GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help finding a link please...I remember an interview by a neighbor that mentioned LE had been at AL and CL's house numerous times for issues, does anyone else remember this?

Mods, please delete if this isn't allowed to be asked or questioned.

Ima, I have a question re #4. ("no pics of anyone not involved in the case")

Confused again! The photos of Shanyw's beautiful son, not involved in the case, are permitted - which I wholly agree with, yet the video of Beverly's celebration of life that we were also all so moved by - was unpermitted & deleted, and I'm not clear why? As were all the subsequent glowing comments people had for the victim and her loved ones, all removed. On a victim friendly site. I'd like to continue to focus on Beverly in a manner that won't offend anyone, but having trouble understanding how. In the event any friends or family might peek in here I would love them to find that there are a group of strangers out there who still feel for their grief and tribulations and are supportive of them still. Instead of them finding back and forth bickering of just how innocent or guilty people think her accused killers are. A plea for the victim here.

I hope I explained this above. I'm very victim friendly ConnectZDots, and the only reason I removed the pic of Beverly which was a great pic by the way, it did have others in it as well. The You Tube Video is fine though. and of course Shanyw's son is permitted. Thank you for sharing your son with us Shanyw :hug:

Ima

After the holidays, when I have some spare time, I am going to research how many cases in the US there have been where someone was charged with Capital Murder and Kidnapping and the charges were later dropped, or lessened, and/or those charged found not guilty. I will report in with my results once my mission has been completed.

If any of you are fortunate to have someone in the LE field, homicide investigation etc. and you are able to do so, please take the time and ask them some questions because I have and what I have learned is a wealth of information.

If not, and you are interested in following another case, the Christina Morris thread is a very interesting case to follow.

LE did "trash pulls" on the suspect's trash at their home and they were able to obtain items that it appears will be very helpful to the case against the person jailed and charged in relation to her disappearance.

ETA: And these "trash pulls" were made before the subject was arrested and it sounds as if and my Guess is that family and/or suspect was not even aware these trash pulls took place.

Need help finding a link please...I remember an interview by a neighbor that mentioned LE had been at AL and CL's house numerous times for issues, does anyone else remember this?

Mods, please delete if this isn't allowed to be asked or questioned.

Carter’s murder came after Lewis had been arguing with his 38 year old wife Crystal Lowery at their home in Jacksonville, Arkansas.

The argument got so heated police were called, according to two neighbour interviewed by MailOnline.

'All I could hear was doors slamming and lots of screaming and shouting,' said one neighbour who asked not to be named. 'It was awful. Someone else called the police because it was going on for so long.'

The neighbour said Lewis and his wife and lived in the house for almost a year – and described their relationship as 'very volatile.''They were always arguing and seem to be at each other’s throats.'

I think you might be having technical difficulties, zdots. No link is showing up on my screen, but I'm on Tapatalk app. I'm pretty sure that same tribute video was posted right after her funeral. It seems like I'm the one who posted it too? I need some sleep. lol

No technical problems here Kay Kay, all is good. The link is there on both posts. The one with and one without the embedded video. The video may well have been posted earlier - i dont have a lot of time to see everything and as i said, admit I've missed a lot....And I said I was surprised when so many hadn't seen it yet! Or maybe yours was removed also. Anyways, there it is again for review and hopefully after review there wont be a reason to take it down. :) thanks!

And this is the video, with the link -- the image you saw on the page and I believe thought was a photo.

[video=youtube;BOBbnnerccY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBbnnerccY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBbnnerccY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For sure all of the most touching and wonderful sentiments for Beverly's family about this touching video are no longer part of the history of this thread. I will try to say again what I said, because I think it is important for Beverly's family and everyone out there to know, honestly.

Beverly seemed to love and be loved by everyone! No one had the right to violate her and take her away from her family or this world. She did not deserve to be disrespected. Although it will never bring her back, I hope whoever is responsible never sees the light of day again. No one has the right to take another human's life. No one. Once you take a life out of sheer selfishness, you no longer deserve to be around others who you can harm. May Beverly's family find a peace that I would probably have a hard time finding. May they find some way to fill the huge emptiness they will feel this Christmas. And may we give The Carters all of the love, respect and support a victim friendly community can possibly offer, including be able to see our kind words about her.

I think you might be having technical difficulties, zdots. No link is showing up on my screen, but I'm on Tapatalk app. I'm pretty sure that same tribute video was posted right after her funeral. It seems like I'm the one who posted it too? I need some sleep. lol

I see the video and the link

CL went voluntarily to the police station (after leaving the hospital) to answer questions on Sunday, Sept. 28. She was not under arrest at that time. I do not know how long she was there. I do not know what they asked her.... I just know the police asked her for access to her phone (which she gave them at the hospital) and that she complied when asked to come in and answer questions. It was during this time that her house was searched for the first time. CL was arrested the next day Monday the 29th at approx 10:00 am....that was when she was taken in and "formally questioned"....she was released later that night sometime between 8-10pm.

NJ-I know we've been over this a thousand times...I'm sure you will confirm.

Out of curiosity...

1. The police searched CL's house for the first time on Sunday
2. But, they didn't find Beverly's phone until they searched her house on Monday? (Is that correct?)

IF the cell phone wasn't found until Monday's search... my question would be "Why?" Why didn't they find it on Sunday. From what I remember, it was sitting on top of clothes in a laundry basket in plain site (not hidden.)

IF they did find Beverly's cell phone during the Sunday search... and it was an important piece of the puzzle that caused CL to be arrested... than why did they wait so long to arrest her?

I'm just confused on that point. Anyone have thoughts about it or facts about it.
Thanks

Well at least I CAN do 'quick reply' option and I know enough manual coding to get by, so that's ok.

Back on topic. I went to show the house today with the new client who was a referral from a very close, long term client and friend, and he knew this woman (the new client) well... so I didn't feel any sense of danger at all of course. However it occurred to me, had I received a cold call from a stranger to show a home....if it was a woman calling, (right or wrong) ...I'd be far less likely to feel any impending threat from taking the meeting.... As opposed to a man.

Than I was thinking about how LE referred to the call to Beverly being made from a couple, saying they were from Russleville, right? Then I got thinking this could be where CL steps in and implicates herself in the crime up front, as opposed to the back end after the fact. Maybe he had HER place the call to set the original appointment thinking too it might increase his odds of getting Beverly to agree. Maybe he had HER say she was a referral from the cheer school and throw out names of a few moms in common, mutual friends from the school, to put her at ease. Maybe Beverly wouldn't feel a threat going to meet a fellow cheer Mom and her hubby to show a vacant house at sundown, or less of a threat. I know that would be far more likely to happen with me if a woman called as opposed to a man. AL could have lied to get her to do it or told the truth, who knows. He seems to be a habitual liar. But if there was phone evidence of HER setting the appointment.... ??

Just an idea. And if it's already been posted, just ignore! I do miss things occasionally. ;)

Out of curiosity...

2. But, they didn't find Beverly's phone until they searched her house on Monday? (Is that correct?)

IF the cell phone wasn't found until Monday's search... my question would be "Why?" Why didn't they find it on Sunday. From what I remember, it was sitting on top of clothes in a laundry basket in plain site (not hidden.)

IF they did find Beverly's cell phone during the Sunday search... and it was an important piece of the puzzle that caused CL to be arrested... than why did they wait so long to arrest her?

I'm just confused on that point. Anyone have thoughts about it or facts about it.
Thanks

I'm not much help in answering your questions but I'm sure others here will be able to. The only thing I do remember (IIRC) being said here is Beverly's phone was found on top of a dresser laying on CL's dirty panties. I hope that helps.

When did he admit to kidnapping her? I must have missed that. The interview I saw with him he stated that he didn't kidnap her but that she went willingly. Not that I believe that at all, because we all know people lie to get out of a jam, but I'd like to see where he admitted that. Not calling you out, really I'm not, but could you point me in the right direction?

I don't think I have ever "seen" anything where he specifically stated that he (AL) kidnapped Beverly. He has made statements (paraphrasing) that the last time he saw her she was alive, and supposedly in court, he said he wanted to plead guilty and just get it over with. But, I don't know if that was actually something that he may have told LE during their interrogations?

Do we know whether it was or wasn't seized? Do we know if this person was or wasn't questioned? Until LE releases information either way, I'm not convinced. There is a lot of evidence and information that has not been released (for obvious reasons) and once it is released, many people (IMO) will be grasping at straws for answers.

I'm confused. What vehicle are you talking about being seized and who was questioned? I'm lost on this post sorry.

Out of curiosity...

Thanks

Phone was found Sunday in her bedroom on top of dirty underwear.

We don't know that was an important piece of the puzzle that caused CL to be arrested for sure. We can only go by what was reported by media and what little has been released by LE. CL was arrested on Monday for theft by receiving to do with the phone being at her home.

I'm confused. What vehicle are you talking about being seized and who was questioned? I'm lost on this post sorry.

I was responding to the post below which is post #612 on December 21, 2014 which says the following:

Well this is an interesting theory, however if they thought a specific vehicle was involved, wouldn't they have seized it to search for evidence?

Originally Posted by NWLady View Post
Do we know whether it was or wasn't seized? Do we know if this person was or wasn't questioned? Until LE releases information either way, I'm not convinced. There is a lot of evidence and information that has not been released (for obvious reasons) and once it is released, many people (IMO) will be grasping at straws for answers.

I did NOT say any vehicle WAS seized and I did NOT say anyone WAS questioned.

I don't think I have ever "seen" anything where he specifically stated that he (AL) kidnapped Beverly. He has made statements (paraphrasing) that the last time he saw her she was alive, and supposedly in court, he said he wanted to plead guilty and just get it over with. But, I don't know if that was actually something that he may have told LE during their interrogations?

Here is a link that talks about AL admitting that he abducted Beverly. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/arrest-report-suspect-admitted-abducting-ark-realtor/

I was responding to the post below which is post #612 on December 21, 2014 which says the following:

Well this is an interesting theory, however if they thought a specific vehicle was involved, wouldn't they have seized it to search for evidence?

Originally Posted by NWLady View Post

I did NOT say any vehicle WAS seized and I did NOT say anyone WAS questioned.

And I'm in NO way stating you said anything. I was simply asking a question about what you were saying because I was confused. I thought I made that clear in my original post but please forgive me if I didn't, I see how what I posted could be confusing as well.

I just wondered what vehicle was being discussed and questioned if it was seized or not and who it was that was possibly questioned? The reason I was asking was that I know CL's vehicle was seized for about a week or so when she was arrested on October 30th. I was trying to be helpful and answer the question if it was about CL's vehicle.

Here is another case in Arkansas that was on going for some time (I remember it in the news being discussed for awhile before it went to court and before the wife was ever charged). It's a case where the wife was accused of setting the husband up to be killed. Her father and other men were convicted of the killing. The wife was charged but she pled to lesser charge in a plea deal. Here is the link to that case.

There are other cases out there too where murder was charged but someone pled to lesser charges.

http://www.kait8.com/story/25301348...apprehension-in-connection-to-husbands-murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4