Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And I personally take "official" reports on air traffic activity on small air strips (especially in Arkansas) with a grain of salt. A big grain of salt, like chunky margarita salt! Arkansas has a rich tradition of hinky activities around small airports and airfields - ha ha!

EXACTLY!!! Considering many nouns.. people, places and things ;) < many reasons why I wavering on doubts if we will ever know the real truth.

I'd be very interested to see how detailed the searchers records are. Texas Equisearch don't play.

I'd also be interested in seeing how thorough that exact area was search and what those records would tell us.

&#8226;Did they actually miss that part of the mountain?
&#8226;Did they search it, just not thorough enough? Or
Was JG just not there at the time to be found?
This could be a rumor, but I've always heard that the original deal was made with a handshake on the golf course.

JG was obviously making some people angry, for whatever reason...may never know.

Once JG was out of the picture, there was nothing nefarious divulged about anyone involved.

I'm intrigued by
"Call off your dogs"
"Keep your head low and give Em what they want" - brilliant advice smh
&#8226;Placing a bug on his land line--why would he feel the need?
&#8226;who threatened him again and what did he say? Why was this person so pissed at JG?
You've gotta have some balls to threaten someone and then act like u didn't. Balls of steal. #givesnoeffs (sorry it fits perfectly here)

Most of the time, nothing shady will be done that leave paper or digital trails. No emails. Burner phones only....no, those are not just in the movies

I just think his body would've been found closer to his car if he was hiking and had an accident or jumped himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the article link handy right now but I read that with all the searches that were conducted they searched approx 85% of the Petit Jean park area and they really didn't search at the upper west corner/Red Bluff Rd area. It's like the most secluded, unused, rough terrain area of the park.

Thankfully, Dillard's Disputes with Audit Firms Haven't Resulted in Anyone Disappearing into Thin Air
13 Oct 2011 / By Caleb Newquist

Your mother's third favorite department store, Dillard's, has fired PwC as their auditor over a dispute related to the timing of a "tax benefit related to its new real estate investment trust." The Little Rock-based company replaced P. Dubs with KPMG (who will take every chance they can get to stick it to Team Autumn). Basically the two didn't see eye on this matter (here's the 8-K that explains it), Dillard's asked the IRS for their opinion, who said the treatment was kosher and next thing you know, the audit committee was on the hunt for a replacement.

Anyway, this isn't really news until you consider the fact that PwC had only become Dillard's auditor in 2009. Deloitte had been the auditor of the company for 20 years and in many auditor-client relationships, that's just the honeymoon phase. So that seems a little odd. And couple that with the most recent firing of PwC and you've got to wonder what's the scoop is over at DDS. But all that pales in comparison to this:

In 2008, [Dillard's] had a dispute with CDI Contractors LLC's chief financial officer [Ed. note: Link is broken], John Glasgow.

At the time, Dillard's owned half of CDI. It has since bought the half that it didn't own.

Glasgow objected the way Dillard's CFO James Freeman was conducting an audit of CDI. Glasgow disappeared during the dispute and was declared dead [Ed. note: Ditto] more than three years later, although no trace of him has been found.

After Glasgow's disappearance, Dillard's restated earnings for several previous years, blaming an accounting error by CDI.

The last thing we want to see are pictures of auditors on milk cartons
http://goingconcern.com/2011/10/tha...resulted-in-anyone-disappearing-into-thin-air

UNITED STATES

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20549

FORM 8-K

CURRENT REPORT PURSUANT
TO SECTION 13 OR 15(d) OF THE
SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934

Date of report (Date of earliest event reported): October 6, 2011

Changes in Registrant’s Certifying Accountant
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (“PwC”), the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm since May 4, 2009
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/28917/000110465911055823/a11-27833_18k.htm

Document was referenced in the comment I posted few ago.

DILLARD&#8217;S ROW WORSENS
By James Covert
December 9, 2008 | 6:49am

Interesting article

snip, more at link http://nypost.com/2008/12/09/dillards-row-worsens/

But corporate-governance experts say questions still remain about some of Dillard&#8217;s directors &#8211; chief among them Warren Stephens, the millionaire CEO of Stephens Inc.

In April, Dillard&#8217;s hired Stephens&#8217; Little Rock-based investment bank to advise on its 50 percent stake in CDI Contractors, a thriving construction firm whose projects have included the Bill Clinton presidential library.

CDI&#8217;s CFO, John Glasgow, mysteriously disappeared in January following a dispute with Dillard&#8217;s executives.

Dillard&#8217;s bought the other half of CDI in August, and with Stephens&#8217; investment firm having reaped fees on the transaction, &#8220;that leaves good reason to doubt he can continue to serve on Dillard&#8217;s board,&#8221; says John Coffee, a professor at Columbia Law School.

I have been enthralled with your research and I believe your conclusions are spot-on. JG's ethics weren't as "malleable" as his CDI/Dillaard's cohorts wished…I wondered if he was planning to meet with a government official about the situation.

And I personally take "official" reports on air traffic activity on small air strips (especially in Arkansas) with a grain of salt. A big grain of salt, like chunky margarita salt! Arkansas has a rich tradition of hinky activities around small airports and airfields - ha ha!

Again, you are doing a wonderful job on this…there's a future book here, I know it!
Its interesting also, that the filing of Dillard's restatement and the filing of the Shareholders filing wanting all those diff reports and so forth, within DAYS. I wonder too I JG had spoken or reached out to someone... even if just contact...

The whole talking to his lawyer that was also the company lawyer... makes my stomach churn

Dillard's looks at options for construction company
By The Associated Press
This article was published April 18, 2008 at 5:33 p.m.

Department store chain Dillard's Inc. says it will use an outside financial firm to evaluate what to do with its partial ownership in a construction company that built the Clinton Presidential Library and other well-known Arkansas buildings.

Dillard's says it will not offer any other public statements on discussions it holds with investment banking firm Stephens Inc. about CDI Contractors LLC, in which it holds a 50 percent stake.

John Glasgow, chief financial officer for CDI, has been missing since Jan. 28. With the death last year of CDI's founder, William Edward Clark, Dillard's had the option to buy the other half of the company but also discussed allowing CDI employees buy the shares. Glasgow was in charge of the redistribution and himself stood to buy a part of the company.

Both companies say there were no signs of fiscal mismanagement by Glasgow.

For more information see Saturday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2008/apr/18/dillards-looks-options-construction-company/

Former CDI CEO Catches Breath;
Dillard's CFO Closes Car Dealerships

by Arkansas Business Staff on Monday, Jan. 12, 2009 12:00 am
<snip>

One More Thing

You know that James Freeman, chief financial officer of Dillard's Inc., has had his hands full with same-store sales declining by 5 percent for December, the stock price languishing under $5 a share, and the acquisition of and changing of the guard at CDI Contractors.

But you may not know this:

Freeman is also in the car business, and that's not going too well.

Freeman-Moore Mazda of Hattiesburg, Miss., which Freeman owns with former Little Rock accountant Vance Moore, closed its Tennessee stores in Memphis and Jackson earlier this month.

And there were indications last week that the Hattiesburg store might not be long for this world. When we asked if the Hattiesburg store was still open, the receptionist said, "Well, for now."

A message left at Freeman-Moore in Hattiesburg was not returned last week
http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/art...es-breath-dillards-cfo-closes-car-dealerships

This is all very interesting. Thanks. Has the family made any more statements? Is the corner going to issue his findings?

I haven't seen any new reports. I would imagine it be a little while before they have any answers from the Crime Lab right? I mean its not like doing an autopsy on a body. JMO.

Roger Glasgow said at the news conf that the family wouldn't be making any more statements, for any others updates and so forth to contact the LEO.

I find it interesting that after all these years there is still enough evidence left to be able to determine an exact cause of death. There is nothing left but bones, so there must be some type of damage somewhere on them.....right?

Guess we'll all find out next week.

well since he was found with his clothing on they could easily determine gunshot wounds, stab wounds, and with x-rays of the skull, etc they could determine blunt force trauma.

I really hope they can solve this case now. But even if he was murdered I don't think they could tell who did it. It is so unfortunate but I hope somehow, he/she/they are caught.

Having read so many articles on this case, I have a sick feeling that its just going to come back saying undetermined or something to that effect and a closed the case closed for good. I mean all they are going to do now is issue an updated death certificate. I hope to that they had stuff they were holding back but couldn't do anything with because of not having a body. Lots of $ and influence in the mix of players, no matter what the results say.

Why.... is common in most all mysteries. This one no different, but from finding a lot of back story that was going on prior to JG disappearance... He very well could have met an accidental death... but I just cant resign to suicide. All this info was out their when JG went missing. I wonder how many close to the players thought about it or talked amongst themselves and pondered different scenarios. JG disappears worked out well for some that ....JMHO of course

I'm really surprised that it's taken less than a month for the ME to determine cause of death. IMO, I think that must mean it was pretty evident & not that difficult to discern.

I would also speculate that if the ME wasn't able to determine a cause of death that they would have called in a forensic anthropologist to assist.

I would also speculate that if the ME wasn't able to determine a cause of death that they would have called in a forensic anthropologist to assist.

I found this article, dated March 31 2015. I thought I had read where a forensic anthropologist was going to be assisting. But haven't located that article again, yet lol

More of John Glasgow's skeletal remains were found Tuesday in Petit Jean State Park. The remains have been in nature for 7 years and are now in possession of the Arkansas State Crime Lab. Glasgow's clothes and wallet were also found.

Now medical examiners are faced with a big challenge to figure out what happened. While the crime lab can't comment specifically on the Glasgow case, the state's chief medical examiner did tell Channel 7 News what they do when faced with a case of old remains.

In a rural state like Arkansas, it's not rare to see human remains come into the state crime lab that have been aged for years, according to Charles Kokes, a 30 year medical examiner.

“I'd say every year we get roughly a dozen cases that involve skeletal remains,” said Kokes.

Not all of those cases are suspected as homicide, but if they are, Kokes says it's more of a challenge to figure out what happened.

“Probably the vast majority of such cases unless you have some specific information regarding the individuals death, you're likely not going to be able to render a cause of death,” said Kokes.

The medical examiner x-rays all of the remains, then they look for abnormalities.

“So you go through bone by bone. You clean it, you look at it, examine it, looking for any evidence of any trauma that might be present,” Kokes said.

Sometimes there are context clues like clothes. But once years have gone by, it may be impossible to determine what really happened.

“Which essentially means we don't have enough medical information to determine a cause of death,” said Kokes.

Glasgow's cause of death has not been determined.
http://www.katv.com/story/28556801/how-do-medical-examiners-determine-the-cause-of-death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back