GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have definitely not seen this article.
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...-memory-on-the-f/14864/nGfmCjrV7UWlHNdymFFWTg

The photo of a tearful 11-year-old with the text "Remember Beverly" on his football helmet is putting a face to the hurt and loss being experienced by the friends and family of murdered realtor Beverly Carter.

"People need to see that young people are hurting too," Mike told KARK. "Put it on the news for everyone to see."

You can turn off the signatures in your settings.

Settings ---->general settings----->Thread display options---->visible post elements----->uncheck "display signatures"

Thank you for the early Christmas gift! I just did it. Brilliant! I am ever so grateful. :heartbeat:

Continued from Nancy Grace transcript:

This sounds about right to me for him! I am still not convinced that he didnt imagine a relationship and tell Crystal he was having a relationship with an agent. Maybe he didn't even name one. Not convinced that did happen, just not convinced it didn't, either. **OPINION ALERT**
I think what happens is he finds a beautiful woman, he gets obsessed, he imagines there`s a special relationship, and then he punishes her for having, in his mind, rejected him.

I hate putting this part. The part I was looking for. Considering they had a closed casket and no one ever saw her again (including family) since she was alive, it makes me think her body was in pretty bad condition. That she "went through" some serious stuff:
It`s definitely going to be something where maybe just the family is going to take a look at her. There could be a closed casket for everyone else, but her close family members, husband and children maybe will get to view her. It just depends what extent she is disfigured from everything that she went through... You`ve got to sew everything up. You`ve got to put everything back together as best as you possibly can. And it`s pretty challenging with an autopsy, and especially for -- with what Beverly went through, it`s going to be very challenging.

I am so sorry that you had to endure fear as your last moments, Beverly. You deserved to be putting smiles on your family's faces, like you always did.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...-arkansas-realtor-pleads-not-guilty/18235889/

Crystal Hope Lowery, 41, pleaded not guilty to charges of capital murder and kidnapping. The video arraignment was at the request of her attorney Rick Holliman, who also declined to ask for bond because of the severity of the charges.

Holliman said he's been Lowery's attorney since about 10 days after Carter's body was found.

I think this was the attorney we discussed. Apparently, according to him, he was at least representing her in the charges for some period of time. It also discusses why he did not ask for bond, which we also discussed.

DISCLAIMER ALERT***: I do not know if this has changed. I do not remember if this was said to be not accurate. I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am just going through some articles I don't remember seeing and posting info I find a little interesting, at least to me.
Yes, he is the attorney that was discussed. Very confusing, for sure.

Holiman is still showing on the Court docket
Case ID: PCS-14-6992 - STATE V CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY Filing Date: Monday , September 29th, 2014 Court: 60 - PULASKI Location: PC - PULASKI COUNTY DISTRICT COURT Type: WO - COUNTY ARREST WARRANT Status: HEARING - HEARING HELD
Seq # Assoc End Date Type ID Name 3
ATTORNEY 1002396 HOLIMAN, RICHARD E Aliases: HOLIMAN, RICHARD E. 1
JUDGE 11315936 DISTRICT JUDGE OF PULASKI COUNTY Aliases: none 2
DEFENDANT 2910554 LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE Aliases: none 4
ATTORNEY 1004138 QUALLS, STEVEN BRET Aliases: QUALLS, BRET
Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea:
5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14
Violation Time:

Snippet:
"The attorney that came into play after this all started (meaning the theft by receiving charges) is a criminal attorney not a divorce attorney and someone another friend was able to get to take the case because that person knew him." http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11165285#post11165285

We have been told a couple of times that Holiman was Pro Bono.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11238472#post11238472

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...-arkansas-realtor-pleads-not-guilty/18235889/

Crystal Hope Lowery, 41, pleaded not guilty to charges of capital murder and kidnapping. The video arraignment was at the request of her attorney Rick Holliman, who also declined to ask for bond because of the severity of the charges.

Holliman said he's been Lowery's attorney since about 10 days after Carter's body was found.

I think this was the attorney we discussed. Apparently, according to him, he was at least representing her in the charges for some period of time. It also discusses why he did not ask for bond, which we also discussed.

DISCLAIMER ALERT***: I do not know if this has changed. I do not remember if this was said to be not accurate. I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am just going through some articles I don't remember seeing and posting info I find a little interesting, at least to me.

Correct it is not accurate at the present time. He represented her until she was appointed public defender, which happened shortly after she was arrested.

Case ID: PCS-14-6992 - STATE V CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY Filing Date: Monday , September 29th, 2014 Court: 60 - PULASKI Location: PC - PULASKI COUNTY DISTRICT COURT Type: WO - COUNTY ARREST WARRANT Status: HEARING - HEARING HELD
Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Violation Time:

Snippet:
"The attorney that came into play after this all started (meaning the theft by receiving charges) is a criminal attorney not a divorce attorney and someone another friend was able to get to take the case because that person knew him." http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11165285#post11165285

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11238472#post11238472

For some reason BeagleBrd was told as far back as 11/24 that Holiman was stepping back for non payment.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11235061#post11235061

Not calling anyone out but I NEVER said for non-payment (because there was never an agreement for CL to pay him or so she said). If you search the thread you will not find me using those words. I believe he stepped back because this is a capital case and there needed to be capital attorney, this was said to me by someone who talked to CL after she was in jail and was her explanation as to why she was getting new attorney. CL could not afford to pay an attorney who specialized in capital cases so she was appointed a public defender. I understand the link you are providing someone else is saying I said it was for non-payment but they appear to be quoting me by saying NJ said. Maybe that person thought because CL could not afford an attorney that it was for non-payment but that would be their words not mine. There is a difference to me for non-payment vs could not afford. Non-payment implies IMO that someone defaulted on their agreement to pay someone. Could not afford means they can't pay.

Also of note is that we were discussing the custody case and theft by receiving cases when this was being discussed in the links you provided NOT the kidnapping and murder cases.

Here is what I said in one of the links you linked BBM below, for some reason you failed to copy and paste (yet you copied and pasted the first one OUT OF CONTEXT because it fit the point you are trying to make, I assume others were not copied and pasted because they don't fit):

"I don't know if Holiman works pro bono or not. I thought he was working pro bono on CL case because that was what she told me. I doubt she had the money to pay him. How did he get a bond if he had federal charges? I thought with federal charges you were held by the marshall until court? This is confusing. Drug cartel, wow!"

Clearly here in the post you linked I say "I THOUGHT he was working pro bono for CL". Thought being a key word and I clearly say because "she told me". I was giving my opinion like anyone else on this board. So to say "we have been told a couple of times" would imply that I have told this board something as FACT. Told being the key word. See how that works? Thoughts or opinions vs being told? Out of context can twist anyone's words into new meaning.

Please if you are going to quote me DON'T put words in my mouth. Don't copy a link or take part of what I said out of context and imply it says something I DID NOT SAY. This is getting OLD. What you are doing makes it look like I'm saying things I'm not saying and causes others on the board to get upset with me for no reason. Not everyone has time to go back and re-read everything that I have posted in context and will read your post and assume I am not being honest here. You have been doing this for some time now and honestly it's getting OLD. So please I'm asking you for the betterment of this board to please stop.

And please note that the case you have listed in your post is the theft by receiving case NOT the kidnapping and murder case. It clearly shows another attorney's name Steven Brett Qualls after Holiman on this case, so it appears Steven Brett Qualls is the attorney on that case too.

It's there any way the lovely folks here would be willing to shorten their tag lines and keep things easier on the eyes to read? When there are many quotes and tag lines after each posting, especially in multople colors, it makes the thread far less visually pleasing and also makes for less pertinent information on each page of use. Pages move quickly without much on them. JMO and I thank you for the consideration!

I'm also wondering if there is a setting I can tweak to not show all of the thanks a post has received. They make each page that much longer to scroll through. I've searched all around settings but can't find a way to turn them off.

Tweet from a KARK4 News Reporter:
https://twitter.com/KenBuffa/status/518421852570791937

A quote from Beverly's grandchild: "She used to sit on my couch and twirl my hair."

https://twitter.com/KenBuffa/status/518421852570791937
Another grandchild quote: "When we went wakeboarding and I would fall down, she would tell me to get up and try again"

Tweet from news reporter: https://twitter.com/KenBuffa/status/518425643034615809
It was a quote from the priest during Beverly's closed casket funeral that reportedly took over 3.5 hours in a line to get to. The priest talks about good people, bad people, and the world being a better place when we love each other.

News reporter tweet: https://twitter.com/KenBuffa/status/518438613995249665
A photo of Beverly's casket being carried by the men. I can only imagine what is in the hearts of those men who had both the honor and heart breaking task of carrying her to her final resting place.

Sleep In Peace, Beverly. Your worth and memory will not be lost.

*Deep breath* Great finds mpnola, but literally has me in tears this a.m. Her grand's quotes got me! Pass the kleenex!

Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation Time:

Snippet:

For some reason BeagleBrd was told as far back as 11/24 that Holiman was stepping back for non payment.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sing-realtor-5-ARREST&p=11235061#post11235061

I was told that here by NJ, that Holiman was not defending her for the murder and kidnapping. And Holiman is not listed on the document for those charges. She has a public defender.

I was told that here by NJ, that Holiman was not defending her for the murder and kidnapping. And Holiman is not listed on the document for those charges. She has a public defender.

That is my understanding that Holiman is NOT defending Crystal for the murder and kidnapping and that Steven Brett Qualls is the public defender on the case. My guess is that Holiman went to her first court appearance because he was on the theft by receiving case and she needed an attorney immediately to go that day or at least that is my understanding and opinion. I did not say it was for non-payment of fees to Holiman. I have been told that it was because he could not do a capital case or do a capital case pro bono (I honestly do not remember if he is not qualified to do a capital case or if it was because pro bono capital case would take too much time to not get paid). Again this is what I was told and I'm not stating it as fact.

I don't remember reading this. It doesn't mean it wasn't posted!

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...k-real-estate-safety-beverly-carter/18032783/

I thought this was quite interesting:
"There are 25 real estate agent homicides every year in the United States, that's almost one every two weeks. We're paying attention now because it happened close to home."

Yes, true. There was an awful one a long time ago a few blocks from where I live where the agent was sitting an open house and he robbed and shotM killed her. Another one nearby the other direction during an open house where the man ties up the agent (had a gun) and robbed the house but didn't kill her. These were both in very upscale areas and broad daylight. We always think of the outside possibilities in the back of our minds when we go to work ...but Beverly's case has brought it to the forebrain. Maybe part of that is the mystery of not knowing what really happened yet. And just the amazing life force she had and that we all felt.

I have a question that I honestly don't know the answer to, so I'm not being smart are. In a case where diff attorneys are working w 1 person on diff charges, would they discuss and work together? Like, would one benefit from the others knowledge or advice, regardless of technical listing? Serious question. Sorry if its dumb.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...rter-realtor-kidnapping-arron-lewis/16449117/

"A couple of us neighbors noticed that he had lost a great bit of weight, between 10-15 pounds he had lost in the last month," said G.C.

Other than drugs, what would a possible reason be to lose 10-15 pounds in ONE MONTH! After living next door for a year and a half, with apparently pretty stable weight, why the loss in 1 month? Especially since it appears he has returned to a more "normal for him" weight. That would mostly rule sickness out.

"Anyone is capable of anything," said G.C.

Ain't that the truth, honey bear!!!!

It's interesting to add to this the neighbor who said that he had been acting strangely for the past month, "like his head was somewhere different". Acting strange for a month, losing all that weight, the court document where the dtr states he was a meth user. Is it a leap to consider he was possibly on a run of rampant drug use during the month of September?

***Can anyone find the Nancy Grace transcripts about Beverly when speaking to the Mortician/ Embalmer? It likely happened around Oct 2. I have read some things, but need to read the transcript and see it in MSM before I can comment. Thanks for your help!

Off topic- yeeeah, I'm clearly the only one up tonight! :) Sweet dreams, y'all!

UPDATED- Websleuths are good! I found it linked in thread #2. It is definitely worth a re-read:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/02/ng.01.html

Yet another instance of Arron terrorizing or blackmailing with photos:
GRACE: ... get around being blocked. Then when she still won`t have sex with him, he gets pictures of her boyfriend and posts them on all the
phone -- the trees and the -- all over town, a picture of the boyfriend, and says he`s a sex predator!

Another reference to changes that occurred around the time leading up to the murderBut it`s really interesting when you look at the window of time we`re talking about, between May and September of 2014, as if his anger and his rage toward women was escalating, getting hotter and meaner. He was a ticking timebomb.

This does not sound like a small time thief who "accidentally" murdered someone. I do NOT think it was any possibility of an accident anymore:
That`s right, Nancy. She puts in her supporting petition for this protective order that, "He has threatened to physically harm me in the past," and she refers to October of 2010. "He threw me out of my vehicle at 2:00 AM in an unfamiliar neighborhood without cell phone or purse and left me, stating, I hope you get raped."

One note of caution with Nancy Grace, which I'm sure is of no surprise to anyone here but bears keeping in mind....she often exaggerates, shall we say, and embellishes stories for dramatic effect (she would be so deleted at websleuths!) When my friend was murdered, she covered the case and I was interviewed on her show, so speaking from first hand knowledge. Would take her words with some large grains of Himalayan salt.

In other news...water is wet. ;)

I assume it's okay to discuss other cases since I have seen many doing it here. If not Mods please delete. The below link is a case I've been following locally. I find this case interesting because it demonstrates exactly what I've said about LE not always getting things correct and charging an innocent person. In this case the jury didn't even get it right (which has been discussed here too in regards to those being found guilty and years later being exonerated after spending many years in jail). The judge acquitted this person after the jury found him guilty. This case just happened locally this month. Obviously this is not a murder case but other cases that have been discussed here had nothing to do with murder either so I assume this is fine to post:

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/102214/judge-sets-aside-guilty-verdicts-against-john-stacks

what I found most disturbing about the above case was that LE actions cost this man his business and it's rumored he spent $5 million on attorney fees, which is crazy.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/101562/mountain-pure-has-new-owner-after-stacks-conviction

Here is another case I found interesting, exoneration years later, this was a murder case:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...rongly-accused-1975-murder-exonerated-n264821

I am not saying this is the case with CL or AL but there are many cases where LE has tampered with evidence to get someone charged or convicted. It happens more often than I think some of you realize. Again, I'm not implying this is the case here but it is always something to think about when you assume that someone is guilty just because they are charged with a crime. The unfortunate part is that even when these people are exonerated or charges dismissed, the majority of people will still assume that they were obviously guilty because "Why would LE charge them if they were not guilty or they didn't have good evidence on them"? I don't know the answer to that question but we must remember that LE are human just like we are. They make mistakes. Not all LE are dirty just because they accuse someone and that person was innocent, they could have made a mistake. However, there are those cases (too many to name) that LE was dirty and rigged evidence or lied on the stand to convict a person who was later set free. Take this post for what it is worth but I follow a lot of cases and I've read about a lot of cases that have ended up this way.

I would not be surprised if we find out that the evidence is not all that strong against Crystal. JMHO

Time will tell.

There are situations where in exchange for testimony, parties who are extremely involved in the crime...although maybe to a lesser extent than their co-defendant....are able to plea to lesser charges (or no charges) in trade for testimony.

Just because someone is charged with a murder and the charges are later dropped or lessened absolutley has little bearing to do with their actual involvement. Deals are made every day.

On the other hand, there are also those that are charged eroneously and even spend years on death row for crimes they didn't commit. A janitor at my old high school comes to mind.

At the time it happened I thought he was guilty just like everyone else in town. The police don't charge people unless they are guilty...right?

A decade or so later, I'm watching the Geraldo Rivera Show and have a hugh WTHeck moment when I see a case being discussed that sounded familiar. I learned that the newly discovered DNA technolgy exonerated the man....the janitor at my old high school...after years on death row. Sadly, it's pretty clear to see that this situation was racial.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Brandley

I know better than anyone how people are eroneously charged for crimes they did not commit, but on the other hand I also know that people that are guilty as sin plead to lesser charges all the time.

The one thing that both of these situations have on common is that the defendants were arrested and charged very soon after the crimes.

That CL was charged so much after the fact leads me to believe that the police probably did their homework. They arent just defending a knee-jerk arrest. They took time to build their case and check the facts.

Time will tell.

There are situations where in exchange for testimony, parties who are extremely involved in the crime...although maybe to a lesser extent than their co-defendant....are able to plea to lesser charges (or no charges) in trade for testimony.

Just because someone is charged with a murder and the charges are later dropped or lessened absolutley has little bearing to do with their actual involvement. Deals are made every day.

On the other hand, there are also those that are charged eroneously and even spend years on death row for crimes they didn't commit. A janitor at my old high school comes to mind.

At the time it happened I thought he was guilty just like everyone else in town. The police don't charge people unless they are guilty...right?

A decade or so later, I'm watching the Geraldo Rivera Show and have a hugh WTHeck moment when I see a case being discussed that sounded familiar. I learned that the newly discovered DNA technolgy exonerated the man....the janitor at my old high school...after years on death row. Sadly, it's pretty clear to see that this situation was racial.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Brandley

I know better than anyone how people are eroneously charged for crimes they did not commit, but on the other hand I also know that people that are guilty as sin plead to lesser charges all the time.

The one thing that both of these situations have on common is that the defendants were arrested and charged very soon after the crimes.

That CL was charged so much after the fact leads me to believe that the police probably did their homework. They arent just defending a knee-jerk arrest. They took time to build their case and check the facts.

Another thing that makes me think they are right on is that they were on to Aaron and were right! They suspected him (he did not turn himself in) and then he admitted to being there with her. They were right! If they were correct so quickly in the person they suspected, chances are they really have evidence. This is not a situation of wrongly accusing. They accused him. They were correct. I think that is what makes this situation different than the charging an innocent person case. I think it would even be a little different if they thought it was him, arrested him and he denied having any knowledge or part of anything. That didn't happen. They thought it was him. Arrested him. He admitted to kidnapping Beverly. Their evidence quickly led them to exactly the right person. That speaks volumes, to me.

Another thing that makes me think they are right on is that they were on to Aaron and were right! They suspected him (he did not turn himself in) and then he admitted to being there with her. They were right! If they were correct so quickly in the person they suspected, chances are they really have evidence. This is not a situation of wrongly accusing. They accused him. They were correct. I think that is what makes this situation different than the charging an innocent person case. I think it would even be a little different if they thought it was him, arrested him and he denied having any knowledge or part of anything. That didn't happen. They thought it was him. Arrested him. He admitted to kidnapping Beverly. Their evidence quickly led them to exactly the right person. That speaks volumes, to me.

To add to your point, if I may, they got him quickly, were on to him, but he tried to run. On the other hand, we've been told by a VI that CL was being cooperative and trying to keep and/or get her daughter here, so LE wouldn't have been in as big of a rush to arrest her. I don't doubt they were watching her, keeping track of her, though. She just didn't appear to be a flight risk at least at first.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. God Bless. Enjoy your time with your loved ones and let them know how much you appreciate them and love them. Cherish the moments you have.

Just watched the memorial video of Beverly. My heart goes out to all her family who must be struggling to get through their firdt Christmas without Beverley, and especially to her grandchildren, as I cannot imagine how their lives are not torn to pieces without their special grandma around. It makes me sad and angry that those resposible for Beverly's death took this lovely, beautiful, much loved woman from her family, friends and colleagues. How selfish and evil must those responsible be? I only hope that justice comes for Beverly swiftly. Sleep peacefully Beverly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop