AR AR - James Valdez, 47, car found with message asking for help, Booneville, 10 Jun 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Above is a link to MNF’s post regarding James missing. His sister (SC) has commented (leading you to her FB page where she posts info on a regular basis.

ETA: his other sister (NC) posts on a regular basis as well. I want to cry reading some of their posts about their brother.

This poor family is heartbroken; it seems they are pleading for answers (whether good or bad). IMO, they desperately want closure of some sort. :(

Can anyone else confirm that he left after an argument with his wife of one month? MOO

I’ve only read about him leaving after an argument with his wife in that one article (linked in a previous post), but...the circumstances around his disappearance (including the argument) is shared in detail on family’s SM pages.

Family still searching for missing Logan County man. | 5newsonline.com

James Valdez, 47, was last seen on June 10 driving off after having an argument with family at a home in Booneville.

After 10 days, his vehicle was found in Sugar Grove with the words "help me, he is near" written on the back window.
>Keys were missing
>Driver’s seat was adjusted/pulled up
>Part of engine was damaged

His sister compared the handwriting on the back of the window to his writing on a letter; she believes the handwriting doesn’t match.

Booneville officers and cadaver dogs have searched the area where they found Valdez's vehicle. LE are still actively looking.

Booneville to Sugar Grove
10 miles apart

https://goo.gl/maps/YaqeerABBLgtEnj89
The sister compared his handwriting to the writing on the car? I don't think it works like that. His writing samples would be with pen or pencil, on paper. The person writing on the car window was doing it with a finger in dirt. Would a person's handwriting style come out on a car window using a finger, honest question to Forensic expert? It just doesn't seem like it would, but IDK??

The sister compared his handwriting to the writing on the car? I don't think it works like that. His writing samples would be with pen or pencil, on paper. The person writing on the car window was doing it with a finger in dirt. Would a person's handwriting style come out on a car window using a finger, honest question to Forensic expert? It just doesn't seem like it would, but IDK??

I am a handwriting analyst, although it has been a number of years since I have taken professional cases. At one time I taught, lectured, and wrote a newspaper column on the subject. I didn't specialize in forensics, and most of my business clients used my services for hiring and other personnel situations. The only 3 forensic cases I worked were as a favor to business clients and they all had a favorable outcome; 2 were check forgeries and in the 3rd case (which was quite interesting) an employee of the company had written obscene notes on the bottoms of letters that were being mailed to clients under the signature of the president of the company. In the 3rd case I was given samples of writing of the 63 employees of the company, and I was able to identify the writer even though he had written with the opposite hand and had printed childishly. My main clues in identifying the writer were in the angles of his connecting strokes.

It would be extremely difficult to compare the writing on the window of a car with writing on paper, and chances are it would be inconclusive. There is a slight possibility, however, that there could be a distinctive trait that would carry through no matter what the writing instrument or the surface.

I am a handwriting analyst, although it has been a number of years since I have taken professional cases. At one time I taught, lectured, and wrote a newspaper column on the subject. I didn't specialize in forensics, and most of my business clients used my services for hiring and other personnel situations. The only 3 forensic cases I worked were as a favor to business clients and they all had a favorable outcome; 2 were check forgeries and in the 3rd case (which was quite interesting) an employee of the company had written obscene notes on the bottoms of letters that were being mailed to clients under the signature of the president of the company. In the 3rd case I was given samples of writing of the 63 employees of the company, and I was able to identify the writer even though he had written with the opposite hand and had printed childishly. My main clues in identifying the writer were in the angles of his connecting strokes.

It would be extremely difficult to compare the writing on the window of a car with writing on paper, and chances are it would be inconclusive. There is a slight possibility, however, that there could be a distinctive trait that would carry through no matter what the writing instrument or the surface.
Thank you for such great information!

My faaaaaavorite thing about websleuths!!!! The tiny little areas of expertise that people here have. Thank you for posting that info! Made me smile.

I follow the trail. Keep clicking on people's profiles until you find the right one. One of the sister's mentioned the wife's name. I followed that to her FB page. I shouldn't judge, but.... things that make you go "hmmmmm".

Does she have more than one fb page?
Because I can’t find anything that stands out...

Do you think the writer of the window message could leave a traceable fingerprint?

Yes, he did indeed leave after an argument with his wife.

5d3fd1_6223a13574c9494592238eceac9480ac~mv2.png

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...missing-from-rural-logan-county-since-june-17

This is creepy.[/QUOTE]
I am not sure if has been confirmed. it's considered a rumour right now, I guess.

Looks like the family is trying to get equisearch involved.

Flyer has interesting information: Drivers seat had been cut or torn, things under the hood were disconnected, and his keys and cell phone are still missing.
Unfortunately Equusearch said due to covid they aren’t traveling a lot currently…said it’s not out of the realms of possibility to help, but they cannot right now with the numbers going back up. :(

Two family member’s of Jamie and a missing persons advocate were interviewed in the video above.

Information that stood out:
•Jamie had a cell phone but he didn’t have a carrier plan (only WiFi capabilities) so LE weren’t able to ping phone according to his sister
•Jamie stayed in constant contact with family including his daughter, but he has not been heard from; his sister stated she truly believes he isn’t alive.
•Jamie’s wife was called into work and he got upset because he wanted her to stay at home; the two argued at the house in front of some of her family members
•later on Jamie showed up at his wife’s workplace to continue conversation but his wife didn’t have time (she was working)
•Jamie’s wife told his sister that he then left, went back to the house, picked up some clothes & $600, and left. His family hasn’t seen him since.
•His vehicle was eventually found by his wife’s boss/boss’s husband near the swimming hole on June 19.
•The next day his wife filed a missing person’s report (which had to be edited due to several errors)
•His vehicle was found with writing on the window; it was later learned that teens wrote on it being funny two days earlier.
•According to the teens the vehicle was running when they approached it on June 17. After coming back to it a little later it was no longer running. That’s when they wrote on it.
•There was damage to the vehicle that wasn’t there prior to Jamie missing.
•LE conducted ground and water searches
•Jamie’s insurance card, some loose change, and other belongings were found near where his vehicle was found.
•Jamie is a recovering addict, but believed to be clean and sober for a year
•He was diabetic but not insulin dependent

So after an argument with his wife, Jamie grabs some clothes & cash, and he disappears (June 10). His wife contacts Jamie’s sister a couple days later and tells her he’s missing and how they argued.
Question: If his wife was at work, how did she know that Jamie went home to grab clothes and $600? Did he call and tell her? Did she just notice those items were missing? Were her family members at the house and saw him getting the items before leaving?
Jamie’s sister starts asking his friends if they’ve seen him etc
On June 17, some teens come upon Jamie’s vehicle abandoned at the swimming hole. Not knowing it belonged to a missing person, they write on the windows being funny.
On June 19, the wife’s boss or boss’s spouse finds Jamie’s vehicle at the swimming hole (not knowing about the teens seeing it 2 days earlier). His wife calls his sister to tell her the vehicle was found and the sister tells the wife to file a missing persons report. The wife does so the next day (20th). According to the sister, there were several mistakes/“holes” in the report and the wife said she’d get it fixed.

I wonder what the mistakes were in the missing person's report? Mistakes like typos or mistakes like personal info, timeline? What type of info does a missing person's report contain?
MOO

Merely my opinion, but I feel like the mistakes relate to the timeline (dates) & some details...Again MOO.

Last edited:
So... wait... the argument happened June 10, the car was seen running on June 17, and she didn't file a missing persons report until June 20? So that implies that either (a) he was alive between June 10 and June 17, OR (b) someone stole his car sometime between June 10 and June 17. The latter creates problems, because that implies LE is looking for him in the wrong place.

Wife could know about the $600 because she may have noticed it missing from the house. I don't keep that kind of cash around, but some people may. With that kind of money, he could've done anything - car, train, subway, bus.... and gone anywhere.

Also seems odd that he got so upset over her going to work. Is this kind of anger normal for him? Or is it new? New behavior could mean medical issue or he started using again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back