Identified! AR - Hamburg, WhtMale UP2935, 20-40, red beard, hit by semi, May'89 - Charles Cornell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Based on the photographs, Lowell looks like a good possibility!

To me it looks like his beard and hair are red because they are stained with blood. The hair on the top half of his head is blond.

Exclusions as of 14 May 2015 on Namus page (WARNING, PM photos) https://identifyus.org/cases/2935

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Craig Alexander 1961 Vermont
Mark Clarke 1954 North Carolina
Clarence Dellis 1940 Louisiana
Russell Gray 1954 Texas
Gary Kergan 1950 Louisiana
Jimmy Long 1953 Louisiana
Mark Merritt 1961 Texas
David Mize 1960 Mississippi
William Newman, Jr. 1955 Louisiana
Gregory Nicely 1952 Arkansas
William Reed 1955 Arkansas
Isais Rodriguez Jr. 1958 Louisiana
Thomas Scott 1956 Texas
Ronald Shelley 1949 Oklahoma
Keith Tindale 1961 Louisiana
Robert Villarreal 1961 Michigan

Maybe we should look up light-haired men to match with him. Some guys have blond or brown head hair but grow red beards. The hair on the top of his head is pale, almost grey. What if he grew a beard after he went missing and people only knew him as a blond? And it looks like at least some of the redness is from blood.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1890umar.html
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2935

Unidentified Male
Date of Discovery: May 24, 1989
Location of Discovery: Hamburg, Ashley County, Arkansas
Estimated Date of Death: Same day
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Pedestrian/auto accident

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry - Blond in front and dark in the back of the head, 6" in length with a long beard and mustache.
Eye Color: Hazel or blue

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals: Available. Dental fillings in the molars.
Fingerprints: Available. RT: 27 10 07 05 09; LT: 16 04 08 04 08.
DNA: mtDNA and nucDNA available with FBI NMPDD (ref #10-2387).
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue jeans, brown belt, red/white/blue plaid shirt, brown coat, brown boots, black socks, a red handkerchief, and a blue handkerchief.

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

The victim was standing in the westbound lane of Highway 52 with his back to traffic when he was struck by a tractor trailer at 8:40 p.m. He was 1.4 miles west of the interchange with Highway 82 in Hamburg. He was thrown 79 feet. The driver of the tractor trailer did not realize he'd hit a person until he pulled over to investigate.

An autopsy indicated no alcohol or drugs in the victim's system. He did not have any identification on him.

Link to post mortem image, graphic https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/2035

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1890UMAR/

Maybe we should look up light-haired men to match with him. Some guys have blond or brown head hair but grow red beards. The hair on the top of his head is pale, almost grey. What if he grew a beard after he went missing and people only knew him as a blond? And it looks like at least some of the redness is from blood.

I agree, I think he was strawberry blonde with a red beard. The tips of his hair are stained with blood IMO.

Dried blood isn't red though. It's almost black and usually leaves a rusty brown stain. I suppose that could look reddish on pale blond orvgray hair though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bump: for image revision.

I don't think I've revised this guy since I first put out his recon.

Helene from DoeNet has been giving me Arkansas cases to do reconstructions on, and I just realized that they didn't have a reconstruction for the Red Beard Guy. They still have his case as a Hot Case without an image.

So here he is (with the Petit Jean State Park overlook in the background). It didn't take a lot of work to make him presentable. I smoothed out his skin, lowered his eyebrows, straightened up his hair, turned his eyes toward the camera, and gave him a slight smile.

He was actually a pretty respectable looking guy.

7bb844a1-cbbe-4e96-b935-1d921bf4e129.jpg

Oh, I just saw that missing report the other day. I had a different JD in mind. Wow. RIP Mr. Cornell

RIP Mr. Cornell

What a nice looking man. I wonder what he was doing in that highway when he was hit. No drugs or alcohol in his system. Was he just trying to cross?

Sad.

RIP Mr. Cornell, thank you for your service.
I wonder how he ended up in AR?
I agree, what a very nice looking young man.

Agreed, he was a very attractive guy. I'm surprised no one in the area stepped forward to say they remembered him.

I'm curious about how he ended up in Arkansas as well. Obviously he had been wandering for 3 years, but I do wonder what his intentions for being in that area were.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1
Back