GUILTY AR - Isaiah Torres, 6, raped, beaten to death, Bella Vista, 29 March 2015 *parents charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can. I can read it.

I cannot understand it, but I can read it. I almost feel like I HAVE to.

Otherwise, who will know the horror sweet little Maurice endured. And yes, I do think it matters. We SHOULD know about depravity like this. So that the next child will hopefully be saved.

Sick SOBs.

Yes, EllieBee and sallye -- I think we should read the affidavit to witness for little Isaiah and to do what we can, where we can, to try to stop these horrors before they are visited upon another innocent, loving and trusting child. They are entrusted to us only for a short time; we should take care of them as is shown in the books we read to these children -- of the mother and father birds take care of their nestlings, as the mare takes care of her foal and so on. They are God's greatest gift and finest miracle.

And we must do what we can to see that justice is carried out for those who do not act even as the lowly creatures of the earth act for their offspring.

Yes, we must witness and do what we can.

I was able to read this article without a subscription. I swear it should be an automatic removal from the home if a parent says the word "clumsy" to CPS investigators!

"He was always running into doorknobs."

Just dammit.

Smith found that the protection order was not necessary since the Torreses are being held without bond in the jail and their two children are in the custody of the Department of Human Services

Nothing like a little posturing before you get charged with a capital murder case.

Hi, I'm new. This poor child lived right down the street from us. The DHS report also says that there were two other dealings with DHS in the early 2000s, one which ended in "court action". The eldest daughter was born in 2007. It appears that the Torres parents have tangled with DHS before, possibly with a "first wave" of children. That is terrifying.

A big WELCOME to WEBSLEUTHS to you, DrCha!

We're glad to have you aboard!

WTF my mom lives there , I hadn't heard this, I'm just sick , I hope I don't know this woman she's close to my age I'm afraid to look further RIP little guy :(

Once again, it seems there needs to be a specific system in place when children are withdrawn from the public school system to homeschool children. I do know some home schoolers, and I would say they are about the best parents out there, and act in the best interests of their children. So there are clearly competent parents who do this, and good reasons to remove a child and home school them. It seems there should be a policy, that if a child is in the public school and removed, the school should have to complete a process and declare:

1. the parents seem to be completely competent and are attempting to act in the best interests of their child
2. we have some concerns about the competency of the parents, and the home situation
3. this child has been reported several times by this school to CPS for abuse and the case appears to remain open, with no resolution

Put these children in a category to be checked quarterly. These "checks" can simply take the form of the usual things done in the school - vision and hearing tests, physical fitness tests done in P.E., etc. It should be a RED FLAG if a child is reported for abuse, and then the child is withdrawn from the school by the parents.

bbm

Shades of the Zahra Baker case -- Elisa Baker, Zahra's stepmother, pulled Zahra from public school to home schooling before Zahra's death at their home. Another horrible case of child abuse.

Echoing your thoughts as well, JeannaT, that "for real" (my adjective, let me add) home-schooling is documented, reported, etc., and home-school parents/children often join each other for trips, athletics, social functions, etc. Home-schooling, in the hands of those who want to do a good job for their children, can be a very fine method of education.

They will almost certainly wait for the crime lab to issue complete findings and a compilation of corroborated testimony; e.g., toxicology, more precise times and extents of injuries, etc. before prosecutors decide whether to pursue the death penalty.

It may be difficult to prove premeditation beyond reasonable doubt, but a jury seated in Benton County should be conservative and law-conscious enough to convict when the case is proven -- and I'm certain it will be.

IMO, I think premeditation could be shown. The injuries that were inflicted upon him took at least a little time, and in most states, the phrase "however short" comes into play with planning and premeditation. Strangulation until death takes about 3--5 minutes -- the perpetrator has time to stop before the victim dies, unlike a shot from a pistol. Without being specific, I think that the perpetrator here definitely had time to stop from the time he started beating the child until the final injury, whatever that was...

And this awful, awful murder was definitely cruel, savage, and any other adjective a prosecutor or DA would want to put on it. It may be that the perpetrator did not decide "I want to kill him tonight," etc., but certainly "careless disregard" for the outcome of this child's feelings and condition could also be argued. IANAL, and I don't know anything about Arkansas law. Just sayin'...

I think the DP will not be a problem in this unbelievably savage case. Grrrrr. JMHO

The DHS report on the rape accusations is HORRIFYING. This creature and his wife are just quite the pair. 11 months later, she gives him twins to damage. The horror. The Horror!

Yes, indeed, DrCha -- this one act is something that one would never see in a horror story or any type of fiction -- only in the super-warped mentality of someone in real life. We here at Websleuths have borne witness to some horrible acts, and this one is way, way up there. Compared to that one act, the Death Penalty pales in comparison, but it's all we've got as a civilized nation.

The one thing that we can take from this as to be a positive is that this horror has resulted in the other siblings being removed from the home. We can hope that their lives haven't already been scarred forever, and that they can get to a place where they can lay their little heads on a pillow and sleep with no fear every night & wake up the next morning knowing that there will be no pain. We can hope.

Just read this story, cannot read the report, but I am beyond sickened and angry.

CPS didn't just fail this child, everyone failed him.

How could any person do this to a child? There will never be an answer for that. And what the mother is trying to do now with a protective order...GTFO with that. I promise you I would be dead with my child before I allowed something like this to happen. You would literally have to kill me before I would let any person put their hands on my child, as a mother, protecting my child is the ONLY job that truly matters to me.

And another thought about the Death Penalty for a rape/murder trial in Arkansas:

The DP is being sought for Zachary Holly, the alleged murderer of 6 y/old little Jersey Bridgeman. He kidnapped her from her bed during the night, took her to a nearby vacant house and allegedly raped her and strangled her to death. He probably had no plans to kill her that night, IMO; he probably "only" wanted to rape her. She may have cried out -- who knoze -- and he either panicked or got angry and allegedly (yes, allegedly, dammit) choked her to death. The DA is talking DP on that one. She was 6 years old. In some ways, IMO, these cases are similar.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-girl-found-dead-after-being-reported-missing

Please pardon the string of borndem, borndem, borndem -- I'm catching up on this case and having thoughts. See y'all tomorrow!

And bless Isaiah's heart. He is playing and laughing and having all the ice cream he wants, and he has plenty of other angel children to run and jump around with. He is happy and free and enveloped in love.

Please pardon the string of borndem, borndem, borndem -- I'm catching up on this case and having thoughts. See y'all tomorrow!

And bless Isaiah's heart. He is playing and laughing and having all the ice cream he wants, and he has plenty of other angel children to run and jump around with. He is happy and free and enveloped in love.

Absolutely beautiful post borndem!
:heartluv:
:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85679c8fc60f17f5d34aeecae437729f.jpg

We live close enough that I was able to go with my mom and daughter to Bella Vista today. We added our pinwheels in honor of little Isaiah.

Today I talked to my daughter. I talked to her about a little boy who had a secret that made him get hurt. We talked about being there to remember this boy who needed help. We talked about secrets. And we talked about "problems". And we talked about getting help to be safe. She is younger so not in gory detail but we will continue these talks. And we will grow together and learn together. This will be little Isaiah's legacy. He will be the inspiration behind hundreds of people becoming aware. Aware of child abuse, aware of the signs, aware of how to stop and also prevent.

Rest in Peace Little Man

85679c8fc60f17f5d34aeecae437729f.jpg

We live close enough that I was able to go with my mom and daughter to Bella Vista today. We added our pinwheels in honor of little Isaiah.

Today I talked to my daughter. I talked to her about a little boy who had a secret that made him get hurt. We talked about being there to remember this boy who needed help. We talked about secrets. And we talked about "problems". And we talked about getting help to be safe. She is younger so not in gory detail but we will continue these talks. And we will grow together and learn together. This will be little Isaiah's legacy. He will be the inspiration behind hundreds of people becoming aware. Aware of child abuse, aware of the signs, aware of how to stop and also prevent.

Rest in Peace Little Man

LibraStarr, your post brought :tears: to my eyes!
:tyou: :tyou: to you and your amazing daughter for making the journey to the Bella Vista Pinwheel Memorial and showing your own personal sign of love and support for this beautiful, precious little boy!!!!! :heartluv: :heartluv:

I've done the same with my own two girls over the years, especially in relation to the Sierra LaMar case (and her yearly Balloon Releases - she just had the 3rd marking her disappearance and there's a capital case pending, so most believe that's the day she lost her life :floating: )

Our children learn SO much from us, and the world around them (Good and bad), it makes being a parent a scary thing sometimes. Doing what you did, together, shows SO much about you IMO :) It also teaches your daughter about the world in a way words just can't. The fact that you cared enough to follow it up with a heartfelt conversation, literally makes my heart sing.

The world our children are growing up in just seems like a scarier place than the one I grew up in (I had my girls in my early 30s and they're in finishing up the 2nd and 6th grade). I know the statistics may not bear that out, but it feels that way. Situational awareness, knowledge, and self-confidence are all key in helping to prevent some situations from occurring. I also know that you can "do everything right" and still have disaster strike. Meeting Marc Klaas at a Print-A-Thon drove that home in way I can't even put into words :cry: :rose:

So reading a post like this yours makes me SO PROUD to be a (mommy) :websleuther:!

I know this forum is filled with amazing people (parents, fur-baby parents, and non-parents!), just like you, who care deeply for victims like Isaiah.

His legacy will live on for eternity.

:floating:
:rose:

:twocents: (and then some.....)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads