GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
STATEMENT FROM THE CARTER FAMILY: per KATV channel 7 facebook https://www.facebook.com/KATVChannel7?fref=nf
Upsetting news for the family of Beverly Carter this morning after investigators located her body this morning outside Cabot in northern Pulaski County. Her family released a statement this morning:
"We are devastated at the loss of our precious Beverly. There is now a hole in our hearts that will never be filled. Mr. Lewis robbed us of an amazing wife, loving mother and grandmother. Her grandkids will never get to the know the magnitude of her greatness. As we grieve, we thank law enforcement for their diligence in finding her, every person that aided in the search efforts, New Life Pentecostal Church, Crye-Leike Realtors, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield, our community for their love and support, and for every prayer that has been spoken. We draw some comfort in knowing that she is now in the arms of Jesus. God bless you all."

My condolences to the family. I had some time to read a little bit about "Trevor" this morning and something mentally is going on with this guy. I didn't really catch the part about him shaving his hair so drastically (earlier), but whatever happened was pretty fast I think, and basically going on his head. Maybe he wants to appear that way but according to the other realtors story, he showed up with 17,000 cash for his last home. I can't possibly figure this out from here. Again, my condolences to her family.

I didn't know Beverly but she has been selling real estate for a long time. It's easy to let your guard down when you've been in a business for that long. I am glad the realtors have come together and can gain some perspective on being alone and showing real estate. It's a tough market to be in too.

He will live a long time and have many appeals once he is feeling better from the high he has been and withdrawls he will get to changing his mind about pleading guilty to get it over with. Unfortunately he is probably somewhat institutionalized as much as he has been in prison and jail so he will be comfortable as much as I hate to think of it as soon as he gets back in the system. Probably fits in and feels more at home in prison than anywhere else. I wish once they confess and plead guilty they are taken right then to the death room and end it right then instead of him having trials and appeals and keep hurting the family

I married old man blu, so happy don't know what to do!

so sad.....

what on earth could be the motive and how is the wife/gf involved?

So he has just been charged with 4 counts of Fire Arms possession
Kidnapping
Murder
In front of the Judge he said "I just want to plead guilty and get this over with"...The lawyers wouldn't let him do it. Ya'll can comment on WHY they wouldn't let him plead guilty?

Because defense lawyers don't make as much money if their client tells the truth. Because a certain element of our society believes that if you ( or your son, husband, cousin, neighbor, etc.) commit a crime but you can lie good enough to get a jury to feel sorry for you and let you go, you are no longer a criminal, you are "innocent".

The world is full of people who believe they are entitled to get away with whatever crime they commit because they can blame their actions on the victim, their financial situation, their culture, where they live or the cop who arrested them.

MOO

May have been mentioned but there is a press conference at 2pm, and Lt. Minden said earlier this morning on a local TV interview that they expected/hoped to soon have results back from crime lab as to time of death. Guessing they hope to have that by presser time.

First post on here. Bought a house from Beverly some years ago. This all makes me sick. But this site has been incredible the last few days. So glad to have found it.

While I'm not sure if AL acted alone, he certainly strikes me as being not the sharpest tool in the shed, and went into a panic of some sorts (leading him to steal a dump truck and wreck his own). Nothing he has done seems like intelligent criminal moves. It looks like he panicked this weekend and started running from himself. Maybe from some type of accident that made his mind skip a beat. Dunno... just gauging his actions.

Omg:tantrum: when was she found>

Sincerest sympathies to her family.
GHEESE Im shocked and saddened,,,got lots of catching up to do.

Omg:tantrum: when was she found>

Sincerest sympathies to her family.
GHEESE Im shocked and saddened,,,got lots of catching up to do.

Investigators found her body shortly after midnight CDT. Notified family around 2am. Went to media just after 3am.

My heart is broken for her family.

What is the motive for this?? I don't understand.

Investigators found her body shortly after midnight CDT. Notified family around 2am. Went to media just after 3am.
Thank you muchly murrikan...and welcome.
You knew her? MY sympathies to you also...
you will continue to love WS, trust me. :)
I wonder if motive was revealed.

My heart is broken for her family.

What is the motive for this?? I don't understand.

He said because she was a rich broker, I'm not sure what he was intending killing her did not get him anything

I married old man blu, so happy don't know what to do!

Per Katv local news:
- LE trying to figure out if AL was in fact the man that Beverly was supposed to meet that day to show the home
- Showing the cement company where her body was found- NO mention if this was the cement company that AL works for (and i thought he worked at the Argos in Jacksonville- not in cabot?)
- LE still not releasing what led them to AL or what led them to the gravesite
- AL told lawyer that he 'just wanted to plead guilty to it all'
-Range punishment for capital murder is life in prison
- not sure if they will be going for death penalty

I wonder if he tried to kidnap her for ransom or a robbery, but something obviously went wrong & she was killed pretty quickly. Then he decides later that night to send the odd text messages to her family to possibly try to make it look like she had gone out drinking & was abducted from there instead of the house, and was still planning to try to pull off a ransom demand even though he had already killed her, but then the husband has already contacted law enforcement & knows the text is fake & it's getting too much attention much faster than he thought. I think he just totally bungled his initial plan and his secondary plan. Just my opinion, trying to figure it all out.

He said because she was a rich broker, I'm not sure what he was intending killing her did not get him anything

He's mumbling there.. over and over and over. He's not making any sense, really. He appears to have dissociated with himself at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
I think I would put a bullet in that guy myself if I had the opportunity.

What you see right there is just raw evil...in it's worst form.

You are exactly right, he looks evil. I kept trying to SEE BEYOND HIS BLANK EYES, COULDNT DO IT/I dont think this was his first murder, imo.

I am so confused as to motive and MO here. I am wondering if one of his contacts (girlfriend/wife) heard about a "cash sale" transaction taking place at the property and the plan was to remove the realtor from the equation...then pose as the realtor for the seller and collect the cash from the buyer with forged documents etc...
It just seems kidnapping/murder are a far cry from what this guy usually does (and/or has the intelligence/organization to pull off)...

I wonder if he tried to kidnap her for ransom, something obviously went wrong & she was killed pretty quickly. Then he decides later that night to send the odd text messages to her family to possibly try to make it look like she had gone out drinking & got kidnapped from there instead of the house, and still planning to try to pull off a ransom demand even though he had already killed her, but then the husband has already contacted law enforcement & knows the text is fake & it's getting too much attention much faster than he thought. I think he just totally bungled his initial plan and his secondary plan. Just my opinion, trying to figure it all out.

The only thing I could come up with ( last night) is perhaps he was trying to steal a boat from a boat dock from where she was at. When she opened the door, I think he was already there. I think she witnessed something and could have very well been the stolen dump truck or all the money ( he supposedly had and maybe he did have it) but she went into a panic mode pretty quick, I think. It would be pretty easy to do with someone like this. He is total drama when a person is not expecting it.

He's mumbling there.. over and over and over. He's not making any sense, really. He appears to have dissociated with himself at this point.

Well, he DID hit the wind shield of his car. It's possible he has confusion from his bad head injury? Still, we all seem to agree he's not the sharpest tool in the drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member