GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he made quite a reputation for himself. If he was able to get someone off of
59-counts of embezzling he probably doesn't have the time or need to get his name out there to work a criminal case that will tie him up for months pro bono. Clients are probably ringing his phone off the wall. jmo

Seems to be a nice, genuine person though. Pro Bono to help out a friend and even hired a Uhaul trailer to move her stuff from home. Just shows there are good people out there in this cruel world. We hear it said there aren't many good people left in this world. I don't believe it. This is just another instance of people helping someone they don't even know. I guess this is what they calling "paying it forward".

CL Theft by Rec case

3 ATTORNEY 1002396 HOLIMAN, RICHARD E
Aliases: HOLIMAN, RICHARD E.

1 JUDGE 11315936 DISTRICT JUDGE OF PULASKI COUNTY
Aliases: none

2 DEFENDANT 2910554 LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE
Aliases: none

4 ATTORNEY 1004138 QUALLS, STEVEN BRET
Aliases: QUALLS, BRET

Yes, both are listed on the Theft charge case.
WOW this first time noticed that the Theft by Rec charge was bound over to Circuit Court... is this so they can use this as evidence, whatever the theft object or possible objects are, in the Capital Murder case? Very well may be why. JMHO

Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea:
5-36-106(e)(4) THEFT BY RECEIVING <= $1,000; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14
Violation Time:

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...o=P&case_id=PCS-14-6992&begin_date=&end_date=

Interesting...

http://www.arkansascriminalattorney...rrested-for-a-felony-offense-in-arkansas.html

Depending on the county in Arkansas, you may begin your case in district court. If you are in district court, your case will be bound over to circuit court in a couple of months. Some counties bypass district court and send felony cases directly to circuit court which is the felony court in Arkansas.
BBM

Since that charge was a misdemeanor but was bound over to a circuit court then there is evidence that ties the phone with CL into the criminal trial. jmo
And I dont think anyone has asked before but, Why didnt AL get charged also with theft by receiving?

Since CL has a public defender is Holiman still on the case also? I am going by the court dockets page and I see 10/17/2014 Holiman -Entry of Appearance
Qualls is also listed as Attoney. This is on the Theft by Rec case

CL div case against AL, no Attorney is listed as CL filed pro se, yet Holiman signed off on the Nov order at the bottom and AL sent him copy of his Response.

In the Formal Charges case in CL as filed for Public Defender. Qualls for that matter is listed on all the case dockets except for the div.

After reading up on this Attorney -Holiman, if ever I was in need of an Attorney I would hope I could get him. Seems good! I just read of one case and were a
"even veteran defense attorney described as "highly unusual," the U.S. Attorney's Office in Little Rock has dismissed a 59-count criminal indictment against a former medical office manager accused of embezzling more than $610,000." That's a pretty good Attorney! I sure he told CL not to be making any comment to anyone, that's why we haven't heard anything from her. Having a friend help her get him to do this pro bono, she would most likely heed to his recommendations.

I just curious how it works. Since Holiman has made and Entry of Appearance on the Theft case, he showing to be her Attorney there correct?
So would he be able to work on the Circuit case even if she has a Pub Defender? And if yes, why? Would that not be taking resources away from the Pub Def office on a case someone else could be using? If he can where would be the justice in that. Even if Holiman was working Pro Bono. Beaglebrd- do you know how this works. Not calling you out, I know you keep up with some cases and I look up to ya on this ;)

Wow, just wow. 59 counts?! I'd want him on my side if I ever needed a good attorney, but a person could only guess that he'd be quite expensive and require a substantial amount for retainer? Yes?

Both Qualls & Holliman are listed as Cl's atty for the Theft charge??

Great lawyer Holliman is to get charges with drawn on those kinds of charges !! wow How did CL get hooked up with him for Pro Bono on her Theft charge?? or did she have money to pay him??

I'm just guessing that maybe she had the money to retain/pay him (Holiman) for the theft charge but not enough funds for the Capital Murder and Kidnapping charge so therefore she was appointed a Public Defender because there weren't enough funds left? Just a guess and JMO.

I was just wondering how that worked. I imagine your house would be something you wouldn't have to use. Savings etc I would think they would make you use first. I really dont know what you are allowed to have.

IIRC and this is JMO and I have no link to back it up so it's just a guess that CL and AL rented the home they lived in because IIRC that's why their belongings had to be moved by others after they were both incarcerated.

I have a friend currently in jail. He calls my cell phone. I have to put money on an account through IC Solutions that allows him to call only my number.

http://www.arkansascriminalattorney...rrested-for-a-felony-offense-in-arkansas.html

Depending on the county in Arkansas, you may begin your case in district court. If you are in district court, your case will be bound over to circuit court in a couple of months. Some counties bypass district court and send felony cases directly to circuit court which is the felony court in Arkansas.
BBM

Since that charge was a misdemeanor but was bound over to a circuit court then there is evidence that ties the phone with CL into the criminal trial. jmo
And I dont think anyone has asked before but, Why didnt AL get charged also with theft by receiving?

Not sure but all these charges = Orig charges, show bound over to Circuit Court
Violations

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-11-102 KIDNAPPING; FY Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: FY CLASS Y FELONY
Violation Date: 29-SEP-14
Violation Time:

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 2 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-10-101 CAPITAL MURDER; FY Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: FY CLASS Y FELONY
Violation Date: 30-SEP-14
Violation Time:

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 3 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-12-102 ROBBERY; FB Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: FB CLASS B FELONY
Violation Time:

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 4 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-73-103 POSSESS FIREARMS BY CERTAIN PERSONS; MA Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: MA CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Violation Time:

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 5 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-73-103 POSSESS FIREARMS BY CERTAIN PERSONS; FD Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Level: FD CLASS D FELONY
Violation Time:

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 6 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
5-73-103 POSSESS FIREARMS BY CERTAIN PERSONS; FD Disp:01-DEC-14 BOUND OVER TO CIRCUIT COURT
Violation Time:

LEWIS, ARRON MICHAEL

Violation: 7 Citation#: 14-22015 Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 30-SEP-14 NOT GUILTY
Violation Time:

last notation on docket:
12/01/2014
09:00 AM REVIEW HEARING HELD
Entry: 12-1-14...FILED DIRECT
I am curious of the Robbery charge... so does it still stand and stand alone?

Here Judges notes (first entry on the Circuit Case) for AL https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=G8X3Z5JSISRHNAQ4X69G2N6GN4931U For CL https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=G8X3Z5JSISRHNAQ4X69G2N6GN4931U << shows where cases were severed (separate trials) also does that appear to be $1500 scratched thru? These are the docs that have been displayed on the much discussed 1/1/1950 date, and in the images has the 12.3.14 (date of Plea & Arraignment)

I have a friend currently in jail. He calls my cell phone. I have to put money on an account through IC Solutions that allows him to call only my number.
Oh is that what the pre paid phone thingy its talking about on the link where can put $ on inmate Trust account.
I remb years ago, we would call collect to let my parent or who ever know that we made it to destination. It was before cell phones and it was still long distance to practically next town over. IIRC you called "0" then asked to make a collect call, then when some one answ on other end the Operator would say I have a collect call for *advertiser censored* whomever answered knew that ment we were safe and not worried and just said sorry no one here or declined the call. Just thinking I don't know how collect calls work now lol

Its always good to read and refresh.. Snipped quote from Beaglebrd, especially since AL has made his handwritten Legal complaint in Federal Court, requesting a jury trial http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

Snip from ^^ comment
Pieces of Lewis’ past can be stitched together from information in his court records, including how many states he’s lived in — at least four, if counting rehabilitation centers as residences — and his knowledge of the penal system, which was extensive enough to hand-write a legal complaint from his Benton County jail cell against eight deputies and jail staff members in 2011. That lawsuit was dismissed after the parties reached a settlement to award Lewis $59,000.

Authorities located Carter’s appointment book. But family members say the name and number of the potential buyer she was meeting Sept. 25 were fictitious.
Carter likely felt comfortable that evening, given that she was meeting a client in her own small, close-knit community.
Investigators have not disclosed at what point things went wrong that evening. Carter’s purse and appointment book were found in her vehicle, which was parked at the first house she intended to show that night.
Leaving behind her purse was normal for Carter, former clients say. She always invited other women with her to do the same so that they could tour homes unencumbered.

The appointment for Sept. 25 to show the house from which Carter disappeared was made a “couple of days” beforehand, according to Brenda Rhoads, who worked alongside Carter at Crye-Leike.
About 5:30 p.m. on the day of the showing, Carter left her home to meet the potential client, ostensibly to view a number of homes for sale in Scott and Lonoke, according to Pulaski County sheriff’s office Capt. Simon Haynes of the criminal investigation division.
About 7 p.m., fellow Crye-Leike agent Jane Carfagno Hall, accidentally locked herself out of her car and a house she was showing at another location.
Hall called Carter’s phone, hoping Carter would know where an extra key to the house might be hidden, but the phone went unanswered.
Between 7 p.m. and 7:40 p.m., Hall exchanged several text messages with someone she believed was Carter.
About 9 p.m., Carl Carter Sr., after several attempts to reach his wife by phone, drove to 14202 Old River Drive in Scott, the location of her first scheduled showing. Her Cadillac SUV was there with her purse locked inside. The house was empty.
Carter reported his wife missing, and at 10:40 p.m., Pulaski County deputies were dispatched to the area, Haynes said. Deputies conducted a search of the area for about an hour.
On the morning of Sept. 26, as authorities and volunteers continued the search, the sheriff’s criminal investigation unit started a full investigation.
“At that point, we had determined that this was more than someone just walking away,” Haynes said.
Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a “likely candidate” in Carter’s abduction, Haynes said.
Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said.
As searchers continued looking for Carter that Sunday, Lewis crashed his car about 10 a.m. near 8727 Jacksonville-Cato Road in Sherwood. Deputies said he lost control of the vehicle and it struck a concrete barrier.

Again, snipping from Beaglebrd post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

While hospital staff members were preparing a CT scan to check Lewis for possible brain injury, he eluded surveillance and disappeared from the hospital. Deputies realized about 11:30 a.m. that he was gone, Haynes said.
Between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. that day, a Pulaski County judge issued a probable-cause warrant for Lewis’ arrest.
At 9:43 a.m. Monday, observers spotted Lewis near Green Mountain Drive and Rainwood Road in west Little Rock, and called 911, saying a man resembling Lewis was acting “nervous” at a bus stop.
When witnesses approached Lewis, he fled on foot, running into the manager’s office at the Pleasant Pointe Apartments at 1602 Green Mountain Drive, according to reports. Little Rock police officers apprehended Lewis shortly thereafter and transported him to the Pulaski County sheriff’s office.
Near the scene of Lewis’ arrest, crime-scene investigators located a dump truck that belonged to Argos Southern Star Concrete, a concrete manufacturer and distributor for which Lewis had worked as a driver in July and August. Little Rock police impounded the vehicle.
Pulaski County investigators said they began interrogating Lewis between 11 a.m. and noon Monday and resumed their questioning about 11 p.m. Between 11 p.m. and midnight, Lewis was charged with kidnapping and was booked into the Pulaski County jail.
Between midnight and 1 a.m. Tuesday, Carter’s body was discovered in a shallow grave behind the Argos concrete plant at 12117 Arkansas 5 in Cabot.
Investigators continued working at the scene until about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, Haynes said
“Evidence is something you can’t go back and get,” Haynes said. “Moving slowly is the fastest way to a good prosecution. It can be time-consuming.”
Investigators went to the home of the Carter family members about 3 a.m. and notified them of Beverly Carter’s death.
Investigators resumed interviewing Lewis about 6 a.m. During the walk from the investigations division to a vehicle that was to take him back to jail, reporters peppered Lewis with questions

Timeline from this article
Appointment made "couple days before hand"
9/25
"About 5:30 p.m. on the day of the showing, Carter left her home to meet the potential client, ostensibly to view a number of homes for sale in Scott and Lonoke, according to Pulaski County sheriff&#8217;s office Capt. Simon Haynes of the criminal investigation division. ** I found it interesting, this article states BC left her home about 530, NOT that the appoint was at 530

7pm Jan Carfagno Hall locks self out of house
7-740 exchanges several text messages
9 Carl Carter after several attempts to reach wife by phone drove to location of first scheduled showing
1040 Carl Carter reported missing

9/26 & 9/27 (Fri & Sat)
On the morning of Sept. 26, as authorities and volunteers continued the search, the sheriff&#8217;s criminal investigation unit started a full investigation.
&#8220;At that point, we had determined that this was more than someone just walking away,&#8221; Haynes said.
Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a &#8220;likely candidate&#8221; in Carter&#8217;s abduction, Haynes said.

9/28 (Sunday)

7 am Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said (Haynes) ** wonder how many times AL and CL talked and texted over the weekend

10am Lewis crashed his car about 10 a.m. near 8727 Jacksonville-Cato Road in Sherwood. Deputies said he lost control of the vehicle and it struck a concrete barrier.

1130 he eluded surveillance and disappeared from the hospital. Deputies realized about 11:30 a.m. that he was gone, Haynes said.

4-5 Between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. that day, a Pulaski County judge issued a probable-cause warrant for Lewis&#8217; arrest ** Bench warrant time is

**** Sunday CL was questioned by LEO and search warrant of home, from info we got here from VIs

9/29 Mon
943am Lewis spotted (other media shows was in custody at 10)

11am until noon Pulaski County investigators said they began interrogating Lewis between 11 a.m. and noon Monday ** note Pul County Inv 1 hr, CL was already in custody... and in AL filing to sue PCSO he said an FBI claiming to be FBI guy came in

11pm -resumed their questioning about 11 p.m. Between 11 p.m. and midnight, Lewis was charged with kidnapping and was booked into the Pulaski County jail. ** booked on Kidnapping at 12:42am 9/30/2014

9/30
Between midnight and 1 a.m. Tuesday, Carter&#8217;s body was discovered in a shallow grave behind the Argos concrete plant at 12117 Arkansas 5 in Cabot.
** so when they booked AL and showed him pictures it most likely WAS of BC, at least according to the timeline in this article,

3a.m. Carter family notified at their home

530am Investigators continued working at the scene until about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, Haynes said.
&#8220;Evidence is something you can&#8217;t go back and get,&#8221; Haynes said. &#8220;Moving slowly is the fastest way to a good prosecution. It can be time-consuming

6a.m. Investigators resumed interviewing Lewis about 6 a.m. During the walk from the investigations division to a vehicle that was to take him back to jail, reporters peppered Lewis with questions.
When asked, &#8220;Why Beverly?&#8221; Lewis said, &#8220;Because she was a woman that worked alone &#8212; a rich broker.&#8221;
Charges against Lewis were amended to include capital murder.

Another thought.. LEO and Family have only released the last texts that Carl Carter got around 1 (3 in a row). In the orig Missing person report it clearly states that by time the call was closed(the deputy turned it over to investigators I sure at this time) was minutes after 3am... From the article Beaglebrd posted I believe was Oct 5th..

"On the morning of Sept. 26, as authorities and volunteers continued the search, the sheriff&#8217;s criminal investigation unit started a full investigation.
&#8220;At that point, we had determined that this was more than someone just walking away,&#8221; Haynes said.
Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a &#8220;likely candidate&#8221; in Carter&#8217;s abduction, Haynes said.
Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said."

I would think that LEO would still be texting and trying to call Beverly.. I wonder if AL was stupid enough to keep texting back? (had this vision of an old tv show when someone would call family for ransom and they would keep them on the line to get a trace.. if they could get him to keep texting every so often they have the capabilities of of tracing the phone pings) And if they did take AL for a 3 county ride.. I still think that would be to get his body language readings. jmo

Oh is that what the pre paid phone thingy its talking about on the link where can put $ on inmate Trust account.
I remb years ago, we would call collect to let my parent or who ever know that we made it to destination. It was before cell phones and it was still long distance to practically next town over. IIRC you called "0" then asked to make a collect call, then when some one answ on other end the Operator would say I have a collect call for *advertiser censored* whomever answered knew that ment we were safe and not worried and just said sorry no one here or declined the call. Just thinking I don't know how collect calls work now lol

The way it worked in this instance was he got a 30 second complimentary call and he called my cell phone to say hey I'm in jail. And I said wha?????? Then when the 30 seconds was up, I got a recording telling me that I needed additional funds to talk to him again and to stay on the line to be transferred to IC Solutions or hang up if I didn't want to talk. I stayed on the line and someone explained how to set up an account with them and how it worked. It costs approximately $3.15 for a 15 minute call. And then there is the service charge for adding the money. So I put $40 on and I think it cost me an $8 something service charge. This is my account and he can only call me on my cell number with it. Now when he calls, I get a recording that says I have a call from XXXX, an inmate at XXXX jail and to press 5 if I would like to accept it.

BBM

My Guess is that AL didn't get charged with the theft by receiving charge because it had something to do with it (the phone) being found in CL's possession; Examples of which Could be and JMO, it was found in her purse, her car, and/or it was/could be proven she had used and/or was currently using the phone. (Not too smart but wouldn't surprise me)
As an added note, WE do NOT know for a fact where Beverly's phone was found; IIRC all we have been told is allegedly she told someone about where it was found. This is all JMO and all just my Guesses and Thoughts, so therefore no link(s) needed IMO.

My Guess is that AL didn't get charged with the theft by receiving charge because it had something to do with it (the phone) being found in CL's possession; Examples of which Could be and JMO, it was found in her purse, her car, and/or it was/could be proven she had used and/or was currently using the phone. (Not too smart but wouldn't surprise me)
As an added note, WE do NOT know for a fact where Beverly's phone was found; IIRC all we have been told is allegedly she told someone about where it was found. This is all JMO and all just my Guesses and Thoughts, so therefore no link(s) needed IMO.

It was on the inventory sheet she showed me when they searched her home. I know 100% it was found in her home not on her person. Where in her home I can only go by what she told me.

It was on the inventory sheet she showed me when they searched her home. I know 100% it was found in her home not on her person. Where in her home I can only go by what she told me.

Can you tell us some of the other things that you saw on the inventory sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46