GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why AL was upset? Was that first thing this morning before CC took the stand?

Oh, you would be surprised! I was copying and pasting tweets through the whole trial. I had to be careful to read every one because you would be surprised at the number of really horrible and hateful people out there. Just trolls waiting to be fed, so I figured maybe they would want a visitor!

hahaha saw that.

Could you tell if AL looked at Carl Jr when he was giving his statement?

Honestly, someone on the witness stand it up in front of room by judge. then you have the podium and lawyers table. The gallery (audience is beyond that) looking straight ahead, if you were to look and focus, it could be on anyone and if you were looking that way it easy to think were looking at you. I cant say who on stand looked at who.

nor can i say from where AL was sitting and looking if he looked at him. I do know he was talking to his co chair lawyer during jury instructions about the kidnapping sentencing which I have to look at notes if it was before or after CCjr victim statement testimony.

BUT #of Felonies they used from AL priors was only 5, so NOW he is a 7 time felon.

You peeps did a great job of bringing the courtroom into WS. :loveyou:

jstkiddn, was the other people in the courtroom able to see the pictures (other than jury, family, defense, prosecution, judge, etc)? Thanks in advance.

They showed the pictures on a projector screen which was faced away from the audience and toward the jury, lawyers, judge, etc. The back of the screen was facing the audience (which is where the family was sitting)....BUT - the images bled through the screen and depending where one was sitting, you could get a real eyeful (of course they were all reversed images because we were seeing back of the images......re: what was right side of body in the actual picture appeared to be left side to us). In some areas of the courtroom you could see them REALLY well. Too well. :( In other areas, you could see an outline and just make out some stuff. Naturally, that was only for the photos. When they would project documents, it was all backwards and you couldn't' make out anything other than it was writing.

Does anyone know why AL was upset? Was that first thing this morning before CC took the stand?

He was mad not upset. Now yesterday after CL testimony was a small break iirc, have to look back could have been lunch but think was break, Bailiff came and got judge (Bill James was back there and then Lee Short went back) Judge took off his robe and went back. Judge gone just a few then came out put back on his robe and few later AL came out. Someone said today ... someone said someone said ... so no way to know if fact but WHOever said it said he didnt want put the tazer belt back on .. either had have the tazer belt or cuff/chains. (made me think of his arm stuff lol) but i think in most trials they dont put chains and stuff on where the jury can see (innocent til proven guilty thing) also wear street clothing. He was upset about something tho..

I swear yesterday he looked like Carl on Slingblade!!! hair the way hunched over a little and look on his face lol

He said he had an athletic body not skinny lol Pros said Athletic body, i bet ...

Just my opinion...
AL and CL both said they met on Backpage and hooked up. Were together about 5 months prior to getting married. Started out as friends with benefits. They both say they love ea other even now. Grew into it.

Now, remember when VI1, 2 and 3 said about AL contacting CL ex husband and wanted $5000 for proof that CL was a prostitute online? Well looks like someone could have gotten their money worth with factual info there. NOT jmho, but lol testimony from court says fact.

jstkiddn and mimi thanks for all you have done through the hearings and trial to give us a feel for what was taking place in the court room. Your summaries are so much better than the tweets coming in.

<snip>

I swear yesterday he looked like Carl on Slingblade!!! hair the way hunched over a little and look on his face lol

OMG!! HE DID!! LOLOLOL That is such an APT description! Lmao!!

Wonder if he likes biscuits? ;)

He said he had an athletic body not skinny lol Pros said Athletic body, i bet ...

That was sooo funny! For the record...IMO, he borders on looking like a holocaust victim.

They showed the pictures on a projector screen which was faced away from the audience and toward the jury, lawyers, judge, etc. The back of the screen was facing the audience (which is where the family was sitting)....BUT - the images bled through the screen and depending where one was sitting, you could get a real eyeful (of course they were all reversed images because we were seeing back of the images......re: what was right side of body in the actual picture appeared to be left side to us). In some areas of the courtroom you could see them REALLY well. Too well. :( In other areas, you could see an outline and just make out some stuff. Naturally, that was only for the photos. When they would project documents, it was all backwards and you couldn't' make out anything other than it was writing.

And uuuggggg where i was could see the REALLY WELL. I came home and went straight to bed was exhausted. But will never forget her EYES. I hope Arron Michael Lewis or Crystal Hope Lowery do either. Hope they see in their sleep

Just my opinion...
AL and CL both said they met on Backpage and hooked up. Were together about 5 months prior to getting married. Started out as friends with benefits. They both say they love ea other even now. Grew into it.

Now, remember when VI1, 2 and 3 said about AL contacting CL ex husband and wanted $5000 for proof that CL was a prostitute online? Well looks like someone could have gotten their money worth with factual info there. NOT jmho, but lol testimony from court says fact.

What is really sad and where the ball was dropped, is the parole officer. TKL said he reported AL for trying to blackmail. Then the other girls that had called the cops on him. Just so sad.

Just my opinion...

The reporter tweets from the trial said Crystal said they met on Craigslist, AL said they met on Backpage.

The reporter tweets from the trial said Crystal said they met on Craigslist, AL said they met on Backpage.

I'd like mimi to look back through her notes and see what she has, but I know Crystal said they met on CL and I'm pretty sure that AL stated the same thing today.

Just curious, is Backpage a part of craigslist? Like that swinger/sex/hooker portion....is "backpage" some sort of insider lingo for that section of the craigslist site? Or is it a completely different place.

I can assure you I have NO idea the workings of those places!! LOL

http://abcnews.go.com/US/girls-sold-sex-online-backpage-defends-decision-ads/story?id=16193220

And while there may be consensus that the exploitation of underage girls online is a problem, there is a white-hot debate over how to stop it. At the center of the storm is Backpage.com, which hosts an estimated 70 percent of the web's online prostitution ads. Critics say it's also a hub for the sex trafficking of minors, and have been mounting a public campaign to pressure Backpage to shut down its adult services section.

I'd like mimi to look back through her notes and see what she has, but I know Crystal said they met on CL and I'm pretty sure that AL stated the same thing today.

Just curious, is Backpage a part of craigslist? Like that swinger/sex/hooker portion....is "backpage" some sort of insider lingo for that section of the craigslist site? Or is it a completely different place.

I can assure you I have NO idea the workings of those places!! LOL

Craigslist and Backpage are one in the same. Backpage is the sex stuff. I just learned that recently.

Medical examiner testimony:

I thought we were going to have a cage match on the cross exam. LOL

Y'all probably know all his testimony from the tweets and other reports, so I won't repeat it all, but there was one point in particular that got heated and James was wrong, wrong, wrong!!!! Second time he's done something like this during this trial. On cross exam he ADAMANTLY states that the witness just said something under direct that THEY DIDN'T SAY!!

In tv dramas (my only experience...lol) they always go back and reread the testimony, but either that's just made up or they aren't doing it in this trial.

When asked about the possibility of death by vagina suffocation (my term.....they actually used a medical term, but I have no clue at this point what it was) the doctor testified under direct that he had never encountered anything like that in his career, nor could he find anything in any medical journals, nor could he find anything when he did (this is important) INTERNET RESEARCH. That was the exact term he used...internet research.

On cross, James (all cocky like) asks him "Are you going to tell me that you Googled death by sitting on someone's face and there was nothing? He's holding up his cell phone like he's going to google it right then and there. The doctor testified that he never said he "Googled" it and this started a very contentious exchange between the two, where eventually the doctor himself was admonished by the judge. BUT - the doctor was saying, sort of amused like, "I used Medline...not Google." Apparently Medline is a search engine/database of medical journals/articles only used by medical professionals. It's *not* Google!

James kept saying "Yes, you did!" and I'm out in the audience about to explode thinking NO HE DIDN'T!! He *NEVER* said he "googled" anything. He said he did INTERNET RESEARCH and then later clarified it was Medline. All the while James keeps blustering about wanting to use his own cell phone to "google it right now".

It was never corrected and never clarified.

Respectfully snipped by me. Yes he did say google once, actually he said both (googled it doing internet research researching for this case after the affidavit) then after Bill James said that, he said he didnt say google but that he used Medline. If Bill James had not been correct the Pros would have objected and and read back....He also said incorrectly and Bill James got him to admit that... Orig per the M.E. (THE MAIN M.E. for State of Arkansas) said that when a person looses contentiousness from lack of oxygen when they pass out they begin to breath again.... (wth) Bill James said that not true they argued, Bill James asked yes or no question just prior had gotten scolded by judge prior to question. M.E. proceeded to explain lol Bill James said Yes or No answer, M.E. said he was an expert and he could answer any length he wanted to. Judge scolded M.E. no he needed answer to question was asked. Bill James reminded him of another case both were in court together on in NW Arkansas where person went unconscious and died. M.E. had to admit James was correct.

*just like when "Pros said that witness Butler testified she saw AL at the Old River Dr". AL corrected him, that no Butler didnt say she saw me she testified she saw a slender white male (that is correct on testimony) Pros said NO I DIDNT Say she said she saw you... (HE DID SAY THAT) Pros said he didnt and AL said have them read it back (court reporter) lol Pros ok whatever she said ... didnt she describe you? AL no, lol that when he told the Pros when asked what kind of build did he think he was and he said "more of an athletic build" Pros said in lol sarcastic tone "Athletic Build I bet" :laughcry:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/girls-sold-sex-online-backpage-defends-decision-ads/story?id=16193220

McDougall has made this case before. In 2010, she was part of the legal team that defended Craigslist when it came under fire for its adult ads. Craigslist eventually decided to shut down that portion of its site, at which point much of that traffic moved to Backpage.
"I don't believe Craigslist did the right thing," she said. "And it would be the wrong thing for Backpage to take down its adult category. Because you are losing a key tool for law enforcement to get insights into this illicit activity, to get data, greater data than it's ever existed before, to locate, to identify the perpetrators, and to rescue victims."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove