GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes cell phones can receive calls from the jails & prison ....
He could have *borrowed* stamps and paper, that has been done ...

I don't think they are allowed actual stamps. All of the correspondence that has been shown from AL, is stamped with a postage meter. So, this is why I believe he had to have actual money in the account. A lot of prisons do that for safety so that prisoners can't be bullied for their stamps.

I just looked it up, and it said not all carriers allow collect calls, especially from jails. So, I guess it depends on the carrier. It also said some have to get a special line for prison calls that are prepaid.

Great thing about this board is we don't have to agree. I believe he will have just as many women sending him money, as Scott Peterson, the Mendez brothers and some of the West Memphis Three just to name a few. Even the gal CL was arguing with on IG said she didn't want to give up on him, even being told all she was about him. If Casey Anthony had as many fans as she did, then you can bet AL will too. All respectfully my opinion.

I have a letter from prison showing how an inmate was able to make calls & send letters even that particular letter he sent- with NO MONEY on his books...
No matter what you say to try to sway my opinion I elect to stay firm with my opinion ... .. ;)

I have a letter from prison showing how an inmate was able to make calls & send letters even that particular letter he sent- with NO MONEY on his books...
No matter what you say to try to sway my opinion I elect to stay firm with my opinion ... .. ;)
So do I. I guess all prisons are different, because I know what I know to be true as well. My church goes every month to visit them and here they are not allowed to send any mail without money for postage. Who is paying for the postage for your inmate then?

Off subject but over the last 24 hours, I've worked with an organization delivering Christmas gifts to children who have a parent that is incarcerated. These gifts are requested by the inmates in February, caretakers are called in October to see what the kids needs are (some just requested diapers) and gifts are purchased and delivered in December.

As I delivered last night (husband went with me), one mom opened the door with her three kids. The little kids said "what are these?" referring to the gifts. The mom said "these are from your dad". In that moment, I immediately thought about AL and CL and their children. I felt a new sadness for their children and the other kids out there with parents incarcerated. I realize it's because of bad choice but when you look into the eyes of their kids, you'd have to be heartless not to feel for them. They are victims too and what they have to come to know as normal -- just isn't. It is my hope & prayer that those children I delivered to last night and today (many being raised by their grandmother) would choose another path - another way of life and break the cycle.

The other thing was I had to make a delivery not too far from the house that Bev was taken from. I drove down Baucum Pike Road and I thought about Beverly again - remembering that her phone had pinged on that road.

I know this doesn't add anything to the sleuthing part of this board but just wanted to share. I can't get away from this case even when I take time off to do community service! RIP Beverly~

AL and CL have no children.

So do I. I guess all prisons are different, because I know what I know to be true as well. My church goes every month to visit them and here they are not allowed to send any mail without money for postage. Who is paying for the postage for your inmate then?

They can make calls but only collect, unless to their attorney.

Forgot to add this letter came from Tucker .....

Yes together. It just makes me mad when people call my children his. Just a pet peeve.

They are yours, sweetness. You and they deserve all of the respect and compassion any community could possibly pour on y'all! Mad respect to you for doing a stand up job in the light of some horrific events. I sincerely hope that underneath the cloud that has been placed over y'all, no fault of your own, you all find happiness and sparkle this holiday season! Just knowing both of your kids are safe under your roof is amazing, I can imagine.

Not GREAT, but I do my best for my children. It should no be considered great to protect, provide, and care for ones children. It should just be the standard.

Not GREAT, but I do my best for my children. It should no be considered great to protect, provide, and care for ones children. It should just be the standard.

And that is just what makes you great. You do more than that and you do not expect kudos for the basics. They are lucky to have you. And can I say... thank GOODNESS they have another parent outside the 2 of them! I can't even imagine losing both parents to prison.

So are you saying this was done under the table? Even Tucker's handbook says all calls must be collect.

Really ?? ... I can assure you that IF that was the case being done under the table I would not have this letter - the warden would ....

Please do not put words in my mouth, I never said that nor implied it...

Can you make collect calls to cell phones? I have no clue but just know all prison calls are collect. I wouldn't think he could have sent anyone anything until after whatever day he got money, because he would not have had stamp money on his account.

Cell phones to my knowledge can't accept collect calls. Calls from the jail require a pre-paid card either that the inmate purchases or the person accepting the call purchases in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle