AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a 2013 radio interview, Josh Duggar acknowledged that Ruark was, in fact, a lesbian, but insisted she still opposed gay marriage anyway. “I have an aunt who has chosen to live that life and I love my aunt. I think she is an amazing person,” he said, but “she believes that marriage is between one man and one woman.”

Earlier this month, Ruark’s nephew Josh Duggar, a policy director at the Family Research Council, claimed he and his family were fighting a Fayetteville, Arkansas nondiscrimination law intended to protect the LGBT community in order to save gays and lesbians from the “sad, lonely lifestyle.”
http://www.alternet.org/gay-hating-duggars-have-lesbian-their-family-and-she-thinks-theyre-crazy

So essentially, you should be allowed to discriminate against gay people to encourage them not to be gay? Ugh. Can't stand this child molester.

Ooh we're so sorry for the gays because they're sad and lonely ... and we're going to discriminate against them to try to make them more sad and lonely...

what if a transgender person from gay parents' family did all the same stuff that Josh did, in a bathroom, would you say it was just a mistake? Think no more of it if he says he's sorry?

If a 14 year old transgender person did the same things that JD did, I would imagine most people would believe they should be dealt with the same. This is not to say that I think JD's actions were handled appropriately.

However I don't think this is what you're asking. If an adult transgender person did what JD did I would expect that the punishment would be different.

He was not a juvenile. He was two months shy of 19 when the police report was made.

Thank you for clarifying that! I have read a lot, but I've been rather scatter brained lately and wasn't clear on all the time frames.

Ooh we're so sorry for the gays because they're sad and lonely ... and we're going to discriminate against them to try to make them more sad and lonely...

How in the hell could anyone describe the so called 'gay lifestyle' as a sad and lonely one? Are these people freaking living under a rock?? Oh yeah, actually they are. Go away quickly Josh Duggar.

If a 14 year old transgender person did the same things that JD did, I would imagine most people would believe they should be dealt with the same. This is not to say that I think JD's actions were handled appropriately.

However I don't think this is what you're asking. If an adult transgender person did what JD did I would expect that the punishment would be different.

Well of course adult and juvenile offenders are treated differently.

But I was actually thinking of a transgender teenager, about the same age. Just wondering if Duggars would say it was just a teenager mistake and not report the teen to the police until he/she does it again and again? Or would they think it's evidence that gay parents are evil and a danger to their children and unable to teach them strong moral principles that would keep them from molesting younger children?

Well of course adult and juvenile offenders are treated differently.

But I was actually thinking of a transgender teenager, about the same age. Just wondering if Duggars would say it was just a teenager mistake and not report the teen to the police until he/she does it again and again? Or would they think it's evidence that gay parents are evil and a danger to their children and unable to teach them strong moral principles that would keep them from molesting younger children?

Okay, I thought your question was directed to people reading the thread because that's how it was worded. But I'm not following this thread that close.

Okay, I thought your question was directed to people reading the thread because that's how it was worded. But I'm not following this thread that close.

sorry, I was unclear,

just continuing the train of thought from the post above mine that posted a question Duggars should answer in the interview.

IMO this is executive speak for this show was a huge easy cash cow for everyone involved and they are trying to figure out if and how they can still make money off of it.
Maybe they can make a documentary on the steps they will take to ensure this family gets the help they so desperately need.

I read somewhere that because he was never allowed to be interviewed and the inquiry was closed, he didn't officially have a juvenile record. Because of that loophole, it's perfectly legal for the document to be published. If the parents hadn't refused to allow their child to be questioned, then this particular investigation and document WOULD have been sealed.

Some serious irony at play

ETA... there was something about this being done (the investigation) when he was an adult and the fact that he refused to respond. The inquiry was closed so it couldn't be retroactively applied to juvenile court...... (or was it if the parents had allowed this to be dealt with before he was 18 then everything would have been sealed....???)

Something to throw into the mix:

http://www.justicepolicy.org/news/3462

The defendants, in a consolidated appeal of three separate cases, cited the confidentiality provisions of the Federal Juvenile Delinquency Act. Those provisions are safeguards meant to help the child avoid the stigma of a past criminal conviction and to encourage treatment and rehabilitation.
The panel of three appellate judges said those provisions don't apply to children 14 and older when it comes to sex offender registration. Congress intended to exclude certain juveniles from confidentiality when it created the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act, or SORNA, the judges ruled.

Sexual Offender Registration and Notification Act 2006:

http://www.smart.gov/sorna.htm

If he had been convicted for crimes he committed at 14, he might likely have had to be on the Sex Offender's Registry, depending on how the prosecutor classified the crimes. No protection of his identity as a juvenile on SOR.

I would think that once outfitted in this seriously wholesome swimwear, a person would run the risk of being pulled under. (Small lol.)

Actually, that's no joke. I am (what in Commonwealth countries) is designated as a Bronze Cross lifeguard, and if I happened to be wearing such clothing, I've been trained and tested to remove it asap. But I also doubt that any of the Duggars actually swim; I'm guessing they wade. I would be so happy to find out I'm wrong here, especially for the girls, as I'd like them to feel self-sufficient in any possible way.

So, while I do appreciate your lol, I would have to add that there is a un-lol (to coin an expression) element there too.

Lovely swimwear!
I saw the "burkhini" ads and thought they were kind of cute if you have to be covered to swim. When I saw these, I thought 'I'd go to the beach if I could wear that!"
The undergarment is sort of like a short-sleeved, knee-length wetsuit in a quick-drying fabric with the black "jumper" for modesty...

• The behavior is highly repetitive, to the point of compulsion, rather than resulting from a lack of judgment.
-Dr. Ann Burges, Dr. Nicholas Groth, et al. in a study of imprisoned offenders

What would happen if other 14 year old boys were touching *advertiser censored* and vaginas of girls who do not give permission? Girls who are many years younger?

It happens way more often than you think, especially in the countryside/farming communities. It happened to me, it happened to my friends.

As far as I know, they have all outgrew that incidents - I mean, both us and them. The moment the girls their age (with *advertiser censored*!!!) accepted them, there was no interest in younger girls any more.

If we apply this logic to others, how many sexual predators could be excused? 10%? 50%?

Some people aren't born evil. You have to take circumstances into account. Could you really blame a 14 year old child who had been born and raised in an ISIS camp for being all screwy?

I am all for personal responsibility, but we should not ignore circumstances either. Who knows how many of us have a clear conscience simply because we were born in circumstances and times that allowed us to?

It happens way more often than you think, especially in the countryside/farming communities. It happened to me, it happened to my friends.

Sorry to hear that it happens so often, but just because it is frequent, does it make it right?

Actually, that's no joke. I am (what in Commonwealth countries) is designated as a Bronze Cross lifeguard, and if I happened to be wearing such clothing, I've been trained and tested to remove it asap. But I also doubt that any of the Duggars actually swim; I'm guessing they wade. I would be so happy to find out I'm wrong here, especially for the girls, as I'd like them to feel self-sufficient in any possible way.

So, while I do appreciate your lol, I would have to add that there is a un-lol (to coin an expression) element there too.

I have a friend who wears this type of swimsuit. She wears them due to battling skin cancer twice but she does not want to hold back her kids from having fun in water. She does not like wearing them though. She kind of just hangs out in the pool b/c she says she feel like her movement is restricted. Small price to pay to enjoy pool time with the kids.

Some people aren't born evil. You have to take circumstances into account. Could you really blame a 14 year old child who had been born and raised in an ISIS camp for being all screwy?

I am all for personal responsibility, but we should not ignore circumstances either. Who knows how many of us have a clear conscience simply because we were born in circumstances and times that allowed us to?

I fault him for what he has done and he should have faced the appropriate charges against him. I fault mom and dad for their part in it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom