GUILTY AR - Casey Crowder, 17, Pine Bluff, 27 Aug 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snyder said police believe they may know why Casey was killed but declined to disclose the possible motive.

This quote is from the article posted most recently.

I wonder what the motive was for this murder.

Does anyone know what the cause of death was?
and
Was she sexually violated?

I'm guessing not, since she was found clothed.

Tristan said:
This quote is from the article posted most recently.

I wonder what the motive was for this murder.

Does anyone know what the cause of death was?
and
Was she sexually violated?

I'm guessing not, since she was found clothed.

I 2nd all those questions???????

Does anyone have an update ...thanks????????

~aussieblue

Unfortunately, there has not been any media attention to this case since the crime lab results came back regarding the truck.
aussieblue said:
I 2nd all those questions???????
Does anyone have an update ...thanks????????

~aussieblue

I wonder why the silence on this case.

Also, does anyone have any theories as to what the police meant when they
said that they think they know *why* she was killed.

I can understand them knowing how she was killed, but what leads them
to know the motive?

Tristan said:
I wonder why the silence on this case.

Also, does anyone have any theories as to what the police meant when they
said that they think they know *why* she was killed.

I can understand them knowing how she was killed, but what leads them
to know the motive?

I hope the silence is because they are building the case and have a strong suspect.

I can't confirm this at the moment, but my babysitter told me this morning it was announced on the morning news that an arrest had been made. She said it is a truck driver. I have not found anything online to back this up. I hope it is true!

Good! I had read on another forum a good while back that the locals suspected a K.O. and he was a truck driver. Guess they were right.

Are there any updates on Casey?

I wonder why they aren't releasing the cause of death.

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2006/09/30/news/news1.txt

TRUCKER COULD FACE DEATH PENALTY

By Patty Wooten/OF THE COMMERCIAL STAFF
Friday, September 29, 2006 10:56 PM CDT
ARKANSAS CITY — The man accused of kidnapping and killing 17-year-old Casey Crowder was denied bail Friday on capital murder and kidnapping charges, beginning a legal process that could end in a death sentence if he’s convicted.

Kenneth Ray Osburn, a 46-year-old widowed truck driver and father of two from the Wolfe Project near McGehee, had his first court appearance on charges of capital murder and kidnapping.

He allegedly kidnapped the Pine Bluff girl during the early morning hours of Aug. 27 when her vehicle ran out of gas on U.S 65 at Dumas, then strangled her to death.

oh wow, a father of 2. and this was his first killing.....???

I'd like to know if his wife's death was suspicious. And where and the hell he has been all these years and if he's a connection to any other deaths. I just do not believe this is the first time.

very good question! i'm just glad they found him so fast & got him off the streets.

I must have gone to school with this creep, as we're roughly the same age, although I can't place his name or face. I lived both in Tillar and McGehee in the 60s and 70s--two communities he's listed as living in as well. The Wolfe Project is named after my grandfather's best friend, who donated the land to the county for lower income housing in his will. Also, the killer's daughter apparently works in the same nursing home my aunt is in, and I went to school with the judge slated to hear the case. Small damn world.

I hope the LE checks him out for the murder of Amanda Tusing, which happened in 2000 about three hours from where Casey was murdered. These cases have quite a few similarities.

This hits close to home. My grandparents live near Pine Bluff and I go there many times every year. The crime rate near Pine Bluff I would think would be higher than other parts of the state. What a horrible thing to happen to such a pretty girl.
eek.gif
furious.gif

Glad that they caught the killer. I still wonder what LE think the motive was. To me it would seem that the truck driver saw Casey walking and he picked her up telling her that he would take her to a gas station to get gas with every intention of raping and killing her. Maybe he didn't get to the rape if she fought him and he ended up strangling her to get her to stop screaming or fighting him.

I wonder too if this was the first murder for this guy. Maybe he just didn't get caught before. As ugly as things are in this world today I still see a girl hitchhiking now and then. I wonder what they are thinking!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back