AR AR - James Valdez, 47, car found with message asking for help, Booneville, 10 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jamie took oral diabetic medication. He has in the past had to take insulin, but after losing some weight was able to switch to the oral. His sugar had been very high for several weeks before the incident and his wife was trying to get him to talk to the doctor about getting on insulin to control the sugar. She said when his sugar would get off, that he'd get very agitated and cranky.

People can act VERY bizarrely when their blood sugar is too high.

I sure hope your family gets some answers.

I live in a different part of the state and although I’ve been to Boone County numerous times I am not very familiar with the area his car was located in.
However, several links have shared a few details concerning the location (links can be found in previous posts); hope this helps a little!

1.Jamie’s vehicle was found in Sugar Grove.
2.It was first discovered by some teens (the teens were unaware at the time the vehicle belonged to a missing man) at The Bluff/Swimming Hole.
3. Jamie’s vehicle was located by his wife’s boss by the Swimming Hole off of Dry Creek Rd.
I find it interesting that the vehicle was located by his wife's boss. It's probably nothing more than a friend helping search but it does give me pause.

I think there was a Night Court episode about high blood sugar. But why was his insurance card outside the car? That seems like a really odd thing to (1) have out and (2) leave behind
The area where his insurance card and some pocket items were found was an area really hard to get to. VERY rocky. I live in a different state, but visited with the purpose of going to that area and participating in a search. I tried walking the dry creek bed to get to the area where the items are and nearly fell several times. However, you could walk along the dry creek bed and get there much easier.

I don't want to say too much as I am aware that if I found this forum by doing a google search of Jamie's name, others can as well. I will say that his last phone ping was an area 3 miles away that was underwater at the time he went missing. This is the reason the police suspect foul play.
There is another person missing from the same area and she has been missing over a year Log In or Sign Up to View

People can act VERY bizarrely when their blood sugar is too high.

I sure hope your family gets some answers.
Several years ago, Jamie had an episode while he was driving. He said everything went black and he could barely talk. He was driving at the time and had to pull over. He called an ambulance and they took him to the hospital. His sugar was so high, they were afraid he'd go into a diabetic coma. It scared him into losing weight and being able to go on oral medication. His wife let me know that she could tell his sugar was getting off as he'd get agitated. She'd try to get him to check his sugar and go to the doctor if needed, but he refused.

https://www.todayinfortsmith.com/po...missing-from-rural-logan-county-since-june-17

This article’s information differs from the other links (date last seen, timeline,...)
-searching for a missing man since June 20 after his wife reporting him missing
-has not been heard from since June17
-vehicle was located four days later

It also states:
Valdez is diabetic and when he left home after the argument with his wife he failed to take his medications with him.
The reason for the discrepancy is because his wife told the police that he was last seen Thursday, but they didn't ask what date and assumed she meant the previous Thursday. Today will not update the date until they get a copy of the police report with the date changed. I have tried to get the updated police report, but the police chief said it's an ongoing police report that he keeps adding to, so have not yet been able to get a copy of the updated report. He said the report went from being 2 pages to 10 at the time we spoke which was a month ago. It's been 3 weeks now since I've last spoken to the police chief. Leads have slowed down tremendously.

Can anyone else confirm that he left after an argument with his wife of one month? MOO
All of the above is correct. They dated/lived together a year before they married. She insisted he stay clean for 1 year and then she'd marry him, which he seemed to have accomplished after talking with friends.

Hello! Sorry for not responding. I've been going through this information and I am having difficulty sorting it out. Sugar Grove and Lick Creek are on opposite sides of Blue Mountain Lake. I had intially heard he was found at Sugar Creek, which is a very long Creek with multiple access points. Dry Creek Rd where, from my understanding, his truck was found is not immediately accessible from Lick Creek. It is from Sugar Grove. It turns off County Line rd (which DOES lead to Lick Creek) and proceeds to take you up towards Hole in The Ground Mountain and Hogan Mountain. I looked through the photos on Facebook, but that looks like most of the area around here. The only thing I can really say about it is that they are sticking to lower elevations. I am trying my hardest to imagine a scenario where he would have tried to make his way up one of the mountains, but I don't know. Has anyone looked at a map and compiled what they believe to be a set of possible places he could have gone, or in another scenario, where he could have been placed? I know that's asking a lot, but I'm looking at maps right now and my interpretation of the information provided is leading me all over the place.
The Lick Creek area was a tip given by an anonymous person to be an area of interest to locate his remains.
Another anonymous tip said we should look at Persimmon Point Road.
Hunting season is going on right now, so no formal searches are being done. This is really frustrating as a family member, but we definitely don't want anyone getting hurt in the quest to find Jamie.

Hunting season is going on right now, so no formal searches are being done.
I am so sorry your family is going through this; prayers for all of you. May Jamie be found soon.

I wondered if hunting season would slow searches down or even stop them all together… thanks for sharing; it appears that’s the case with regards to searching for Jaime.
Here in AR, bear season is in full swing. Deer season is starting as well, and will really kick off in a couple of weeks (gun). Sadly, as you stated that means no searches for a few months..but that also means more people (hunters) are walking the woods and may potentially find something in regards to finding Jaime.
It’s finally starting to cool off here as well. We are now seeing actual fall temps! In return a lot of the foliage will die and it will become easier to look for Jaime once searches are able to start back up.

I am so sorry your family is going through this; prayers for all of you. May Jamie be found soon.

I wondered if hunting season would slow searches down or even stop them all together… thanks for sharing; it appears that’s the case with regards to searching for Jaime.
Here in AR, bear season is in full swing. Deer season is starting as well, and will really kick off in a couple of weeks (gun). Sadly, as you stated that means no searches for a few months..but that also means more people (hunters) are walking the woods and may potentially find something in regards to finding Jaime.
It’s finally starting to cool off here as well. We are now seeing actual fall temps! In return a lot of the foliage will die and it will become easier to look for Jaime once searches are able to start back up.
Yes, that is our hope!!

@Sclaiborne100
I have a couple of questions if that’s ok

1. Was the location of his abandoned vehicle a place Jamie was familiar with/visited before/often visited?

2. One of the msm links shared the following: According to the teens the vehicle was running when they approached it on June 17. After coming back to it a little later it was no longer running. That’s when they wrote on it.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this means his vehicle arrived there on that day (since it was running)?
Wonder why it was left running? And who turned it off?
Wonder if it was Jamie or someone else who drove his vehicle to that specific location?

@Sclaiborne100
I have a couple of questions if that’s ok

1. Was the location of his abandoned vehicle a place Jamie was familiar with/visited before/often visited?

2. One of the msm links shared the following: According to the teens the vehicle was running when they approached it on June 17. After coming back to it a little later it was no longer running. That’s when they wrote on it.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this means his vehicle arrived there on that day (since it was running)?
Wonder why it was left running? And who turned it off?
Wonder if it was Jamie or someone else who drove his vehicle to that specific location?
Hi Mlhenn!
1. My mother lived across the street from the Bluff Hole where Jamie's car was found. She owned that property in the early 90s for several years. During the time she owned it, Jamie lived with her. So, yes, he was familiar with that area!
2. I can see boys playing the prank. My first thought was perhaps Jamie had succumbed back to using drugs because it was just so bizarre. The writing on the window was my first indication that something was wrong. The boys did not see whoever it was that left the vehicle there. The person in the vehicle sat and waited for the boys to go by. It's not that far of a walk to the bluff hole from where his car was parked, but you can't really see the car when you get to the bluff hole (my family and I walked down there to see). We don't know if it was Jamie or someone else driving the car and the boys didn't notice who was driving. It was also very hot that day, so perhaps it was left running for the AC.
I will say though that someone drove the car after that or at least started it. When Anna went and saw the car, she took a couple of photos. When I compared her photos to the police photos, there were cigarettes loose in the cup holder on the police photo that weren't there when Anna took her pictures. It was the brand that Jamie smoked. I feel like those cigarettes were put there by someone to make it look like Jamie had been in the car. Also, the back windshield wiper had been used (it rained the night before police took custody of the car) and the writing was gone in their photos. I do know that the seat was already pulled forward when Anna took her photos because that's one of the first things she mentioned to me besides the torn seat and writing on the back window.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back