GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember this, but it is interesting. Really interesting, considering the position he is in now. A liar is in charge of giving information to find him guilty or not guilty. Of course, I guess all attorneys spin the truth to what they want to say, but his will be a special sort of lies.

FROM A JOURNALIST PAGE:
https://twitter.com/DrewPetrimoulx/status/516952615859404801

Investigator with decades of experience calls ArronLewis "as skillful and psychopathic liar as I've ever seen."

That sounds like it was at the news conf that afternoon (date on tweet) but I just listened and don't here what he has quoted. So must have been somewhere else. But that same day. Larry Jegley the Pros Attorney did say that This guy has said all kinds of things..

And going back to the Sheriff saying that "we knew her life was at stake, we felt her life was at stake"... didn't know for sure until around midnight that she was dead... he also said When you know that someone life is in imminent danger if you don't find her....

I was curious before if maybe BC had health issues (needed meds or other health issues) which could still be. But now we also know, from the Mental Exam that they found the "Duct tape, baseball bat and rope" in AL car when they got the search warrant... << kicked it up a notch I am sure... That's when they also released the bloody pic.

LEO bless them ALL!

I just read through the mental eval. Just as I thought early on, re; his comment on how people will be surprised about what the "good girl" did (or something to that effect). Given the knowledge we have of "that page", I think he is going to claim she accidentally died while participating with he and Crystal. That's why he is going to try to exonerate wifey.

I have more to say, but too tired to make coherent posts.

Cant remb where I read, so just my opinion .. but IIRC, they do take off the shackles and cuffs an have them dress in courtroom attire as to not taint the jury. I don't think the jury is suppose to know it the defendant is incarcerated or not. I would think that all goes towards the innocent until proven guilty. All of his other cases he has taken a plea deal.

Its still very early in the whole process. JMO but since her trial is after his, unless she takes a plea, which she would have to tell *advertiser censored*, something worthy of plea. But unless she took a plea prior to AL trial, I would think the 5th would be a given. Anything she says or has said can and will be held against her, in her trial.
Personally I want to see them both go thru the trial and either guilty or acquittal. Just my opinion, because I want the Paul Harvey edition.... the rest of the story.

In my friend's murder trial the defendant aka murderer came to court in his form of "courtroom attire" and there were no shackles. Just a gaggle of big body guards surrounding him. Not a popular guy in the courthouse. The courtroom was of course always under heavy guard however.

In my friend's murder trial the defendant aka murderer came to court in his form of "courtroom attire" and there were no shackles. Just a gaggle of big body guards surrounding him. Not a popular guy in the courthouse. The courtroom was of course always under heavy guard however.
But did he act as his own attorney? You know all the attorneys walk up to the Judges bench and up to the people testifying. Surely AL would not be allowed to walk up to the Carters, when he is cross examinating them.

Im sorry if im asking a silly question or if this has been answered before but why will they be trialled seperately? If they are accused of committing the same crimes against the same person then why not be tried together??

Im sorry if im asking a silly question or if this has been answered before but why will they be trialled seperately? If they are accused of committing the same crimes against the same person then why not be tried together??

It was said last week that it will be separate trials. I am not sure how the DA decides to try either individually or separately.

I honestly think that AL will stop at nothing to turn this into a complete media circus and cause as much pain to the Carters as he can.

I honestly think that AL will stop at nothing to turn this into a complete media circus and cause as much pain to the Carters as he can.

I think he's proud to be involved in such a high profile case. He's wearing this like a badge of honor. He thinks he's a rock star now.

It was said last week that it will be separate trials. I am not sure how the DA decides to try either individually or separately.

I think her attorney filed a motion to sever or whatever you call it.

I know of cases where they had a single trial and separate juries for each of the defendants. Not sure that's what they'll do in this case though.

JMO

the Menendez brothers were tried at the same time and had separate juries---twice

That sounds like it was at the news conf that afternoon (date on tweet) but I just listened and don't here what he has quoted. So must have been somewhere else. But that same day. Larry Jegley the Pros Attorney did say that This guy has said all kinds of things..

And going back to the Sheriff saying that "we knew her life was at stake, we felt her life was at stake"... didn't know for sure until around midnight that she was dead... he also said When you know that someone life is in imminent danger if you don't find her....

I was curious before if maybe BC had health issues (needed meds or other health issues) which could still be. But now we also know, from the Mental Exam that they found the "Duct tape, baseball bat and rope" in AL car when they got the search warrant... << kicked it up a notch I am sure... That's when they also released the bloody pic.

LEO bless them ALL!

I knew I recognized that guy's name!
http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/d/story/drew-petrimoulx/13379/5HBXDOgv3EmrnGyI78sXTg

I haven't been following this thread recently and am trying to figure out where I can read his psych evaluation that keeps being referenced. Can someone point me to a link or the post where I can find the link? Ty :)

But did he act as his own attorney? You know all the attorneys walk up to the Judges bench and up to the people testifying. Surely AL would not be allowed to walk up to the Carters, when he is cross examinating them.

No. He had every big name defense attorney in the book it seems. Until he fired them. The courtrooms are heavily protected in these kinds of trials- at least here and I'd assume it's the same pretty much anywhere. I just don't see them having him shackeled in court, other than for transport to and from. But we shall see...

I think he's proud to be involved in such a high profile case. He's wearing this like a badge of honor. He thinks he's a rock star now.

Im glad it wont be televised. He would think its his own reality show. JA was going to represent herself too and changed her mind. How long do we think he will represent himself? Think he will change his mind?

they better have lots of guards who can run fast - he's a slippery rascal!

Their cases were severed (separate trials) on the date of their Plea & Arraignment. The Pros agreed to CL Attorney request and the judge allowed.
12/03/2014
11:11 AM COURT APPEARANCE LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE
Entry: DEF APPEARED PD APPTD WV READ & SERVICE PLEA NG DEF SEVERED BY AGREEMENT REPORT DATE SET SPEEDY TRIAL TOLLED
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

*** But remember, CL is charged with the very same charges, Capital Murder and Kidnapping. So whatever they have that they used to get those charges (we don't know yet) they had to be pretty sure of. ***

As to WHY they can have separate trials, JMHO from reading this, its because AL confessed to the kidnapping of Beverly Carter (per the arresting document used to support the Capital Murder and Kidnapping charges for AL). And the separate trials would be so that that isn't held against CL. Again, this is just my opinion from reading.

Rule 22.3. Severance Of Defendants.

(a) When a defendant moves for a severance because an out-of-court statement of a codefendant makes reference to him but is not admissible against him, the court shall determine whether the prosecution intends to offer the statement in evidence at the trial. If so, the court shall not use a joint trial with dual juries but shall instead require the prosecuting attorney to elect one (1) of the following courses:

(i) a joint trial at which the statement is not admitted into evidence against any defendant;

(ii) a joint trial at which the statement is admitted into evidence only after all references to the moving defendant have been deleted, provided that, as deleted, the statement will not prejudice the moving defendant; or

(iii) severance of the moving defendant.

(b) The court, on application of the prosecuting attorney, or on application of the defendant other than under subsection (a), shall grant a severance of defendants:

(i) if before trial it is deemed necessary to protect a defendant's right to a speedy trial, or it is deemed appropriate to promote a fair determination of the guilt or innocence of one (1) or more defendants; or

(ii) if before trial the court determines that one (1) or more of the defendants will not receive a fair trial because of potentially prejudicial publicity against another defendant; or

(iii) if during trial, upon consent of the defendant to be severed, it is deemed necessary to achieve a fair determination of the guilt or innocence of one (1) or more defendants.

(c) When such information would assist the court in ruling on a motion for severance of defendants, the court may order the prosecuting attorney to disclose any statements made by the defendant which he intends to introduce in evidence at the trial.

Reporter's Note, 2005 Amendment: In Woolbright v. State, 357 Ark. 62, 160 S.W.3d 315 (2004), the Supreme Court barred the use of dual juries until development of a rule that specifically addresses the practical considerations necessary to safeguard the rights of defendants. The 2005 amendments modified subsection (a) to incorporate this holding.

Associated Court Rules:
Rules of Criminal Procedure
Group Title:
Article VI. Pretrial procedures: Joinder and Severance

03/04/2015
04:42 PM NOTICE APPEAR AND SHOW CAUSE
Entry: CRYSTAL LOWERY
** the image shows, Report/set trial 7/7/15 at 830am (go over last min stuff jmo before her trial 7/15) AL trial is this date
https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=G1IN2R9AWANKBSQF3R22I7WXESCWK5

03/04/2015
04:42 PM NOTICE APPEAR AND SHOW CAUSE
Entry: AARON LEWIS
**the image show

WE WISH TO ADVISE THAT THE ABOVE CASE CHARGING WITH THE OFFENSE 1&2 HAS BEEN SET FOR (counts and dates are hand written)

OMNIBUS HEARING: June 1, 2015 at 830am (pretrial hearing)

Jury Trial: July 7, 2015 at 9am

https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=3K28QPXW3T6EK1Y0R2KFMKE342VGWN

**** INTERESTING: it states Counts 1&2 which is the Capital Murder and Kidnapping.... Doesn't say anything about Count 3 the Firearms charges so I thought maybe they would use that at sentencing ... BUT reading on down.... its handwritten further down:
Cnt 3 ~ 7/15/15 at 900am
<<<< that is the date and time for of CL trial .... hmmmmm

Curious as to the Robbery charge for AL and the Theft by Receiving for CL...

Drew Petrimoulx joined the team in March of 2013.

He was born in Tampa, FL but comes to Arkansas from Orlando where he was a reporter at WFTV-Ch 9.

In Orlando, Drew covered the Casey Anthony murder trial and other high-profile cases. He's been a guest on many nationally-viewed programs such as Larry King Live and Nancy Grace.

Drew started his journalism career in radio while studying political science at the University of Central Florida.

In his spare time, he likes to travel and play sports. As a lover of anything outdoors, Drew is right at home in the Natural State.

**LOL OH LORT!!!! Doesn't look like he has gotten much to do so far on this case. Thank for the Eagle Eye there SeeAlice!

03/11/2015
03:52 PM ORDER TO DISMISS
Entry: DEF'S PRO SE MOTION FILED ON JANUARY 4,2015
Images WEB https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/imaging/IMAGES/DMS/CK_Image.Present2?DMS_ID=LJ7Y0KFCERJIA5LV916KOVEXTJBXNW

We all remember AL's neatly handwritten filings he made earlier pertaining to his letter that he was trying to send to CL by way of his attorney that was confiscated by the ADC.

The court earlier determined that AL could not file his own pleadings AND retain counsel, so they never ruled. But now, since he released his attorney and is proceeding pro se, they have ruled on the things he filed.

It basically says that the ADC is not a party to this case and this court has no jurisdiction over the ADC's enforcement of regulations, so the order is dismissed. The other pleadings were pertaining to his representation and the Act III evaluation. Since his attorney has now been relieved and the Act III evaluation is complete, those issues are now moot.

I guess if he wants to pursue his case against the ADC regarding the letter, then he will have to re-file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x