GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ?? ... I can assure you that IF that was the case being done under the table I would not have this letter - the warden would ....

Please do not put words in my mouth, I never said that nor implied it...
I just wasn't sure what you meant. Someone somewhere is paying for these services. The Tucker handbook says to be called you must be on the prisoners call list, which has to be approved and all calls are collect. I have just never heard of a prison or jail that doesn't require collect calls.

I just wasn't sure what you meant. Someone somewhere is paying for these services. The Tucker handbook says to be called you must be on the prisoners call list, which has to be approved and all calls are collect. I have just never heard of a prison or jail that doesn't require collect calls.

We must be talking about 2 different things-- i know and understand what and how tuckers services work.
Not sure where the collect calls part came from I do not remember saying his calls are not collect or how he was making them..

<Mod Snip>

I have a letter from prison showing how an inmate was able to make calls & send letters even that particular letter he sent- with NO MONEY on his books...
No matter what you say to try to sway my opinion I elect to stay firm with my opinion ... .. ;)

I was never trying to put words in your mouth. But this wording (BBM) was confusing to me. You stated you have a letter showing how calls are made, when a prisoner has no funds to make calls. Someone somewhere is paying for calls and postage was my only point.

have no clue , am confused also

You stated that you had a letter showing you how calls and mail was sent out without the inmate having funds. Someone is paying for those, was all I was saying. The prison doesn't pay for mail and phone calls. Maybe you didn't mean to type what you did.

I am sure this will not be a popular post, but I am not here to win a popularity contest. Even if CL did put money on his account. I can't say I wouldn't do the same. I don't care what my husband is accused of, until I have proof he did commit a crime, then I am supporting him. Many of you act like the moment someone is arrested they need to be shunned and never supported again. Obviously my husband is nothing like AL but if she truly loved him, you can't just turn that love off.

Were I in CL's shoes, I would want to know what AL had to say. I would want answers. I would want to know what the hell brought this on. We can look from the outside and see he will never tell the truth but CL sees her husband in a totally different light.

I can't imagine ever being in a situation like that but I can't and won't judge her, even if she did send him $50. I can only imagine she was hoping for answers. If she is innocent, then she was in shock, I am sure and wanted answers. After all the hours of integration, I doubt she felt she could trust LE.

I would agree with that, but...NJ has said that she was desperately trying to break ties with him but he wouldn't go.

I would agree with that, but...NJ has said that she was desperately trying to break ties with him but he wouldn't go.

Well that is what she told me at the time when I tried to get her away from him. I tend to question that now. Other friends have said she told them she still loved him. After seeing the IG post between her and the girl he cheated with I have even more questions.

I'm not sure she wanted me to know she loved him because I did not approve of him. I do know she was planning on divorcing him and was waiting because she could not afford the filing fee. That much I do still believe and that she had told him to get out. They were fighting a lot shortly before the kidnapping/murder.

I can't judge. It is not easy to fall out of love with someone if you truly love them. Regardless if I approved or not it was her life.

Obviously, none of us know what is going on in her brain. I have been divorced many years ago, and even at the point of wanting to break ties, it didn't mean that the love was gone. Of course, I had been married for a long time, and there was a lot of good history between us. I just try putting myself in her shoes and thinking I would want to know answers. Honestly, I don't know if the true story will ever come out.

Well that is what she told me at the time when I tried to get her away from him. I tend to question that now. Other friends have said she told them she still loved him. After seeing the IG post between her and the girl he cheated with I have even more questions.

I'm not sure she wanted me to know she loved him because I did not approve of him. I do know she was planning on divorcing him and was waiting because she could not afford the filing fee. That much I do still believe and that she had told him to get out. They were fighting a lot shortly before the kidnapping/murder.

I can't judge. It is not easy to fall out of love with someone if you truly love them. Regardless if I approved or not it was her life.

From the IG post she said to that girl that she had been trying to get him out and he wouldn't leave. I think she was probably at the point of loving him, but just not wanting too.

So are you saying this was done under the table? Even Tucker's handbook says all calls must be collect.

Prisons have a whole hmm..underground set of rules not always known to visiting church groups. No disrespect intended, I promise, but favors are often granted or paid for in ways that don't involve $$ currency.

Does anyone know how the decision to try two accused together or not works? I was just reading on that Erick and Kim Williams case and not only are they being tried separate, but tried for each murder, even the two that were at the same time. So there will be a total of six trials, and that is with no retrials. Kim was charged with the same as Eric...capital murder and she admitted to driving the car and helping dispose of the weapons.

I know the Mendez brother's trial was long ago but they were both charged with the same crime and tried together. Is it just up to the DA, as to how they want to try the case.

Prisons have a whole hmm..underground set of rules not always known to visiting church groups. No disrespect intended, I promise, but favors are often granted or paid for in ways that don't involve $$ currency.

Well that was a mental picture I could have done without tonight. HA HA

True, I was just confused at how hagger worded it, when she said "I have a letter from prison showing how an inmate was able to make calls & send letters even that particular letter he sent- with NO MONEY on his books.."

The showing how it was done, was what confused me.

Cell phones to my knowledge can't accept collect calls. Calls from the jail require a pre-paid card either that the inmate purchases or the person accepting the call purchases in advance.

I can tell you that I have received a collect call from jail on my cell phone. It was the only phone I had as I haven't had a landline in years. This was about 4years ago, I believe, so maybe the procedures have changed or vary from institution to institution.

I can tell you that I have received a collect call from jail on my cell phone. It was the only phone I had as I haven't had a landline in years. This was about 4years ago, I believe, so maybe the procedures have changed or vary from institution to institution.

My carrier does not allow that option so maybe it depends on what company ones service is with?

Well that was a mental picture I could have done without tonight. HA HA

What?? You don't watch Sons of Anarchy? Lol. Seriously though, even not in tv land it happens. Not just sexual currency, but other services, drugs, etc. It is a whole different world in there. Someone with experience of how the inside system runs can get what they want, for the most part. We know AL has spent enough time inside to very likely know the ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle