Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and again I’m not trying to bash the family so I don’t want anyone to take this the wrong way as I’m sure they are hurting because they miss her. But I have so many questions for them. If she was last seen in 1979 then were did she go if someone was able to contact her in 1984 or 1994. Someone obviously knew how to reach her unless in fact she called them. Couldn’t you have traced the #. I would think that if they last spoke to her during the year one of her parents passed away then someone most likely called her to let her know they had passed. Instead of her contacting them.

I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks the Qvist family dynamic may have included being in a cult? San Francisco/Northern California in the 70s had numerous cults that separated children from families, and only the hierarchy was in touch with parents. It could also explain some of the oddities in her case.

• Amanda Gail Slaughter
    Amanda Gail Slaughter, 14, ran away from her home in Orangefield, Texas, on April 28, 1991 with her older boyfriend, John Fouts. She took on the identity of Mandy Fouts and gave birth to a daughter in 1992. On August 19, 1993, Mandy Fouts disappeared. Her body was found in a 55-gallon drum on August 21, 1993. Her boyfriend was charged with her murder. In 2009, it was confirmed that Amanda Slaughter and Mandy Fouts were the same person. Read more at Beaumont Enterprise
Still there ?

But the post was alluding to the fact that Qvist meant Wick, as in the identity Cheryl Ann Wick was chosen by EDJD because Qvist = Wick. My post meant that she wouldn't choose an identity so close to the one she desperately tried to shed. It was just chosen for convenience...

Oh, my bad, I totally misunderstood you. I agree completely.

Just learned the other day a co-worker of mine whose last name is Willey has family from Arkansas. I know that is not an uncommon last name but my interest was definitely sparked lol

I wonder if I'm the only one that thinks the Qvist family dynamic may have included being in a cult? San Francisco/Northern California in the 70s had numerous cults that separated children from families, and only the hierarchy was in touch with parents. It could also explain some of the oddities in her case.
I'm just now reading this one. It's very odd. How do you lose a family member for 40 years and what motivated someone to come forward now? My first thought is that someone is feeling guilty about something—maybe they know more about this case and their guilt is motivating them to get authorities involved.
It might be I watch too much real crime tv, but this seems like the plot line to one of those stories.
From what I've researched. The mother died at 43 and the brother and father died on the same day, different years—the brother at 48 and the father at 53. Is there a family history of disease (maybe cancer?) or maybe suicide? Those are young ages for half a family to not make it past 53. Could it be that Anita already succumbed to whatever took the other family members (disease or suicide?). Actually I guess they could have been in accidents as well, I didn't think of that. Does anyone know a cause of death for any of the family members?
Whatever the circumstances my heart goes out to the two surviving siblings who have lost so much. What a heartbreaking situation to lose most of your family to so many tragedies.

Oh wow, wonder why?? DDP are having amazing successes, this would be such a great opportunity to solve it!

Sunny have no idea, just noticed a few comments and was curious if anyone knew the back story.

I do not know if it was leading to LE is not releasing or maybe there is an issue with the DNA they have. It also could be liability concerns.. honestly have no idea.

Last edited:
Per comments on DDP FB, EDJD's DNA was requested however it seems as thou LE has not released it.

Any one know what is going on with release ?

It's possible the person who said that is a little confused. It takes FOREVER before the DNA ends up in DDP's lab: lots of permissions have to be granted, LE needs to check their storage locker, preliminary testing is done, etc etc. Takes months. So it's possible there was a complication along the way. FWIW DDP has said that no agency has flat out said they didn't want to work w them

Per comments on DDP FB, EDJD's DNA was requested however it seems as thou LE has not released it.

Any one know what is going on with release ?

I would think LE wants to establish whether or not these remains belong to Anita before utilizing resources with DDP or having DDP utilize resources that might better be used on a different case. It would be a waste of time and money where such limited resources exist if these do prove to be Anita. Hopefully an answer either way will be available sooner rather than later.

I would think LE wants to establish whether or not these remains belong to Anita before utilizing resources with DDP or having DDP utilize resources that might better be used on a different case. It would be a waste of time and money where such limited resources exist if these do prove to be Anita. Hopefully an answer either way will be available sooner rather than later.

I'll go with that Cubby .... go lawrdy have not seen you around up in here in awhile .. nice to see ya... always liked ya posts

Anita or not Anita that is a question ...... I see a few similarities but I just don't think Anita is EDJD.. in all ruling her either way will validate.

Have not looked at Anita in a bit do not know if DNA was uploaded in NAMUS for her

Margaret Press wrote a comment recently in their latest post discussing the cases they have in the pipeline:

"Soooo many of you have asked about El Dorado Jane Doe. We were in contact with the agency in early June and offered to fund her. They were checking on available DNA. That's where things stand. If they can get us DNA and it passes QC we will put a button up for her immediately. Thanks all of you who care so deeply for her."

I traced James Mcalphin to an old address. in Ar. Carrie Lee Carr (age 36 now) Linda Wiley, and A Gaylene Fuller all lived there. and a James Mcalphin jr. born on July 10, 1981. age 36 now. Linda Wiley has relative names Sharon Wiley who has address in Ar. and an OK address 30 miles from where truck driver was killed in Nov. 88 Last known address was Caruthers, Ca. 17 miles from Fresno, Ca. She died there.
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this thread. I have read much of it, but not in its entirety. It looks like all of you have put in a lot of hard work. The poster above has done a bunch of looking up and cross referencing. Good job.
I was wondering about this Gaylene Fuller. Does anyone think that this could be the Gail that edjd mentions in her diary? If so, maybe she was at this residence when she made that entry.

Here's what I'm interested in-some of the articles do say, that while her murder happened at the hotel, she had a different residence in El Dorado. Where was it? Are there any neighbors left that remember her? How did she pay her rent, check, cash,etc? What about jewelry she may have owned that was in the residence? Pictures, address book, phone book, bank records????
Also the Stroud family should definitely be re-interviewed, there just has to be more to that story...

Additionally, I do not think she is Anita Qvist, Anita was obviously a true blond. EDJD was more of a natural strawberry blond, as evidenced in her autopsy/morgue photos. I will be surprised if she ends up being Anita,
who I sadly surmise has been deceased for many years.

Here's what I'm interested in-some of the articles do say, that while her murder happened at the hotel, she had a different residence in El Dorado. Where was it? Are there any neighbors left that remember her? How did she pay her rent, check, cash,etc? What about jewelry she may have owned that was in the residence? Pictures, address book, phone book, bank records????
Also the Stroud family should definitely be re-interviewed, there just has to be more to that story...

Maybe she was staying at the address on her Id's, although I doubt it. It's not likely she would have given that address. Maybe she was writing bad checks to pay her rent or if she was staying with a friend maybe she wasn't paying rent.
I just looked at the id's again. I believe she probably got these for the sole purpose of writing the checks.
There was no forgery charge so I'm assuming she was writing them under Cheryl Wick.
The first one she has almost a business look and signature. This probably would be the one she took in the bank to open the account. The one they would make a photo copy of.
The second one she has a more carefree look. This would be the one used to cash the checks and endorsed with that signature.
In the mug shot she has her hair pulled back, is squinting her eyes and has kind of a mean look.
It's obvious she's trying to conceal her identity. Of the many pictures I have seen of edjd, this one is a completely different look. I guess because it's going on file with LE.

Additionally, I do not think she is Anita Qvist, Anita was obviously a true blond. EDJD was more of a natural strawberry blond, as evidenced in her autopsy/morgue photos. I will be surprised if she ends up being Anita,
who I sadly surmise has been deceased for many years.

As for it being Anita, I don't know.
She does share facial similarities and she was 5 ft 8 at the age of 13.
I hope nothing bad has happened to her but it probably has.
If so maybe she will hit a match. If not here, somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88