GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologize! Its hard to express sometimes. I have that problem a lot ;)
So if truck was that close then maybe he drove straight out, but being that close its wonder he didn't scratch Beverly's car backing out.
Keep in mind that he drove a dump truck for his job. For over 10 years I drove a crew cab dually as my daily driver and to this day I good naturedly make fun of people that cant sqeeze through tight places in a smaller vehicle. I can sort of see what is being described.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/first-degree-murder-overview.html

In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

Premeditation can also happen just seconds before a murder takes place. Doesn't have to be planned or "lying-in-wait" in the sense that it's thought through. There just has to be intent to kill at some point before it happened.

Keep in mind that he drove a dump truck for his job. For over 10 years I drove a crew cab dually as my daily driver and to this day I good naturedly make fun of people that cant sqeeze through tight places in a smaller vehicle. I can sort of see what is being described.

They had probably already scoped the place out and she almost messed up his planned parking spot, if I had to guess! Which gives me a new thought---- how much you want to bet that both Crystal and arron's phones had passed that area/ spot/ house in the weeks prior! hhhhhmmm!

They had probably already scoped the place out and she almost messed up his planned parking spot, if I had to guess! Which gives me a new thought---- how much you want to bet that both Crystal and arron's phones had passed that area/ spot/ house in the weeks prior! hhhhhmmm!
Oh! Good thought! And LE would have a record of that!

I don't have a link. But I have been told by a number of
credible sources. And it was a dumb mistake on his part.
In addition to being dumb enough to kidnap her in the first
place.

Maybe my choice of wording (public knowledge) was incorrect if it
hasn't been released by LE. I have been following this
case for so long that I can't remember what is printed
and I what I have been told by others.

I can only speculate but it seems to me that the cause of death would be asphyxiation. I can't think of many other dumb mistakes that would kill someone; at least not reasonable dumb mistakes. You can correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Whatever the COD, it had to some how have evidence of both Crystal AND Arron. Both were charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping. The LEO Minden said that both were equal in the charges. Crystal plead down to First Degree Murder and Kidnapping. I cant see them charging her with Capital Murder without having strong physical evidence ... maybe one tore the tape and other applied it. From the docs attached to the charging affidavits it stated Beverly was bound by duct tape. http://ftpcontent2.worldnow.com/katv/documents/lewislowerydoc.pdf

I have read many different things posted on SM stating COD but nothing ever from LEO or Family. Records are sealed, as to protect the integrity of the case. We do know that Beverly Carter family knows her COD and much of what LEO case files have. I may be very wrong in my opinion, but I cant see the family and friends I saw, spreading around that kind of important information, prior to a trial. Human's will talk. And words spread fast. Very possible I am wrong. Have been before and will many more times in my lifetime. JMHO.

We know someone close to Crystal shared that she was going to plead guilty and it was shared with a purpose the night before her hearing. Since she admitted she was Guilty of Kidnapping and Murdering Beverly Carter, possible she told her friend and it got around. Its a very small area and then there is the ole www.. JMHO

Thankful that Crystal did the right thing at least this time. Remembering those that said, "I will admit that I am wrong if it turns out she is guilty." (paraphrasing)
Sending out tons of prayers to the Carter family, I know this is a bittersweet 'victory' for them, but I cannot imagine it lessens their pain one iota.

A few things that I want to clear up. NJ WAS NOT the person that ask me to post here, about there being big news on Tuesday. The person who did ask me, ask that I post anonymously. Had I not been ask, I wouldn't have posted at all, as I knew about this the week prior. As a matter of fact, NJ didn't even know I had posted about it, until after the fact.

For those of you that think NJ came here to taint a jury, you must not know much about how paneling a jury works. As far as I can see there have only been one or two people here that would live in the area to even be on the jury. And I would hope they would have the integrity to not be on a jury after participating on this forum.

All three VI's obtained their info from CL or from LE, and most all of their questions ask, they gave the same answer. It is a fact that they all three felt attacked on this forum, and stopped posting. TKL left because someone (we all know who) was posting personal information about his children. You can go back and look at his last post which said

"Posting the results from a cheer try out (and it's on Facebook) is a far cry from posting personal information in the wake of a tragic murder. There is also the fact that I am the parent. I decide what details about my family is public and private not the self appointed sluthers community. If that is not acceptable then I guess y'all can take me off the list. I'm out...now you buzy bodies can discuss what ever you like."

As to my thoughts, not that y'all care but...I gave CL the benefit of the doubt. My gut instinct never told me she was involved. The people closest to her that I have corresponded with, never dreamed she could be involved. I still am not clear on what role she played. From all I have seen/heard, she was at her clinical studies the night BC was kidnapped. Were this not true, I honestly feel someone from her class would have come forward before now. If she is guilty, she needs to take responsibility and it appears she has. I don't really understand why she took a plea like this, because it really isn't a deal. She can apply for parole in 21 years, but that doesn't mean she gets it. She very well could be in her seventies before she gets out. That is basically life in prison. The death penalty was already off the table. I am thankful that it made things a bit easier on the Carters than having to go through two trials.

There are many things that don't make sense to me, like the discussion of the truck again. And some reports saying there was both a car and truck there. That is puzzling. I also don't understand if LE found BC phone in his possession why they had to wait for a warrant to hold him, when he slipped away. He was on parole, they could have held him for questioning without a warrant.

This will never make sense to me. The whole "rich broker" comment. Why he picked her? Why she was killed? Was she killed intentionally? Though I guess most murders don't make sense.

My point is, if they found the phone on him, they didn't have to wait for an arrest warrant, because he was on parole. BC could have still be alive at that time and they lost 24 hours, by letting him give them the slip. In my opinion that was very sloppy police work. I understand because of HIPPA that they could not be in the room with him, but an officer should have been outside the door. It is just a good thing that dump truck ran out of gas.

This I know for fact, regardless of what any of you believe NJ didn't ask me to post anything. CL is her friend, so she certainly would not do anything self-serving as you say.

I have the feeling some were more prepared than others that a plea deal was going to take place. I do not remember reading prior the first quote, Crystal admitted to family that she knew Beverly was dead by Sunday. We know now that she was part of the actual murder and kidnapping because she admitted to Judge Herbert Wright of it. July 7. 2015. :discuss:

Butler 11/23/2014 9:19pm #1051 I think he got the money from where he has always gotten money from....from lying, robbing, and scamming. I think she didn't care where the money came from as long as it kept coming in. I have no idea when she started nursing school, but she got the *advertiser censored* in late spring/early summer of this year. I don't know where she was on the night of the kidnapping...but I know she sent her daughter to spend the night at a friends house (which was unusual because it was a school night) the daughter was "sent away" by mom between 3-4pm before she "went to school" that night. Typically the daughter stayed at home when mom was in class. The daughter stayed with that friend throughout the entire weekend. I am not friends with her....but I know that both she and Arron were at home together Friday night when the house was toilet papered by the daughters friends. I don't know if she was present for the actual kidnapping/killing or not, but she has already admitted to family members that she knew Beverly was dead by Sunday. (she probably knew way before that) It is my OPINION that she will at least be charged with accessory after the fact. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...25-Sep-2014-5-ARRESTS&p=11233559#post11233559

11-23-2014, 10:13 PM #1057 nojusticenusa
Former Member
So are you saying her ex husband told you she said that she knew BC was dead by Sunday? Where are you getting this information? Please do tell us more.

I have to continue to respectfully disagree with you on the *advertiser censored*. I remember when she got them. AL was not in the picture but I do know who purchased them for her. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...25-Sep-2014-5-ARRESTS&p=11233692#post11233692

11-24-2014, 12:03 AM #1075 Butler321 Verified insider - Beverly Carter case The first time anyone from this side of the family heard about any of this was Sunday night. Crystal and her ex spoke on the phone and she told him "she didn't know anything about what was going on"

Earlier this week when speaking to her ex he flat out asked her "what evidence they have against her" and she replied that "she didn't know anything about it until it was over" implying that she wasn't directly involved. Then he asked her "so when we spoke that Sunday night and you said you didn't know anything you were lying?" and she replied "yes" http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...25-Sep-2014-5-ARRESTS&p=11233924#post11233924

I have the feeling some were more prepared than others that a plea deal was going to take place. I do not remember reading prior the first quote, Crystal admitted to family that she knew Beverly was dead by Sunday. We know now that she was part of the actual murder and kidnapping because she admitted to Judge Herbert Wright of it. July 7. 2015. :discuss:

When TLK was ask about this later, he denied what his sister said. Unless you think he was lying. He consistently said, he didn't know anything more than we did.

01-06-2015, 04:31 PM#273TKL123
Verified insider Beverly Carter
Originally Posted by arkansas girl
Verified poster TKL123 can you tell me if you knew Beverly? What is your opinion of Crystal Lowerly's guilt?
The first time I had ever heard of Beverly Carter was the Sunday after she went missing. Before that I had no knowledge of her. And just like everyone else I am waiting on the evidence before I comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAlice View Post
Just out of curiosity, did she ever express an opinion to your family whether she believed he was capable of the crimes he was accused of?

Oops, sorry. I thought you were Butler.
When I asked she stated she knew as much as I did. This was Sunday after the crime was committed.

01-06-2015, 04:31 PM#273TKL123
Originally Posted by arkansas girl
Verified poster TKL123 can you tell me if you knew Beverly? What is your opinion of Crystal Lowerly's guilt?
The first time I had ever heard of Beverly Carter was the Sunday after she went missing. Before that I had no knowledge of her. And just like everyone else I am waiting on the evidence before I comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAlice View Post
Just out of curiosity, did she ever express an opinion to your family whether she believed he was capable of the crimes he was accused of?

Oops, sorry. I thought you were Butler.
When I asked she stated she knew as much as I did. This was Sunday after the crime was committed.

If you notice in the comment you chose to use, this states the Sunday after the crime was committed. .... Butler321 comment as i posted up thread but will bring here so you can see at same time, to my knowledge, and I could be wrong but I don't remember TKL123 ever acknowledging that post by Butler321. Also if you will notice, Butler321 comment was after Crystal was arrested on Capital Murder and Kidnapping. The Sunday after the crime committed would have been... October the 5th or that is what showing on my calendar. JMHO
11-24-2014, 12:03 AM #1075 Butler321 Verified insider - Beverly Carter case The first time anyone from this side of the family heard about any of this was Sunday night. Crystal and her ex spoke on the phone and she told him "she didn't know anything about what was going on"

Earlier this week when speaking to her ex he flat out asked her "what evidence they have against her" and she replied that "she didn't know anything about it until it was over" implying that she wasn't directly involved. Then he asked her "so when we spoke that Sunday night and you said you didn't know anything you were lying?" and she replied "yes"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...4#post11233924

If you notice in the comment you chose to use, this states the Sunday after the crime was committed. .... Butler321 comment as i posted up thread but will bring here so you can see at same time, to my knowledge, and I could be wrong but I don't remember TKL123 ever acknowledging that post by Butler321. Also if you will notice, Butler321 comment was after Crystal was arrested on Capital Murder and Kidnapping. The Sunday after the crime committed would have been... October the 5th or that is what showing on my calendar. JMHO

You very well maybe correct. It looks that way. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Hopefully, he will join us and share his thoughts.

A few things that I want to clear up. NJ WAS NOT the person that ask me to post here, about there being big news on Tuesday. The person who did ask me, ask that I post anonymously. Had I not been ask, I wouldn't have posted at all, as I knew about this the week prior. As a matter of fact, NJ didn't even know I had posted about it, until after the fact.

For those of you that think NJ came here to taint a jury, you must not know much about how paneling a jury works. As far as I can see there have only been one or two people here that would live in the area to even be on the jury. And I would hope they would have the integrity to not be on a jury after participating on this forum.

All three VI's obtained their info from CL or from LE, and most all of their questions ask, they gave the same answer. It is a fact that they all three felt attacked on this forum, and stopped posting. TKL left because someone (we all know who) was posting personal information about his children. You can go back and look at his last post which said

"Posting the results from a cheer try out (and it's on Facebook) is a far cry from posting personal information in the wake of a tragic murder. There is also the fact that I am the parent. I decide what details about my family is public and private not the self appointed sluthers community. If that is not acceptable then I guess y'all can take me off the list. I'm out...now you buzy bodies can discuss what ever you like."

As to my thoughts, not that y'all care but...I gave CL the benefit of the doubt. My gut instinct never told me she was involved. The people closest to her that I have corresponded with, never dreamed she could be involved. I still am not clear on what role she played. From all I have seen/heard, she was at her clinical studies the night BC was kidnapped. Were this not true, I honestly feel someone from her class would have come forward before now. If she is guilty, she needs to take responsibility and it appears she has. I don't really understand why she took a plea like this, because it really isn't a deal. She can apply for parole in 21 years, but that doesn't mean she gets it. She very well could be in her seventies before she gets out. That is basically life in prison. The death penalty was already off the table. I am thankful that it made things a bit easier on the Carters than having to go through two trials.

There are many things that don't make sense to me, like the discussion of the truck again. And some reports saying there was both a car and truck there. That is puzzling. I also don't understand if LE found BC phone in his possession why they had to wait for a warrant to hold him, when he slipped away. He was on parole, they could have held him for questioning without a warrant.

This will never make sense to me. The whole "rich broker" comment. Why he picked her? Why she was killed? Was she killed intentionally? Though I guess most murders don't make sense.

I didn't assume you would be on the jury either. Please stop putting words in my mouth. I DID NOT say "if she is guilty."

BBM - It appears to me that you did indeed say "if she is guilty"

I do not understand what is so difficult for some people to figure out....Crystal DID plead guilty. So that IMO does not mean IF Crystal is guilty. IF Crystal was not guilty then why did she plead guilty? SMH
I realize it's difficult for people who know her (or claim to know her anyways) find it hard to believe that Crystal was indeed involved in the murder and kidnapping of Beverly Carter, however, what part is so difficult to understand NOW that she is indeed guilty, she said so herself by PLEADING GUILTY! So, now why is it so difficult to accept?!?! It is what it is. Life goes on for all the others who claim to be "victims". However, there is ONE person life does not go on for, and that is Beverly Carter because her life was taken.

My point is, if they found the phone on him, they didn't have to wait for an arrest warrant, because he was on parole. BC could have still be alive at that time and they lost 24 hours, by letting him give them the slip. In my opinion that was very sloppy police work. I understand because of HIPPA that they could not be in the room with him, but an officer should have been outside the door. It is just a good thing that dump truck ran out of gas.

This I know for fact, regardless of what any of you believe NJ didn't ask me to post anything. CL is her friend, so she certainly would not do anything self-serving as you say.

I guess I should point out that the officers working the wreck may not have known at first or had confirmation that it was in fact BC's phone...until he had already slipped away? I'm sure it wasn't just sitting there with a big tag attached to it stating "Property of Beverly Carter".

Also, it's very possible they didn't even locate it in the car until after AL was gone from the hospital.

Whatever the COD, it had to some how have evidence of both Crystal AND Arron. Both were charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping.

SBM, BBM.

This is not true. If the plan was just to kidnap Beverly and Arron killed her with no help from Crystal, she is still guilty of murder because she was in on the kidnapping. I believe the law is that if somebody dies in the commission of a felony crime, all involved can be charged with murder regardless of the original intent, who pulled the trigger, etc.

SBM, BBM.

This is not true. If the plan was just to kidnap Beverly and Arron killed her with no help from Crystal, she is still guilty of murder because she was in on the kidnapping. I believe the law is that if somebody dies in the commission of a felony crime, all involved can be charged with murder regardless of the original intent, who pulled the trigger, etc.

Oh, I don't think either one of them intended for her to die. But there's not a lot of brain power going on between those two, so they accidentally killed her. I've thought that all along. Note: I am in NO way defending the slimeball and he is as guilty as they come....her, too. That said, AL never struck me as a cold blooded killer just out to kill. He strikes me as nothing more than a two bit thief and a con artist who thinks he is much smarter than he actually is. I think he tried something out of his league (kidnapping for ransom) and poor Beverly paid the price. He somehow talked his less than stellar brain powered wife to go along with it...and here we are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper