Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cant remember if we have saw this article, but possibly just a repeat of others.

Its odd how the Conway County Sheriff says, "I'm definitely comfortable with it being a missing person found and case closed" then he goes on to say how "seven years is a long time" and "you hear all kinds of theories. we always thought he was here, that's what was always hard- not knowing where to look"

Article states "we found the bones were inside of the clothing" "other parts were found in the area, strewn by animals" < doesn't state what OTHER PARTS were, but I thinking bones outside the clothing (hand, feet, vertebrae so forth) http://www.pressreader.com/usa/el-dorado-news-times/20150320/281565174248356/TextView

I saw or read an article, where someone (cant remb if a medical prof or LEO) but was stating various injuries would show... like if fell and landed on feet, there would show possible fractures/splintering so forth of those areas....

I read last week that they were going to announce COD this week. Last night I saw someone say they were only releasing COD to LE this week.

Hmm. It is Thursday, I hope we find out soon.

I read last week that they were going to announce COD this week. Last night I saw someone say they were only releasing COD to LE this week.

Hmm. It is Thursday, I hope we find out soon.

*Bolding by me.

Oh, really? I hadn't heard that. Do you remember where you saw it? What they said last week sure did make it seem like they were going to publicly announce it this week, but maybe we all just read too much into that statement. Since the week is almost up, you may be right....they were going to release it to LE only.

I've been checking the news several times a day this week. Very curious to know what they have determined. Oh well....I guess we'll know when they tell us. LOL

I emailed tvh11 news and this was their response:

"Police still tell us they expect to receive the file this week. They will not be able to discuss it, however, until next week because they first have to go over the information then meet with the family. We will be sure, though, to keep you updated."

I emailed tvh11 news and this was their response:

"Police still tell us they expect to receive the file this week. They will not be able to discuss it, however, until next week because they first have to go over the information then meet with the family. We will be sure, though, to keep you updated."

Thanks!!

Well....that answered not a lot.

I'm guessing we could *probably* rule out a gunshot wound? You would think that would leave some tell-tale damage to the bone structure.

Well....that answered not a lot.

I'm guessing we could *probably* rule out a gunshot wound? You would think that would leave some tell-tale damage to the bone structure.

since they are keeping the case open I'm assuming a criminal investigation will take place now ??

there are probably more details to this undetermined cause of death that they aren't telling us in my opinion

Well I imagined this being the case. Especially if he were poisoned. I am very curious as to where the current investigation is.
If they have no suspects, I have no faith in them.
Finding his body has only told us that he didn't flee and isn't hanging out on some island somewhere.

Could've been the perfect crime.

They need to get some leverage on people who know things but aren't talking. Somebody has to talk...
If it was a hit- easiest access is airstrip
Dig deeper. People won't tell u the truth all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tantrum: GRRR I KNEW IT!!! I am glad tho that they are not closing the case! Like I said prev there are ALOT of $$$$ and Power behind many in this case. I sure hope they do a good investigation. I just have a gut feeling ... nothing will come of it.

Question for those that suspect murder. How would someone get a dead body that far down that trail? If he had simply been dropped from above, dont you think it would be likely that there were some broken bones or other skeletal trauma?

Or do you think they marched him out there at gunpoint and killed him there?

That is my biggest peoblem with the muder theory. Either scenario seems like it would have been way too risky because even though it's rough terrain, it is not really all that isolated. Anyone could have been out there hiking...kwim? Very big risk of being seen, right?

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...se-of-death-unclear-201504-1/?f=news-arkansas

"We have mixed emotions about it," said Conway County Sheriff Mike Smith, who has led the missing person's investigation and subsequent recovery efforts. "We were hoping for something more substantial for the family in the cause of death. It is what it is, though. We have to see where we go from here."

Smith said that the case will "remain open for sure."

"We are at a standstill right now as far as an investigation and where else we can go," Smith said. "We've done the initial investigation and we will continue to investigate leads if anything else comes up or if someone comes forward with information."

"We are at a standstill right now as far as an investigation and where else we can go," Smith said. "We've done the initial investigation and we will continue to investigate leads if anything else comes up or if someone comes forward with information."

So in other words, they will not be actively investigating? If something happens to fall into their laps, then they will take a look at it?

edit to add: That sounded a little snarky toward the police and I didn't intend for it to be so. It is what it is, and they admittedly do not have much to go on. It's a real shame that they weren't able to find his body sooner. So many questions could have been answered. Heck, this could be as simple as he was hiking to clear his head and had a heart attack.

Can anyone tell me.....do we know EXACTLY where on the trail they found his body? It seems that I read somewhere it was just a few feet/yards off the boyscout trail? Did I dream that? IIRC, it wasn't very far off the main trail.

Can anyone tell me.....do we know EXACTLY where on the trail they found his body? It seems that I read somewhere it was just a few feet/yards off the boyscout trail? Did I dream that? IIRC, it wasn't very far off the main trail.

I do not personally know and can't recall if an exact location has been disclosed publicly. I know it was more than a mile from where his car was left, wasn't searched in the initial search and was apparently pretty rugged.

If he was just up there to hike and nothing nefarious occurred, I wonder what logical tracks he couldn't taken to end up where he was found.

Iirc the lodge is on the top of the mountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for those that suspect murder. How would someone get a dead body that far down that trail? If he had simply been dropped from above, dont you think it would be likely that there were some broken bones or other skeletal trauma?

Or do you think they marched him out there at gunpoint and killed him there?

That is my biggest peoblem with the muder theory. Either scenario seems like it would have been way too risky because even though it's rough terrain, it is not really all that isolated. Anyone could have been out there hiking...kwim? Very big risk of being seen, right?
Maybe there are broken bones, but they can't tell if he jumped or was pushed from it?

IMO, he suspected he wasn't coming back *if* he did indeed write that info on the note pad before he left.

Do we have definitive information that the car was wiped clean of prints, or they just couldn't find any?

Either a) he met someone there for some reason and was told not to tell anyone, and it turned sour, b) he traveled WITH someone there, or c) he went there by himself and knew he wouldn't be coming back.

I just don't see how he could have committed suicide. He parked at the lodge, and where he was found...he would have had to take a very strenuous hike up and then...what, fall? Take pills and then somehow later on the bones fall? I don't know how they were found to make a good assumption there, but from what I have gathered, it seems more likely that he was up on that road by where they found him. That, to me, sounds like someone dropped his body off and parked his car afterward, or he got into someone else's car to go somewhere nearby and didn't make it back. (But his stuff was all together in the back seat, which is a big "hmmm" to me).

My own opinions.

Have they still not found his keys?

The remains were found Wednesday by two hikers one-third of a mile off the nearest hiking trail in the Red Bluff area. Officials say the location is so remote and rugged that hikers are encouraged not to go there. http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...in-identified-as/42425/17NOH5Gt5ECG007MAm3ghA

At a news conference Thursday afternoon, Glasgow's brother, Roger Glasgow, spoke, saying, "We feel both relief and a terrible sense of sadness."
He said a skull and bones were located at the base of a cliff near Red Bluff Road.
Roger Glasgow added investigators did not find any evidence of trauma to the skull, or any firearms or weapons.
http://www.katv.com/story/28416579/remains-confirmed-to-be-those-of-john-glasgow-missing-since-2008

Arkansas Business first reported the news of John Glasgow&#8217;s remains Wednesday evening. He was found by hikers about 150 yards off Red Bluff Drive at the state park. http://thecabin.net/news/local/2015...pects-foul-play-petit-jean-death#.VSoWh1JTHIU

ALSO:
Mrs PC 03-19-2015, 11:02 PM
the skull was found approx 150 yds off Red Bluff Dr and was approx 587 yards (1/3 mile) from any trail. The bulk of the remains (with clothing) found later were found on a rock shelf 200 yds south of where the skull was found.

I found a photo online by a tourist of the Red Bluff Dr area

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...45b6da1649.jpg

and from the Ark State Parks website - here's a shot taken of some of the cliffs at Red Bluff Dr and if you look far in the distance you can see Mather Lodge.

http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/!...ttle-Rock-28-Jan-2008&p=11607039#post11607039

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back