GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started reading mid thru thread 4 trying to catch up. NJ said CL was driving, and a neighbor was filming. I just read that a few ago lol

Lol! Awesome! I only have my phone. No computer at home. Otherwise I would be up all night re-reading. Thank you!

Pretty sure NJ said AL was living with "Trevor" for awhile.
Since 911 the LRAFB is strick about checking 100% ea and every id before they admit you on base. LOL if you have a warrant out, they call local LEO immediately. If TM lived on base I feel safe saying that its in the barracks unless he is married. And I also feel safe saying AL wouldn't have been staying there long. I know some active military and some retired. I asked and they said I was correct. The area Gravel Ridge where AL and CL lived is near the back gate to the base. That's also the are where AL had his accident.

Do we know for sure he stayed on base ? I mean, A lot of AFB personnel live in apts in Jacksonville.
NJ probably knows this because I'm sure CL knew where AL was staying.

Was this divorce petition filed right after her ex filed for custody? I think she was trying to distance herself from AL to try not to lose custody.

Yes, he filed emerg Oct 16 and judge signed 16th, CL was served with the emerg change of custody paperwork at her home at 915am on Oct 17 and it was filed electronicly at 240 that same afternoon iirc. Also betweet 1 and 2pm it was noted on the court page of CL Theft by rec that she has an atty

Did this thread get locked?

While I have your attention, how do you link to a specific post on another thread? TIA.

Click on the post number at the top right of the post ----> and copy paste the url in the address bar at the top of the page to link to. :)

K. Is there such thing as spouse privilege in a capital murder case? And if so, that divorce will be final before this trial starts and she wont be a spouse. They can subpoena her to testify if they need her.She can plead the 5th on stuff that may incriminate her. So why would they even want to get her a deal for her testimony?
I don't know if she could get a divorce on THAT filing as its not truthful. I have read where people in jail file for divorce and get divorced. I am unsure how it works in this situation. Curious tho lol just because. Maybe they just ask for this one to be dismissed?

The IG account was still up. The man that pulled him out of the mud said he was driving a silver ford fusion and someone commented that her aunt was right then about the silver car being at the house when she was kidnapped . Her aunt is the neighbor that said a silver car was backed up to the garage.

NJ said AL has a black car and CL has a brown SUV. ?

Yes, he filed emerg Oct 16 and judge signed 16th, CL was served with the emerg change of custody paperwork at her home at 915am on Oct 17 and it was filed electronicly at 240 that same afternoon iirc. Also betweet 1 and 2pm it was noted on the court page of CL Theft by rec that she has an atty

The fact that she already had an attorney tells me he advised her to file this Quicky divorce petition. Probably for custody reasons like rhondarenea said.

Very interesting. If they are partners in crime, the timing of this divorce filing may be a bad thing. Which one will squeal like a pig first? My moneys on CL.When they arrested him but not her she thought it would be a good time to get out. But then, he may want revenge and squeal first.
JMHO, the timing of the divorce filing was the afternoon she recd the signed emg change of custody (oct 17) TL had filed affidavit 2 iirc . JMHO she was freaking out trying to do what she could do to keep custody of her daughter. (I can understand that) . IF she wanted to divorce him because of reasons she stated in the affidavit for divorce, she would have done it end of Sept or first of Oct. Not trying to bash, just my observation on the timing.

JMHO, the timing of the divorce filing was the afternoon she recd the signed emg change of custody (oct 17) TL had filed affidavit 2 iirc . JMHO she was freaking out trying to do what she could do to keep custody of her daughter. (I can understand that) . IF she wanted to divorce him because of reasons she stated in the affidavit for divorce, she would have done it end of Sept or first of Oct. Not trying to bash, just my observation on the timing.
Its put her in an awkard position now though. If it gets finalized she has no spouse privilege.

Let's see here, in this case we have all of the following involved (to some degree, at least): ex-boyfriend providing a safe haven and providing you with transportation; ex-husbands; custody issues - kids by this one and kids by that one; 7-time felon that wife didn't know about when she married him but yet it was plastered all over his social media; drug testing, divorce filed; nursing student with no job, no income (except possibly student loans); other spouse not working either; one minute they both live in same residence - the next minute or day or week, they don't; pit bull that eats your panties so you have to keep them on dresser but don't notice a phone laying on them that doesn't belong to anyone in the household...What else have I missed and who knows what all else that we aren't even aware of??!!

JMO but I think it's very possible CL was not at her ex-boyfriend's house over the weekend - she used that as an alibi to make it appear as if she was not around her house the entire weekend of when all this went down; and that's why the ex-boyfriend was upset for getting dragged into it because his name was put out there by CL when it shouldn't have been. Because IMO if he cared enough to allow her to stay and if he drove her around and provided her transportation, then why be so mad and upset when she tells LE (and whoever else) that that's where she was for the weekend? He shouldn't get mad if he truly cared, would he? Thoughts?

NJ said AL has a black car and CL has a brown SUV. ?

Yes... But a witness saw the car at the house and another witness says they pulled that car out of the mud for AL. I wish I could link that IG account here. He wasn't positive about the day he pulled him.. He didn't remember or think about it again till he saw ALs mugshot on the news. He did not even know Al. AL flagged this guy down according to him.
But remember ALs neighbor said he called her to help him get unstuck the same day BC was kidnapped.
I know. Very frustrating.
The IG account is still out there to see the mans story and another poster in there saying her aunt is the witness that saw the silver car at the house/.

Edited: I'm not disputing NJ at all. I just wish she knew where these vehicles came from.

JMO but I think it's very possible CL was not at her ex-boyfriend's house over the weekend - she used that as an alibi to make it appear as if she was not around her house the entire weekend of when all this went down; and that's why the ex-boyfriend was upset for getting dragged into it because his name was put out there by CL when it shouldn't have been. Because IMO if he cared enough to allow her to stay and if he drove her around and provided her transportation, then why be so mad and upset when she tells LE (and whoever else) that that's where she was for the weekend? He shouldn't get mad if he truly cared, would he? Thoughts?

Well there is no doubt ex bf will be called to testify. If her story isnt true I imagine he is extremely pissed that he got used for an alibi in a murder investigation. Another thing I wonder about. If she truly has an alibi for the evening Beverly went missing why is she sitting in jail? Wouldn't her lawyer already had her out of there? I mean, she has people that swear she was in clinicals and the rest of the time glued to ex bf side. Seems like a no brainer for any good attorney.

If CL story is true, as her attorney Id file a motion to dismiss, show my evidence and sue the State of AR for tons of money and make CL one rich lady.(and Id charge her one really good fee for me. :) )

Let's see here, in this case we have all of the following involved (to some degree, at least): ex-boyfriend providing a safe haven and providing you with transportation; ex-husbands; custody issues - kids by this one and kids by that one; 7-time felon that wife didn't know about when she married him but yet it was plastered all over his social media; drug testing, divorce filed; nursing student with no job, no income (except possibly student loans); other spouse not working either; one minute they both live in same residence - the next minute or day or week, they don't; pit bull that eats your panties so you have to keep them on dresser but don't notice a phone laying on them that doesn't belong to anyone in the household...What else have I missed and who knows what all else that we aren't even aware of??!!
I'm crying. I'm laughing so hard! I was ok til I hit the dog eats panties. Sorry, no offense to you or anyone but this has me laughing!
Oh my gosh, you just can't make this stuff up. It's a better script than a soap opera!
ETA: Your summary was excellent, it just cracked me up! I'll try to contain these outbursts of mine. Whew! Good laugh! *blowing nose*

yes, I just read that a few ago. Then she let him move back in when he got the job at the cement company - and after he got
fired he wouldn't move back out. In Arkansas you have to be separated 30 days and have a witness come and swear under oath that what is stated in order is true. (I have served as a witness before).

You do have to be separated for 30 days but not when you file the petition. You can leave your husband and file same day if you want.. But, you do have to live separate and apart for 30 days before you can request final hearing and have a decree filed.

I've worked for a lawyer.. One client found out her husband was on the gay internet meeting strange men for sex. She filed immediately and stayed at the house until he was was served with papers and a restraining order. He got them at work and called her shocked . She left then with a restraining order in place to protect her.

Sooo. The lie on the petition was probably about custody.

And.. Since CL filed pro se and with what I just said about not having to be apart to file.. She absolutely could have divorced him when " he wouldn't leave" if she wanted. He then would have had to leave her residence because of the restraining order.

If CL story is true, as her attorney Id file a motion to dismiss, show my evidence and sue the State of AR for tons of money and make CL one rich lady.(and Id charge her one really good fee for me. :) )

Except wouldn't the attorney at least need to know what the evidence is against her? Does the defense attorney have that information at this point or is he waiting like everyone else?

Except wouldn't the attorney at least need to know what the evidence is against her? Does the defense attorney have that information at this point or is he waiting like everyone else?

Since she is charged with kidnapping too she either had to help kidnap or hold Beverly against her will.If she has an air tight alibi that she couldnt have been present I would think that would be enough. MHO she doesnt. Or she wouldnt be there to begin with.

If anyone would do that, her attorney would .
He has a reputation. He is not a friend or fan of LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazythunder