Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks just, you voiced my thoughts....If there are no broken bones, and no head wound, are we to believe he took some poison and sat down to die near the base of a cliff in a remote park?

It was a thought that had crossed my mind and not totally out of the realm of possibility. Take a handful of pills and walk in the woods until you can go no farther....BUT - one would think there would have been a pill bottle or some other type of container located. Would/could there be residue in the remains? Or has it been too long out in the weather?

I've also considered the possibility of death by hanging (body up high, which may be why dogs didn't locate...without going into gory details, eventually it would drop) but if they didn't find any rope, belt or anything such as that in a tree or near the remains, then that could probably be ruled out. One would think there would definitely be signs of that, if that were to have been the case.

It was a thought that had crossed my mind and not totally out of the realm of possibility. Take a handful of pills and walk in the woods until you can go no farther....BUT - one would think there would have been a pill bottle or some other type of container located. Would/could there be residue in the remains? Or has it been too long out in the weather?

I've also considered the possibility of death by hanging (body up high, which may be why dogs didn't locate...without going into gory details, eventually it would drop) but if they didn't find any rope, belt or anything such as that in a tree or near the remains, then that could probably be ruled out. One would think there would definitely be signs of that, if that were to have been the case.

Hi jstkiddn, I was really thinking that, based on where his body was (close to the base of a cliff, I thought..), if he doesn't have the degree of broken bones normally associated with a fall, and no gunshot would evidenced on the skull, it would seem that suicide in general would be highly unlikely. I mean, why not go to a motel and take pills? He would have to think if he ended it in the remote woods, his family might never know...he seemed like a considerate guy. If the family gets the coroners report and really starts pressing Dillards et al for info, that would be pretty telling...I think.

Hi jstkiddn, I was really thinking that, based on where his body was (close to the base of a cliff, I thought..), if he doesn't have the degree of broken bones normally associated with a fall, and no gunshot would evidenced on the skull, it would seem that suicide in general would be highly unlikely. I mean, why not go to a motel and take pills? He would have to think if he ended it in the remote woods, his family might never know...he seemed like a considerate guy. If the family gets the coroners report and really starts pressing Dillards et al for info, that would be pretty telling...I think.
But wouldn't the Coroners report just be "undetermined" ? (serious question)

Thinking out loud... if he say took pills, someone wouldn't actually know how far they would get before the drugs take affect... Like yall say container... but could also have put in pocket... So much has happened 7 yrs anything on the clothing would be washed away from the weather. Sadly may be "a perfect crime" Just from the public records and old media reports... sadly a lot of people had gain over JG being out of the picture.

And Roger G is a well established attorney...with a Big Law Firm in town. Notice too how he chooses his words. Said it many times. There is a lot of $ and Power surrounding people within this case...

Sadly JMHO, JG remains will be interned under that monument that was erected LAST year.... after he was Petitioned to be declared dead 3 yrs after going missing. So much weird about this whole case.

But wouldn't the Coroners report just be "undetermined" ? (serious question)

Thinking out loud... if he say took pills, someone wouldn't actually know how far they would get before the drugs take affect... Like yall say container... but could also have put in pocket... So much has happened 7 yrs anything on the clothing would be washed away from the weather. Sadly may be "a perfect crime" Just from the public records and old media reports... sadly a lot of people had gain over JG being out of the picture.

And Roger G is a well established attorney...with a Big Law Firm in town. Notice too how he chooses his words. Said it many times. There is a lot of $ and Power surrounding people within this case...

Sadly JMHO, JG remains will be interned under that monument that was erected LAST year.... after he was Petitioned to be declared dead 3 yrs after going missing. So much weird about this whole case.

Hi mimi, I hear what you're saying. And I really appreciate your informative posts. I'm really thinking mostly about what can be determined from the remains (bones). If the coroners report includes info on broken bones (or lack thereof) then I think that would be telling. Would the family get to see that info, perhaps power and covering up would stop that? But I think the chief or someone said that he had to talk to the family before releasing anything, so maybe there will be a decent disclosure to the family(?) . Perhaps the Glasgows could get some other ME to analyze the report....

Hi mimi, I hear what you're saying. And I really appreciate your informative posts. I'm really thinking mostly about what can be determined from the remains (bones). If the coroners report includes info on broken bones (or lack thereof) then I think that would be telling. Would the family get to see that info, perhaps power and covering up would stop that? But I think the chief or someone said that he had to talk to the family before releasing anything, so maybe there will be a decent disclosure to the family(?) . Perhaps the Glasgows could get some other ME to analyze the report....

Thank you. And I appreciate everyone else post also.
On what CAN be determined I am curious of that too. I am also thinking.... that because it is considered an open/ongoing investigation or however it was stated... that they probably wouldn't release much to family. Honestly I don't know how much the family could get at this time. Yes, I would think protocol would be to go over with family prior to releasing info publicly, I am not sure how much can be obtained FOIA.

Hoping the Glasgow family is pursuing all possibilities, since Roger made the comment about the family had always felt foul play. I sure anything would be kept underwraps. Personally I don't think we will hear anything from the Family and I do respect that. Roger said at the press conf (paraphrasing) that unless something big, that would be the last they publicly talk and for any further updates (gave name of who in charge).

SOOOO.... we shall see.... JMHO of course ;)

This is interesting, it tells a little the differences in fractures, (before death, near death and after death) http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/comic/activity/pdf/evidence_of_trauma.pdf

A few articles I read, stated that when skeletal remains are found, due to the lack of tissue and other stuff its harder to determine if possibly the person bleed to death, heart attack other things. Just so sad he wasn't found sooner. But I am thankful for the family being able to give him a proper burial. I bet there were a lot of people who were taken aback tho when they heard the news of discovery of remains and ID. Even if there wasn't anything illegal connected to his demise....

Another informative article:
snip>

What happened?

Forensic anthropologists are also trained to examine evidence regarding the circumstances surrounding the death of an individual. This involves analyzing skeletal trauma and differentiating between injuries caused by bullets, sharp objects, blunt objects, or other instruments. Sharp force trauma results when a narrow or pointed object hits a very small area. The stabs, slashes, and cuts typical of sharp force often penetrate deep enough to leave cut marks on the bone. In contrast, blunt force trauma results from a larger implement hitting a much broader area. Blunt force trauma can cause fractures of the arm and leg bones or crush and shatter the flat bones of the skull. Projectile trauma involves a high force applied over a very small area. Projectile trauma can involve bullets, arrows, spears, or any other small object delivered at high velocity. The damage caused by projectile trauma can often be used to indicate the direction of travel of the projectile. Other forms of traumathat an anthropologist may find evidence of include strangulation, electrocution, chemical or heat related trauma, or explosions.

In addition to the injuries themselves, the patterns of injuries present on a body can be very important to the case. Multiple, severe blunt injuries over the whole body may suggest a fall from a great height or a car accident. Sharp force injuries to the hands and lower arms are indicative of defence wounds. The direction of projectile wounds can also be used to support or refute a suspect's story. It is the anthropologist's task to carefully record all traumata according to type, location, and number to reconstruct the overall picture of what happened to a person at the time of their death. And although they are not legally responsible for determining cause of death, the information anthropologists collect can help the coroner or medical examiner make their official judgement on the case.

More interesting reading from this article http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/anthropologie-anthropology/

Another interesting link: http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/anthropologie-anthropology/

This is interesting, it tells a little the differences in fractures, (before death, near death and after death) http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/comic/activity/pdf/evidence_of_trauma.pdf

A few articles I read, stated that when skeletal remains are found, due to the lack of tissue and other stuff its harder to determine if possibly the person bleed to death, heart attack other things. Just so sad he wasn't found sooner. But I am thankful for the family being able to give him a proper burial. I bet there were a lot of people who were taken aback tho when they heard the news of discovery of remains and ID. Even if there wasn't anything illegal connected to his demise....

Another informative article:
snip>

What happened?

Forensic anthropologists are also trained to examine evidence regarding the circumstances surrounding the death of an individual. This involves analyzing skeletal trauma and differentiating between injuries caused by bullets, sharp objects, blunt objects, or other instruments. Sharp force trauma results when a narrow or pointed object hits a very small area. The stabs, slashes, and cuts typical of sharp force often penetrate deep enough to leave cut marks on the bone. In contrast, blunt force trauma results from a larger implement hitting a much broader area. Blunt force trauma can cause fractures of the arm and leg bones or crush and shatter the flat bones of the skull. Projectile trauma involves a high force applied over a very small area. Projectile trauma can involve bullets, arrows, spears, or any other small object delivered at high velocity. The damage caused by projectile trauma can often be used to indicate the direction of travel of the projectile. Other forms of traumathat an anthropologist may find evidence of include strangulation, electrocution, chemical or heat related trauma, or explosions.

In addition to the injuries themselves, the patterns of injuries present on a body can be very important to the case. Multiple, severe blunt injuries over the whole body may suggest a fall from a great height or a car accident. Sharp force injuries to the hands and lower arms are indicative of defence wounds. The direction of projectile wounds can also be used to support or refute a suspect's story. It is the anthropologist's task to carefully record all traumata according to type, location, and number to reconstruct the overall picture of what happened to a person at the time of their death. And although they are not legally responsible for determining cause of death, the information anthropologists collect can help the coroner or medical examiner make their official judgement on the case.

More interesting reading from this article http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/anthropologie-anthropology/

Another interesting link: http://www.sfu.museum/forensics/eng/pg_media-media_pg/anthropologie-anthropology/
I wonder if his family is allowed to have someone else look at his bones, for a second opinion?

The more I sit and think about this the more it sounds like the work of a hit man or someone experienced. But it is like they did just enough so that we would know it doesn't all add up to be suicide.

Poor John.

I would think that once the ME releases the remains to the family, they could do as they wish.. jmo
I sure hope this isn't the last we hear of this case. There is something else to find. I was in the Little Rock area the other day when I wrote that. We drove by Petit Jean too. It is just so sad.

Oh man I totally missed that his remains were found! I know results are inconclusive, but hopefully a second autopsy can be done to yield more clues. This was some dirty business, IMHO. I wish Dr. Henry Morgan was real so he could use his magical Sherlock skills to find the culprit, because I am 99% sure this was not self-harm.

Ok, so no statement from family (that I can find) and no autopsy report released (that I can find). What does this mean? Results indicative of a fall, self-inflicted wound and family's quiet acceptance? Or something else? Anyone?

Ok, so no statement from family (that I can find) and no autopsy report released (that I can find). What does this mean? Results indicative of a fall, self-inflicted wound and family's quiet acceptance? Or something else? Anyone?

I know...it's frustrating that there hasn't been even one iota of an update. Who knows if they are still investigating this or if it's truly just a closed case with lots of unanswered questions.

Lots of unanswered questions! Remains found quite some distance from the base of the bluff, no broken bones, no injuries. No car keys found.

Lots of unanswered questions! Remains found quite some distance from the base of the bluff, no broken bones, no injuries. No car keys found.

You state there were no broken bones & no injuries and that the car keys were not found - do you know this for certain? I mean, these things really have not been reported to the public.

Any news? It's been one year since he was found and we still don't have a cause of death.

Just saw the Disappeared episode on this. Sounds like it very easily could have simply been a nervous breakdown.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back