Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one here I'm not sure about. The date of last contact is 1996 but it seems a little fuzzy to me. It says someone talked to a woman on the side of the road that claimed to be her but I don't know if it was ever confirmed or if this is considered the last contact.
I also noticed that three out of the four cases she's been ruled out of are in Virginia. I was wondering if there's some particular reason for this.
Here it is. Christina Lynn Roof.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I just learned the other day that Virginia has the policy to to test every unidentified person they have against the missing persons in Namus. In most cases that's why you see a lot of rule outs from Virginia. I totally agree with Carbuff. Every state should 1. put all their missing and unidentified into Namus 2. Try to match them and put the result into Namus.

They have Identified the father, he is deceased and no one has a clue who the mother was as he was married 2x and neither was her mom :(

I'm not for certain about the father but the one I suspect to be was married three times according to the information that I can find and in turn those three woman were married multiple times. Of course I could be wrong about who the father is and my resources are limited. Most of the things I have been reading about this seem to center around a one night stand or a secret affair so I thought I would look at it from another angle. I have a question for anyone that has researched this and may have an answer. Has anyone noticed a grey area or a window of opportunity between these marriages and divorces where one of these wives could have been carrying this man's child and, either knowingly or unknowingly, taken it into another marriage only to have that husband ending up with the child in a divorce and possibly entering into yet again another marriage?
In this scenario it wouldn't be hard for a child to wind up in a family with absolutely no blood relationship to any of them unbeknownst to siblings or other living relatives. In that case DNA would be useless to try and identify them or to make a match with.
I have always thought EDJD was not in the missing person databases but now I have to reconsider. I now believe it's very possible that she is. In fact it wouldn't really surprise me all that much if I was to find out that she was on the rule out list for this case.

With all this relationship to Mamie Carter and the father you suspect being married 3 times is there any possibility that this is:
Christina Lynn Carter
2528DFAL - Christina Lynn Carter

Maybe there is possibility that a second cousin had never heard of the first wife and 3 year old baby missing/murder because of the pain it brought to the family???

IF Christina was taken at 3 years old in 1973, she would be 21 years old in 1991. (This also backs the theory of the Father fathering this child between 1970-1973) She very easily could have been taken alive when her mother was killed and given away, dropped off with someone, sold and then turned out onto the streets at 16 years old to work.
Seems odd and somewhat similar that she reports her name as Kelly Lee Carr if it is Christy Lynn Carter
Also details why the man convicted of her murder reports that reveling her identity would lead to a lot more... Like maybe someone in his family was the hired hitman and took the 3 year old baby home???
It would also explain the lack of maternal link/DNA/Maternal information perhaps?
Open to reflections on my far out theory on this but the Carter last name and the Alabama link to a second cousin, it all just seems to be possible in some way too.

With all this relationship to Mamie Carter and the father you suspect being married 3 times is there any possibility that this is:
Christina Lynn Carter

Maybe there is possibility that a second cousin had never heard of the first wife and 3 year old baby missing/murder because of the pain it brought to the family???

IF Christina was taken at 3 years old in 1973, she would be 21 years old in 1991. (This also backs the theory of the Father fathering this child between 1970-1973) She very easily could have been taken alive when her mother was killed and given away, dropped off with someone, sold and then turned out onto the streets at 16 years old to work.
Seems odd and somewhat similar that she reports her name as Kelly Lee Carr if it is Christy Lynn Carter
Also details why the man convicted of her murder reports that reveling her identity would lead to a lot more... Like maybe someone in his family was the hired hitman and took the 3 year old baby home???
It would also explain the lack of maternal link/DNA/Maternal information perhaps?
Open to reflections on my far out theory on this but the Carter last name and the Alabama link to a second cousin, it all just seems to be possible in some way too.
I was hoping this had been checked out and now I can't remember the whole result ( some investigator huh?) IF and its a big IF James was telling the truth (yeah right ) he said she was taken when very young - so that part fits too

Christina Lynn Carter

Christina has been brought up earlier in the thread as a potential due to the points you reiterate above. Wouldn't that turn out to be something?

Christina Lynn Carter

I feel like we’ve discussed Christina before - is she listed as a rule out? If not then I think your theory is valid. I also see some visual resemblance with the high eyebrow line of Christina’s picture.

I feel like we’ve discussed Christina before - is she listed as a rule out? If not then I think your theory is valid. I also see some visual resemblance with the high eyebrow line of Christina’s picture.
I actually think she WAS a ruleout but we should double check I swear we have had this exact conversation since dad was figured out !!

How about Christina Carter she was 3 in 1973 and from hueytown Alabama. Blonde hair blue eyes. The family thinks she is possibly from the carter side of their family. Namus mp2684

Just want to bring this post by kdsmith21, made almost a year ago today, forward now that discussion of Christina Carter has been brought up again.

If you click back to this original mention of her, it will take you back to the previous round of discussion. I can't recall whether it was discussed or not if Christina was a rule out.

Just want to bring this post by kdsmith21, made almost a year ago today, forward now that discussion of Christina Carter has been brought up again.

If you click back to this original mention of her, it will take you back to the previous round of discussion. I can't recall whether it was discussed or not if Christina was a rule out.

So it looks like she wasn't on the rule outs this time last year, right?

I've read the conversation following Christina being suggested and it just seems fizzle out.

I can't see the updated rule outs so not sure if she's been added in the past year. I feel they look very similar.

Does anyone know the thread # or post # for this.

Besides the flattened appearance of her nose, I feel that her facial shape and hairline are quite unique-her face is very much square shaped, with a definite squared off hairline-as in no front colics, widow's peak, etc.

I am not
Yes that is what made me wonder if Mother was from an ethnic group that is not well represented in the data; we know that those of African, Hispanic and Asian heritage don't do familial DNA in the same numbers as those of Anglo heritage. I wonder if Mum could be native American as they are also underrepresented in the data.
I am not a genealogist but it's very hard for me to believe either of her parents could have been black.

There is a thread for Christina Carter here at WS. Her case was discussed extensively prior to Sharon Marshall being id'd. I'm sure if ED was Christina Carter there would have been a match long ago. Plus, since Christina Carters parents divorced a few months before she and her mom disappeared the family tree would have led to that conclusion. Both of CC's parents are known, this should be an automatic rule out.

AL - AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members