GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss something? I haven't seen anyone disrespecting anyone else's voice or opinion. It is my understanding that we don't have to withhold our own viewpoint just because someone among us has a different one. That would make for a very boring forum. I think we can all co-exist, differences of opinions and all.

Yes, and hopefully not try and dictate what people do and do not discuss. IMO, everything that has been discussed in recent days is relevant in some way to this case. Having different points of view and lines of inquiry is a good thing.

I have always said (and I believe) that sleuthing is a good thing. This conversation about lights or no lights = good, productive sleuthing.

Diving into a pattern of behavior exhibited by a suspect, including proclivities, is exactly what a criminal profiler does. I call that productive sleuthing.

Could it be called forensic because they may be called to testify as an expert witness? Ive never heard it called that before.

Diving into a pattern of behavior exhibited by a suspect, including proclivities, is exactly what a criminal profiler does. I call that productive sleuthing.

And IMO one of the most revelatory and intriguing parts of sleuthing. What non-criminal hasn't been curious about what possesses the criminal mind - to make that leap? A tiny bit OT but I stumbled upon an amazing article in GQ chronicalling the Craig's List murders from 2011 in great (6 pg) detail and the glimpse into those 2 men was fascinating and ghoulish. The reason that's somewhat related is the inherent danger today whenever you post online and agree to meet strangers for an exchange of any kind - Craig's list or swinger sites, no matter- you're taking a big risk. Anyone who reads or listens to the news knows this. Which falls back into risk-taking dangerous behavior patterns.

Since the defense ordered this he will be diagnosed a loony tune.

I don't think he's insane....or any of the other 21st century acronyms they've invented to describe it. I think he's just conniving and sociopathic. And lazy. And a liar. And a con. And a creep. And a perv. Otherwise, I'm sure he's a great guy!

I think my big items to learn more about now are... 3rd party or not? Drugs involved or not? What does AL have on his phone? When did CL get involved in the timeline? And of course- what was the original plan?

Oh by the way, we had a big arrest out here today and a freeway closure. A geoup of young guys were apparently driving recklessly, doing Fast & Furious genre stunts on the freeway... ENDANGERING OTHER DRIVERS - and the police went in and arrested them all. Was early AM I believe. Behavior patterns...

Oh by the way, we had a big arrest out here today and a freeway closure. A geoup of young guys were apparently driving recklessly, doing Fast & Furious genre stunts on the freeway... ENDANGERING OTHER DRIVERS - and the police went in and arrested them all. Was early AM I believe. Behavior patterns...

Well, in my area too! Hello, neighbor. :)

"Lewis appeared first in the courtroom. He entered a plea of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect to charges of capital murder and kidnapping in the death of Beverly Carter, 50. " http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/...ect-in-realtor-k/25635/V02LyEdNP0mpNB1feGdP3A

"Lewis has an 11-year-old criminal record with arrests in six states, including Arkansas, and convictions for robbery, transporting stolen vehicles and theft. But there's no indication he's ever been found to be mentally ill in any of those cases. He has been ordered to undergo counseling for drug abuse and mental health before, court records show. The psychological counseling was a requirement of his 2007 conviction for a federal probation violation.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...test-20141204/

AL pleading NG by reason of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect ~ JMO, that's saying they don't dispute he did it but that he didn't know what he was doing at the time it occurred. If what the article from Ark Dem Gaz says is true, about having already been ordered to undergo drug abuse and mental health counseling in the past, the Def is going to argue this hard. Just my opinion..

CL Attorney, iirc, asked for her next court date to coincide with AL Feb hearing to see how things are progressing. The Mental Eval will take along time. Curious how CL defense will go. Will or can she keep asking for continuances til they know some results on AL eval? Will be interesting.

I will try to say this as delicately as possible because I don't want to break any rules but it is getting really frustrating on this site. There are many of us here and we don't all feel the same way but I am starting to feel that I am in the minority here and that my opinion is not valued as a result.

I truly believe people can change, criminals can be rehabilitated, addicts can be cured. I also believe that our society is way too sensitive in behaviors it deems "harmful" or problematic. In my opinion, many of the things being said about CL to point to why she *MUST* be guilty of capital murder have nothing to do with what she is charged with.

For example, I don't think it is a problem ***in and of itself*** that she let a 7-time felon in her life. That, in and of itself wouldn't have necessarily been an issue based on my belief that people CAN change. Before you all jump on me and make me feel like carp for that opinion, please allow me to explain. The problem lies, not in the fact that he was a criminal, but that she didn't take the time to verify that he HAD actually changed. Then once she realized that she made a mistake, she should have done everything possible to remove him from her life but that may not have been as easy as we would all like to think it is.

I will stand by what I have consistently said over and over again here. I will give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. I will assume that CL MIGHT BE innocent until we see evidence otherwise. I know that isn't likely, but it might be true. None of us have seen solid evidence at this point and digging up any dirt we can on her doesn't link her directly to this crime.

I am sorry for what happened to BC. I am sorry that there is crime in this world. I am sorry that horrible things happen to good people. But I also know that sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes good people do terrible things because they get dragged in somehow. That doesn't make them bad people. They are still good people who got dragged down. And sometimes the good guys aren't the good guys. Sometimes LE gets it wrong.

I am here on this site because I want to help sleuth the truth, find out what really happened and how to prevent it in the future. I hope that our voices can save just one. Passing judgment and gossip will not do that. And I would ask that I am respected for my voice and my opinion even though others may find it wrong or disagree.

I believe in 2nd chances, too, especially for non-violent criminals, but to my knowledge, he had done nothing to demonstrate or prove he had reformed or begun to change his former ways except to admit he was a 7-time felon. As they say, talk is cheap and he gives the impression of a frequent liar.

JMO

TKL123...

If you can't answer this question I understand but I guess I don't know unless I ask. Has it ever been confirmed (by other than Crystal's friends) that Crystal was at "clinicals" the night Beverly was kidnapped?

And IMO one of the most revelatory and intriguing parts of sleuthing. What non-criminal hasn't been curious about what possesses the criminal mind - to make that leap? A tiny bit OT but I stumbled upon an amazing article in GQ chronicalling the Craig's List murders from 2011 in great (6 pg) detail and the glimpse into those 2 men was fascinating and ghoulish. The reason that's somewhat related is the inherent danger today whenever you post online and agree to meet strangers for an exchange of any kind - Craig's list or swinger sites, no matter- you're taking a big risk. Anyone who reads or listens to the news knows this. Which falls back into risk-taking dangerous behavior patterns.

I disagree. I have used Craigslist and other online sites including online dating. That doesn't mean I am a risk-taker. It just means I like to buy things cheap and I like meeting people outside of a bar setting.

I don't think he's insane....or any of the other 21st century acronyms they've invented to describe it. I think he's just conniving and sociopathic. And lazy. And a liar. And a con. And a creep. And a perv. Otherwise, I'm sure he's a great guy!

I think my big items to learn more about now are... 3rd party or not? Drugs involved or not? What does AL have on his phone? When did CL get involved in the timeline? And of course- what was the original plan?

With all due respect, sociopathy is a mental illness, which would make him "technically" insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle