GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well. Looks like this topic went nuclear while I was gone. Interesting stuff.

Turning someone's theory on its head, is it possible that CL framed AL?

The dog pound story makes no sense to me. Seems much more likely that CL turned them over to animal control or to the local Humane Society, thus tipping off LE to her being a flight risk.

JMO.

The dog pound story makes no sense to me. Seems much more likely that CL turned them over to animal control or to the local Humane Society, thus tipping off LE to her being a flight risk.

JMO.

I was with her when she verified at the pound that LE turned them over. She tried to get them back but the pound would not allow it since they were surrendered.

It certainly sounds as if CL was arrested without probable cause. She has near-perfect alibis for the entire period in question with reliable witnesses and explanations for everything suspicious.

Perhaps she needs better legal counsel.

It certainly sounds as if CL was arrested without probable cause. She has near-perfect alibis for the entire period in question with reliable witnesses and explanations for everything suspicious.

Perhaps she needs better legal counsel.
Her attorney is well known in LR for criminal trials and is not court appointed. ATTORNEY 1002396 HOLIMAN, RICHARD E
Aliases: HOLIMAN, RICHARD E.

He is the attorney for a neighbor of mine who had a $1 million bond for carrying a gun on a school campus where his sons attend. It was dropped to $500,000 when he took over the case and then to $100,000 and now neighbor is out on bond. Same neighbor has federal charges for being in a drug cartel. I believe he's going to plead out on that one and get time served, 10 months, for the gun at school. So, just saying, she's got an experienced attorney who has handled some high profile cases.

Do we know what the probable cause was that they had or is your comment based upon her friend posting here? Not saying the friend is wrong or doesn't know anything, but I just can't see them filing these charges without some foundation a month after AL was charged. If it was the case of just wanting to get somebody they got somebody. I know, many are wrongly accused and sentenced.

Her attorney is well known in LR for criminal trials and is not court appointed. ATTORNEY 1002396 HOLIMAN, RICHARD E
Aliases: HOLIMAN, RICHARD E.

He is the attorney for a neighbor of mine who had a $1 million bond for carrying a gun on a school campus where his sons attend. It was dropped to $500,000 when he took over the case and then to $100,000 and now neighbor is out on bond. Same neighbor has federal charges for being in a drug cartel. I believe he's going to plead out on that one and get time served, 10 months, for the gun at school. So, just saying, she's got an experienced attorney who has handled some high profile cases.

Do we know what the probable cause was that they had or is your comment based upon her friend posting here? Not saying the friend is wrong or doesn't know anything, but I just can't see them filing these charges without some foundation a month after AL was charged. If it was the case of just wanting to get somebody they got somebody. I know, many are wrongly accused and sentenced.

They already had "somebody" in custody though.

ETA

My opinion re: attorney is based on evidence put forth by commenters here.

JMO.

I will say, just on a general observation note around the country this past year-- and not necessarily related to this case... but there have been an inordinate number of way-over-the-top brutality cases reported where LE are excessively hard on dogs. Shooting them, killing them often without serious provocation reported, or taking them. I understand fully the need to protect from attack, but time after time we keep hearing of cases where the violence against family dogs has been astonishing and reportedly unprovoked. I only hear about this since I know a lot of animal rights and pet rescue people. So I could buy the dog story as it was reported by NJ being true.

Would a motion to dismiss based on lack of probable cause be sealed with evidence?

That's what I'm saying. They has AL, so no need to rush into charges for someone else if they don't really have good evidence. They had someone, AL, in custody. What is ETA and I don't get your comment below that about commenters here and evidence? Do we know the evidence that they have or is that based upon the friend who is posting here?

That's what I'm saying. They has AL, so no need to rush into charges for someone else if they don't really have good evidence. They had someone, AL, in custody. What is ETA and I don't get your comment below that about commenters here and evidence? Do we know the evidence that they have or is that based upon the friend who is posting here?

ETA is edited to add.

Based on evidence proffered by the latter.

I dont believe for a minute they arrested CL on a whim. They have some damning evidence that links her to the crime of kidnapping and murder. Makes no sense they would arrest AL and jeopardize their case by falsely arresting CL. We will probably have a better idea after her Jan court appearance.jmo

I will say, just on a general observation note around the country this past year-- and not necessarily related to this case... but there have been an inordinate number of way-over-the-top brutality cases reported where LE are excessively hard on dogs. Shooting them, killing them often without serious provocation reported, or taking them. I understand fully the need to protect from attack, but time after time we keep hearing of cases where the violence against family dogs has been astonishing and reportedly unprovoked. I only hear about this since I know a lot of animal rights and pet rescue people. So I could buy the dog story as it was reported by NJ being true.

I am not doubting the dog story but isn't their some sort of law that prohibits the pound from keeping your dogs if someone else brings them into the shelter/pound or prohibits them from being adopted out for a certain time period in case the owner comes back to claim them? If she was questioned for 8 hours I would assume that, once released from LE custody, getting her dogs would be high on her priority list. Eight hours isn't long at all for the dogs to have been there. Our shelters aren't allowed to be adopted out for several days after they are brought in. I would have had a friend go in and adopt my dogs back for me. That's messed up!

Also, I don't think the LE is getting more aggressive towards animals. I imagine the numbers are probably down from ten years ago. We are just hearing more about it and people are documenting it and sharing the video more readily then they could have in the past. MOO

I am not doubting the dog story but isn't their some sort of law that prohibits the pound from keeping your dogs if someone else brings them into the shelter/pound or prohibits them from being adopted out for a certain time period in case the owner comes back to claim them? If she was questioned for 8 hours I would assume that, once released from LE custody, getting her dogs would be high on her priority list. Eight hours isn't long at all for the dogs to have been there. Our shelters aren't allowed to be adopted out for several days after they are brought in. I would have had a friend go in and adopt my dogs back for me. That's messed up!

Also, I don't think the LE is getting more aggressive towards animals. I imagine the numbers are probably down from ten years ago. We are just hearing more about it and people are documenting it and sharing the video more readily then they could have in the past. MOO

That's a good question about the law re the pound, I don't know the answer, maybe someone else does? As for the reports I'm hearing and seeing - a lot are coming from people who have been looking into the issue for a long time and they swear there is a noted upswing in the incidents. Many are happening on raids on homes of suspects, some they don't even find anything incriminating evidence at and people lose their dog. Maybe policy got more lenient with dogs.. or maybe the plethora of pit bull attacks made LE need to hasten their response time to any perceived danger from an advancing dog. I had heard what the regulations were wherein they were permitted to use force or shoot at one point, but don't recall now. Sad story in any case if it's true.

That's a good question about the law re the pound, I don't know the answer, maybe someone else does? As for the reports I'm hearing and seeing - a lot are coming from people who have been looking into the issue for a long time and they swear there is a noted upswing in the incidents. Many are happening on raids on homes of suspects, some they don't even find anything incriminating evidence at and people lose their dog. Maybe policy got more lenient with dogs.. or maybe the plethora of pit bull attacks made LE need to hasten their response time to any perceived danger from an advancing dog. I had heard what the regulations were wherein they were permitted to use force or shoot at one point, but don't recall now. Sad story in any case if it's true.

5 days in Jacksonville, Arkansas. http://www.cityofjacksonville.net/143/Animal-Control

Were they pitbulls? and taken to Sherwood , ar.

Oh I have no idea what breed they were, just trying to find a possible reason that LE might have to be cracking down more on dogs in raids. A fair amt of drug dealers use pit bulls as guard dogs and chain them outside properties trained to attack if need be. I can see where that could become an "occupational hazard" for LE!

Pretty sure AL had 1 pit bull at one time..I remember seeing pics of the dog on either FB or IG.

AL/CL live in Gravel Ridge with a Jacksonville address- I believe Sherwood Fire dept services their area- It might be likely the dogs went to Sherwood animal control - I believe Sherwood has a ban on Pit Bulls. Was thinking this might be why she did not get the dogs back if they were taken to Sherwood.

Maybe she did not get them back because LE knew they would be arresting her again in the future.

Interesting. He certainly can't be cheap, and after looking him up, I see that he has, indeed, been involved in some really high profile cases. I wonder where that kind of cash is coming from, unless he's decided for some reason (e.g., also a very high profile situation) to take the case pro bono....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx