind about what the morons were trying to gain from kidnapping Beverly. Did they think they could make Beverly sign that house over to them, like Arron did with the trailer for which he paid cash? Did they think they could request ransom, for her safe return? Who is stupid enough to think they could get away with any of that, with the technology available today? I then wonder if she was targeted. If so, they would have had to have planned to murder her. She would have recognized Crystal.

Regarding the truck. Do I remember correctly, that the first night Beverly was missing the neighbor said he saw a tall, skinny male, with a pointy beard, that drove a slate colored, Tacoma type, beat up truck?

I know this is lengthy, but I am hoping while I express my views, others can post their thoughts about a few issues.....

Do any other sleuthers (hopefully Platespinner has an opinion on this) feel that Beverly passed away immediately upon leaving the house (by suffocation from duct tape, or fumes in a trunk)? I initially thought so, but am not so sure now. I have hoped so, as I hate the thought of every second she had to spend in fear, and in their presence.

i honestly don't know when she passed away. On one hand I think AL had found
her dead shortly before the his wreck. I think it freaked him out and that's why he
was driving so crazy. But on the other hand if LE was watching him, they would
have followed him to her. That makes me believe that he went back to her after
he escaped from the hospital and found her dead. And then the dump truck fits
in the timeline somewhere. Why do y'all think her choose the concrete yard
to bury her? Do you think a shallow grave mean he dug up some dirt and
put it over her? or do you think he dumped gravel on her? And I really don't think he went to the concrete yard twice.
I think he buried her and stole the truck at the same time.

And furthermore, if you back up to me first scenario about his
crazy driving right before he wrecked. Wasn't he close to his
house? and was the place he got stuck in the mud also close
to his house? So maybe he noticed LE behind him and aborted
his plan to go back into the woods if in fact he was preparing
a place to tie her up when he got stuck.

Thank you for responding to my question.

Hope she didn't have to hang on that long. I go back and forth also, though.

If you Google concrete washout (I just did), and look at images, it shows what a concrete washout areas look like. None of them in those images look very deep.

Maybe he chose the concrete yard because he recently worked there, and it was an area he was familiar with. He probably also knew it was deserted there at night, or on weekends.

You are right, though. If he had buried her there previously, he probably wouldn't go back to steal the truck. Unless, he knew they left keys in the truck, or in the office, and needed transportation. Maybe burying her there was an afterthought, when seeing the washout area, while stealing the truck.

Thank you for responding to my question.

Hope she didn't have to hang on that long. I go back and forth also, though.

If you Google concrete washout (I just did), and look at images, it shows what a concrete washout areas look like. None of them in those images look very deep.

Maybe he chose the concrete yard because he recently worked there, and it was an area he was familiar with. He probably also knew it was deserted there at night, or on weekends.

You are right, though. If he had buried her there previously, he probably wouldn't go back to steal the truck. Unless, he knew they left keys in the truck, or in the office, and needed transportation. Maybe burying her there was an afterthought, when seeing the washout area, while stealing the truck.

I'm not following your point about the concrete washout area not looking very
deep. I agree that they are shallow. But are you thinking he buried her in
a washout area? Or what are you saying?

I think I recall reading he was close to his house when he got stuck.

I always go back to my initial thought that she passed away the first day. The thought crossed my mind that he knew he was under surveillance, and was scared to go back to wherever she was. Maybe he was trying to lose them, so he could get back to her. If she were still alive, I don't understand why Crystal left to stay with her ex-boyfriend prior to that, though. She and Arron had to have had a big fight. If she were just trying to have an alibi, Arron doesn't seem like the type to be ok with her spending the weekend with an ex.

I thought I read something about her being buried in a washout area, behind the concrete facility. I could be remembering incorrectly. Will try to find a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB