AR AR - Brooke Burchett, 33, Pottsville, 21 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is great news for her, but REALLY? LE and her family knew where she was, and that she was safe, the day after she was reported missing? And allowed the x-boyfriend to go to the effort of filing documents to get custody of the child, and apparently also didn't inform LE in his town that there was no missing woman. And meanwhile the family was posting impassioned pleas on social media that they need help finding her.

To "protect the integrity" of what case?

Well, anyway, glad she's safe.
No kidding!! Protect the privacy of the family?

I may keep tabs on the court website, partly because I’m nosy like that. But also because I want to know if what was said in the custody filing was true.

So what conditions would meet the Pottsville PD's description as posted on their FB page? "Due to the protracted circumstances surrounding Ms. Burchett’s disappearance, it was determined by the Pottsville Police Department and Ms. Burchett’s immediate family, that it was in her best interest to not divulge or disseminate any updated information. This was done in order to preserve the integrity of this case, to help ensure the safety and the safe return of Ms. Burchett, as well as respecting the privacy of the Burchett family. "

I am glad she is safe.
WORD SALAD, with extra ranch dressing.

Understanding that we will most likely never have 'the whole story,' I am resisting any opinion/comment in the hope that another (explanatory) chapter is to follow....other than to say that it sends a negative vibe from all involved, and noone is well served by the status quo.

Her mother, who waged an agonizing public campaign to find her daughter, was never told that LE and her other side of the family knew where she was all along. She is now publicly demanding answers from LE as to why that was.

Who knows. But cases like this will dilute the energy and reaction from people who could help, the next time someone goes "missing".

Hmm. So many questions after that police department post.
1. This was done in order to preserve the integrity of this case, to help ensure the safety and the safe return of Ms. Burchett, as well as respecting the privacy of the Burchett family.
BBM- to help ensure … the safe return of Ms Burchett? My first read of this had my head going to her being somewhere against her will, but I’m sure that’s jumping to conclusions. Anyone have other, likely more reasonable/realistic, reads of this line?

2. Due to the protracted circumstances surrounding Ms Burchett's disappearance
Protracted circumstances? The PD was notified of her location ~24 hours after she was reported missing, so as missing persons cases go, that doesn’t seem super long-lasting to me. But, again, I might be (and probably am) misinterpreting their message, or not understanding what they’re saying as a whole. Other thoughts as to why they’re referring to the circumstances of her disappearance as protracted?

Her mother, who waged an agonizing public campaign to find her daughter, was never told that LE and her other side of the family knew where she was all along. She is now publicly demanding answers from LE as to why that was.

Who knows. But cases like this will dilute the energy and reaction from people who could help, the next time someone goes "missing".
Source?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back