AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also looking forward to hearing some more from the adults who were in the home with her when she disappeared-her friends might have more to add as well? Usually it is that one bit of previously unshared information that cracks a case wide open. I saw some concern on the facebook pages from people who were feeling shy of LE for whatever reason. There are all kinds of ways to communicate tips if you are nervous about calling law enforcement. :)

And now I am quoting myself.... just looked at mom's fb, and both missing fb pages plus a few other places and it seems they all have the poster with the 1999 date of birth listed. This really aggravates me because accurate info needs to be on missing flyers. And as far as I am concerned, if the date is wrong, as her mother, that error should have popped out at her immediately! And if by some chance the date of birth is correct, then why is her own mother stating her age wrong? It seems right now, NCMEC is the only place to find a birthdate that lines up with her being 15.

I believe someone else made the flyers. They noted the accidentally put the incorrect year and iirc they've since corrected it

Why do you all believe this case hasn't caught fire? There are definitely echoes of several high profile cases and with the duck hunting season getting underway, there are some really good opportunities to spread the word via media and flyers.

(sorry to hijack the thread everyone)

The dove hunting season was from 9/6-9/30. I wonder if any of the dove hunters came across anything relevant to Cassie's disappearance without realizing it? Here is a local article about the start of the bird season:

Link Here

Think this group might be interested in having a tip box and some flyers to hand out during the festivities?

STUTTGART —
For the second year, Sistas with Style (SwS) will present a Harvest Party from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at John Cain Park.
The annual Harvest Party is a community outreach designed to allow children to enjoy themselves in a safe and monitored environment.
Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141030/News/141039989#ixzz3Hf2QuPQS

I watched this on JVM last night, and I can't seem to get out of my head that the mom's BF claimed the police told him he had to wait 72 hours? Also, as a mom, I would be the one calling that in. I would want to be the one talking to those police officers. I don't think ppl should pigeon hole themselves into only looking at this older guy. I would be taking a serious look into this young lady's home life.

I am just starting to read up on this case and have many pages to catch up on. However, I wanted to ask, did moms BF take a poly? Based on his comment that police told him he had to wait 72 hours, I do not believe he called.

Who saw Cassie enter the house? Did mom actually see her, or is she taking her bf's word for it?

Questions asked and now back to reading.

Ok, I hadn't heard this before. So, Cassie's mom's boyfriend says he called police the night before and the other adult (Cassie's friend's mom) says that Cassie's mom's boyfriend also called her that night as well, around 9pm. But the mom says she didn't even know Cassie was gone until the next morning? That doesn't sound right at all.

I caught that too. Did I read correctly that it was mom who was sick and in the bedroom the last time she saw her daughter?

Still catching up but there are already holes and inconsistencies in the story from mom and her bf. Have the neighbors been interviewed? Anyone here or see anything after the friend dropped her off?

Cassie is a prettier, younger mini-me of her mother. I don't like where my suspicions are going with this.

Cross posting cuz I think it needs to get out there.

As with pretty much all small town cases where foul play is quite possibly involved people are afraid to speak up. Please, if you are reading this call LE or if you're not comfortable with that, call anonymously to 855-seek-lost and Klaas Kids will make sure that the information gets to the right people. If you are afraid, there are ways to go about getting the information you might have out there to the right people, while still protecting your privacy/anonymity. It's a small town, someone knows something... and regardless of how people feel about everyone else in this case, Cassie needs and deserves to be found.

What is very concerning to me is the last communication that Cassie had that day was a TEXT that she sent her friend after he dropped her off back at home.
:gaah:
Anyone could have sent that text from her phone.

Anyone who had access to Cassie's phone from the time her friend dropped her off until her mom awoke and noticed her missing. Interesting too that the text was she was going to buy cigarette's. How many times have we heard someone claimed to go get cigarette's and never came back. I think that text came to mind like a whisper in the wind.......

I'll leave it at that.

Did any neighbors see Cassie walking to buy cigarettes the night she went missing? Surely the neighborhood has been canvased, no?

The link below states she is 42.

I'm confused. So she allowed a 5 year old (a child born in 1993, is this the older sister?) to be molested? But not by her? Does that crime put her on the sex offender list? Or did commit her own sex offense?

The 5 years is the length of time she was on probation. She was convicted in 1998. The math would match up to being convicted when she was expecting Cassie?

Did anyone find an arrest date? Was that before she was expecting Cassie?

If anything, I interpreted the RSO charge based on not intervening....

All around this doesn't look good for Cassie.

Boyfriend in the video's facial reactions speak volumes. I didn't see any worry about Cassie in his emotions.

I don't know if I am allowed to post this... but it looks like the dad is a registered sex offender as well. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/OKFA48D2496C9A1E8F90AC111D4810FA4D/Roy-W-Compton.html

Dad sexually assaulted a child and mom did nothing about it so they were both charged?? MOO

Perhaps history was repeating itself?

:thud:

Kids don't get to pick their parents, and sometimes parents rights or family reunification trumps the child's best interest or needs.

regardless of her family background, she still needs to be brought home. A sad situation all around.

Mother is not an RSO. That page above is one of those commercial types, probably listed due to the statute she was given probation for- which coincides with Dad's arrest/conviction. She is not in the Oklahoma registry.

Not every RSO is mandated to register for life. Some are court ordered to register for a certain amount of time, say 10 years for example, and then they are no longer required to register. JC was convicted in 1998, it is quite possible she is past the court mandated time to register.

I was in the FB group and this morning there was a post that Klass Kids was in town for Cassie. I went to look for it and I'm not in the group anymore :(

I was in the FB group and this morning there was a post that Klass Kids was in town for Cassie. I went to look for it and I'm not in the group anymore :(

That's strange, why would they delete a post like that? IF in fact Klass Kids is in town the locals need to know that and reach out to them to see what KK needs. Donations of many kinds can help.

I have an email from 5:41 am (central) saying the group had been changed from public to closed. It was between 7-10 am when I read the post saying Klass Kids was there, and I clicked "like". I checked in here tonight thinking there would be lots of conversation and there was only the one post mentioning it. (Somewhere between posts 201-250 ETA: post 242.) So I went to FB again and couldn't find the post in my timeline so I searched for the group and it came up with a "join group" option which means I was removed from the group. It's really strange because like you said, publicity is really important right now!

I have an email from 5:41 am (central) saying the group had been changed from public to closed. It was between 7-10 am when I read the post saying Klass Kids was there, and I clicked "like". I checked in here tonight thinking there would be lots of conversation and there was only the one post mentioning it. (Somewhere between posts 201-250 ETA: post 242.) So I went to FB again and couldn't find the post in my timeline so I searched for the group and it came up with a "join group" option which means I was removed from the group. It's really strange because like you said, publicity is really important right now!

How frustrating! This little sweetheart as well as Klass Kids needs all the public publicity they can get. I can only imagine the group more than likely had some people who went there for sick reasons, and that could frustrate who ran the group, however changing the group to closed for whatever reasons they have is a mistake in my opinion. I feel like many people have failed this little girl and she has slipped through the cracks, and deleting the post and making the group a closed group just feel like another failure to me. This girl deserves high exposure, cases like this need to be in the limelight and awareness needs to be shared about how things like this happen.

I just checked and it states page not available . I was on it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela