GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This guy, for lack of a better word, a clown," James says referring to #ArronLewis' penchant for talking to the media.

[emoji15]

Sadly I foresee random rambling handwritten appeals for many years to come. Wish this would be over for good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, these types never, ever go quietly.

I certainly cannot know why the family chose to take the DP off the table but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they feared AL would REALLY never go away and always have a stage act out his disgusting fantasies if he got the DP -- given the many appeals and anti-DP projects/advocates.

Janelle Lilley ‏@JanelleLilley 3m3 minutes ago
James recalls Crystal said Lewis choked Carter, but Med. Examiner says not true. Casting more doubt for jurors

"This guy, for lack of a better word, a clown," James says referring to #ArronLewis' penchant for talking to the media.

[emoji15]
I literally almost laughed out loud! Apt description for AL! I've used it often! Haha

Chanley Shá Painter
@chanleysha

Now defense is criticizing the jury instructions and prosecution objects again #ArronLewis #ARnews
12:23 PM - 15 Jan 2016

Defense knows AL's goose is cooked. They're throwing CL under the bus to possibly get the "lesser" charge for AL...? Not smart on Defense's part to go after ME, IMO. Don't they have the opportunity to get independent/their own separate ME during the course of investigation? I agree with CCJ - spaghetti meet wall!

James recalls Crystal said Lewis choked Carter, but Med. Examiner says not true. Casting more doubt for jurors
That one troubled me too. But AL must've lied, I think to keep CL terrified of what he might do (to her) if backed against the wall

Prosecution objects for the 3rd time during the defense close statement. #ArronLewisTrial

Now defense is criticizing the jury instructions and prosecution objects again #ArronLewis #ARnews

Prosecution again objects to defense's use of term "torturing." James corrected his wording to "terrorizing." #ArronLewisTrial

Atta boy! Get him!!!

Defense says State didn't prove "intent" to kidnap or murder #ArronLewis #ARnews

#ArronLewisTrial defense harping on 1) police work 2) Lowery's testimony 3) Beverly's character

James recalls Crystal said Lewis told her he choked Carter....

There, fixed that for you, Mr. James. More accurate and totally different implication so probably not to your liking.

Janelle Lilley ‏@JanelleLilley 2m2 minutes ago
Lots of talk about "preponderance of the evidence." Which means it is more likely than not. This is the standard for Affirmative Defense.

Defense says State didn't prove "intent" to kidnap or murder #ArronLewis #ARnews

James to jury: "There's reasonable doubt here ladies and gentleman." #ArronLewis

"There's nothing about this case allows you to home and be sure about what really happened. There is reasonable doubt." #ArronLewisTrial

To convict you have to have more than "preponderance of evidence" you must meet standard of "beyond reasonable doubt" #ArronLewisTrial

KATV's Elicia Dover ‏@KATVElicia 36s36 seconds ago
Defense: verdicts send a message to our society. Can I trust our system or do I have to go to jail for 30 years for something I didn't do?

I say let the defense continue rambling. Give Em the rope they are hanging themselves with. In defense of the defense, ;) you have to admit it is a near impossible case to...defend! Lol

I totally agree--death by vaginal smothering was the stupidest, most idiotic defense ever, and then he gets on the stand and is combative. IMO his ridiculous defense destroyed any chance of the jury even considering whether the police were derelict in their duties.

Chanley Shá Painter
@chanleysha

John Johnson begins with the voice recording of victim #BeverlyCarter
12:34 PM - 15 Jan 2016

Chanley Shá Painter
@chanleysha

#BeverlyCarter says to husband - Just do what HE -not she or they- say. #ArronLewis #ARnews
12:35 PM - 15 Jan 2016

KATV's Elicia Dover ‏@KATVElicia 45s45 seconds ago
Prosecutor gets last word here. He's playing the ransom recording. "Sometimes all you need is one piece of evidence."

Brandon Riddle ‏@BrandonCRiddle 32s32 seconds ago
Defense concludes. Prosecution now presenting final say. Recording from Carter replayed. #ArkDG

Defense says even if u don't think #ArronLewis was credible the State still has to prove every element beyond a reasonable doubt #ARnews

Bill James arguing the reasonable doubt defense for #ArronLewis #ARnews

Of course we're not going to ever know exactly.There's three sides to every story and unfortunately one isn't here to tell #ArronLewisTrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove