GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing. Am I blocked from posting? I just want to be able to dig deep into a situation that resulted in murder and then discuss it with other logical minded adults.

I see your post.

Going back to the day that AL had the accident and then ran. I never understood with him being on parole, why they couldn't have had an officer stay with him. They could have used many equations such as testing him for drugs or alcohol. That one bit of info has always puzzled me.

Going back to the day that AL had the accident and then ran. I never understood with him being on parole, why they couldn't have had an officer stay with him. They could have used many equations such as testing him for drugs or alcohol. That one bit of info has always puzzled me.

He wasn't under arrest then so not sure they had a legal right to do that?

Very good question. I always wondered if their intent was to bring him in for questioning following his treatment in the hospital while waiting for the warrant to be signed but that perhaps LE completely dropped the ball thinking that he wouldn't just up and leave. I read somewhere (think it was posted in the last thread) that LE couldn't follow him into the room because of HIPPA laws and he checked out unbeknownst to them. NoJustice mentioned CL speaking to LE at the hospital but not seeing him because he left when she was there (or something to that effect.) Maybe they were busy questioning her and didn't see he was being discharged? Definitely puzzling.

Interesting. So her car was searched. Her house was searched. Her underwear was taken. BC's phone was found in CL's possession (or at least in her house, within her belongings.) Anything else you can share with us that was on that long list of things taken out of her house by LE? Thanks for your insight.

nojustice had said CL's own phone was taken by LE and they kept it and would not return it. She provided them the pw per nojustice. I think they had it several days before arresting her.

Very good question. I always wondered if their intent was to bring him in for questioning following his treatment in the hospital while waiting for the warrant to be signed but that perhaps LE completely dropped the ball thinking that he wouldn't just up and leave. I read somewhere (think it was posted in the last thread) that LE couldn't follow him into the room because of HIPPA laws and he checked out unbeknownst to them. NoJustice mentioned CL speaking to LE at the hospital but not seeing him because he left when she was there (or something to that effect.) Maybe they were busy questioning her and didn't see he was being discharged? Definitely puzzling.

IIRC he wasn't discharged. He just left without anyone knowing but I don't have a link to confirm.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/09/29/realtor-vanishes-on-the-job-arrest-warrant-issued-for-suspect/

“While at the hospital and undergoing tests, Mr. Lewis left the hospital. He was not under the guard of law enforcement at that time due to not having any criminal charges at that point,” the lieutenant said in a statement."

I do understand the Hippa part, but why not wait by the door. LE goes with people all the time if they think there might be alcohol or drugs involved. My family members in LE seemed to think the ball was dropped with this issue. Thankfully, he didn't evade for very long. I do wonder where he slept.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-estate-agent-beverly-carter-vanishes-n213796

<snipped & bolded by me>

Police said Lewis was involved a single-vehicle road accident in Jacksonville, Arkansas, earlier on Sunday and was treated in a local hospital for facial injuries but left before the warrant was issued. "He was not under the guard of law enforcement at that time due to not having any criminal charges at that point," Minden said.

<snipped & bolded by me)
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

Deputies took the photo of Lewis' bloodied face after the accident. (For the love all that is holy, can we put this one to bed? Seriously.)

Lewis was apparently a person of interest before he had reached Baptist Hospital for treatment. Minden clarified that he was "not under the guard of law enforcement at that time due to not having any criminal charges." He said Lewis left the left the hospital in the middle of testing; a warrant was obtained later in the day.

"They feel frustrated he left. Obviously it's not something we can control. If someone is not under arrest, and we go into a hospital, we're just not allowed to go back there," explained Minden. "But, yeah, it is frustrating to know that you knew where he was, and you just didn't have an arrest warrant for him at that time." (so AL skipped out of the hospital, not discharged.)

I do understand the Hippa part, but why not wait by the door. LE goes with people all the time if they think there might be alcohol or drugs involved. My family members in LE seemed to think the ball was dropped with this issue. Thankfully, he didn't evade for very long. I do wonder where he slept.

BBM Very good possibility. The earlier articles I read sure made it appear that way.

Here is more in that article:

Lewis was apparently a person of interest before he had reached Baptist Hospital for treatment. Minden clarified that he was "not under the guard of law enforcement at that time due to not having any criminal charges." He said Lewis left the left the hospital in the middle of testing; a warrant was obtained later in the day.

"They feel frustrated he left. Obviously it's not something we can control. If someone is not under arrest, and we go into a hospital, we're just not allowed to go back there," explained Minden. "But, yeah, it is frustrating to know that you knew where he was, and you just didn't have an arrest warrant for him at that time."

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

I would think that, at the very least, they were planning on trailing him when he left the hospital (as they were doing when he crashed.) I think he gave them the slip, unfortunately.

IIRC he wasn't discharged. He just left without anyone knowing but I don't have a link to confirm.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/09/29/realtor-vanishes-on-the-job-arrest-warrant-issued-for-suspect/

&#8220;While at the hospital and undergoing tests, Mr. Lewis left the hospital. He was not under the guard of law enforcement at that time due to not having any criminal charges at that point,&#8221; the lieutenant said in a statement."
But they had to know from running his info, who he was and that he was a parolee. Parolees can be hauled in for things regular citizens can't. That is my confusion. Many stated they thought he was on drugs. So, an officer could have followed him on the ruse that he needed to be checked for drugs. The LE would never admit to dropping the ball anyway. Being a parolee and driving reckless which they charged him for, is enough to be held for questioning.

nojustice had said CL's own phone was taken by LE and they kept it and would not return it. She provided them the pw per nojustice. I think they had it several days before arresting her.

Thank you. I had forgotten about her cell phone. Would be interesting to know what else they may have zeroed in on. Might give us some insight into what they were looking for or why they think CL is involved.

I was interested in her car because I was wondering if AL had access to it during the time that BC went missing and perhaps DNA found in her car is one of the things LE has linking CL to the crime. If someone else was driving CL around, perhaps she wasn't even in possession of her car around the time of the kidnapping, etc. Just thinking out loud here.

Maybe they were wanting to just track his routes to see if he would lead them to BC whereabouts .

Why does everyone assume NJ is a she? I'm not trying to be rude, and it has no bearing on NJ's friendship and loyalty to CL...but not everyone who posts here is a "she".

Why does everyone assume NJ is a she? I'm not trying to be rude, and it has no bearing on NJ's friendship and loyalty to CL...but not everyone who posts here is a "she".

I thought that as well and I hope I haven't incorrectly assigned gender to anyone but I may have inadvertently.

10703613_1474727332788642_3460097662408154616_n.jpg

When I see this smiling face all I want is justice for Beverly.

At that time they were still hoping she was being held alive.
But they were not following him after the crash. It said they were waiting on the warrant to arrest him. I guess it is a moot point now, but just wonder what LE had on him at that point.

Because when we call a member he or she and it is wrong, they usually say, well, actually, I am male! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810