AR AR - James Valdez, 47, car found with message asking for help, Booneville, 10 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is quite an extensive video interview that people may find a lot of answers and it may bring up even more questions.
Wow, there’s a ton of great info here but the 3 hour length might scare some casual listeners ;). I was really surprised to hear that Anna‘s boyfriend was at her house on June 9th when Jamie went to pick up his clothing and money right before he went missing. She was only married a month at that point and already had a boyfriend?

A few other points of interest that were mentioned in the interview:

- the Equinox vehicle that Jamie was driving was actually Anna’s, which was later repossessed a month after his disappearance. It was never processed by police for fingerprints or blood. Anna now drives Jamie’s truck which is paid in full.
- the .40 caliber Glock that Anna bought for Jamie is still missing.
- the Sugar Grove man who lived near where Jamie’s truck was found is also the bf of another missing resident, Thorina Ann Watson, who is currently listed as “absconded” from police on meth distribution charges. Said man has since moved out of the area.
- the kidnapping and attempted murder charges that Anna’s brother was facing included him binding a guy’s hands and feet and trying to throw the body over the side of a bridge.
- Jamie had sought treatment for addiction and was successfully clean for at least 13 months at the time of his disappearance, having undergone a full treatment at a recovery center. The same cannot be said for Anna, who appears to have been still actively using during their time together.

So, James went missing on the 10th, his car was found on the 17th by a group of teenagers and then on the 19th James's wife's boss and her husband came across his car and reported it to LE.

It is interesting that his car was found by someone close to his wife, were they actively searching for James or his car, or did they just happen to come across it ?

Most interesting of all is that the teenagers who found the car 7 days after James went missing reported that the car was running and someone was sitting inside it, but that person had left the vehicle when they returned to it a few hours later.

Who was sitting in the car ? If it was James he had already been missing for 7 days by that point. I haven't seen any mention of food wrappings found in or near the car. If it was James in the car on the 17th surely there would be evidence of him having had food and drink for the past 7 days. He had money with him to buy food, as he apparently took $600 cash with him.

Having diabetes and no medication with him he would be becoming very unwell by that point and probably wouldn't be far from the car if he left it. However, he has not been found nearby, so where is he ?

It seems unlikely that it was James sitting in the car given the length of time since disappearance, so who was that in the car, and why was it running.
I'm Jamie's sister and I spoke to the young men who had written on the back window. They said it was NOT running when they got there and there was not anyone in the vehicle. They didn't see the vehicle until they had left as they came to the Bluff Hole a different direction than where the car was parked. There weren't any food wrappers in the car or in the area.
He left the residence on June 9th and his wife contacted me on June 10th asking if I'd seen him.

A podcast the family of Jamie Valdez did:

I've read thru this entire thread and one thing I'm totally confused about is this :

Per family (sister) the date that Jamie and Anna had an argument resulting in him gathering his belongings to head to Ozark is June 10th. However, from the notes Calo44 gathered from a video that was posted on the family run Missing FB page, on June 9th Anna had a boyfriend at the house when Jamie went to pick up his clothing. Were they together or no? Where had Jamie been prior to the 9th? Where was he staying? If they were still together did he come up on the wife cheating? This part is muddied to me and seems it could be a key element in his disappearance imo

Wow, there’s a ton of great info here but the 3 hour length might scare some casual listeners ;). I was really surprised to hear that Anna‘s boyfriend was at her house on June 9th when Jamie went to pick up his clothing and money right before he went missing. She was only married a month at that point and already had a boyfriend?

- the Equinox vehicle that Jamie was driving was actually Anna’s, which was later repossessed a month after his disappearance. It was never processed by police for fingerprints or blood. Anna now drives Jamie’s truck which is paid in full.
- the Sugar Grove man who lived near where Jamie’s truck was found is also the bf of another missing resident, Thorina Ann Watson, who is currently listed as “absconded” from police on meth distribution charges. Said man has since moved out of the area.
- the kidnapping and attempted murder charges that Anna’s brother was facing included him binding a guy’s hands and feet and trying to throw the body over the side of a bridge.
- Jamie had sought treatment for addiction and was successfully clean for at least 13 months at the time of his disappearance, having undergone a full treatment at a recovery center. The same cannot be said for Anna, who appears to have been still actively using during their time together.
Not good. I guess I have a have a memory lapse as I can’t recall….. is LE investigating these people?

I've read thru this entire thread and one thing I'm totally confused about is this :

Per family (sister) the date that Jamie and Anna had an argument resulting in him gathering his belongings to head to Ozark is June 10th. However, from the notes Calo44 gathered from a video that was posted on the family run Missing FB page, on June 9th Anna had a boyfriend at the house when Jamie went to pick up his clothing. Were they together or no? Where had Jamie been prior to the 9th? Where was he staying? If they were still together did he come up on the wife cheating? This part is muddied to me and seems it could be a key element in his disappearance imo
The date Anna contacted me was June 10. The date he went missing was June 9.
When the police went by Anna's house, it was 3 weeks after Jamie went missing and the boyfriend was there.
When Jamie went to pick up the clothes, it was the brother and the mother that were there. Anna and Jamie were still together at that point.
Prior to the 9th, Jamie had lived at the house with Anna, her mother and her brother.

Just wanted to clarify that when Jamie went to get his clothing, it was the brother at the house and not the boyfriend. The boyfriend was there however when the police went to talk to Anna 3 weeks after Jamie went missing.

I want to clarify that the reason we were saying the 10th is that is what Jamie's wife was saying. When we went back to the very beginning of the FB message thread with Anna, she contacted me on the 10th and said he left the day prior, so we have changed the date to 6/9/21.

The date Anna contacted me was June 10. The date he went missing was June 9.
When the police went by Anna's house, it was 3 weeks after Jamie went missing and the boyfriend was there.
When Jamie went to pick up the clothes, it was the brother and the mother that were there. Anna and Jamie were still together at that point.
Prior to the 9th, Jamie had lived at the house with Anna, her mother and her brother.
Tysm. That makes sense and clears up some confusion I had.

Another interview done regarding Jamie's case. It looks like I'm falling asleep, but I was checking for questions and texting answers on my phone!
You have my support ❤️ Stay brave and keep raising Awareness. I have a few friends on other platforms as well and I'll pass his missing poster on to them to raise awareness too. They're all from different areas. More exposure

Understood, however if there is something bulky on the back seat floor, it helps to move the front seat(s) forward to get it out. I do it on my 4 door jeep all the time. Just a thought.
Yes, that's always a possibility! At this point, I'm not ruling ANYTHING out! :)

As Jamie's sister, I can say that the time that has passed is unfathomable.... I thought for sure we would have found him within a couple of weeks or even a month. To go this long without a word from him is so unlike Jamie. SO unlike him. None of his friends have seen or heard from him and that is also unheard of!
I'm afraid that we'll never get to the bottom of his disappearance and never find him. I know there are a countless number of families in this same position and their loved one is found 20-30 years later or they die without ever knowing. I don't want that to be case with Jamie. I try so hard to keep his face and name out there.
There will be a missing person segment done on Fox 24 after the Super Bowl. Probably one of the best time slots ever to get his name out there! I have hope that someone will come forward.

I know this is a site with a lot of internet sleuths. I also know that internet sleuths have solved crimes and disappearances! Come on guys! Step up your game! Please! I feel like there is something I'm missing. I don't mind answering the same question a hundred times if it makes something click in someone's head!

I really can't come to terms with the idea that Jaimie just disappeared on purpose, by personal choice, without a trace, with severe health issues. To begin a new life, to be a new man, somewhere else.

IMO too many unfriendly people around him, in a big mess.
If walls could talk, I'm pretty sure they would have another story to tell.

Is it still a disappearance case for LE?

If there is no evidence of foul play, most police departments will consider it a run of the mill missing person, with the exception of severe health issues. The trick here is to find something that points at foul play or to elevate the severe health issue to the point that LE lists him as "endangered". Either one or both would garner more media attention and LE action.

I really can't come to terms with the idea that Jaimie just disappeared on purpose, by personal choice, without a trace, with severe health issues. To begin a new life, to be a new man, somewhere else.

IMO too many unfriendly people around him, in a big mess.
If walls could talk, I'm pretty sure they would have another story to tell.

Is it still a disappearance case for LE?
Yes, that is still how it is listed. I'm not sure when they'll say it's a cold case or if they even will. There's not enough evidence yet to change it to a murder case.

It's been a year and 7 months. I was trying to maintain hope at the beginning, but once his daughter's birthday came and went and nothing from him, it was a hard time for all of us cause then we knew for sure. Now two birthdays have come and gone. She had her sweet 16 a few months ago and we know he'd never miss that.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back