GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 70633
March 4, 2015
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/cri...will-now-represent-himself-in-court/24367189/

not sure what the person is asking with cellphone or who she is, but its in the video link here

If my eyes serve me correctly.... "the person" asking her questions is Shannon Miller, the one who got the interviews with AL, no? She seems to be taking this case as a platform to springboard her career and profile if so. I have a feeling CL was in tears before the questions however, those aren't new tears in the shot. She had been crying before the camera hit and the questions from the blonde. I wonder if there was a special trigger. And yes I also noted that brief almost smile, more like a relaxation of the face moment when AL saw the press in the area. It's the red carpet look. He adores to be recognized. He may have just found his niche.

I miss all the action on the board! Everytime something goes down I'm away or too busy. If you see me here, know that nothing will happen. ;)

Although I sure it did seem odd, but actually he was in the "role" of attorney. Pro Se, defending oneself. And I have been reading this snowy afternoon.. from what I can understand/gather... he and AL for that matter will have to proceed in that manner. They have to do answer/question format, not narrative. (even if they are on witness stand themselves).

Also from diff legal pages I googled, AL will be responsible for everything that his attorney would be responsible for.

Also, I will assume that the Pros will call CL as a witness in AL case. Whether she wants to or not. This case will be interesting on the aspect of how things work. Just my honest opinion only.

Isn't this where she can invoke her 5th amendment right? Unless she would know something that would cause her to take a plea deal, and if that were the case then she wouldn't be scheduled for trial like she is. Right? Of course, a lot can change on both ends. I will be shocked if the actual trial starts when stated. Most of them drag out for years. I think AL will make a mockery of the whole thing.

If my eyes serve me correctly.... "the person" asking her questions is Shannon Miller, the one who got the interviews with AL, no? She seems to be taking this case as a platform to springboard her career and profile if so. I have a feeling CL was in tears before the questions however, those aren't new tears in the shot. She had been crying before the camera hit and the questions from the blonde. I wonder if there was a special trigger. And yes I also noted that brief almost smile, more like a relaxation of the face moment when AL saw the press in the area. It's the red carpet look. He adores to be recognized. He may have just found his niche.

I miss all the action on the board! Everytime something goes down I'm away or too busy. If you see me here, know that nothing will happen. ;)

I am not sure who your referring to as asking questions. The reporter speaking in the piece is a new reporter (to me anywho) on CBS Channel KTHV11, the blonde with the cell phone walking along side CL, yes that is Shannon miller funny tho, she is from competing local station NBC KARK 4/Fox16 (<< owned by same company now) And she is the reporter who did AL prison interview.

I can think of a lot things that could make her cry, relief not DP would be one for me. Whole situation probably got real... Do you think it was from seeing AL?

View attachment 70661View attachment 70662
The 1st is from March 4, 2015 The 2nd is from Oct 30 2014 when CL was arrested. You win a prize!!

Yep pretty sure that is Shannon in the footage above, (AL's pet journalist) with CL.
Here she is commenting on the case in an earlier newscast on her network when CL was arrested. She is omnipresent! **the page took a few mins to buffer for me so be patient.

http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20141031/2208082/Arron-Lewis-Wife-Arrested-For-Death-Of-Beverly.htm

Isn't this where she can invoke her 5th amendment right? Unless she would know something that would cause her to take a plea deal, and if that were the case then she wouldn't be scheduled for trial like she is. Right? Of course, a lot can change on both ends. I will be shocked if the actual trial starts when stated. Most of them drag out for years. I think AL will make a mockery of the whole thing.

Yes, to best of my knowledge that would be where she could plea the 5th. JMHO, As far as why she is scheduled, not sure I understand you question. She is scheduled a trial date because she has been charge with Capital Murder and Kidnapping of Beverly Carter. She cant take a plea deal unless one is offered to her. I don't know when or if one would be offered. But jmho, she wouldn't or couldn't take a Plea deal unless she knows something the Pros wants.

I too will be shocked if AL trial starts July 7. Not sure on CL if his is continued if they would continue hers also. AL now prev lawyer Hensley, had already filed the Motions for discovery immediately on 11/27... and CL lawyer filed discovery motion 12/3.

There are lots of interesting things about Pro Se Litigates if you google. There are even tips lol. One thing I found interesting is Ghostwriters! For motions and so forth. One site stated that some disbarred attorneys help write. Or former attorneys now in prison. With AL being Pro Se, just my understanding he will probable be afforded more time in the Law Library.

I also have looked at a few other murder cases. One thing that caught my eye, a Defendant file a motion to suppress evidence. He stated that the evidence in question was from illegal search and seizure. The State responded that the officer had probable cause. The judge granted the Defendants motion stating that the State didn't state/explain what the probable cause was.

Which makes me wonder again about AL phone. Personally, just by info given in the Mental Exam its not clear if AL still had his phone or was left in car or what. In the perp walk video, he states that "they wanted his phone" or info form his phone.. goes on about the texts back and forth between him and TM.
* thinking out loud....AL wasn't under arrest, not sure of rank, but think it was Minden, that stressed that AL was not under arrest when he left the hosp (why they didn't go back with him) just curious about how CL was contacted about the wreck. Did they get her number from AL? Did they look in his phone? Did AL call her? Did LEO have CL phone # because she had also used her phone to contact BC? I wouldn't be surprised to see AL file a suppression motion on the phone.

Page 8 #6 While working the accident scene, Investigators found in AL possession the phone that was registered to CL, that had been used to communicate with Beverly Carter...it goes onto say AL was taken to hospital where he then left ** but the guns found in the home that he lived in, and had just left were also stated to be in his possession**
#7 is where a search warrant of the car was executed and the duct tape, ball bat and rope was found. (sure the tape matched up with that on BC body)

We don't have a clue what they have on CL yet. But whatever it is, has to be something pretty significant. Couldn't be just because phone was in her name.

Yes, to best of my knowledge that would be where she could plea the 5th. JMHO, As far as why she is scheduled, not sure I understand you question. She is scheduled a trial date because she has been charge with Capital Murder and Kidnapping of Beverly Carter. She cant take a plea deal unless one is offered to her. I don't know when or if one would be offered. But jmho, she wouldn't or couldn't take a Plea deal unless she knows something the Pros wants.

I too will be shocked if AL trial starts July 7. Not sure on CL if his is continued if they would continue hers also. AL now prev lawyer Hensley, had already filed the Motions for discovery immediately on 11/27... and CL lawyer filed discovery motion 12/3.

Sorry if that was confusing. I just meant, unless she does like Eric Williams wife, then I bet she pleads the fifth. And it doesn't sound like, at least as of yet, they have discussed any sort of plea, since they have a trial date set for her too. Now, I know in the Williams case, Kim plead guilty and willingly testified against Eric. I know I am sorry AR doesn't allow cameras in the court room. I would love to see AL in action acting a fool.

I wonder if he will have his leg shackles on? In the Arias case, didn't they always have her take the stand, before the jury came in, so that they didn't see her walking in shackles?

Sorry if that was confusing. I just meant, unless she does like Eric Williams wife, then I bet she pleads the fifth. And it doesn't sound like, at least as of yet, they have discussed any sort of plea, since they have a trial date set for her too. Now, I know in the Williams case, Kim plead guilty and willingly testified against Eric. I know I am sorry AR doesn't allow cameras in the court room. I would love to see AL in action acting a fool.

I wonder if he will have his leg shackles on? In the Arias case, didn't they always have her take the stand, before the jury came in, so that they didn't see her walking in shackles?
Cant remb where I read, so just my opinion .. but IIRC, they do take off the shackles and cuffs an have them dress in courtroom attire as to not taint the jury. I don't think the jury is suppose to know it the defendant is incarcerated or not. I would think that all goes towards the innocent until proven guilty. All of his other cases he has taken a plea deal.

Its still very early in the whole process. JMO but since her trial is after his, unless she takes a plea, which she would have to tell *advertiser censored*, something worthy of plea. But unless she took a plea prior to AL trial, I would think the 5th would be a given. Anything she says or has said can and will be held against her, in her trial.
Personally I want to see them both go thru the trial and either guilty or acquittal. Just my opinion, because I want the Paul Harvey edition.... the rest of the story.

Cant remb where I read, so just my opinion .. but IIRC, they do take off the shackles and cuffs an have them dress in courtroom attire as to not taint the jury. I don't think the jury is suppose to know it the defendant is incarcerated or not. I would think that all goes towards the innocent until proven guilty. All of his other cases he has taken a plea deal.

Its still very early in the whole process. JMO but since her trial is after his, unless she takes a plea, which she would have to tell *advertiser censored*, something worthy of plea. But unless she took a plea prior to AL trial, I would think the 5th would be a given. Anything she says or has said can and will be held against her, in her trial.
Personally I want to see them both go thru the trial and either guilty or acquittal. Just my opinion, because I want the Paul Harvey edition.... the rest of the story.

I think you are correct. Though honestly, I have never really understood the reasoning, in regards to tainting the jury. Just seems like a given, on a murder charge, that the defendant would need to be secured. You know, some of those attorneys go right up to the front of the jury to speak. This should all be interesting.

I wonder how CL feels about AL representing himself. If tweets are allowed from the courtroom and he's defending himself, it's going to be a circus. I would think there will be so much publicity it would make it nearly impossible for CL to get a fair trial without a change of venue. I won't be surprised at all if a gag order is issued from now throughout the entire trial(s).

I am not sure who your referring to as asking questions. The reporter speaking in the piece is a new reporter (to me anywho) on CBS Channel KTHV11, the blonde with the cell phone walking along side CL, yes that is Shannon miller funny tho, she is from competing local station NBC KARK 4/Fox16 (<< owned by same company now) And she is the reporter who did AL prison interview.

I can think of a lot things that could make her cry, relief not DP would be one for me. Whole situation probably got real... Do you think it was from seeing AL?

Sorry - I was responding to jstkidding who said:
There was one I saw of CL crying. There was another reporter (i guess from another channel/paper/blog?) with a camera phone in her face and asking questions. CL was shaking her head no and fighting back tears. Does anyone know what the camera phone reporter was asking?
And to you! When you replied you weren't sure what the person was asking with the cellphone. The blonde with the white iPhone. Shannon has a recognizable face so even though they blurred her face in that clip, you could see it was the AL fave reporter! ;)

As for the tears I would imagine a thousand things too, but probably getting hard not seeing her daughter for this long also. Just guessing though. And we have no idea how the case is progressing or devolving from her end. Could be anything.

As for the tears I would imagine a thousand things too, but probably getting hard not seeing her daughter for this long also. Just guessing though. And we have no idea how the case is progressing or devolving from her end. Could be anything.

She definitely does not seem to be enjoying her time in the spotlight as much as her husband.

Yes, that does seem to be Shannon Miller. Thanks!

I went to her Twitter to see if there was any of that video she was taking with the phone and did not find any video, but I did find the following. She was live tweeting from the courtroom during the hearing. I thought some of you might find it interesting. Copied from her Twitter feed, so for those that don't know, it will be backwards. The earlier tweets are at the bottom and the more recent at the top.....so you have to sort of read this backwards. I bolded the actual tweets so they would be easier to read:

Shannon Miller @_ShannonMiller · Mar 4
Lewis smirks as he leaves courtroom. #arnews
0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Hensley discharged as Lewis attorney. #arnew
0 replies 2 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet2 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Lewis says he won lawsuit against Benton County. Calling this legal experience. #ARNews
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Wright reading rules to Lewis. #arnews
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Can't fire without permission from court.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Does not want attorney to represent him anymore. #ARNews
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Lewis wants to represent himself.
Reply Retweet2 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Lewis wants to address court.
Reply Retweet2 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Pre-trial June 1 for Lewis. #ARNews
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Judges asks for hospital report.
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Lowery continues to look ahead with blank stare. #ARNews
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Attorneys talking with Lowery in courtroom ahead of hearing. #ARNews
Reply Retweet1 Favorite
More
Little Rock, AR
Crystal Lowery sitting in Judge Wright's courtroom awaiting hearing. #arnews
0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite
Reply Retweet1 Favorite1
More

I don't remember this, but it is interesting. Really interesting, considering the position he is in now. A liar is in charge of giving information to find him guilty or not guilty. Of course, I guess all attorneys spin the truth to what they want to say, but his will be a special sort of lies.

FROM A JOURNALIST PAGE:
https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/516952615859404801

Investigator with decades of experience calls ArronLewis "as skillful and psychopathic liar as I've ever seen."

My guess is CL's tears would most likely be that she isn't getting the death penalty. But as stated before, it could be many things -IMO, seeing AL would not be one of them. Seems like the sight of him should make her barf! :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x