AR - Fully-Armed Sheriffs Remove 7 Homeschool Children from 'Prepper' Family

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New picture of Hal and Michelle posted on the "standing with..." FB site. HS and MS holding a large lettered placard reading "Send the Stanley kids home".

Presumably prepared for the rally tomorrow at the courthouse. They are asking friends and supporters to show up for the hearing, and to wear red.

Wish someone would leak what the motion before the court is.

Wish someone would leak what the motion before the court is.

Well, the only leaks appear to be coming from the Stanley's themselves but I believe they will "leak" out further info in the days/weeks to come.

I just listened to the sermon about the rod of guidance to beat the children, to save them from hell with love. I just gotta this is coming from the same person who said the public schools will "brainwash" the children. Hmmm . . . methinks he doth protest too much. That recording was from March 2012. Three years later I think he has "perfected" upon his "musings". His cadence in his voice reminded me of listening to the Warren Jeff's recordings in the FLDS.

Heavy guilt, shame, and adherance to obediance to the Parents of the home. I cannot imagine the children's point of view, not only are they disobeying their parents but they are also disobeying God - according to Father's teachings. So tough decision for the kids . . . do I tell the truth or do I "betray" (mother's words) my parents? I think the kids chose to tell the truth before the Parents got to them.

I did read where some of the supervised visits had to be cut short due to comments the parents made to the children. At least these parents are learning from some enforced boundaries of when they are going too far, but can they actually incorporate those skills into their everyday thinking and behaviors? Honestly, I think the parents should have "therapeutic visits" with a qualified professional who can work with the parents and children on effective communication and rebuilding the relationship through establishing trust.

Wenwe4, thank you for the transcription. Painstaking to do that, but so helpful to be able to read MS's statements.

One thing that really bothered me back when she first gave that interview, comes back to me as I read the transcript. Her comments about a husband beating his wife. That was just such an incredibly odd comment to throw in, out of the blue, that it stuck with me. I have to wonder if the children observed HS delivering some "divinely mandated husband/ head of the household" physical "correction" to MS. I would be very glad to be wrong, but I can't completely disregard her comment.

yes, because all of our philosophies should be rooted in mad men, or some equally dopey sitcom , our political theory from John Stewart and our hatred of religion from Dawkins ...we are so enlightened.

Indeed, Beaver Cleaver couldn't have said it better. lol

My comments in green

I pseudo-transcribed Michelle Stanley's videotaped statement. (not every word is exact but close enough)

Here is the link for reference:
http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/7-...homeschool-family-to-remain-in-state-custody/

Here is my transcript:
Michelle Stanley
Our children were taken from us without saying one word why. There was a search warrant for MMS that’s what they came to search our house for. . . we did not know a single thing about any other allegation until the last few seconds of the office closing on Friday we were consulting with a lawyer and they made us sit there and wait until the office closed before they faxed it to him.
He went through it with us and just bomb after bomb of laying it on me after a long day of meeting the kids for the first time since they left, finding out they had put them in public school already, everything I found out that day – it was the worst day of my life and then to find out the betrayal and the things that the kids said that weren’t true. So many things that day finding out but again . . . they did it on the last minutes of Friday everything was closed and we had a 3 day weekend.

"...finding out they had put them in public school already...it was the worst day of my life....the BETRAYAL AND THE THINGS THAT THE KIDS SAID THAT WEREN'T TRUE."
So she's already implying some sort of disparate, unfair treatment in that they had to wait until a Friday afternoon to find things out. Is she implying they not only withheld information from the family until Friday afternoon, but also waited for a three-day weekend on purpose? As though her family's case is the only case being worked on and they all sat around twiddling their thumbs until 4:50pm just to persecute her further?

They are upset maybe because of the media. I did not do . . the media took off on itself because they talked to us . . not once did they ask us anything – they just interviewed our kids. They never once said why they were taking them never gave us a clue. The DHS that’s their job to say whether it is safe or not and the DHS Dept and their investigators were here and they were very comfortable the kids were safe so when Mike Right decided no they are not and said I’m gonna take them into holding and he did.

Uh, yeah, the media "took off on itself because they talked to us." The media wouldn't have had anything to "take off" with if the family hadn't had engaged with them, so...I'm calling shenanigans on that claim. Her previous statement about the MMS being in the search warrant should have given her a clue as to why they were removing the kids, since they admittedly did have MMS present. She clearly doesn't understand how CPS works, because OBVIOUSLY the investigators on the scene were not "very comfortable the kids were safe," and if no one was telling her anything, how did she come to learn that alleged information in the first place?

So many contradictions it's making my head spin.

The focus in the beginning was the MMS that’s what the search warrant was that was why the media ran with that, we didn’t try to give them a false impression – they didn’t tell us what that was we were scratching our head, and because we have two teenagers and they had them in the van for over 5 hours and Im going oh my goodness what are my teenagers saying . . and we thought they gave the impression that they were waiting in the van they had to be examined because they might have MMS present in them. Clean bill of health, nothing in them .. .

So again, she knows the MMS was part of the search warrant, so she can't claim cluelessness. "...we have two teenagers and they had them in the van for over 5 hours and I'm going oh my goodness what are my teenagers saying." RED FLAG RIGHT THERE...not "what are they doing to my kids," or "are they ensuring my children are getting fed and water provided during these 5 hours" no instead it's "what are they saying?"

Does anyone really believe the children were tested for MMS and it came back negative that quick from a van lab? I don't.

They had to ask the kids what would happen if they leave them here and both of my teenagers said we would pack them up and flee. And because we go camping we have a van that has some camping gear that we leave in it so if we go camping it’s less time to pack. One of my children said “and matter of fact the van is packed” and the other one said “if you leave us here they will pack us up tonight”.

She sure seems angry that the teenagers told DHS what the parents would be likely to do, which would be pack them up and flee. Sure sounds like there'd been discussion in the home regarding having to flee "from authorities," or the teenagers likely would have answered differently. Good for the teens for telling it like it is. Because indeed there was a packed van ready to go, whether from "always keeping it ready" or not, it was ready and the teens knew it was likely going to be used to flee.

So I thought maybe that was the reason our kids were taken but now they are saying . . the sheriff I just heard the press release 15 or 10 minutes ago, and I’m just going (shakes head) child abuse? Neglect?
Anyone who’s ever been in my house knows these kids are not abused and they are not neglected. Our house is full of all the provisions, anything they don’t want to wear like shoes, we have over 200 something pair of shoes, they choose not to wear them. Anybody ever had a child out there that likes to go barefooted?

Kid blaming again--they don't like the over 200 pairs of shoes in the house those ungrateful children!

America your’e fired up because if they can do it to us they can do it to your kids. If they had a problem they should have come to us. The Neigh. . . the friends that worked with them – shame on you! Back in the olden days when a man was beatin on his wife – three grown men would go and face that man with what he was doing. But now you have to go to the authorities – you can’t come talk to us like mature adults and discuss it.. I mean even to . . .

Ah, the olden days argument. As though the olden days were better LOL. So when three grown men would go confront a wife beater back in the day (vigilante justice) that was all great and dandy and apparently equated to "talking to people like mature adults and discussing it" (uh yeah kinda don't think three grown men going to confront a wife beater were planning to just have a mature discussion). Wow, literally shaming people for going to authorities instead of vigilante.

I’m sorry we didn’t have the perfect family, because of our teenage situation and our first older kids, realizing that maybe it might have something to do with us because of our raising them having to do with us even though we are doing better than most people. We are still questioning our parenting skills even though we went through Total Transformation and had difficulty implementing it because of the reward system we don’t have the means to give them allowance we give them lots of privileges but of course the kids – you can give them 10 and then you say no one place and it’s like everything is no.
Anybody rec....you know understand that? But you know these grown adults didn’t have enough discernment to know what they are dealing with and they went riding on their words and I understand the concern and that’s fine but they what they have on us I don’t think it justifies taking all the kids. My little ones they will never be the same, the teenagers they want to go to public school – fine they can stay. We will do anything.

I may be misunderstanding the first sentence, but it seems like she's saying that they didn't have the perfect family because of the teenagers and older children.

The MMS is just gone – it’s not worth that. We were using it for the aquaponics to balance the pH for the fish and my husband he’s old-ER than me and he wants to be around to raise the kids and so he’s just getting his body needs more acid. He tests it and he watches his acidity goes up . . it goes down and alkaline. He’s been having great benefits from it.

AHA!!! "We were using for the aquaponics...and [my husband] wants to be around the raise the kids and so he's just getting his body needs more acid. He tests it and he watches his acidity goes up...it goes down and alkaline. He's been having great benefits from it."

BUT IF IT'S ONLY BEING USED FOR AQUAPONICS, THEN HOW IS IT IMPACTING THE HUSBAND'S PH BALANCE AND GIVING HIM GREAT BENEFITS??? HINKY HINKY HINKY

If we let them get away with this – it’s gonna be y’all next. I love my teenagers, and Hal’s not a perfect Father – but he loves them. If we’re guilty of something – we’re guilty of loving them.
Our only hope right now to keep this from dragging through the court is to have a lot of support to be out there at 1:30. There’s a lot of people who know us – to be people for our defense who know us. But we need everybody out there for our rights for our liberties.
One thirty is whenever it’s gonna be get out there early. We have witnesses – anybody knows us who wants to get out there and witness for us.
Its walking through the house and rooms are empty. If feel like just like a when a person dies and they’re gone. Just like and their rooms are empty, our house is empty.

Overall, wow, just WOW. She's hard to follow, as is her logic, but my goodness, that was some disturbing reading, IMO!!!! Before reading about her husband's great success using MMS, I wasn't necessarily buying into that aspect of it, but she contradicted herself first saying it was for the aquaponics then explaining how her husband benefits from it adjusting his ph levels. So now I'm thinking, yeah, they probably were giving it to the kids. IMO, MOO

We know there are plenty of studies that show the impact of corporal punishment. But as we know, studies do not impress some.

I just know that no one better ever hit me and they better never hit me or my grandhchidren all of whom continue to be fabulous achievers and wonderful people.

LOL, yeah, I used the Mad Men example simply because it makes a good point, one that I'm sure holds true even outside of the fictional 1960's. Point being, children who are hit learn that hitting is the way to gain control over those smaller or weaker than you. They learn to hate the person hitting them. They learn to despise the people allowing them to be hit. They rarely learn a positive lesson from being hit.

Guess I need to find a Blaze article or FOX news report about child abuse if I'm wanting to convince anyone, but...nah, it's not worth my time to try to convince the deliberately obtuse and closed-minded :)

Well, the only leaks appear to be coming from the Stanley's themselves but I believe they will "leak" out further info in the days/weeks to come.

I just listened to the sermon about the rod of guidance to beat the children, to save them from hell with love. I just gotta this is coming from the same person who said the public schools will "brainwash" the children. Hmmm . . . methinks he doth protest too much. That recording was from March 2012. Three years later I think he has "perfected" upon his "musings". His cadence in his voice reminded me of listening to the Warren Jeff's recordings in the FLDS.

Heavy guilt, shame, and adherance to obediance to the Parents of the home. I cannot imagine the children's point of view, not only are they disobeying their parents but they are also disobeying God - according to Father's teachings. So tough decision for the kids . . . do I tell the truth or do I "betray" (mother's words) my parents? I think the kids chose to tell the truth before the Parents got to them.

I did read where some of the supervised visits had to be cut short due to comments the parents made to the children. At least these parents are learning from some enforced boundaries of when they are going too far, but can they actually incorporate those skills into their everyday thinking and behaviors? Honestly, I think the parents should have "therapeutic visits" with a qualified professional who can work with the parents and children on effective communication and rebuilding the relationship through establishing trust.

Kind of like the daughter of Henry the 8th burning people at the stake to cleanse their souls

None of the schools where I live have weapon scanners. None of the schools my children went to had them. None of the schools my nieces and nephews go to have them.
I will ask my son tomorrow If hot springs high has them, he has been to plenty of sporting events there. I live in arkansas, I have been to games and activities all over the state at a bunch of different schools, I have NEVER seen metal detectors at schools...
Around here 10-15 years ago the boys , and some of the girls, still had hunting rifles in the gun racks in their trucks from October to February every year. I would have hated to grow up in the kind of environment that is being imagined here. :(

corporal punishment is not illegal, we don't know if no shoes in snow was a regular occurrence or a one time playful incident.

Michelle's justification (courtesy of wenwe's transcription) makes it sound more like a regular thing than just a one-off.

Anyone who’s ever been in my house knows these kids are not abused and they are not neglected. Our house is full of all the provisions, anything they don’t want to wear like shoes, we have over 200 something pair of shoes, they choose not to wear them. Anybody ever had a child out there that likes to go barefooted?

I think one thing we all may agree on, is that we hope for the best possible outcome for the Stanley children. I am sending positive vibes and prayers to the family today.

This is what Hal Stanley has posted today:

FREEDOM OF RELIGION
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, The First Amendment to the Constitution.

Today I have no freedom to "free exercise thereof" of my religion. My religion is absolute devotion to the Bible and the Christ it reveals and to a family in which Jesus Christ is Lord. My family lost this freedom on January the twelfth when the sheriff's department claimed my children and took them from me. They are now wards of the state and are told that they have no rights. For two months they have been incarcerated, indoctrinated, forced into medical procedures which harm their bodies and humiliated by ungodly authorities. By ungodly authorities I mean those who are not authorized by God. God gave parents to care for the needs of the children. Christians wake up! They took away the rights of my FAMILY to home worship, home school, home health, and home business. No crimes were committed, and no laws broken. Christians wake up! This has nothing to do with law it has to do with procedures. For two months I have heard very little of law, but have waded through the morass of procedures of the bureaucrats who use what little law is left to protect their procedures. Today, in court we fight for freedom of religion, mine and yours. If they took away the freedom we had enjoyed for some twenty years building, by the Bible, the family you have seen and love, if they have taken away my freedom they can take away yours. The future of our families should be based on the First Amendment and not some bureaucrat or judge! Christians wake up! Where are the politicians we just elected? Where are the preachers? Christians wake up!
Bro Hal

It sounds like they mean to go in fighting--and perhaps defensive. But again, we do not know what the motion is that the court has agreed to hear

BTW--note an inconsistency between Hal and Michelle. Hal suggests that his children are being told (by the evil people) that they have no rights. Michelle was quite insistent that acknowledging rights of children meant the death of the family.

I don't see this as a conflict between the two of them, but rather using whatever is at hand to support denial of real issues.

FREEDOM OF RELIGION
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, The First Amendment to the Constitution.

Today I have no freedom to "free exercise thereof" of my religion. My religion is absolute devotion to the Bible and the Christ it reveals and to a family in which Jesus Christ is Lord. My family lost this freedom on January the twelfth when the sheriff's department claimed my children and took them from me. They are now wards of the state and are told that they have no rights. For two months they have been incarcerated, indoctrinated, forced into medical procedures which harm their bodies and humiliated by ungodly authorities. By ungodly authorities I mean those who are not authorized by God. God gave parents to care for the needs of the children. Christians wake up! They took away the rights of my FAMILY to home worship, home school, home health, and home business. No crimes were committed, and no laws broken. Christians wake up! This has nothing to do with law it has to do with procedures. For two months I have heard very little of law, but have waded through the morass of procedures of the bureaucrats who use what little law is left to protect their procedures. Today, in court we fight for freedom of religion, mine and yours. If they took away the freedom we had enjoyed for some twenty years building, by the Bible, the family you have seen and love, if they have taken away my freedom they can take away yours. The future of our families should be based on the First Amendment and not some bureaucrat or judge! Christians wake up! Where are the politicians we just elected? Where are the preachers? Christians wake up!
Bro Hal

It sounds like they mean to go in fighting--and perhaps defensive. But again, we do not know what the motion is that the court has agreed to hear

Well, I agree that this sounds very angry and defensive. HS has definitely clarified that a big part of the conflict is related to parenting actions based on his personal religious interpretation. I don't read this as hopeful or positive. If he truly believes in divinely mandated physical punishment and absolute control of every aspect of his children's thoughts and lives, then I don't think there will be a rapid reunification of this family. He will view CPS mandates as a choice between God's laws and man's laws, IMO. And I don't think he will be willing or able to comply with man's laws. JMO.

FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Bro Hal

Clearly this Father doesn't get it. He will dig in his heels and spout how the evil government stole his children for practicing his "God given right" to "indoctinate" his chldren with his own personal perverted (IMO) views of speaking for "God" in how children should be raised. Irregardless of whether the laws of the state have determined the children are being abused or neglected. Hal's fight is to garner support for the "injustice" that has been done to him - no mention of the "injustices" he has inflicted upon his children.

This attitude and anger is not going to bode well for him in court. If I were CPS in this town, I would be even more fearful to return the children to this home right now as I fear the kids would be in even more danger of risk of harm from the parents. After all, it's the kid's fault for talking, going barefoot, being exposed to MMS, unable to attend public school, etc. (dontcha know) The parents are unwilling to accept they might have gone too far, been too strict, inflicted too much pain, been too overbearing, endangered their children because their views are more important than the health, welfare, and safety of their kids.

I predict that the children will remain in foster care until these parents accept some responsibility in their actions, agree they were wrong, and take steps to ensure that those things will never happen again (whatever the founded abuse/neglect issues are).

They took away the rights of my FAMILY to home worship, home school, home health, and home business.

Home business? Does his business depend on the kids doing all the work or how does the removal of kids take away his right to do business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight