GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember he got $53,000 in a settlement while he was in prison. So he had that money waiting on him when he was released in August of 2013.

I know, but he has had some pretty big expensive toys in since Aug 2013. Feb he sold the double wide, don't know how much he got for it, but other than the job at Argos do we know of any other job? He is they type trying to impress, that $ went pretty fast I bet. Which sadly could be the big motive in why he in jail now... And iirc they have to pay a fee to see Parole officer. And he would have prob restitution to pay. I don't remember him being listed as an absconder so he must have kept up with his Parole crap. (for what that's worth) Pretty sure he didn't have much of that $ left

I know, but he has had some pretty big expensive toys in since Aug 2013. Feb he sold the double wide, don't know how much he got for it, but other than the job at Argos do we know of any other job? He is they type trying to impress, that $ went pretty fast I bet. Which sadly could be the big motive in why he in jail now... And iirc they have to pay a fee to see Parole officer. And he would have prob restitution to pay. I don't remember him being listed as an absconder so he must have kept up with his Parole crap. (for what that's worth) Pretty sure he didn't have much of that $ left
Oh I bet all that money was gone. Notice he still didn't pay any child support. He stayed busy with women and buying cars and motorcycles for many months. Sad thing is he could have truly turned his life around like he said in his FB post about being a 7 time felon. I will never understand how people can even think like he does.

A good friend of mine works for the Public Defenders office here in TN, and I know she has to personally go and meet with each applicant and go over everything with them. Here I think, if you own something of less than a $2,500 value you don't have to list it. I wouldn't imagine that car was worth that much. I have never lived any place that you had to pay tax on something unless you were getting a tag and driving it, but each state is different. Maybe they told her it was not something she needed to list. I mean what good would the car do the court? They are not equipped to sell off automobiles. As to the one with the loan, she may have already been in default and with a capital murder charge known it was going back. It sure sounds like she is indigent.
Oh I understand where your coming from. But we have some crazy crap here. Could be 1980's? when they stopped it, but used to we had to assess the furniture, TV's stuff in your home! Yep, pay freaking taxes on stuff you already have and paid tax on to buy! CRAZY! Now you have to pay sales tax on USED veh, within a certain $. Crazy, if that car is sold x times, that car owners pay sales tax on that same car til the value is under a certain $ !

I sure they have someone to help prepare the paperwork. How to prepare it just right too. "technically" she wouldn't have her children as someone needing her care because the dad has temp custody. But would she list them? Just thinking out loud. She would also have child support owing now. So that my curiosity and absolutely none of my business. I did read on that Public Defender that any State Tax refund would be intercepted as well as any other kinds of settlements would be taken to pay for the use of Public Defender. Glad to know that.

This was the girlfriend that he had living with him back this time last year. I can't remember her name, maybe Ashley but I know he saw her off and on until March, because that is the girl he was talking to in the comments about her not caring about him and someone said, well get your car back and the girl responded that she had already given it back. She is the same girl that her ex came over to their house and AL filed that police report on. His name was Jessie. It is sad I know this but I read that FB page of his from page to page. Ha.

Yep I think you're right. It was Ashley and Jessie. Man was he with Ashley in March then MARRYING CL in April?? Short courtship!

I believe the $$ AL got in the prison settlement was $59K, no? Stuck in my head.

When he scanned his YouTube video camera over to the 2 cars of his in the driveway - on that famous "super stealth" YouTube he made where he avoided showing his face (hahahaha!) - he made it sound like the entertainment center, the laptop, the 2 cars ...like all of them were hot goods he had acquired, in the way he kept saying thank you to Walmart and the retailers, very tongue in cheek. Since it was all in the same video where he was teaching people how to steal things.

I wonder if CL saw all of his prolific thievery YouTubes?

I would imagine she is indigent. After quitting her job, IIRC, the only money coming in to the household (legally, anyway) was child support and money for college. Nursing school, at least here, is expensive and probably ate up much of the college money. So, that leaves child support to pay rent, utilities, cell phone bills, etc. for two adults and a teen. I don't imagine she had a lot left each month to sock away.

As for the prison food, I remember seeing AL make a comment (maybe on a FB pic?) about having gained weight during his last stint inside. While the caloric intake may not be extreme, weight gain or loss is all about energy balance. If you take in more calories than you burn, you will gain. Many people gain weight in prison because they do a whole lot of sitting around vs moving around. Add in the snacks from the commissary and weight gain is even more likely.

Oh I understand where your coming from. But we have some crazy crap here. Could be 1980's? when they stopped it, but used to we had to assess the furniture, TV's stuff in your home! Yep, pay freaking taxes on stuff you already have and paid tax on to buy! CRAZY! Now you have to pay sales tax on USED veh, within a certain $. Crazy, if that car is sold x times, that car owners pay sales tax on that same car til the value is under a certain $ !

It is amazing how different things are in different states. I am from GA and my car tag there is $450, with all the extra's they tack on. Here in TN it is $24 because we don't have a state tax. Crazy.

Yep I think you're right. It was Ashley and Jessie. Man was he with Ashley in March then MARRYING CL in April?? Short courtship!

I believe the $$ AL got in the prison settlement was $59K, no? Stuck in my head.

When he scanned his YouTube video camera over to the 2 cars of his in the driveway - on that famous "super stealth" YouTube he made where he avoided showing his face (hahahaha!) - he made it sound like the entertainment center, the laptop, the 2 cars ...like all of them were hot goods he had acquired, in the way he kept saying thank you to Walmart and the retailers, very tongue in cheek. Since it was all in the same video where he was teaching people how to steal things.

I didn't even understand why it was important to him that he even make that video. Yep he had been in Mexico for two years. LOL Showing his hands and thanking the stores. He sure was cocky.

You are probably correct on the money, whatever he got was too much. I still can't believe they settled out of court with him. He basically got paid over $27,000 for each year he was in prison for those two years.

It is amazing how different things are in different states. I am from GA and my car tag there is $450, with all the extra's they tack on. Here in TN it is $24 because we don't have a state tax. Crazy.

I know! Talking with a friend in Florida. Gosh don't quote me but I think her DL is around $50 for 4 yrs. Ours is $20 for 4 yrs. We all live in the United States but all our States have different rules haha

There were pictures on her Facebook wearing shorts and sitting in a car this past summer where she was bony skinny and had bruises on her legs. Her face now and at the time of her arrest, is much more filled out than if you look at pics of her and AL or those pics from summer. IMO

I didn't see that pic, but in general I think her face is fuller than the rest of her body. What I mean, is when you see just a pic of her face she looks like she could be a somewhat overweight woman, but the weight I saw from her arrest (125 I think?) clearly indicates she is not. I remember being surprised by that because I think she just looks heavier than that. The camera adds pounds, though, so it can be deceiving just judging pics of her. Nearly all of us have never seen her in person.

I didn't see that pic, but in general I think her face is fuller than the rest of her body. What I mean, is when you see just a pic of her face she looks like she could be a somewhat overweight woman, but the weight I saw from her arrest (125 I think?) clearly indicates she is not. I remember being surprised by that because I think she just looks heavier than that. The camera adds pounds, though, so it can be deceiving just judging pics of her. Nearly all of us have never seen her in person.
I think camera angle and makeup has some to do with it. The one from the last hearing her face does looks a little fuller. But could be stress or that time of month, fluid retention many things.

Again, I will respectfully say, all the media have stated incorrect or misstatements. I believe this is the nature of the beast in todays media world. Be the first to break the story, no matter if they have all the facts. One of the news stations kept saying the lock was missing, in Officer Purifoy stment the night BC was reported missing he said KEY not there. Also, what is on the Assessed Veh, could be what had at the time but doesn't mean what he had at the time arrested. I know here in AR we have to assess personal property by a certain date. We are one of the few states I believe that still has personal property taxes. It was stated that CL had a certain type veh by NJ (don't remember what kind) but she possibly didn't have credit to get and its in someone else name and she made the payments. That is reasonable, happens to a lot of people. And the part of him having or not having a gun on him when arrested. We also don't know that for sure. There is a lot we I say WE as in public in general. The media prob have some type stuff FOIA or possible contacts/off the records. I don't know.

I never said CL did not have credit or her Brown SUV was in someone else's name. That is untrue. The 2012 Fusion was what AL wrecked.

Well we know he had the Ford Focus, because that is what he wrecked. I understand your right to believe whatever you want but I am not going to base my opinion of this case or any others, based on the media or he said/she said. She may have killed BC but all I am saying is I have not seen one shred of evidence at all. I am just stating that I personally have read everything I can get my hands on and I have seen nothing about a gun that he had on his person. Also thinking about it, they showed a burgundy car parked in AL/CL driveway and that was not what CL drove, so that car was probably the Malibu. I would have to go back and look at the pictures to tell.

Burgandy or Red car belonged to CL. It was her old car before she bought the SUV.

Instructions: Listed below are the vehicles assessed on your account last year.
Those were the veh he assessed or had last year. If he hasn't assessed (late after May) then he will still show up that he still has. Depending say, he sold the other veh that he didn't wrectk, if he doesn't call and get it taken off his assessment, he will have to pay property tax on it. Its crazy and I have lived her whole life. If say his tags weren't due on the Fusion, most likely he still showing on there. I know many who don't assess til they go to renew their tags. Do it all at same time. So I personally don't take ALOT of stock that he still owned 2 veh unless one was CL. OR maybe NJ knows if he still owned both veh. Thanks for link.

I had not seen the black malibu in the driveway in sometime so he may have sold it. He did still have the silverish/blackish gray ford fusion and that was what he wrecked. I'm still trying to find the gray truck. I want to know about that truck.

I never said CL did not have credit or her Brown SUV was in someone else's name. That is untrue. The 2012 Fusion was what AL wrecked.

I didn't say you said she didn't have credit or it was in someone else name. I was saying you said she had a certain type veh and I couldn't remember what kind. We found where she had it after that comment. It was listed in under Crystal H Lowery Jackson.
After re reading it does seem I implied you said that, but not what I ment. I am sorry, I will go back and edit that comment as well.

arkansasmimi Wonder what else you will find if you use Crystal Jackson? Also wonder why she was still using that name?

I think the assessors office just leaves all the names on there. I know that is the case with my own. My ex husband's name still shows up as one of my last names even though I have not used that name in years. Maybe you have to go there and take divorce papers and change it but they just added my new last name to that name without even asking me. I think they got the new last name when I assessed new vehicle because that was name financed in. Probably just another mistake not her trying to be shady.

Yes, I looked up the bus stop stuff few days ago. I forgot there was a bus stop right there at the hosp. Prob runs ever few min. It also runs that route on Sunday and evenings. ... yeppers ;)

Good place to wait for CL to pick him up but she was being arrested for theft when he was waiting...

I believe CL picked him up from the hospital, took him to Alexander to steal dump truck after they made a plan...they moved Beverly's body to the Cement plant in Cabot using the dump truck ..CL was supposed to pick AL up in West Little Rock, that would make it look like he only went south to steal dump truck and back to the area a few miles from hospital where he ran from.. While he was waiting for CL he was seen by normal everyday people and identified then chased..I do not believe LE had an extended search looking for AL in that area..

LE must have suspected the same after they arrested him as they were searching the plant in Jacksonville before they went to Cabot where they found Beverly.... LE was taking pictures of the dump part of the dump truck ... wonder what they found to take pictures of??

If she still owes on it, its probably been repo'd by now. Unless someone is making the payments for her.

BINGO. It's gone. I know this for FACT. I know the friend that handled turning it in for her. No way to make payment so it had to go back to finance company.

OK this could fall under the rumor category, maybe NJ or Butler could enlighten us on the subject, but on the Prayers for Beverly fb page someone had posted that they were reading AL's fb just before it was taken down and that he went on about "how he had to buy her a car because the father of her children took it and couldn't believe anyone would do that to a mother" Could be just rumor.
ETA:I just looked back at it. Posted under a 9/30 comment and the poster may have been referring to AL's former wife. (He had another wife at the end of 2013??.. I cannot keep up with all these multiple marriages and kids every so many months with this cast of characters) Anyways, she said just prior to the car comment: "I was on it last night wherein he seemed to be in love and "married" to someone else at the end of 2013."

CL and AL were not together at end of 2013 so this has to be someone else he is talking about. As to the 4/20 marriage date it was not a special date they picked. Just when they "got around" to getting married. She almost backed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member