Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Isn't it already perfectly clear?

I don't watch a lot of tv news unless a big breaking event is going on with lots of live updates. I hear all the talk about Fox so I'm thinking this is their chance. Very few people outside of child molesters and Duggars think it's ok. So we'll see where Fox sits when they ask the questions.

ETA This is NOT a political issue. Idgaf where any news station sits on political issues. This is a clear cut case of right and wrong and abuse of babies. Period. So if Fox gives them all soft ball questions and the sympathetic head nods and ' oh no, that must have been awful for you '(mom and dad ) , it will surprise me. The very fact that the Duggars have agreed to the interview sends a signal that they think they ( duggars) will be ' safe' there and not have to answer any heavy hitting questions. I hope I'm wrong.

I dunno, for the same reason men would like to see *advertiser censored* over and over. A 14 year old boy is going to want to see a female's body parts over and over again. Unfortunately for him, there was no girlfriend or *advertiser censored* site to help him out with that.

Or and not to be crude, but just the freedom to masturbate , like any other 14 yr old boy, without fear of eternal damnation. That may have helped , but I'm not sure. Something is going on deeper than that, I fear.

I read somewhere that because he was never allowed to be interviewed and the inquiry was closed, he didn't officially have a juvenile record. Because of that loophole, it's perfectly legal for the document to be published. If the parents hadn't refused to allow their child to be questioned, then this particular investigation and document WOULD have been sealed.

Some serious irony at play

ETA... there was something about this being done (the investigation) when he was an adult and the fact that he refused to respond. The inquiry was closed so it couldn't be retroactively applied to juvenile court...... (or was it if the parents had allowed this to be dealt with before he was 18 then everything would have been sealed....???)

You just made me wonder why the parents could not be charged for hindering prosecution, aiding a criminal, failure to protect minor children, failure to report or something along those lines.

Or and not to be crude, but just the freedom to masturbate , like any other 14 yr old boy, without fear of eternal damnation. That may have helped , but I'm not sure. Something is going on deeper than that, I fear.

I read (unconfirmed) that JimBob caught one of the boys in the bathroom masturbating, after a sibling complained about how long he had been in there. His solution was to tie the boy's hands together, which also prevented him doing his chores.

I didn't read the whole thread, and while I can't stand for his actions and think he should be in prison for many many years, he finally told the truth, not the whole truth I'm sure, I feel so bad for those poor girls smiling into the camera because they love and "forgive" their brother

I don't understand how the parents wouldn't want actual counseling for all involved, there are christian counselors! But for them to endure with I of course assume is the devil got in him, and you should forgive him it wasn't "really" him is sickening

Spending family time with him had to be extremely uncomfortable even if they "forgave"

I was raised in RLDS with my grandpa as the pastor, be was also a chemistry teacher, and the greatest most loving person I've ever known

Not all religions are evil, but the pedophiles who infiltrate pretending to represent god are!

Using god as a shield makes you just a little more evil imo.

What does the "R" stand for? Reformed?

Someone may have answered this already, but typically the networks will pay "expenses" and then exhorbitant licencing fees for photos and videos ;).

To me, the fact that Josh is not doing this speaks volumes. Michelle and Jim Bob have nothing to say that is of interest to me-it is pure spin. They made grave indefensible errors deliberately shielding one over the well being of others and the behavior was criminal. They are well aware that their obligation was to report this as a criminal matter, not pass the buck to their church and a pedophile friend of the family. They knowingly made Josh unavailable for police interviews but made the victims available.

This is another attempt to grab more gold and attention before they slip back into obscurity, please God.

Josh admitted what he did. The Duggars admitted what they did. They are making a desperate attempt to continue the paycheck imvho. It has nothing to do with grace and everything to do with gold.

I guess now we know why Fox stayed so silent from the beginning-they were finalizing this deal which the Duggar's likely had in play before the initial media hit. Again jmvho

Fox was actually the first news agency to report this, however, outside of tabloids.

You just made me wonder why the parents could not be charged for hindering prosecution, aiding a criminal, failure to protect minor children, failure to report or something along those lines.

Unfortunately, they broke no laws. Even if mandatory reporting laws had been in existence. (I checked. It looks like the earliest in Arkansas was in 2009).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jill-...rls-josh-duggars-dirty-laundry_b_7426334.html

But, what about the girls?

Who are they? Did they get help? Do their hearts bear scars about being fondled by a teenage boy when they were as young as 5 years old?

Are there more girls who haven't been identified or who didn't speak up? Josh Duggar's actions were covered up and hushed up. He might have come clean with his parents, but no effort was made to get him any sort of professional help. The incidents were neatly swept under the rug, probably festering in the minds of the secret-keepers like ticking time bombs.

But, what about the girls?

Will more step forward in the coming days and say "me too?" Will the knowledge of "it's not just me" cause someone else to raise their hand? Time will tell.

It will be fascinating to see how the "spin doctors" have spun this for JD and his parents. Every word that comes out of their mouth will be carefully rehearsed. The questions to be asked have probably been agreed upon. One can hope the words will come from the heart, but I strongly doubt it. Yes. Yes I am cynical about this one.

It will be fascinating to see how the "spin doctors" have spun this for JD and his parents. Every word that comes out of their mouth will be carefully rehearsed. The questions to be asked have probably been agreed upon. One can hope the words will come from the heart, but I strongly doubt it. Yes. Yes I am cynical about this one.

Yeah... the only reason to watch this interview for me would be to find out if Josh has stopped molesting people. But that's not going to happen. Whatever the truth may be, either way Michelle and Jim Bob are going to say everything is OK now.
A) they might not know, Josh does not live with them any longer .
B) If they happened to know that he still molests children and wanted to out him, they wouldn't do it on Fox, they'd have talked to the police or the DHS.

How can they ban this? isn't this a natural thing that happens to boys? I grew up with all sisters. My son just turned 11, i know the changes are coming. when we have the talk, I will try to say it in way not to embarrass him but that is a private thing not bad thing behind LOCKED doors so there no embarrassing either way. trying to get my husband to have the talk with him, but he says if i want to use birds and bees in the talk you do it, he will just tell him how it is, you don't touch, unless both consent and tell how it works I really need to so some reading on this.

Do they ban this because I guess of the improper thinking that goes along with it. ( i am turning red writing this)

he knows the bad touch speech.

I think the whole family is a bunch of sicko-s...I've never watched them but after reading about all their rules etc....they are not normal.

What does the "R" stand for? Reformed?

Fox was actually the first news agency to report this, however, outside of tabloids.

Unfortunately, they broke no laws. Even if mandatory reporting laws had been in existence. (I checked. It looks like the earliest in Arkansas was in 2009).

After the first incident, any additional molesting he did and they were aware of the first time and did not remove him from their other victim children, should have been failure to protect !

How can they ban this? isn't this a natural thing that happens to boys? I grew up with all sisters. My son just turned 11, i know the changes are coming. when we have the talk, I will try to say it in way not to embarrass him but that is a private thing not bad thing behind LOCKED doors so there no embarrassing either way. trying to get my husband to have the talk with him, but he says if i want to use birds and bees in the talk you do it, he will just tell him how it is, you don't touch, unless both consent and tell how it works I really need to so some reading on this.

Do they ban this because I guess of the improper thinking that goes along with it. ( i am turning red writing this)

They ban it because ( given my own outrageous radical religious history here and not necessarily the Duggars ) to act out in any manner sexually , including masturbation is a sin. If they were better Christians and prayed harder, had more faith, had more prayer time, stayed away from ' temptations', then they would never be in a position to feel they wanted to . moooooooo

ETA Which would lead one to a conclusion that JimBob has never had an erection he did not follow with marital sexual relations, which is probably the true reason behind 48 kids and counting.

ETAA I'm so super sorry to all to put that name ^^ in the same sentence with that word^^ . Had to happen sooner or later. Please forgive me .

One of the things that is worrisome, IMO, is the uncertainty that you may be able to predict whether someone may be predisposed to be a child molester from your observations of his (less often her) actions in other circumstances. I found some of the information at the site below to be interesting.
http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pages/tell_others_the_facts.html

According to the Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute (a national, science-based, nonprofit organization based in GA and CA), a child molester "is an adult or child who is at least five years older than the child he or she has molested." CMRP further points out that "Child victims and their abusers exist equally in families of all income levels and classes. And, now from the study, we know that child molesters are as equally married, educated, employed, and religious as any other Americans". Religiosity does not prevent molestation.

Contrasts: Admitted Molesters vs. All American Men

Admitted Child Molesters American Men
Married or formerly married 77% 73%
Some College 46% 49%
High School only 30% 32%
Working 69% 64%
Religious 93% 93%

Sources: The Abel and Harlow Child Molestation Prevention Study and the 1999 U.S. Census Statistical Abstract
Note: All people in both groups were at least 25 years old.

In other words, researchers found that "in their outward characteristics, matching percentages of child molesters to percentages of all American men, the average child molester closely matched the average American man." And, sadly, most often the child victims knew their victims very well. Researchers found that 40% were children of friends or neighbours; 30% were step/foster/adopted children; 19% biological children, and 18% nieces and nephews.

It's natural for boys AND girls. I can attest that masturbation is banned in many religious homes...

After the first incident, any additional molesting he did and they were aware of the first time and did not remove him from their other victim children, should have been failure to protect !

That would be neglect, but it's hard to prove that they failed to take reasonable action to protect the children. They will likely say they put him into "treatment" and did not allow Josh to be alone with the kids after that, and that would likely be deemed "reasonable". Even though it wasn't.

These kinds of cases would include knowing your husband is molesting your daughter but allowing him to call her into the bedroom to molest her, or sending your child to go on vacations or to a hotel with an adult you know is molesting them - things like that.

Regarding the above posts about masturbation, many fundamentalist Christian religions also quote bible verses which discuss that "spilling one's seed" is wicked. Semen is holy, because it is the "seed" which brings life. To waste semen, or thoughts about sex, on non-procreative sex activity, is viewed as sinful and very selfish.

The only sexual thoughts and urges one is supposed to have, or act on, in a fundamentalist belief system are to come from the comfort and joy of one's biblically wedded spouse, in the marital bed-- sexual relations that may produce another life. In those belief systems, God apparently doesn't like or approve of any other kind of sex. (I think they believe postmenopausal marital sex is ok, though.)

It is rumored throughout the ages that God highly approves of biblically wedded disciples using the missionary position. ;)

I love this. Probably too much.

Me too. I don't usually like to indulge my Schadenfreude, but some of her Fake Michelle Duggar statements (most of which have absolutely nothing to do with the Josh situation) are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3