Found Deceased AR - John Glasgow, 45, Little Rock, 28 January 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For whatever reason I cannot copy & paste. THV 11 is reporting a body found on pinnacle mountain the area where Mr Glasgows car was found . Doubt it is him body vs , no other info released.

Arkansas State Police and Arkansas State Park Police are working together on an investigation at Pinnacle Mountain State Park.

Arkansas State Police public information officer Bill Sadler confirmed that a body was found on one of the trails at the park earlier Tuesday evening and said an investigation has been launched into the person's death.

Sadler would not comment further the finding, and the park is closed for the time being.

http://www.thv11.com/news/article/259247/2/Body-found-at-Pinnacle-Mountain-State-Park

I had the wrong mountain...sorry! I get mixed up with Petiit Jean and Pinnacle! Sorry!

To me, once he was accused of stealing the money he was going to find the problem. Once he finally figured out who was stealing it, he met with them at the hotel along side the waffle house at which point he was taken care of...
This is something the ID show failed to go into. They said that an independent forensic review showed the books were in order. If so, then what the nature of Dillards' CFO's complaint? Was he just out-and-out wrong? How did they get away with restating earnings and then blaming it on the contracting company? Their complaint was over-billing. Did overbilling on construction cause them to restate earnings?

I think you're onto a good point that maybe some accounting irregularities occurred at Dillards or the contractor and someone wanted to blame it on John. First they tried to tarnish his reputation; he considered leaving town. When that didn't work, they murdered him. That's possible.

But I do not believe the dogs were on a trail. I suspect the dog handler knew of the reports that he had been seen at that hotel and Waffle House, and she subconsciously guided the dog there. The dog wanted to please its master, and its master strongly wanted to confirm the sighting reports. His brother said he thought the dog handler's heart was in the right place, but he did not accept the results as valid.

This doesn't invalidate your point though. It took over two hours for the phone to reach the mountain. He could have had the meeting with the murderer anywhere in the area. The murderer could have asked him to meet secretly early in the morning to settle it once and for all. That would explain why he didn't sleep that night.

I hope police have looked into the accounting further than the ID show did. They must have interviewed the people who criticized John's integrity and may have threatened him. If the forensic audit was right and the books were pristine, what was up with the harsh attacks from Dillards?

I guess I see it a different way.

John was stressed from day one. From day one he obviously had something to worry about. Most likely it would have taken time to find something if it was wrong. But right off the bat he was worried. Because he knew something was never right. If he found that someone else was stealing he would have told someone. And it seems he was stressed but not talking to his friends and family about any real details of it.

And then he leaves at 5:15 in the morning. Doesn't tell anyone where he's going.

He was going to meet someone else involved in it. You don't leave at an hour like that, without telling anyone where you're going and why for no reason. You do that to not be seen and so nobody knows what is going on. And if it's someone you suspect is stealing you would meet in public or have already told others. No way you'd agree to meet them at some random location at some really odd time.

As far as the books looking clean in a police audit, sure. They look clean by the numbers, but only someone in the company might know that the 3rd bathroom never existed, or the 5th register never arrived etc. And only John knows every detail of everything.

Anyway he showed up and they abducted and later killed him. Nobody is left now that truly knew every transaction and all the books like John. Nobody who can talk or make a deal with police or turn you in. If you're going to overcharge and steal money you need the CFO in on it to cook the books.

If he was innocent and found something he would have been telling people. And he wouldn't be going out on secret trips at 5:15 in the morning, or super stressed the second the audit starts.

Somebody grabbed him at the meeting they arranged together. Drove his car away from the scene, left it at the park, and wiped it down. No way John would leave it unlocked with his stuff in there if he's going for a walk.

Respectfully snipped.

Somebody grabbed him at the meeting they arranged together. Drove his car away from the scene, left it at the park, and wiped it down. No way John would leave it unlocked with his stuff in there if he's going for a walk.

Was the car wiped down? Were they able to get his prints from the interior.

Respectfully snipped.

Was the car wiped down? Were they able to get his prints from the interior.

They couldn't get any prints from anyone. Not even him. So it appears that most likely it must have been wiped down.

They couldn't get any prints from anyone. Not even him. So it appears that most likely it must have been wiped down.

That would not necessarily indicate a wipe down. The prints could be partials and/or smeared.

I just saw this case last night on ID's "Disappeared" (Season 2 / "Unfinished Business").

I have some thoughts on the case based on what was presented on the show, but would like to read through the thread first.

According to the show IIRC, the police officer attributed the inability to get prints possibly due to the textured surface of the car's interior?

Wow, 22 Guests here this late at night! That's unusual. The show on ID has obviously brought some publicity to John's case.

Hoping John's family gets some answers.

Took a while to get on here... Great site. Forums are just the best thing..
I have watched this show on ID about 3 times. Considering I am from the "STREET" I can put myself in the minds of the people involved. Not a big deal, but I solved my RX-7 being stolen 15 years ago. It did not take long for me to put together, how, where, who maybe, etc stole it. Not a friend, but considering the time of night, the apparent car the found with my vin plate, no motor, and only 4 hours later I knew they had to tow the "fake car to the place it was found, and they did it at night, so they had to be close. Anyway, when I called the detective they were amazed I had put it all together.

Just like this case, things fall right into place. How is it that all of a sudden 7.1 million dollars disapeared ? Because it did, and this poor guy was going to take the hit on it. But he did not take it, you can tell, he is a great guy, the kind of person I wish I had been raised to be. But I grew up rough, got it together now. Anyway, were was I !

To me, once he was accused of stealing the money he was going to find the problem. Once he finally figured out who was stealing it, he met with them at the hotel along side the waffle house at which point he was taken care of...
I believe it was someone that worked for Dillards, actually has to be the person that fed him the numbers. John would not have registered at the hotel of course, but the guy, or his hit man would have, or could have had someone else do it. I would have to guess after watching all these show that bad people from the street are smart too and know what and where the cops will look at and for.... So john met the guy and then disapear, they took his car to the mountains to make it look like he did himself. Theywipe all "their" print off. He was then taken away from the area and killed.

I would check all the people registered for up to a week before the disapearance at the hotel. Airline records coming into the area of people that may be connected to the area where the dillards home office is or the acct. that gave John the numbers. That guys phone records, his wifes cell phone , bank record, and anyone close to him, etc. This guy was also able to finally get Dillard to do a reinstatement, dah, he had to for closure and to get the eye off of him...

I guess once in a while the perfect crime is pulled off. 7.1 million and knocking off the guy who was going to turn you in is a perfect crime if you can get away with it.

I am truely sorry about your brother. Hopefully the Police will figure it out. But looking in your area, thinking it was a suicide, or he left the area are just plain mistakes. Follow the money and you will find the killer. If nothing else, an independent audit of the statements, and all acct. should be done by the FBI.

Sorry again, and for mistyping, or spelling,...

Barry Colbert

As chaotic as your mind is, this is what I also think happened, though I think they met at the Awful Waffle first, then went over to the motel. The placement of his car and what was left in it was staging to make people think exactly what some did think...that John went to walk to "clear his mind" and jumped or fell. Red herrings and misdirection all the way, IMHO. He was never up there. Sadly, I think the poor man was murdered by then, and being transported in a different direction while attention was focused there.

If I remember correctly, CCTV footage was examined from the main route from John's house to where his car was discovered and his vehicle definitely didn't use that road - which leads me to wonder if he met someone elsewhere, and met a grizzly end, leaving the perp to drive his car along a quieter route out of the way of CCTV and detection.

It's possible that John never made it to the mountain at all - and that's the scenario I'm more likely to agree with. This would make sense with the dogs not picking up John's scent where his car was.

I wouldn't rule out this being a professional hit - I wouldn't be surprised if John was being closely watched (and he may even have realised this), and someone followed him when he left the house to work.

I think two or more people would have to be involved in this disappearance. Whoever left John's car at the top of the mountain would need a mode of transport after dropping the car off. So it's likely that one person committed the 'act' while the other provided an escape route - this person could be the resident of the motel that dogs tracked. I find it hard to believe that there'd be no CCTV footage of visitors here - surely you'd have to get your keys and sign in via reception? And in this day and age you'd imagine all businesses would have CCTV to cover their backs in case anything untoward happened.

My theory is that because those responsible wanted John's disappearance to look like he just walked off - they'd have wanted to conceal his body somewhere where it's not likely to be found. Are there any unused mineshafts in the area? Were any buildings under construction at the time in the area where a body could have been hidden and buried?

If I also remember correctly John had been threatened by someone at Dillard's over the phone? Perhaps this wasn't an empty threat.

Sadly I don't think John is with us any longer but I also refuse to believe that he just wondered off and had an accident that resulted in his death or committed suicide. John seems like the kind of person who, even if he was suicidal, wouldn't want to put his family through the torture of never knowing what happened to him.

Someone definitely knows what happened to John and if they had a decent bone in their body, they'd start talking so his family and friends can finally learn the answers they deserve.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back