GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the phone was taken from CL and AL's house, then that IMO makes it more interesting in regards to only CL being charged with the theft by receiving and not AL too.
Does anybody remember if AL was charged for felon in possession of firearm(s)? And if so, was it because he had one in his personal possession, (carrying it with or on him when he was arrested) or was they at the house too?

Also, I wonder if they had a lease/rental agreement on the house they rented (which I'm guessing they rented because of all the talk about lawyer assisting with U-Haul etc because landlord wanted their stuff out of the house, or however it was worded). And if they had signed lease/rental agreement, I wonder if CL and AL were both on the lease/rental agreement? I wonder whose name the bills were in; for example utilities, etc??

I wonder if AL knows that he probably (I'm guessing) doesn't have any personal belongings left!? LOL I doubt though that he has to worry too much about what happened to the funds in their alleged bank account as I'm guessing there wasn't much in there anyways. JMO

If the phone was taken from CL and AL's house, then that IMO makes it more interesting in regards to only CL being charged with the theft by receiving and not AL too.
Does anybody remember if AL was charged for felon in possession of firearm(s)? And if so, was it because he had one in his personal possession, (carrying it with or on him when he was arrested) or was they at the house too?

Several guns were found at the house. I have not seen or read anything that leads me to believe he had a gun on him when arrested. I do not believe this to be the case. JMHO

Also, I wonder if they had a lease/rental agreement on the house they rented (which I'm guessing they rented because of all the talk about lawyer assisting with U-Haul etc because landlord wanted their stuff out of the house, or however it was worded). And if they had signed lease/rental agreement, I wonder if CL and AL were both on the lease/rental agreement? I wonder whose name the bills were in; for example utilities, etc??

I wonder if AL knows that he probably (I'm guessing) doesn't have any personal belongings left!? LOL I doubt though that he has to worry too much about what happened to the funds in their alleged bank account as I'm guessing there wasn't much in there anyways. JMO

CL ONLY and she lived there at least a year before he moved in. Everything was in her name only.

I agree about the theft charge. He lives there too. It seems they would have charged both of them. They have some reason they think that it was her only on that charge. The duct tape leaked out the last court appearance. Maybe something else will in Feb. It will come out, a bit at a time.jmo

I do not claim to know much about anything on this topic, but I "thought" theft by receiving meant you didn't actually steal it, but you got the stolen goods from someone who you knew stole it. Is that why he has a robbery charge? He stole it. He gave it to Crystal. She took it, knowing it was stolen.

I do not claim to know much about anything on this topic, but I "thought" theft by receiving meant you didn't actually steal it, but you got the stolen goods from someone who you knew stole it. Is that why he has a robbery charge? He stole it. He gave it to Crystal. She took it, knowing it was stolen.

That could very well be it, mpnola! Thanks for that thought! :)

Source: http://statutes.laws.com/arkansas/title-5/subtitle-4/chapter-36/subchapter-1/5-36-106

ARKANSAS STATUTES AND CODES

§ 5-36-106 - Theft by receiving.
Listen
5-36-106. Theft by receiving.

(a) A person commits the offense of theft by receiving if he or she receives, retains, or disposes of stolen property of another person:

(1) Knowing that the property was stolen; or

(2) Having good reason to believe the property was stolen.

(b) As used in this section, "receiving" means acquiring possession, control, or title or lending on the security of the property.

(c) The following give rise to a presumption that a person knows or believes that property was stolen:

(1) The unexplained possession or control by the person of recently stolen property; or

(2) The acquisition by the person of property for a consideration known to be far below the property's reasonable value.

(d) It is a defense to a prosecution for the offense of theft by receiving that the property is received, retained, or disposed of with the purpose of restoring the property to the owner or another person entitled to the property.

(e) Theft by receiving is a:

(1) Class B felony if the value of the property is two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) or more;

(2) Class C felony if:

(A) The value of the property is less than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) but more than five hundred dollars ($500);

(B) The property is a:

(i) Credit card or credit card account number; or

(ii) Debit card or debit card account number; or

(C) The property is a firearm valued at less than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500); or

(3) Class A misdemeanor if otherwise committed.

On the Formal Charges paperwork, Count 3 Aaron Lewis .. Pulaski County on or about Sept 28th 2014 ... did unlawfully, feloniously, possess a firearm.. Don't know where he had them, but he possessed them in Pulaski County on Sept 28th
https://localtvkfsm.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/lewis-and-lowery-felony-charges.pdf
Kidnapping was on Sept 25th

Capital Murder Sept 25th through Sept 26th. >>> makes me think.. in that Oct 5th Ark DemGaz article, it stated snip "On the morning of Sept. 26, as authorities and volunteers continued the search, the sheriff’s criminal investigation unit started a full investigation.
“At that point, we had determined that this was more than someone just walking away,” Haynes said.
Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a “likely candidate” in Carter’s abduction, Haynes said.Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said.
As searchers continued looking for Carter that Sunday, Lewis crashed his car about 10 a.m. "

I am thinking they used the 25th (day kidnapped) thru 26th (last time got any data as in texts) as when they are say Beverly was murdered. Last 3 text that we know of came at or about 1 which would be the 26th.

Well actually if any stolen item is found in your home, even if you didn't know it was there, you can be charged with theft by receiving, same would be if a stolen item was found on your person or in your car. Say someone stole a diamond and dropped it in your purse, while you were not looking. You could be charged with theft by receiving. IMO they gave her that charge initially to have something to officially bring her in on, and see if she would talk. Otherwise, they would have had nothing to hold her on.

Well actually if any stolen item is found in your home, even if you didn't know it was there, you can be charged with theft by receiving, same would be if a stolen item was found on your person or in your car. Say someone stole a diamond and dropped it in your purse, while you were not looking. You could be charged with theft by receiving. IMO they gave her that charge initially to have something to officially bring her in on, and see if she would talk. Otherwise, they would have had nothing to hold her on.

That isn't what the statute says above. And the charge still stands, right? Even after now charging her with Kidnapping and Capital Murder?

On the Formal Charges paperwork, Count 3 Aaron Lewis .. Pulaski County on or about Sept 28th 2014 ... did unlawfully, feloniously, possess a firearm.. Don't know where he had them, but he possessed them in Pulaski County on Sept 28th
https://localtvkfsm.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/lewis-and-lowery-felony-charges.pdf
Kidnapping was on Sept 25th

Capital Murder Sept 25th through Sept 26th. >>> makes me think.. in that Oct 5th Ark DemGaz article, it stated snip "On the morning of Sept. 26, as authorities and volunteers continued the search, the sheriff’s criminal investigation unit started a full investigation.
“At that point, we had determined that this was more than someone just walking away,” Haynes said.
Working through clues that Friday and Saturday, investigators determined that Lewis was a “likely candidate” in Carter’s abduction, Haynes said.Investigators began conducting surveillance on Lewis about 7 a.m. Sept. 28, he said.
As searchers continued looking for Carter that Sunday, Lewis crashed his car about 10 a.m. "

I am thinking they used the 25th (day kidnapped) thru 26th (last time got any data as in texts) as when they are say Beverly was murdered. Last 3 text that we know of came at or about 1 which would be the 26th.

Sunday Sept 28th was date house was searched and guns were found.

And that was exactly what LE told her when they brought her in on that charge. "They did so so they had a reason to question her and that the charges would later be dropped". At least that was what she told me at the time the day after she was questioned.

That isn't what the statute says above. And the charge still stands, right? Even after now charging her with Kidnapping and Capital Murder?

All of this is my opinion and things I have seen happened. If a stolen item is found in your home that you have no idea is there, and the police search your home it is pretty likely that someone in your house will be charged for receiving? If you are in a store and someone is shoplifting and say they get nervous and drop the goods in your bag while you are distracted. When you go to leave and the alarm goes off, you will be the one hauled in for shoplifting.

When dealing with LE trust me, or not, I know how they work, they don’t go just by the book. If they hadn’t charged her with the receiving of goods, then what would they have charged her with, in order to get her into custody and to try and get her to talk? They had an arrest warrant for AL, so they had enough to bring him in. Obviously, had they not brought her in on the phone, it could have been another 30 days before they had enough evidence to bring her in. Time was of the essence at that point. She was arrested at the ATM, while BC was still missing, is my understanding. So they wanted her to talk and had to have something to charge her with.

As to the charge not being dropped, it is too early for that. IMO

So, anyway... about Beverly- I was driving to work this afternoon and I started thinking. This is just what she did! She was just dressed up and going to work, as usual. Already looking forward to a usual, but so relaxing and special dinner and some TV with her best friend and husband. I cannot imagine the sheer terror of the "going to work" state of mind which quickly flips into "I am being kidnapped~!!! Oh no, my husband, my kids, my grandkids!!" I sincerely hope she didn't feel much pain or suffer very long. Her family will suffer every day for the rest of their lives. May the people who are responsible, whomever they may be, not have a moment of peaceful rest for the rest of their days. I hope they feel like they are laying on hot coals, as that doesn't even touch what Beverly's family feels.

From now on, maybe I just don't care who did it. Maybe I just care about the nameless persons being imprisoned and maybe put to death over the torture they caused. Maybe then, there won't be such a need to defend, if the disgusting criminals are nameless. I am just referring to the persons who did it. The people who killed Beverly-who left their family without a mother to host the Christmas dinner- who leave her husband to feel the emptiness of his home every night- who left a child she was raising to deal with even more trauma than she already has. Those people. The people who don't even deserve to have their names known, as they are not worth the brain space to remember them. I hope they rot in hell. There is one thing here that is certain- Beverly did not deserve to die and be thrown in the mud, like some dirt that was accidentally tracked into the house. She mattered!!!!

Yes, court docket says was bound over to circuit. As is AL Robbery charge.

So, anyway... about Beverly- I was driving to work this afternoon and I started thinking. This is just what she did! She was just dressed up and going to work, as usual. Already looking forward to a usual, but so relaxing and special dinner and some TV with her best friend and husband. I cannot imagine the sheer terror of the "going to work" state of mind which quickly flips into "I am being kidnapped~!!! Oh no, my husband, my kids, my grandkids!!" I sincerely hope she didn't feel much pain or suffer very long. Her family will suffer every day for the rest of their lives. May the people who are responsible, whomever they may be, not have a moment of peaceful rest for the rest of their days. I hope they feel like they are laying on hot coals, as that doesn't even touch what Beverly's family feels.

From now on, maybe I just don't care who did it. Maybe I just care about the nameless persons being imprisoned and maybe put to death over the torture they caused. Maybe then, there won't be such a need to defend, if the disgusting criminals are nameless. I am just referring to the persons who did it. The people who killed Beverly-who left their family without a mother to host the Christmas dinner- who leave her husband to feel the emptiness of his home every night- who left a child she was raising to deal with even more trauma than she already has. Those people. The people who don't even deserve to have their names known, as they are not worth the brain space to remember them. I hope they rot in hell. There is one thing here that is certain- Beverly did not deserve to die and be thrown in the mud, like some dirt that was accidentally tracked into the house. She mattered!!!!
This is the best! Well said! And couldn't have said it better!!

Well from watching some high profile cases. One thing I have learned. NEVER..EVER..SPEAK..WITHOUT..AN..ATTORNEY..PRESENT. Even if you think you have nothing to hide. CL may think she did good helping them by speaking without an attorney, but everything you say can and will be held against you. Just like plea guilty. Not guilty can always change but harder than heck to plea guilty then say oops I changed my mind...jmho

From different trials I have followed where evidence was abled to be view by public, the search warrants were in list form, and then they took pictures with a corresponding #. They may have told CL *advertiser censored* was located *advertiser censored* could be true or a tactic to see her reaction. I am still confused if they searched the house 1 time (Sunday) or twice, (Sunday and another time with a diff list). And if they had her in interrogation for 8 hrs on Sunday and 8 hours on Monday... without a lawyer, no telling what she said or didn't say. But a month later they had enough to charge her with same charges as AL. I wonder how long she was at the SO before she knew they had AL in a different area. I bet both of their hearts skipped a beat. Mine would even if I was innocent. Still curious if Milas Hale showed up. AL said he told them that would speak unless he was present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle