Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folie! Always following, just haven't had much to add. EDJD is close to my heart and one of the most frustrating cases ever! Someone, somewhere knows who she really was. I'm not sure that JM does, TBH. I think, because of the lifestyle, many were afraid to come forward at the time of her murder. But it's been so long. I do believe her family knows of her fate and have decided to remain silent. So sad.[/QU
Have nothing new to add myself, just thought about refreshing a bit never know maybe something that appears that I didn't see before. Believe the only way would be DDP and that is if she has good sample of DNA, funding via LE or crowd sourcing and if LE decides to go that route. Last I understood LE had been in contact with DDP only time will tell .
But until that day occurs will continue to search

No doubt someone knows... and you are right I honestly think that EDJD did not reveal her true identity to JM.

• EDJD told a friend her name was Kelly Carr an was a runaway from Florida
  • Detective located a letter to the FBI stating her name was Kelly Lee Carr (24) and was wanted in Virginia and along the east for bank robberies.

Thanks so much for bumping up all this info and timeline. Always worth re-checking in on the facts. I have spent the last three years in a permanent state of baby/toddler-induced sleep deprivation so I may well be forgetting things but the piece about the letter to the FBI, I don't remember reading that before. Or maybe I did but didn't take it in. Who was the letter from, do we know?

I do recall the info about bank robberies, but not that the letter also said her name was KLC. I really feel like this name and Florida as the home state could be it. Just a hunch and opinion.

My next dumb question/comment is has anyone been able to find a KLC from Florida with the right birth year? I looked on family search but everyone I found was still alive post '91. Sorry, am thinking this has probably all been discussed before.

Thanks so much for bumping up all this info and timeline. Always worth re-checking in on the facts. I have spent the last three years in a permanent state of baby/toddler-induced sleep deprivation so I may well be forgetting things but the piece about the letter to the FBI, I don't remember reading that before. Or maybe I did but didn't take it in. Who was the letter from, do we know?

I do recall the info about bank robberies, but not that the letter also said her name was KLC. I really feel like this name and Florida as the home state could be it. Just a hunch and opinion.

My next dumb question/comment is has anyone been able to find a KLC from Florida with the right birth year? I looked on family search but everyone I found was still alive post '91. Sorry, am thinking this has probably all been discussed before.
The letter I'm pretty sure was from the police to the FBI. For a while I thought it was from her.

I found a KC a long time ago I thought at first looked a lot like her, but then started to see it less. Plus she's from Maine. I'm never too confident in my facial comparisons.

Attachments

• inCollage_20180804_012837431.jpg
    inCollage_20180804_012837431.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
The letter I'm pretty sure was from the police to the FBI. For a while I thought it was from her.

I found a KC a long time ago I thought at first looked a lot like her, but then started to see it less. Plus she's from Maine. I'm never too confident in my facial comparisons.
Thank you! And I think that KC looks quite a lot like her. Can you track anything about what happened to this KC?

Your welcome sunnynz it's been awhile since I looked at as well... oh you get some sleep soon... still working on the timeline adding more info and re-organizing

The letter was found early on in the investigation, assume it was Detective Phillips in ED that located the letter. I would like to know the LE agency that the letter derived from and the timeframe EDJD told LE this statement for them to engage in contacting the FBI.

A detective found a copy of a letter sent from the police to the FBI stating that the suspect had said that her name was "Kelly Lee Carr" age 24, and that she was wanted in Virginia and along the East Coast for bank robbery.

Thank you! And I think that KC looks quite a lot like her. Can you track anything about what happened to this KC?

No, I didn't end up tracking what happened to her. I'm not great at that.

Wow, that is an interesting theory Sloane. It appears Jacenthia is associated with a Tyrone too from this public record: FamilySearch

I wonder if she had a grandmother who lived in Fresno?

If Tyrone was living right in EL Dorado why we are investigators unable to find him seemed fairly easy. Wonder if Phillips has investigated Gail and her relations since she was right in El Dorado and so was tyrone.

There is something that just doesn't seem right.... I don't think it's all due to people being scared if someone whom incurs legal issues are generally free willing to talk to lesson their legal matters happens all the time.

JD is Mercedes’ former pimp, Jeffrey “JJ” Davis, of Dallas, Phillips said. Tyrone, detectives believe, was Mercedes’ pimp in Florida. Investigators have been unable to locate him.

Last edited:
No, I didn't end up tracking what happened to her. I'm not great at that.
If you can share anything you know like hometown or high school etc then I’ll have a go and see what I can find.

If Tyrone was living right in EL Dorado why we are investigators unable to find him seemed fairly easy. Wonder if Phillips has investigated Gail and her relations since she was right in El Dorado and so was tyrone.

There is something that just doesn't seem right.... I don't think it's all due to people being scared if someone whom incurs legal issues are generally free willing to talk to lesson their legal matters happens all the time.

JD is Mercedes’ former pimp, Jeffrey “JJ” Davis, of Dallas, Phillips said. Tyrone, detectives believe, was Mercedes’ pimp in Florida. Investigators have been unable to locate him.

BBM, I don't know, but I can't find any records of the Tyrone I was researching in Florida. Although, I suppose if he was conducting any illegal businesses in Florida he might not have lived there officially or registered for anything that would connect him to there-- no paper trail?

I figured out that the Tyrone I was looking into was the missing Gail's son. Missing Gail's husband's obituary (a year after she was missing), lists her as a survivor and names Tyrone as his stepson. Tyrone also had a son who died in 2015 and that obituary lists Gail as his grandmother and also says she is living. Her grandmother's 2008 obituary lists Gail as deceased. So there is conflicting info in the family on whether the missing Gail is alive (not unusual for a missing person, but interesting IMO).

The strange thing is that every obituary spells her name differently. But I know it is the same woman being referred to because of other relatives named in the obits whose name spellings and relationships listed are consistent. Unfortunately, I've hit a wall as far as searching for info on the missing Gail and trying to find any more threads that could connect to EDJD. I found 3 women who could be considered Missing Gail's grandmother (because one grandfather married twice) and none of those women have a connection on paper to Fresno (neither CA nor TX) that I can find.

I'm not sure if a mother-son relationship fits the EDJD's Tyrone and Gail story from the journal or not. It's could make sense since Gail gave Tyrone 100.00-- that's something I can see a mother doing-- giving money to get them on their way. But I always thought EDJD's Tyrone and Gail were a couple or that Gail was "working" for Tyrone as well when I read EDJD's Journal. So this could all just be coincidence of their names and being from El Dorado with a similar background to EDJD. Gail and Tyrone are not very unique nor unusual names. JMO. The El Dorado connection and history of prostitution connection is the only thing that keeps me wondering... hmmm...

If you can share anything you know like hometown or high school etc then I’ll have a go and see what I can find.
It was Rockland District Highschool in Rockland, Maine. Kelly M. Carr.

I remember I found other photos of her on classmates and her teeth were perfect, which wouldn't match EDJD's photos of her teeth.

I was just cross referencing some names and I came across a few that might be of some interest. I have posted a link and I assume this is our James McAlphin. I don't know how accurate the info is. If you start here and go down to possible relatives you will see the name Rita Richardson. Go to this page and down, and there will be a Tyrone Richardson. After going here and down, you will see the first name is Carrie Alexis Richardson. Go to her page, check it out, and you will see that she is Carrie Karr. Maybe someone else here can do better at sorting it out than I can. I don't know if it means anything but I thought I would throw it out there. It is a Karr with some relation to a Tyrone who in turn is related to the McAlphins. And it all revolves around Arkansas and Texas.

TruePeopleSearch.com - James R McAlphin - El Dorado, Arkansas - 100% Free People Search

BBM, I don't know, but I can't find any records of the Tyrone I was researching in Florida. Although, I suppose if he was conducting any illegal businesses in Florida he might not have lived there officially or registered for anything that would connect him to there-- no paper trail?

I figured out that the Tyrone I was looking into was the missing Gail's son. Missing Gail's husband's obituary (a year after she was missing), lists her as a survivor and names Tyrone as his stepson. Tyrone also had a son who died in 2015 and that obituary lists Gail as his grandmother and also says she is living. Her grandmother's 2008 obituary lists Gail as deceased. So there is conflicting info in the family on whether the missing Gail is alive (not unusual for a missing person, but interesting IMO).

The strange thing is that every obituary spells her name differently. But I know it is the same woman being referred to because of other relatives named in the obits whose name spellings and relationships listed are consistent. Unfortunately, I've hit a wall as far as searching for info on the missing Gail and trying to find any more threads that could connect to EDJD. I found 3 women who could be considered Missing Gail's grandmother (because one grandfather married twice) and none of those women have a connection on paper to Fresno (neither CA nor TX) that I can find.

I'm not sure if a mother-son relationship fits the EDJD's Tyrone and Gail story from the journal or not. It's could make sense since Gail gave Tyrone 100.00-- that's something I can see a mother doing-- giving money to get them on their way. But I always thought EDJD's Tyrone and Gail were a couple or that Gail was "working" for Tyrone as well when I read EDJD's Journal. So this could all just be coincidence of their names and being from El Dorado with a similar background to EDJD. Gail and Tyrone are not very unique nor unusual names. JMO. The El Dorado connection and history of prostitution connection is the only thing that keeps me wondering... hmmm...

Great research Gardener, seen the records you found there is just something a miss with this Gail & Tyrone. IMO there is some info that LE has not released that points to a Tyrone in FL.

It was Tyrone that gave Gail $100 not Gail gave Tyrone $100 ... it sounds like they had been staying with Gail for a little bit and Gail wanted them to be gone based on EDJD's accounts of Gail was not happy that they were still there.

I have always thought that Tyrone and Gail were connected... possibly related.

Was dabbling in how EDJD acquired CAW's ID ya know came across a ring that was busted in 99 dubbed "The Family" they were based out of MN. One of the specifics was they would acquire fake ID's for their girls, their network was large many of the girls were exotic dancers. It would follow CAW account of her ID being stolen and could EdJD actually been apart of this network. Maybe she actually did originally derive out of MN just something to look at an vet out. IMO EDJD had that ID before she met JM I do not believe his one time account that he bought the ID from CAW.

Last edited:
Great research Gardener, seen the records you found there is just something a miss with this Gail & Tyrone. IMO there is some info that LE has not released that points to a Tyrone in FL.

It was Tyrone that gave Gail $100 not Gail gave Tyrone $100 ... it sounds like they had been staying with Gail for a little bit and Gail wanted them to be gone based on EDJD's accounts of Gail was not happy that they were still there.

I have always thought that Tyrone and Gail were connected... possibly related.

Was dabbling in how EDJD acquired CAW's ID ya know came across a ring that was busted in 99 dubbed "The Family" they were based out of MN. One of the specifics was they would acquire fake ID's for their girls, their network was large many of the girls were exotic dancers. It would would follow CAW account of her ID being stolen and could EdJD actually been apart of this network. Maybe she actually did originally derive out of MN just something to look at an vet out. IMO EDJD had that ID before she met JM I do not believe his one time account that he bought the ID from CAW.

Oh, oops, you are right. Tyrone gave Gail $100. :oops:

I'm sure there is info that LE hasn't released. I've always wondered about the Journal and if there were more pages that may shed light on the case.

As for your last paragraph I would not be surprised if EDJD was initially trafficked by an operation like you describe. Only I don't think it would necessarily mean EDJD ever was in MN-- The traffickers could have given her the MN ID while she was in another state to make it harder for LE to figure out that wasn't her id. She could have been from anywhere and ended up with that ID. JMO.

Oh, oops, you are right. Tyrone gave Gail $100. :oops:

I'm sure there is info that LE hasn't released. I've always wondered about the Journal and if there were more pages that may shed light on the case.

As for your last paragraph I would not be surprised if EDJD was initially trafficked by an operation like you describe. Only I don't think it would necessarily mean EDJD ever was in MN-- The traffickers could have given her the MN ID while she was in another state to make it harder for LE to figure out that wasn't her id. She could have been from anywhere and ended up with that ID. JMO.

Your right the ID may have been acquired in MN and passed along through their network. Have been reading up on them they acquired girls from mainly Canada, MN and WI all thou had them from other states. They also moved from city to city when the heat was on they would move again. Thus far the places noted were St louis and TN going to research a bit more for curiousity.

Has this missing person ever been discussed here? Helen Darlene Fuller. I didn't see her on the rule out list and I don't see anything about dna. I'm sure she hasn't been overlooked all this time but thought I would ask.

I'm working on her family tree and already found connections to Virginia and California. I can't place her grandmother in Fresno yet but one of her grandfathers died in Almeda, CA. That's only a couple hours drive from Fresno. Her brother got married in Prince George County, VA which is not far from Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Can anyone remember if we figured out the approx date range of the Virginia Beach restaurant menu that EDJD had in her possession? This might be a rabbit hole but so far it's very interesting one... BTW, I'm pretty sure Charley Project has the wrong age for Jacenthia-- they have her down as 33 whereas NAMUS and other sources say she was 51: Jacenthia Ann Robinson – The Charley Project Missing Person Case All the public records I have found support the older age (born in 1951).
I'm working on her family tree and already found connections to Virginia and California. I can't place her grandmother in Fresno yet but one of her grandfathers died in Almeda, CA. That's only a couple hours drive from Fresno. Her brother got married in Prince George County, VA which is not far from Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Can anyone remember if we figured out the approx date range of the Virginia Beach restaurant menu that EDJD had in her possession? This might be a rabbit hole but so far it's very interesting one... BTW, I'm pretty sure Charley Project has the wrong age for Jacenthia-- they have her down as 33 whereas NAMUS and other sources say she was 51: Jacenthia Ann Robinson – The Charley Project Missing Person Case All the public records I have found support the older age (born in 1951).

Are you aware that there is such a place as Fresno, Arkansas? And there are a few more of them in the U.S. but this is the one that got my attention. It's not to awful far from Eldorado or Little Rock. I tried checking out some of these names but there were just too many of them for me.
I have recently been looking at the name Tarone. I assume that the James McAlphin Jr in Eldorado is the son of the McAlphin in this case or of some relation. But I'm not for sure. Anyway, I went to his facebook page and the first thing I noticed was along with his name was another name. James Tarone. I said well that sounds a lot like Tyrone. I checked on it just a little and there are quite a few of them and they use several variations such as Tarrone, Tyrone, Turrone and so on.

Are you aware that there is such a place as Fresno, Arkansas? And there are a few more of them in the U.S. but this is the one that got my attention. It's not to awful far from Eldorado or Little Rock. I tried checking out some of these names but there were just too many of them for me.
I have recently been looking at the name Tarone. I assume that the James McAlphin Jr in Eldorado is the son of the McAlphin in this case or of some relation. But I'm not for sure. Anyway, I went to his facebook page and the first thing I noticed was along with his name was another name. James Tarone. I said well that sounds a lot like Tyrone. I checked on it just a little and there are quite a few of them and they use several variations such as Tarrone, Tyrone, Turrone and so on.

Thanks, I see something about it here: Fresno Populated Place Profile / Lincoln County, Arkansas Data
But it doesn't seem to have much info about it online-- no population info, no businesses there. From what I can tell, Fresno, AR does not appear large enough to have a hospital (or much of anything else). If Gail's grandma lived there when she had a heart attack she would have to go to the nearest city with a hosptial. IMO, it wouldn't make sense for EDJD's letter to mean Fresno, AR. It's such an unknown place today (very little info about it) that I'm doubtful that it would be a known place in 1990 to someone that is not from that area. JMO.

Thanks, I see something about it here: Fresno Populated Place Profile / Lincoln County, Arkansas Data
But it doesn't seem to have much info about it online-- no population info, no businesses there. From what I can tell, Fresno, AR does not appear large enough to have a hospital (or much of anything else). If Gail's grandma lived there when she had a heart attack she would have to go to the nearest city with a hosptial. IMO, it wouldn't make sense for EDJD's letter to mean Fresno, AR. It's such an unknown place today (very little info about it) that I'm doubtful that it would be a known place in 1990 to someone that is not from that area. JMO.

Then again EDJD diary never says anything about a hospital. The fact that Gail has just come in from somewhere and is not leaving out until the next day indicates that the heart attack may not be that severe and even if she is in the hospital there are still reasons her granddaughter may be going to her house. Just to housesit.
As for EDJD not having known of this place, she wouldn't have to. If Gail said that's where she was going, then that's when she would have heard of it. Besides, it really doesn't matter if EDJD did think it was California. That doesn't change the fact that it may not have been.
It may have been California, but I think it would be a mistake to dismiss other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member