AR - Bryan Malinowski, 53, airport executive, involved in home shootout with ATF during warrant service - Little Rock, 19 Mar 2024

MOO: He didn’t need the money. This was a bright man with an advanced education and longstanding experience, one-percenting it in Arkansas. Maybe he wanted the money, but none of this was about needing the money … the striking aspect of this case is that it tears away the obvious motive, financial, which would be the case in most unregulated gun sale at scale situations. So: we are all left to ask: what was his motive? Many theories, right?

Awarding a posthumous bonus to a criminal? Doesn’t seem fair to taxpayers.
MOO: this is straight defense by a well-advised board, which just saved themselves way more than $24K in lawyers’ fees by awarding this bonus and pre-empting potential future litigation. This is $24K for his family to go away, kindly. I realize I sound extremely cold in posting this but I am confident, MOO, that they were legally advised and they understood the long-term gain embedded in short-term taxpayer pain here. Good move, in my eyes.

MOO: this is straight defense by a well-advised board, which just saved themselves way more than $24K in lawyers’ fees by awarding this bonus and pre-empting potential future litigation. This is $24K for his family to go away, kindly. I realize I sound extremely cold in posting this but I am confident, MOO, that they were legally advised and they understood the long-term gain embedded in short-term taxpayer pain here. Good move, in my eyes.

Perhaps, but I don't see how his employer was liable in any way for his death. He broke the law himself and, when Feds came to arrest him at his own residence, he resisted and began shooting at them. How is that the employer's fault?

Perhaps, but I don't see how his employer was liable in any way for his death. He broke the law himself and, when Feds came to arrest him at his own residence, he resisted and began shooting at them. How is that the employer's fault?
You’re absolutely right, it’s not at all. Which would come to legal light after a filing, a bunch of injunctions, probably 10+ requests for documentation (they’d have to put multiple employees on this for months just to discover/scan/file), depositions, multiple hearings, settlement conferences, mediation, arbitration, back to trial … maybe 5 years? Easily $2-3M in Little Rock attorneys fees (would be $5-6 in LA or NYC). This $24K is a small price to pay. This is classic knowing when to hold em and when to fold em. Especially considering that I MOO: bet that they don’t know what’s on his work computer in terms of file tracing, but the ATF will, if they don’t already, and I again MOO: predict it will not be pretty.

There is no timetable for when the Pulaski County prosecutor's office will make a decision about the officer-involved shooting that ended in Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport/Adams Field Airport Executive Director Bryan Malinowski's death, according to WJ the Pulaski County prosecuting attorney.

Did Malinowski have a history of head injuries? The contours of his brow ridge/nose bridge look asymmetrical, maybe he had frontal lobe damage at some point.

Closing the gun show loophole will undoubtedly save many lives, though. Malinowski was buying guns from federally licensed dealers and re-selling them at gun shows to ex-cons and others who are legally banned from buying weapons. JMO, he knew he was breaking the law and that the ATF was going to arrest him.

MOO: He didn’t need the money. This was a bright man with an advanced education and longstanding experience, one-percenting it in Arkansas. So: we are all left to ask: what was his motive? Many theories, right?
I agree with you regarding his high income in a low cost of living state (one percenting it in Arkansas- love it) detracts from a money motive.

At the same time, some, or many people, spend what they earn. A taste for bling could slowly, but steadily put him in debt, despite "one percenting" in Arkansas.

Then factor in that there do not seem to be any indications of another motive: Social media was not heavy on 2A references, militias etc. Was not known be a member of a militia, on a talk circuit (whether or physical or YouTube). Nor, did he engage his undercover customers with right wing talk or justifications.

Rather, his pitch seemed purely commercial- "I can get you more for less. "Dont see what you want on the table, just ask..." Even his selling point that no back ground checks were needed appeared to be largely a technical recitation of the law, sans any outspoken belief that such requirements are inherently unconstitutional.

This is not to say that M did not have any political beliefs regarding the Second Amendment. But... he seemed cash driven at heart.

Last edited:
Then factor in that there do not seem to be any indications of another motive: Social media was not heavy on 2A references, militias etc. Was not known be a member of a militia, on a talk circuit (whether or physical or YouTube). Nor, did he engage his undercover customers with right wing talk or justifications.
He was pretty old, was this guy actually using social media frequently?
Do we even know all of the customers he sold to?

I agree with you regarding his high income in a low cost of living state (one percenting it in Arkansas- love it) detracts from a money motive.

At the same time, some, or many people, spend what they earn. A taste for bling could slowly, but steadily put him in debt, despite "one percenting" in Arkansas.

Rather, his pitch seemed purely commercial- "I can get you more for less. "Dont see what you want on the table, just ask..." Even his selling point that no back ground checks were needed appeared to be largely a technical recitation of the law, sans any outspoken belief that such requirements are inherently unconstitutional.

This is not to say that M did not have any political beliefs regarding the Second Amendment. But... he seemed cash driven at heart.
IMO it sounds like he was amoral, IOW a mercenary arms dealer.

It would be interesting to know if he was selling to known dangerous criminals, or selling to criminal gangs in foreign countries.
He was- though perhaps not directly.

The complaint specified that weapons sold by him were winding up with convicted felons, being used in crimes, or winding up in Canada where the specific weapons in question are illegal.

And.... the complaint also detailed that M specialized in selling weapons favored by gangs (ultra compact AR-15 variants) and was seeking to expand his already steady business further by offering to obtain additional weapons for customers and renting additional tables at gun shows.

As a side note, I have seen private sellers at gun shows. Nearly all were selling either WWII rifles or small numbers of older Beretta, Colt, and Walther pistols favored by collectors. Others had older or high end shotguns and hunting rifles. I never heard any of these vendors even remotely offer to obtain additional weapons for large purchases.

Meanwhile..... M had three tables loaded down with "new in the box" and very non collectible guns that he was selling via private sales with "no back ground check" being a stated selling point.

Last edited:
He was- though perhaps not directly.

The complaint specified that weapons sold by him were winding up with convicted felons, being used in crimes, or winding up in Canada where the specific weapons in question are illegal.

And.... the complaint also detailed that M specialized in selling weapons favored by gangs (ultra compact AR-15 variants) and was seeking to expand his already steady business further by offering to obtain additional weapons for customers and renting additional tables at gun shows.

As a side note, I have seen private sellers at gun shows. Nearly all were selling either WWII rifles or small numbers of older Beretta, Colt, and Walther pistols favored by collectors. Others had older or high end shotguns and hunting rifles. I never heard any of these vendors even remotely offer to obtain additional weapons for large purchases.

Meanwhile..... M had three tables loaded down with "new in the box" and very non collectible guns that he was selling via private sales with "no back ground check" being a stated selling point.

Yes, it sounds like he was getting into selling to some dangerous people. AR-15 style weapons are never good for anyone, especially when they end up in the wrong hands. If the Canadian government was able to trace AR-15 weapons back to this guy in Arkansas, they probably pressured the US government to track it down and stop those sales. Canada has sensible gun laws and won't tolerate Americans or anyone else selling military grade weapons (probably military grade ammo, too) to civilians in their country. Good for them. JMO

Yes, it sounds like he was getting into selling to some dangerous people. AR-15 style weapons are never good for anyone, especially when they end up in the wrong hands. If the Canadian government was able to trace AR-15 weapons back to this guy in Arkansas, they probably pressured the US government to track it down and stop those sales. Canada has sensible gun laws and won't tolerate Americans or anyone else selling military grade weapons (probably military grade ammo, too) to civilians in their country. Good for them. JMO
Anyone seeking to obtain a firearm while avoiding a background check is a dangerous person.

He had committed several crimes already with his illegal weapon sales. Comments above explain how his employer probably did this to make his family go away, so it was probably a sensible decision.
I would say prove it. The man was killed at his home, rather than simply arrested at his office and never had a trial. Ever hear of presumed innocent? I don't even like guns but there is a process for indicting, arraigning and trying the accused - or, I guess, the ATF or whoever can just go and kill them and not bother with such unalienable rights.

I would say prove it. The man was killed at his home, rather than simply arrested at his office and never had a trial. Ever hear of presumed innocent? I don't even like guns but there is a process for indicting, arraigning and trying the accused - or, I guess, the ATF or whoever can just go and kill them and not bother with such unalienable rights.

They went to his home to arrest him because that's how the FBI does things. It's probably safer than trying to arrest someone at their office - located in a busy public airport. They usually don't have a lot of options. The perp is the one who chose to barricade himself in his home and shoot at LE.

They went to his home to arrest him because that's how the FBI does things. It's probably safer than trying to arrest someone at their office - located in a busy public airport. They usually don't have a lot of options. The perp is the one who chose to barricade himself in his home and shoot at LE.
You're making a lot of assumptions. Yes, the FBI, ATF like to go in like SWAT teams but maybe you should ask yourself why that is when it's not necessary. When someone comes breaking down your door, when you're sound asleep, it's natural to wake up terrified that it's intruders/a home invasion and a lot of people have guns for such an instance. Many innocent people or people who could have easily been served or arrested elsewhere have been killed in these overzealous raids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back