AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious...how many of you call your daughters "baby girl" or know someone who does? I wouldn't find it natural to call my daughter that...I call them munchkin, banana, squirrel...lol. My girls are tweens. But I know lots of people have lots of different nicknames for their kids, so I'm just asking.

My daughter is 11 and I call her that. But, I'm a dad... not a mom. I still think it is a fairly common phrase in the South, though.

I am mystified as to how the weekend passed with no big push, but I dont know what to say anymore. I think we see this alot in MP cases-people get frustrated or bogged down by other things and drift away to RL.

She is out there somewhere. It is getting cold and she may be all alone waiting to be found. Even if you believe one of the people responsible is behind bars, she still needs to be brought home. She is just a child. :(

For anyone scouring social media, please pm any photos you find of her from derby the weekend she went missing, or wearing anything remotely like she was described to be wearing. TIA!!

It seems as if Cassie had to be transported most places-I have missed it if there was information which indicated her mom drove her to and from most places or even any places. So did most of the kids she hung out with have vehicles?

My daughter is 11 and I call her that. But, I'm a dad... not a mom. I still think it is a fairly common phrase in the South, though.

I call everybody baby girl! Even people I don't know out in the community. Like, if a little-ish girl holds the door for me, I will say, "Thank you, baby girl!" New Orleans here. It seems 100% normal to me.

I use "Baby Girl" a lot too especially with my sons GF's. (We have no girls ourselves) I think it a term of endearment, especially in the South.

Could someone summarize this case for me please of if there is a timeline can someone link it please? I just can't go through so many posts confused.

I am not sure about Wal-Mart as they have sliding doors (and I tend to drop off someone to run inside for me on smaller trips). But I promise to check into it tomorrow. Most of the flyers I notice as being most visible are when there is aluminum frame construction where you pull a glass door toward you. Downtown stores were covered by the couple who ran the Donut Palace that very first week about Sept. 17/18. Right when her story landed on the front page of local newspaper. Mack's has sliding doors, but might suggest a B&W version that could be dropped in bags upon checkout. I do know a few restaurants also have her flyer at the drive-through windows to look at as you wait for your food.

Many Walmarts have a wall somewhere with missing kids on it. Sometimes it is just inside the door sometimes on the main wall where the front restrooms are.

z
Please be careful, the two of you, searching on your own...you never know what can happen in an area with underbrush or in the woods or in the water etc...not that I am telling you anything you dont know.

I hope anyone out searching wears hunter orange.

It seems as if Cassie had to be transported most places-I have missed it if there was information which indicated her mom drove her to and from most places or even any places. So did most of the kids she hung out with have vehicles?

Bumping my own post. I was looking into driving ages and restrictions for licensing etc. In Arkansas you can get a learners permit when you are 14. When you are 16 you are eligible for an intermediary driver's license provided you have been driving for 6 mos with no accidents and no moving violations.

Here are restrictions for a provisional driver's license which many of Cassie's friends may have qualified for:
With the AR provisional license, all drivers under 18 years old must adhere to the following:

• For the first 6 months, you must drive with an adult in the vehicle.
    • This restriction ends either after the 6 months are up, or when you turn 18 years old; whichever occurs first. Then you may drive alone.
  • You may NOT drive between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.
    • Exceptions are when accompanied by an adult at least 21 years old, or when driving to or from work, school, church, or because of anemergency.
  • All passengers must wear a seat belt at all times.
  • You may never drive while using a cell phone or wireless communication device, unless it is for emergency purposes.
  • You may ONLY carry 1 passenger that is a minor unrelated to you; otherwise, you must also have a licensed adult at least 21 years old in the vehicle.
  • You must also maintain a clean driving record for at least 12 months before applying for your full driver’s license.

First of all, Cassie could have had a learner's permit but only if she met certain qualifications, like proof of school enrollment and a 2.0 gpa. So I wonder if she had one? I can imagine her wanting to set herself up for her wings as soon as possible given that this was well before "butthead" was out of the door.

LINK HERE

Bumping my own post. I was looking into driving ages and restrictions for licensing etc. In Arkansas you can get a learners permit when you are 14. When you are 16 you are eligible for an intermediary driver's license provided you have been driving for 6 mos with no accidents and no moving violations.

Here are restrictions for a provisional driver's license which many of Cassie's friends may have qualified for:

First of all, Cassie could have had a learner's permit but only if she met certain qualifications, like proof of school enrollment and a 2.0 gpa. So I wonder if she had one? I can imagine her wanting to set herself up for her wings as soon as possible given that this was well before "butthead" was out of the door.

LINK HERE

It seems to me in situation where a child is being cut off from the outside world, the transportation limitation is one more way to keep her from venturing too far away.

I agree, iamnotagolem...it is so strange all of the contradictions here. She had a smart phone, she had facebook and she had sleepovers. We still dont know what she did during the day, but maybe we will eventually.

What if her activities during the day were helpful in determining the circumstances of her disappearance? These cases rarely happen in a vacuum...things lead up to them.

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20131212/NEWS/131219854

Just some thoughts again:

I have not heard back from the reporter.

Also, as to the FBI there probably was some connection between SPD and FBI as the FBI worked a case in Stuttgart culminating in December 2013. Usually the FBI are in the area for a while before making an arrest so there was some personal contact between SPD and FBI prior to this event which would make "reaching out" easier. Also, from the get go this was a multi-state investigation since one parent lived in OK and the other in Arkansas. So with the possibility of a relationship with a person with the FBI and multi-state the FBI could have been involved early. Keeping in mind that involvment could be as little as answering a phone call from SPD.

I dont know if you had a chance to delve into the media link highlighted by sreshowtime, Charlie5. There was a heinous murder case in July of this year and it appears that the Chief's son is at a minimum a material witness. ASP et al have taken over much of the case because of that fact.

It may be something along the lines of what Oriah alluded to-issues at the local level and perhaps differing opinions on what has happened in Cassie's case. *shrug*

I was wondering if the FBI was involved because Mother is an RSO?

That's a VERY good question! I have kind of been thinking it was because it was such a small town and local LE may not have the resources or the experience in this kind of case, but I like your idea better!

I dont know if you had a chance to delve into the media link highlighted by sreshowtime, Charlie5. There was a heinous murder case in July of this year and it appears that the Chief's son is at a minimum a material witness. ASP et al have taken over much of the case because of that fact.

It may be something along the lines of what Oriah alluded to-issues at the local level and perhaps differing opinions on what has happened in Cassie's case. *shrug*
I did see that as I was catching up. I want to think though that if the city had a confidence issue with the Chief since July there would have further action to remove him. He appears to have removed himself from the case involving his son which is a good thing. He is not the lead investigator on Cassie's case though.

I was wondering if the FBI was involved because Mother is an RSO
That might be a compelling side issue but as I understand the law sex offenses unless it involves some kind of interstate commerce is not in the purview of the FBI. Kidnapping, abduction would be.

Tonight's project -- I noticed on Cassie's most recent FB page that she only "liked" one single band. And that it wasn't a band I had ever heard of -- NOTHING TO OFFER. Sounds a little dismal in name, but I dug and found out they are a heavy metal Christian band out of central Florida. So I messaged their page, trying to find out if they had ever played near Arkansas or Oklahoma. I got a very kind response from their drummer, who addressed that Cassie had become a FB friend of his. He's going to do some reading and thinking to see if he can help with any details. In the meantime, they have posted a Missing Poster on their page with a personal note. Maybe she had another out-of-state friend through that "fan-dom." Some things might be easier to tell a stranger than someone near. At least there are more new prayers on board . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly