GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it's slow here today.. Take a look on WS at the located case of Brooklyn Lilly. That story made me so happy last night. Amazing little girl!! Check it out. At least read about them finding her.

I'll ask an attorney tomorrow. I have friends... Haha
Normally the attny files a discovery motion and the prosecution answers wth a standard open file policy statement ...
This case being sealed though.. I don't know how it will work.
I know he will know the evidence but not sure when or how he gets it.

Yes, the prosecutor has to provide evidence to the defense attorney, upon timely request by the defense attorney. Rule 17.1 of the Arkansas Rules of Criminal Procedure governs what evidence has to be shared, and when. Here is a snippet:

(a) Subject to the provisions of Rules 17.5 and 19.4, the prosecuting attorney shall disclose to defense counsel, upon timely request, the following material and information which is or may come within the possession, control, or knowledge of the prosecuting attorney:
(b) The prosecuting attorney shall, upon timely request, inform defense counsel of:
(i) the substance of any relevant grand jury testimony;
(ii) whether, in connection with the particular case, there has been any electronic surveillance of the defendant's premises or of conversations to which he was a party;
(iii) the relationship to the prosecuting authority of persons whom the prosecuting attorney intends to call as witnesses.
(c) The prosecuting attorney shall, upon timely request, disclose and permit inspection, testing, copying, and photocopying of any relevant material regarding:
(i) any specific searches and seizures;
(ii) the acquisition of specified statements from the defendant.
(d) Subject to the provisions of Rule 19.4, the prosecuting attorney shall, promptly upon discovering the matter, disclose to defense counsel any material or information within his knowledge, possession, or control, which tends to negate the guilt of the defendant as to the offense charged or would tend to reduce the punishment therefor.

https://courts.arkansas.gov/rules-and-administrative-orders/rules-of-criminal-procedure

This may seem a silly question ...but being sort of new here, and in recognition of this being a public forum site...if I were on the defense team I'd probably be searching places like this to get ideas and look for holes in the case that I might be able to patch up in time for court and help my client's case.... What I'm wondering is...could we be inadvertently helping defense and hurting prosecution in some way with out loud sleuthing? I guess it's a moot point since it is pretty much inevitable in any public or high profile case that hits the media, there will be rampant online speculation and inside information all over the place to comb through. But a few times I've rethought posting something and wondered if that was ever addressed here or if there are any tips. Guess it could well work both ways and prosecution could have people doing same... Just musing - its kind of like having a big team of free investigators to do research for you! :)

I'm not her but I've heard of this. Doctors who treat conditions of chronic pain . Pain management programs.
Selling prescription meds is a money making racket. A bottle of hydrocodone cost less than 5 bucks, but on the street, each pill is worth that much at least.
Also, they want to make sure the person is not abusing their meds or other illegal substances.

That is correct. I have a chronic illness and take meds for it for the pain. I had to sign a pain contract with my Dr. office. They can call me any time and I must report for a drug test to make sure that I don't have anything else in me and that I DO have my pain meds in me. They can also make me bring in the bottle for a pill count to make sure I have the right amount left that I should.

Maybe we are helping LE too - I have seen some good theories posted here. And the important thing is to get to the truth, no matter who benefits.
This may seem a silly question ...but being sort of new here, and in recognition of this being a public forum site...if I were on the defense team I'd probably be searching places like this to get ideas and look for holes in the case that I might be able to patch up in time for court and help my client's case.... What I'm wondering is...could we be inadvertently helping defense and hurting prosecution in some way with out loud sleuthing? I guess it's a moot point since it is pretty much inevitable in any public or high profile case that hits the media, there will be rampant online speculation and inside information all over the place to comb through. But a few times I've rethought posting something and wondered if that was ever addressed here or if there are any tips. Guess it could well work both ways and prosecution could have people doing same... Just musing - its kind of like having a big team of free investigators to do research for you! :)

I've been thinking about the missing lockbox.

The house had been had been foreclosed on and for sale for several years, right? The pictures we've seen from the real estate listing shows that it is empty.

If this truly was a last minute crime of opportunity, as LE has stated, then he wouldn't necessarily have something handy on his person. If he had stabbed her, one would think there would be a substantial amount of blood. If he had shot her, the neighbors would have probably heard something. So that leaves strangling and bludgeoning as possible methods.

The lockbox may have been the only thing in the house that wasn't "tied down".....the only thing he could grab really fast. Maybe it was laying on the kitchen counter. Maybe she was even making a run for it and got as far as the front door and he sees the lock box close by and let's her have it on the head. If the lockbox was the murder weapon, it makes sense he would take it with him when he left.

Neighbors reported seeing a man in a truck first and then later a car backed up to the house?

Maybe he showed up driving he truck and for whatever reason she winds up dead. He can't very well take a body with him in a truck because someone might see it, so he calls someone to bring a car with a trunk. They back the car up to the house so they can load the body. That also might explain why they were at the house for what sounds to me a longer period of time than one might think. He had to call someone to bring the car and had to wait for them to arrive. Maybe they even did some cleanup if there was blood. Being an empty house, it might be pretty easy to clean up blood from a hard surface such as tile, etc.....at least clean it up enough to where it wouldn't be visible to the naked eye.

Just some random thoughts.

Maybe we are helping LE too - I have seen some good theories posted here. And the important thing is to get to the truth, no matter who benefits.

I agree! It never hurts to have 100 extra brains working on the same puzzle I guess! Thanks.

I've been mia for a few days and catching up on here. Where's nojustice? I didn't see any recent posts. tia

They were from the Forbidden Hillcrest FB and the names were marked out because I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for this site. It was chatter during the first day or so of Beverly missing.

Oh...you may want to remove them as you can't copy and post fB posts on WS. Just an FYI. You can just tell us where to go and summarize the posts.

I've been mia for a few days and catching up on here. Where's nojustice? I didn't see any recent posts. tia

She's here. :) she's reading.
We have given her a real work out questioning her information and if I were her, I would be real tired of having to defend everything I believe. Not that I haven't questioned it too.. Because I have, really hard.
She's still seeking the truth IMO and will hopefully update with any relevant insider information if she receives it.
I heart NJ. I'll be her new friend if she ends up losing one in this process.

She's here. :) she's reading.
We have given her a real work out questioning her information and if I were her, I would be real tired of having to defend everything I believe. Not that I haven't questioned it too.. Because I have, really hard.
She's still seeking the truth IMO and will hopefully update with any relevant insider information if she receives it.
I heart NJ. I'll be her new friend if she ends up losing one in this process.

Any of you pay attention to the Bashara murder case? Someone posting info for the defendant on a forum had to testify in court. I don't know the details but it's something to keep in mind, NJ.

Any of you pay attention to the Bashara murder case? Someone posting info for the defendant on a forum had to testify in court. I don't know the details but it's something to keep in mind, NJ.

Never thought about that but that would suck.I was a witness in a custody case about 3 years ago and it was brutal. I never want to be a witness again.

That sounds fair to me. You take the risk of being held accountable for what you say on a public forum. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the D.A. has been tipped to read this forum. Any information is good information, after all. MOO.

I think (Arkansas-somebody on here) said no cameras allowed in the courtroom there.
Nope wont be... :( and if like other high profile I have seen covered, wont be much more than the rehash you see now on the 3 news stations lol 4-KARK NBC and
Fox16 KLRT are owned now by same company so that's 1. KTHV 11 Cbs and KATV 7 ABC. Prob be some tweeting going on... but nothing like other high profile of recent ...

That sounds fair to me. You take the risk of being held accountable for what you say on a public forum. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the D.A. has been tipped to read this forum. Any information is good information, after all. MOO

I don't think the DA would want NJ to testify for them. She has said nothing that would help their case. I could see the defense wanting her to testify though.

BUT... hopefully Forbidden Hillcrest will be able to keep us updated ;)

I don't think the DA would want NJ to testify for them. She has said nothing that would help their case. I could see the defense wanting her to testify though.

I respectfully disagree. I also have complete faith both sides can make that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball