AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I found it. Passed it the first time in my search because of how the searches come up.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11165038#post11165038

Hi all. I just got registered after finding this thread through someone on another page. I live in Stuttgart, the town where Cassie is missing from. It seems like there are not any locals on here so I'm hoping I can answer any questions and clarify any issues, or what I can at least. I participated in the second search that was volunteer only, and actively searched for around 8 hours that day. Here are some things that I wanted to clarify after reading through the entire thread over the past few days:

1 - The closest gas station to her (and the one she would most likely walk to) would be the Shell on the corner of Main Street and 22nd Street. It is open 24 hours and is one of the busiest in town. I honestly do not know if they would sell to a minor. It is a small town and I'm sure that minors are occasionally sold to, but I'm 30 and I've even had to show my license at Shell. There is a Family Dollar within 4 blocks of her that sells cigarettes, they have a much smaller stock and selection though and stop selling at a certain time.

2 - There really isn't anywhere around here to take a leisurely or reflective walk. When you leave out of town there are crop fields in every direction and the woods are just that. This isn't what you'd call a pretty part of the state... you're not going to find any waterfalls, any hills, any real natural beauty (unless you prefer flat lands where you can see miles ahead of you).

3 - I have met the mom's boyfriend before. My husband owned a tire shop about a block from their house and he would stop in there every once in a while to talk. A few times he was in a money pinch and my husband would let him clean up around the shop or help out for a few dollars. He did not have a job or a car. He rode around town on his bike, often carrying and playing a guitar. He is a very peculiar guy and kind of creeped me out. He told me stories of being in the army (he wore full BDUs quite often), but I have since found out that he was never active in any service. He talked to himself when he was around me and was very full of himself. Others have told me that he is an obsessive liar and can make up some whoppers.

4 - I never met Judy until the search. She seemed genuinely hurt and concerned. I am under the impression that she believes Cassie ran away. I don't know, however, if this is because she is in complete denial that something worse could have happened. I am a mother of two young boys and I can't say that if something like this happened that I would want to face the possibility of anything worse. Someone mentioned how she acted in her interviews and her lack of crying. She seemed to be under the influence of some kind of sedative or anti-depressant. Who can blame her? I'd be a basketcase too.

5 - From what I have been told by friends close to Judy is that Tracy Snyder (the woman in the JVM interview) did not meet Cassie until about 3 weeks before her disappearance. Her son, Hunter, was the one who dropped her back off the night she went missing. Judy and her friends seemed to be quite appalled that she went on national television saying that her home was "Cassie's safe haven".

6 - The group of people raising awareness of Cassie's disappearance are doing a great job, considering they've not done this before and didn't even know Cassie. Yes, they recently changed their FB group's privacy settings. I don't think this was a great move either. I think they've put themselves in a position where they are going to get some criticism along with the praise and they need to just deal with it instead of getting cliquey, but they have chosen the latter. I believe there are much better ways for them to get her name out... there were some good suggestions on here.

7 - There were some rumors going around that Brandon was Cassie's boyfriend before her mother's... strangely with the age difference it makes more sense. I asked Judy and she said that was definitely not true. Brandon isn't necessarily someone a teenage girl would lust after, he doesn't have much going for him. I'm going to agree with most of you on here and say that Judy should have had much better judgement in that situation.

I covered quite a bit, but I know there are things I missed. I will try to keep up on here and see if I am helpful with anything else.

When going back through to find the info that Believe was looking for, something caught me. I found this in one of STM's posts, snipped to save space.

IF HS normally would drop Cassie off in the alley behind her house, why this time did he let her off at the driveway? Do we know for sure this was how it was done? STM does say she was "told" so she didn't see it herself. Was this how she was picked up? I doubt a friend of TS would pick her up that way. But IMO it could be how she was dropped off and TS just didn't know the difference, right? That did make me think though that it is a lot easier to drop someone's things in their home without being noticed if you sneak in the back door not up the driveway and them never exiting the vehicle (car, truck, SUV, your choice). Or them running in, grabbing something and running back out again. This just conjured up a lot more questions in my mind. Anyone else?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-2&p=11193084#post11193084

(Thread#2 Post #296)

Snipped by me "I was told that HS usually pulls up in the alley beside her house to pick her up or drop her off which doesn't really seem like he wants to stay and chat, but I wonder if he ever did."

Snipped by me from JVM Transcript-

"SNYDER: Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when

she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us."
(Only a portion of the statement)

TIME TO REF GOOGLE MAPS AGAIN -- The alley runs beside the house on the west side, parallel to the driveway. It is not "behind" the house because the house is situated facing 15th instead of Grand Avenue (which is parallel to the alley). If HS usually drove the alley, that kept him from having to back up in reverse. The alley is more like a side drive-through / drop- off. If he did pull into driveway, it is less likely JC's car was parked there. What would be the covered carport for her to park her car in has a table and chairs where people can sit like on a porch. So her car fills more space on the driveway itself. Someone pulling in behind JC's car would have the rear of their vehicle almost at the street curb.

TIME TO REF GOOGLE MAPS AGAIN -- The alley runs beside the house on the west side, parallel to the driveway. It is not "behind" the house because the house is situated facing 15th instead of Grand Avenue (which is parallel to the alley). If HS usually drove the alley, that kept him from having to back up in reverse. The alley is more like a side drive-through / drop- off. If he did pull into driveway, it is less likely JC's car was parked there. What would be the covered carport for her to park her car in has a table and chairs where people can sit like on a porch. So her car fills more space on the driveway itself. Someone pulling in behind JC's car would have the rear of their vehicle almost at the street curb.

Snipped by me "I was told that HS usually pulls up in the alley beside her house to pick her up or drop her off which doesn't really seem like he wants to stay and chat, but I wonder if he ever did."

The alley is beside her house. You can see it on Google Maps. I am not speaking for Caring, but I think intention was to type beside.

Given the size of the driveway, if it was noticeable that Cassie was walking up the driveway, it seems to me that Hunter pulled up in front of the driveway, not actually in it. Just a supposition on my part.

In any case, you can see that the "alley" (I would never call it that tbh) was well worn with tracks so it seems that it was commonly used either by the Compton's or everyone else who had ever lived there. Do we have a schematic of the house because what I am not seeing is a porch.

Got4, the post Caring was referencing of yours regarding the phone...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Oriah
I cringe too, because it means Cassie and/or Cassie's phone-or both- may be right under our noses.

Unless Cassie's phone was recovered, or she had more than one communication device in use at the time she went missing and that too was recovered...none of this makes sense.

A missing phone cannot be pinged unless it is functional. Cassie's phone was allegedly rapidly 'dead' after she disappeared. Before, in fact, the missing report was filed.

Have other people come forward who were able to call/txt/ etc Cassie's phone before it went 'dead'? Perhaps the Snyders? Other friends? Anyone??? You know, anyone who might still be in possession of their phone??

Got4 response:

TS specifically had posted (look at live FB feed for Mon. Sept. 15) that they were trying to contact Cassie until the phone went dead / malfunctioned at about 10:30 p.m. the night before (Noting here a distinct change in the way the phone was operating. The posting is not something being recalled after the MP status.)

So TS indicates that they were trying to reach her until 10:30PM the night of 9/14. So after 3 increasingly frantic phone calls from BR, TS/they (again with the implied multiple people) tried to reach her themselves until the phone died/malfunctioned.

How could they tell what happened to the phone btw?

Does that mean prior to 10:30PM the phone would ring and eventually go to VM? Did that mean the phone went straight to VM and after it died/malfuntioned it just rang and rang no VM? What happened to make peeps believe the phone died/malfuntioned?

Running over the Google Maps now, but wanted to mention quick while you guys are discussing that the quote wasn't mine, it was STMs so if there was any behind/beside miscommunication she would need to alter that. I took her post quote word for word.

TY for the hard work of digging, Caring. I cant find anything that indicates BR was well known by SPD either. So I am trying to figure out the origin of it, because it seems that there are a number of people in Stuttgart that might stand out in many ways and his priors (before Cassie's disappearance) dont seem likely to have brought him onto their radar in any major way. They have a pile of level 3 offenders right around her that probably (hopefully) were high on their list. I would hope some if not all were questioned by police. I havent heard anything regarding that, although the drug sweeps are food for thought.

Running over the Google Maps now, but wanted to mention quick while you guys are discussing that the quote wasn't mine, it was STMs so if there was any behind/beside miscommunication she would need to alter that. I took her post quote word for word.

Got it. Sorry for the mis attribution. :blowkiss:

So my original question-did HS call/txt/go search for Cassie after BR's 3 phone calls?

Answer: (via got4) In the words of TS "they" called Cassie's phone until about 1030PM when it either died or malfunctioned.

Next questions from me:
-Did HS call around/tx mutual friends to ask them if they had seen Cassie/talked to Cassie?
-Did HS go out and look for her out of concern that her phone had died/malfunctioned?

The alley is beside her house. You can see it on Google Maps. I am not speaking for Caring, but I think intention was to type beside.

Given the size of the driveway, if it was noticeable that Cassie was walking up the driveway, it seems to me that Hunter pulled up in front of the driveway, not actually in it. Just a supposition on my part.

In any case, you can see that the "alley" (I would never call it that tbh) was well worn with tracks so it seems that it was commonly used either by the Compton's or everyone else who had ever lived there. Do we have a schematic of the house because what I am not seeing is a porch.

It is just a carport, not a real elevated porch. I believe the house was relocated from the old airbase because what should be the front door faces east. You can tell looking at the window placements. The supposed-to-be front door opens into fenced yard for dogs. You can see schematic without interior walls at:

http://www.arcountydata.com/parcel.asp?item=6AEB7&Page=1&countycode=ARKTAX

Notice that "doorstep" on the east side.

So, if we cannot attribute/verify that BR was well known to SPD, it makes the 72 hour comment less likely to be a brush off or possibly even true imvho.

Let's go back to Twinmom's original assertion that she had seen a police report indicating the BR was actually at SPD on 9/14 and that she could name the officer involved. If that is true, something changed their mind about taking the report.

I am going to ponder a theory that something occurred between 6PM 9/14 and 10AM 9/15 that might have been tied to her disappearance in retrospect. Maybe someone called in a complaint of screaming or a domestic incident....kwim? A car accident, a traffic stop, an arrest or incident of some kind.

So, if we cannot attribute/verify that BR was well known to SPD, it makes the 72 hour comment less likely to be a brush off or possibly even true imvho.

Let's go back to Twinmom's original assertion that she had seen a police report indicating the BR was actually at SPD on 9/14 and that she could name the officer involved. If that is true, something changed their mind about taking the report.

I am going to ponder a theory that something occurred between 6PM 9/14 and 10AM 9/15 that might have been tied to her disappearance in retrospect. Maybe someone called in a complaint of screaming or a domestic incident....kwim? A car accident, a traffic stop, an arrest or incident of some kind.

Just for clarification purposes- here is Twinmom's post. I don't know that she really saw an actual report vs was told by someone that this took place. It could simply be that someone admitted to seeing him in SPD and that someone did take notes. Those notes didn't necessarily have to be officially documented, we all know how things have gone thus far. Who knows if TwinMom was really just told by a townie over coffee that "Yes I saw BR there that night, I was in there and he was talking to XYZ and he was writing things down." Sad but true.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11181971#post11181971

It has actually been verified and corrected that BR did in fact go to the PD that evening and an officer took the statement. Another officer came to the home the next day to find out what was going on after being called by TS.

It is just a carport, not a real elevated porch. I believe the house was relocated from the old airbase because what should be the front door faces east. You can tell looking at the window placements. The supposed-to-be front door opens into fenced yard for dogs. You can see schematic without interior walls at:

http://www.arcountydata.com/parcel.asp?item=6AEB7&Page=1&countycode=ARKTAX

Notice that "doorstep" on the east side.

Is it just me or does Google Maps keep changing W 15th to Park Dr?

OK now I want to correct MYSELF! lol SORRY!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11182066#post11182066

I will have to look at the report and get back to you on that after the meeting. I don't want to estimate or try to remember. I want it to be accurate.

There is also this point that should be made....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11182024#post11182024

I knew that an officer did not come to the house until the next morning, JC and a couple others confirmed that. Judy did not say anything to me about BR going to the police station, just that someone (not sure of the name, but not BR) called LE.

...and this....
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11182072#post11182072

The officer confirmed that he rode his bicycle to the police station. (Admin. is it ok to post officers name or initialls?)

So the question still is - IS THERE A REPORT? If there is then JC was either out of it or lied. If there is not then TwinMom gave bad info....It would've been nice if she had stayed, I believe her perspective would be helpful.

Is it just me or does Google Maps keep changing W 15th to Park Dr?

It's EAST 15th instead of west. We don't have a Park Drive in town, but there is Park Avenue further east. It is the main road around the east side of town passing directly by the mills. Hope that helps.

Twinmom96
user-offline.png
Verified Insider - Cassie Compton Case
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SmallTownMomma
I knew that an officer did not come to the house until the next morning, JC and a couple others confirmed that. Judy did not say anything to me about BR going to the police station, just that someone (not sure of the name, but not BR) called LE.

The officer confirmed that he rode his bicycle to the police station. (Admin. is it ok to post officers name or initialls?)​

Based on this post, it seems clear that Twinmom saw a report, at least imo. It would be nice to have it. But this is akin to the one sided txt conversation...there is nothing that confirms it. Nothing that verifies it. The one and only report we have is by JC. No TS, no BR.

If we go back to the beginning, and we choose to believe that BR went to SPD after 3 phone calls to the Snyder's, we are left with the 72 hour statement that BR claims.

So, the question is why did someone tell him that, if you believe his actual visit to be true? It has been suggested that he was known to SPD and perhaps brushed aside. I dont know why and if he was known to SPD-I cant see any reason why he would be so if he wasnt simply brushed aside because they knew him and were getting rid of him, what happened that changed their mind? Because 14 hours later we had a report filed.

I think there was an incident that in retrospect might have been tied to her disappearance. That is the direction I am headed in right now. I think that TS's statements about the alley and the driveway are worth picking apart, especially given our prior direction where we were speculating that TS might have been in the car/suv/truck/vehicle. (Her evolving description of what Cassie was driven home in.) Or following it. Or something. Remember that conversation?

Got4, the post Caring was referencing of yours regarding the phone...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Oriah
I cringe too, because it means Cassie and/or Cassie's phone-or both- may be right under our noses.

Unless Cassie's phone was recovered, or she had more than one communication device in use at the time she went missing and that too was recovered...none of this makes sense.

A missing phone cannot be pinged unless it is functional. Cassie's phone was allegedly rapidly 'dead' after she disappeared. Before, in fact, the missing report was filed.

Have other people come forward who were able to call/txt/ etc Cassie's phone before it went 'dead'? Perhaps the Snyders? Other friends? Anyone??? You know, anyone who might still be in possession of their phone??

Got4 response:

So TS indicates that they were trying to reach her until 10:30PM the night of 9/14. So after 3 increasingly frantic phone calls from BR, TS/they (again with the implied multiple people) tried to reach her themselves until the phone died/malfunctioned.

How could they tell what happened to the phone btw?

Does that mean prior to 10:30PM the phone would ring and eventually go to VM? Did that mean the phone went straight to VM and after it died/malfuntioned it just rang and rang no VM? What happened to make peeps believe the phone died/malfuntioned?
I always found this article interesting.

http://www.diligentiagroup.com/lega...g-cell-phone-location-cell-tower-information/

Officers can ping a phone themselves if the need arises. Or it pings when its used.
Believe09 is right, a phone has to be functional. But, it only has to be on. It can be out of service (out of airtime) and still ping off of wifi.
TS has wifi at home. If you look at her screen shots of cassie taken at night (taken by two different phones) there are no bars for service. Also, cell pings can be picked up at a 20+ mile radius depending on how much cel traffic.
Im not familiar with casscoe, but does it get service or would someone need wifi? And how far is TS from casscoe?

And before I forget... The ping was never verified, so I gather, but klass kids had reason to go to casscoe. It is very well possible that someone charged CC phone, picked up a wifi signal and it pinged in that area. But it doesn't have to necessarily be the casscoe area.

TY for the hard work of digging, Caring. I cant find anything that indicates BR was well known by SPD either. So I am trying to figure out the origin of it, because it seems that there are a number of people in Stuttgart that might stand out in many ways and his priors (before Cassie's disappearance) dont seem likely to have brought him onto their radar in any major way. They have a pile of level 3 offenders right around her that probably (hopefully) were high on their list. I would hope some if not all were questioned by police. I havent heard anything regarding that, although the drug sweeps are food for thought.
To be honest, I think that came from the 'topics' site we aren't supposed to link to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayabusa1300