Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying what I see in the morgue photos, I see EDJD's natural hair as being strawberry blond, and that very much fits in with all the freckles. Not to say other people don't see something entirely different...but I stick by my opinion.

"Brown and frosted" is not a natural hair color. I agree, her natural hair color was like in the strawberry blonde family.

I was reading another case where authorsties harvested isotopes from the body and were able to pinpoint regions in the country where the person likely had stayed in the months prior to death. With ElDorado Jane known to travel widely maybe it would be helpful to test for isotopes.

"Brown and frosted" is not a natural hair color. I agree, her natural hair color was like in the strawberry blonde family.

I was reading another case where authorsties harvested isotopes from the body and were able to pinpoint regions in the country where the person likely had stayed in the months prior to death. With ElDorado Jane known to travel widely maybe it would be helpful to test for isotopes.

Unfortunately EDJD was cremated all thou I think her clothes could be isotope tested however she had been in ED for several months prior to her death do not believe that would lead them anywhere closer to where she may have been from.

I'm in no way an isotope expert when I have questions about it I ask Alleykins she has well educated herself on the subject matter.

Honestly I feel like isotopes barely ever help these cases, especially if the Jane Doe tended to travel widely because there's nothing practical to really do with the information. Buckskin Girl's isotope information didn't touch on the last few places she'd been or where she spent the most time OR where she grew up. I feel like agencies are better off saving their money for Parabon or DDP!

Last edited:
Yea they know she was in the Dallas area at the start of 1990 and then went to Louisiana for a short time before Arkansas. I guess the next step back would be wherever she made the diary entries at Gails house.
In that entry she says something about not being able to get a vw to work. I assume she's referring to a Volkswagen. I wonder if they ever got it going or if they had to abandon it and find another way to Texas?

I am also concerned that "Gail" is the missing Jacynthia "Gail Robinson who was also Involved in prostitution, I mean how many pimps can be in Eldorado ...just sayin ;
Cold Case Information

jacenthia.jpg

JACENTHIA ANN ROBINSON AKA: Gail, Ann Jackson, Gay

MISSING PERSON/ FOUL PLAY SUSPECTED

On August 1, 2003 Family members of Jacenthia Robinson reported her missing. Mrs. Robinson is described as a black female, brown eyes, black hair. She has a noticeable scar in the center of her forehead. Robinson has a noticeable decayed tooth on the top pallet, center tooth. Robinson is approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing about 110 pounds. She was last seen on July 30, 2003 wearing a leopard print long dress and a wide brim straw hat.

I am also concerned that "Gail" is the missing Jacynthia "Gail Robinson who was also Involved in prostitution, I mean how many pimps can be in Eldorado ...just sayin ;
Cold Case Information

jacenthia.jpg

JACENTHIA ANN ROBINSON AKA: Gail, Ann Jackson, Gay

MISSING PERSON/ FOUL PLAY SUSPECTED

On August 1, 2003 Family members of Jacenthia Robinson reported her missing. Mrs. Robinson is described as a black female, brown eyes, black hair. She has a noticeable scar in the center of her forehead. Robinson has a noticeable decayed tooth on the top pallet, center tooth. Robinson is approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing about 110 pounds. She was last seen on July 30, 2003 wearing a leopard print long dress and a wide brim straw hat.

Wow, that is an interesting theory Sloane. It appears Jacenthia is associated with a Tyrone too from this public record: FamilySearch

I wonder if she had a grandmother who lived in Fresno?

fan

fantastic find that might be our Tyrone !!!!!

I'm working on her family tree and already found connections to Virginia and California. I can't place her grandmother in Fresno yet but one of her grandfathers died in Almeda, CA. That's only a couple hours drive from Fresno. Her brother got married in Prince George County, VA which is not far from Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Can anyone remember if we figured out the approx date range of the Virginia Beach restaurant menu that EDJD had in her possession?

This might be a rabbit hole but so far it's very interesting one...

BTW, I'm pretty sure Charley Project has the wrong age for Jacenthia-- they have her down as 33 whereas NAMUS and other sources say she was 51:
Jacenthia Ann Robinson – The Charley Project
Missing Person Case

All the public records I have found support the older age (born in 1951).

Still working on my EDJD case file since I lost all that work I put into the last one ... uggh

May 1987 – May 1990
  • 05/26/87 – JM sentenced and incarcerated for a term of (3) years for possession of firearms
Late 1980’s – Norfolk / Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Menu – The Raven, 1200 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach – In Operation 1968 – Present
  • Menu – Worrell Bros, 1910 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach - In Operation 1975 – Present * Ownership change in 1989
  • Brochure – The Trolley – Transport Service to/from the beach – Operations Seasonal May 26th – Sep 25th
  • Menu – Metropol Market; 442 Granby, Norfolk – In Operation – Jan 1987 – Sep 1990
  • Menu – Phillips Waterside; 333 Waterside, Norfolk – In Operation – Jun 1983 – Apr 2014
  • Outlaw Biker Magazine - JM said EDJD showed him a pic of her in an Outlaw magazine with a biker gang

Little Rock, Arkansas
  • EDJD told a friend her name was Kelly Carr an was a runaway from Florida
  • Possibly acquired the ID of Cheryl Wick while working as an exotic dancer; Prime Time now called Paper Moon
August 17, 1990
  • From diary staying with Gail, wanted to get to Texas to work states she is in love. Tyrone gave Gail $ 100 and she was not happy they were still there Tyrone could not get the VW to work.
Jun-Dec 1990
  • Stayed with the S family for a brief time. How is the S family connected? Tyrone, Gail, JM or was it a safe harbor home
  • Told the S family she was a runaway from Louisiana that recently moved from Minnesota she gave her name as Cheryl Wick
  • Worked at KFC used the name CW
  • Menu – Hooters
  • 12/19/90 / 12/31/90 – Arrested for prostitution as Cheryl Ann Wick; La Casita Motel 4300 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas, TX. Served 13 days of 20 days
  • 01/26/91Arrested associated name Catherine Marie DOB 11/31/1970 (DOB Typo? 01/31/1970)
  • 02/08/91 – Arrested for public lewdness as Cheryl Ann Wick; Carousel Motel 3211 Forest Lane Garland, TX DOB 11/31/1970 (DOB Typo? 01/31/1970)
  • 03/91 – Dallas, TX – Resided at Life Homeless Shelter
  • 03/91 – Shreveport, LA – Visited Human Services facility; mental health, addictive disorder and developmental disabilities
  • 03/91 – Eldorado, AR – Salvation Army; told volunteer a child had been taken away from her by social services at the she used another name and could not get the child back.
  • 03/91 – Eldorado, AR – Received medical attention at the hospital for abuse
  • 05/91 – Arrested for bad check as Cheryl Ann Wick
  • 06/91 – Moved in with a friend AC
  • 06/91 – Purchased a Trailways bus ticket (To where no one knows….)
  • Told friend AC her mom was raising her two kids (1) girl the other unknown
  • Stated to friends she had been to Virginia Beach
  • Frequented to video store across the street from the Whitehall motel
  • JM told DM that EDJD and himself had been in Florida, DM also stated she did not think EDJD had much of an accent
  • Detective located a letter to the FBI stating her name was Kelly Lee Carr (24) and was wanted in Virginia and along the east for bank robberies.
  • 07/10/91 – Last Day on Earth :(
Misc.
  • JM stated he had met EDJD’s mother and sister and that they lived in Florida
  • Detectives believe EDJD’s pimp was Tyrone in Florida
  • JM attempted to extort money in exchange for EDJD's identity
  • JM is currently incarcerated due to be released in 2020 however looking at the track record while he has been in not so sure he will be released.

Cheryl Ann Wick
Cheryl Kaufman
Shannon Wiley
Sharon Wiley
Sheryl Ann Wick
Kelly Karr
Kelley Lee Carr
Helen Stenner, Stinner
Catherine Marie
Mercedes

Last edited:
I'm working on her family tree and already found connections to Virginia and California. I can't place her grandmother in Fresno yet but one of her grandfathers died in Almeda, CA. That's only a couple hours drive from Fresno. Her brother got married in Prince George County, VA which is not far from Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Can anyone remember if we figured out the approx date range of the Virginia Beach restaurant menu that EDJD had in her possession?

This might be a rabbit hole but so far it's very interesting one...

BTW, I'm pretty sure Charley Project has the wrong age for Jacenthia-- they have her down as 33 whereas NAMUS and other sources say she was 51:
Jacenthia Ann Robinson – The Charley Project
Missing Person Case

All the public records I have found support the older age (born in 1951).

I'll go with you
2c9aqs4
giphy.gif

You will never truly know if there is a rabbit in the hole unless you venture into it

California is getting close and of course many of the information provided my JM and EDJD is a bit of a riddle

BTW I'm so glad that duct tape is working and your on today :)

Last edited:
Pulling some of my posts from Thread #2 - #689, believe its time for a refresher

We Know Who Killed Her. But 24 Years Later, We Still Don’t Know Her Name. | HuffPost

• I met Mercedes at a club and we became friends,” Cooksey told HuffPost. “She said that she used to be a stripper and was from out of town. She told me her and her mother didn’t get along and that her momma was raising her two kids. I know she had said the one was a girl, but I can’t remember what she said the other one was.
  • The only thing he would tell detectives was that he had once met Mercedes’ mother and sister. He said they lived in Florida, but refused to provide names knew Mercedes by names other than Wick, including Cheryl Kaufman, Shannon Wiley, Sharon Wiley, Kelly Lee Carr and Kelly Karr. McAlphin told Huff Post she also used the name Helen Stenner and once told him she was from Oklahoma.
  • When he brought her to my grandma’s house, he said they had been in Florida,” Danielle McAlphin told HuffPost.
  • Police learned Mercedes had once worked as an exotic dancer in Dallas — where she first met McAlphin.
  • According to Phillips, she told the volunteer she once lived at 1100 Cadiz St. in Dallas — an address that corresponds to the Dallas LIFE Homeless Shelter. “She told the lady that when she was there, a child had been taken away from her by social services and that when the child was taken from her, she was using another name, so she could not go get the child back,” volunteer at the Salvation Army in El Dorado
  • McAlphin said Mercedes was older than him — he said he was 26 when they met — and she had two children she left with “someone” in Fort Worth, Texas.
  • JD is Mercedes’ former pimp, Jeffrey “JJ” Davis, of Dallas, Phillips said. Tyrone, detectives believe, was Mercedes’ pimp in Florida. Investigators have been unable to locate him.
Thread #2 Post #699

http://pilotonline.com/news/local/c...cle_bce69128-710b-5553-8118-06de98fa1454.html

• 1991 early
Lives briefly in Shreveport, Louisiana, with James McAlphin, who later says that while there, Jane Doe's mother and sister came to visit by bus from Florida, and stayed for a few days.

Thread #2 - Post #702

JM tends to point the finger at Tyrone for all the bad things they did, just an observation seems as thou this is a diffuse and deflect tactic to shift blame. Another observation is the fact he throws off anyone whom calls about EDJD as someone looking for a reward is this also a tactic to keep others off of the case. Once she is identified he no longer has a cow to cash in own.
  • Mercedes was on the street since the age of 16, he said. A black guy she fell for allowed her to be pimped in Fort Worth and Dallas
  • She was very young when she was taken. At one time, she was taken from her loved ones by force, but as an adult it was willingly, McAlphin said
JD - Dallas - Left JD for Tyrone
  • JD is Mercedes former pimp, Jeffrey JJ Davis, of Dallas, Phillips said
  • JD, whom she ran away from with Tyrone.
Tyrone - Florida - Left Tyrone for JM
  • Tyrone, detectives believe, was Mercedes pimp in Florida.
  • This and the things done with Tyrone were the reason for her alias name
  • Tyrone, could not get the VW (Volkswagen) to work while staying with Gail
Gail - ? - Gail is connected to Tyrone
  • Gail was not happy they were still at her home, EDJD was reading to get to TX and get to work
  • Tyrone, gave Gail $ 100.00
  • Gail was leaving to go see her grandmother in Fresno (CA/TX)
JM - Dallas/Florida/Shreveport, Louisiana/Arkansas
  • When I found out, I took Mercedes and ran for Louisiana
Children
  • JM would give Mercedes money if she would come to his room at the Whitehall Motel. Mercedes told Cooksey she wanted to use that money to send presents to her children.
  • McAlphin said Mercedes was older than him he said he was 26 when they met and she had two children she left with someone in Fort Worth, Texas.
  • She told me her and her mother didn't get along and that her momma was raising her two kids. I know she had said the one was a girl, but I can't remember what she said the other one was.
  • She told the lady that when she was there, a child had been taken away from her by social services and that when the child was taken from her, she was using another name, so she could not go get the child back, Phillips said.
JM Letters - 12/20/15
  • 20 years he has wondered what happened to her children. They were left with someone in Ft Worth, TX.
  • JM did not know whom they were left with, See letter 12/23/15
  • Tried FB when he got of prison but nothing there
  • Was he searching by their names or some other random search?
  • He already knew who they were (EDJD family) from what Mercedes had told him about there location names etc..
  • I believe they wanted to be sure it was her b/c it has been so long since they had seen her.
  • Her sister and mother supposedly visited them not too long before she passed, he and they had only been together a year and he had met them.
  • Her family convicted me a long time ago
JM Letters - 12/23/15
  • We left the kids in Ft Worth with every intention of going back
  • (1st the kids were left with someone that to me sounded as if JM did not know whom it was from his 1st letter. This letter states "we" left them in FW contradicting).
  • I've been convicted by her family (Again) one would think the person convicted by family was EDJD however JM tends to repeat her family convicted him.
  • IMO there something here that is bothersome b/c the family convicted him therefore he would do whatever he could to separate EDJD from them.
JM Letters - 1/1/15
  • She was running with Tyrone
JM Letters - 1/26/16
  • JM can't completely remember her name; it could be Helen or Julie
  • EDJD showed JM an issue of Outlaw Biker from 1989 w/EDJD topless w/a biker gang
  • Places where she may have stated her real name; Dallas - Life Foundation (Mar 1991), Shreveport Human Services (Mar 1991), Trailways Bus Ticket (Jun 1991).
  • Interesting that EDJD purchased a bus ticket in Jun right before her passing assume this was the proof of the true intent to leave JM. This may have been found out by JM and was the reason for EDJD fatal ending.)
  • Tyrone's last name was only mentioned in passing and I don't want to guess an be incorrect.
JM Letters Jan-16
  • Gives the name Helen Stenner to a cell mate
  • JM and EDJD were only together a little over a year (May/June 1990 - Jul 1991)
Thread #2 - Post #703
JM stated he met EDJD in Dallas (1990) they were together for a little over a year which that would put a time frame of May/Jun 1990. EDJD's letter places her in another state in Aug 1990. The Strouds stated EDJD stayed with them mid-late 1990 IMO JM did not meet EDJD till sometime after Aug 1990 which would put them together less than a year. EDJD's arrests started at the end of the year obviously this is when she was no longer staying with the Strouds. IMO believe the Strouds are connected to Tyrone

Thread #2 - Post # 705
Ready to get to TX and get to work" IMO if I had been to TX already or had come from TX prior to this writing ... The statement would read "ready to get back to TX and get to work" or "ready to get home to TX and get to work". This seems IMO that EDJD had not been to TX prior to the journal entry. could be wrong however the statement seems very telling. Another item is that JM stated they used their alias names while they were together (Ice/Mercedes) If she was writing about ICe his name would have been injected somewhere as (ice) However it is not. She specifically injects "tyrone", reading the journal EDJD and tyrone were having issues in which believe could not be worked and that was not long after EDJD arrived in Dallas.

Thread #2 Post #872
Had done some research awhile back, towards the end of her life EDJD jumped from the west side to the East side Dallas. Its possible she had to relocate to another area due to her arrests on the west side. This is also around the time she went into a shelter, possibly trying to get away from JM. One of my thoughts is that she was trying to get away from JM at that time and needed somewhere to go and went to the shelter and ultimately another person. Researching in the last area of Dallas she was know to be within a very short distance there is a person whom was well know to run prostitution rings. Its just my thought she went to another pimp and JM went and got her back, most likely by force. And could also be the reason she needed medical attention in Shreveport which is on the route one would take to El Dorado from Dallas. Believe it would be harder for EDJD to get out of JM's Hands in El Dorado than Dallas. This was his home turf ...she relatively did not know many people there.

Its unfortunate it is too late for EDJD to have isotope testing done. Isotope does not always immediate lead to identifying but it does give one a general direction to search in to find the one mp that fits the bill

Last edited:
Thread #2 - Post #702

JM tends to point the finger at Tyrone for all the bad things they did, just an observation seems as thou this is a diffuse and deflect tactic to shift blame. Another observation is the fact he throws off anyone whom calls about EDJD as someone looking for a reward is this also a tactic to keep others off of the case. Once she is identified he no longer has a cow to cash in own.
  • Mercedes was on the street since the age of 16, he said. A black guy she fell for allowed her to be pimped in Fort Worth and Dallas
  • She was very young when she was taken. At one time, she was taken from her loved ones by force, but as an adult it was willingly, McAlphin said
JD - Dallas - Left JD for Tyrone
  • JD is Mercedes former pimp, Jeffrey JJ Davis, of Dallas, Phillips said
  • JD, whom she ran away from with Tyrone.
Tyrone - Florida - Left Tyrone for JM
  • Tyrone, detectives believe, was Mercedes pimp in Florida.
  • This and the things done with Tyrone were the reason for her alias name
  • Tyrone, could not get the VW (Volkswagen) to work while staying with Gail
Gail - ? - Gail is connected to Tyrone
  • Gail was not happy they were still at her home, EDJD was reading to get to TX and get to work
  • Tyrone, gave Gail $ 100.00
  • Gail was leaving to go see her grandmother in Fresno (CA/TX)
JM - Dallas/Florida/Shreveport, Louisiana/Arkansas
  • When I found out, I took Mercedes and ran for Louisiana
Children
  • JM would give Mercedes money if she would come to his room at the Whitehall Motel. Mercedes told Cooksey she wanted to use that money to send presents to her children.
  • McAlphin said Mercedes was older than him he said he was 26 when they met and she had two children she left with someone in Fort Worth, Texas.
  • She told me her and her mother didn't get along and that her momma was raising her two kids. I know she had said the one was a girl, but I can't remember what she said the other one was.
  • She told the lady that when she was there, a child had been taken away from her by social services and that when the child was taken from her, she was using another name, so she could not go get the child back, Phillips said.
JM Letters - 12/20/15
  • 20 years he has wondered what happened to her children. They were left with someone in Ft Worth, TX.
  • JM did not know whom they were left with, See letter 12/23/15
  • Tried FB when he got of prison but nothing there
  • Was he searching by their names or some other random search?
  • He already knew who they were (EDJD family) from what Mercedes had told him about there location names etc..
  • I believe they wanted to be sure it was her b/c it has been so long since they had seen her.
  • Her sister and mother supposedly visited them not too long before she passed, he and they had only been together a year and he had met them.
  • Her family convicted me a long time ago
JM Letters - 12/23/15
  • We left the kids in Ft Worth with every intention of going back
  • (1st the kids were left with someone that to me sounded as if JM did not know whom it was from his 1st letter. This letter states "we" left them in FW contradicting).
  • I've been convicted by her family (Again) one would think the person convicted by family was EDJD however JM tends to repeat her family convicted him.
  • IMO there something here that is bothersome b/c the family convicted him therefore he would do whatever he could to separate EDJD from them.
JM Letters - 1/1/15
  • She was running with Tyrone
JM Letters - 1/26/16
  • JM can't completely remember her name; it could be Helen or Julie
  • EDJD showed JM an issue of Outlaw Biker from 1989 w/EDJD topless w/a biker gang
  • Places where she may have stated her real name; Dallas - Life Foundation (Mar 1991), Shreveport Human Services (Mar 1991), Trailways Bus Ticket (Jun 1991).
  • Interesting that EDJD purchased a bus ticket in Jun right before her passing assume this was the proof of the true intent to leave JM. This may have been found out by JM and was the reason for EDJD fatal ending.)
  • Tyrone's last name was only mentioned in passing and I don't want to guess an be incorrect.
JM Letters Jan-16
  • Gives the name Helen Stenner to a cell mate
  • JM and EDJD were only together a little over a year (May/June 1990 - Jul 1991)
Thread #2 - Post #703
JM stated he met EDJD in Dallas (1990) they were together for a little over a year which that would put a time frame of May/Jun 1990. EDJD's letter places her in another state in Aug 1990. The Strouds stated EDJD stayed with them mid-late 1990 IMO JM did not meet EDJD till sometime after Aug 1990 which would put them together less than a year. EDJD's arrests started at the end of the year obviously this is when she was no longer staying with the Strouds. IMO believe the Strouds are connected to Tyrone

Thread #2 - Post # 705
Ready to get to TX and get to work" IMO if I had been to TX already or had come from TX prior to this writing ... The statement would read "ready to get back to TX and get to work" or "ready to get home to TX and get to work". This seems IMO that EDJD had not been to TX prior to the journal entry. could be wrong however the statement seems very telling. Another item is that JM stated they used their alias names while they were together (Ice/Mercedes) If she was writing about ICe his name would have been injected somewhere as (ice) However it is not. She specifically injects "tyrone", reading the journal EDJD and tyrone were having issues in which believe could not be worked and that was not long after EDJD arrived in Dallas.

Thread #2 Post #872
Had done some research awhile back, towards the end of her life EDJD jumped from the west side to the East side Dallas. Its possible she had to relocate to another area due to her arrests on the west side. This is also around the time she went into a shelter, possibly trying to get away from JM. One of my thoughts is that she was trying to get away from JM at that time and needed somewhere to go and went to the shelter and ultimately another person. Researching in the last area of Dallas she was know to be within a very short distance there is a person whom was well know to run prostitution rings. Its just my thought she went to another pimp and JM went and got her back, most likely by force. And could also be the reason she needed medical attention in Shreveport which is on the route one would take to El Dorado from Dallas. Believe it would be harder for EDJD to get out of JM's Hands in El Dorado than Dallas. This was his home turf ...she relatively did not know many people there.

Its unfortunate it is too late for EDJD to have isotope testing done. Isotope does not always immediate lead to identifying but it does give one a general direction to search in to find the one mp that fits the bill

I hate that I'm not still in Shreveport. To still be there and be able to ask questions. I spent 3 years living in Shreveport and spent quite a bit of time in El Dorado as well because that's where my (then) husband's parents are from and where his grandparents still are. It's such a small, unassuming town to hold such a big mystery. But I feel such a connection having spent time in both places and know them both fairly intimately.

I find it nearly impossible to believe a word JM says. About anything. Ever.

Hi Fairy1 :) it's been awhile hope your doing well

Indeed he told some tales and and so did EDJD .... but there is always some truth behind ever lie. You have to filter the lies out and makes sense in what is logically the truth

I hate that I'm not still in Shreveport. To still be there and be able to ask questions. I spent 3 years living in Shreveport and spent quite a bit of time in El Dorado as well because that's where my (then) husband's parents are from and where his grandparents still are. It's such a small, unassuming town to hold such a big mystery. But I feel such a connection having spent time in both places and know them both fairly intimately.

Do not believe they stayed in Shreveport very long basically passing through to ED but I think JM may have had relatives.

Now ED oh yeah asking more questions around there would be marvelous.

Hi folie! Always following, just haven't had much to add. EDJD is close to my heart and one of the most frustrating cases ever! Someone, somewhere knows who she really was. I'm not sure that JM does, TBH. I think, because of the lifestyle, many were afraid to come forward at the time of her murder. But it's been so long. I do believe her family knows of her fate and have decided to remain silent. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat