AR AR - Melissa 'Missy' Witt, 19, murdered, Fort Smith, 1 Dec 1994

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for digging up the articles TJ, do you have the rest of the one (post #54) with the composite sketch titled "student last seen arguing"

The witnesses about 200 feet away from the pair, did not see any blows exchanged when they walked through the parking lot or when they drove by them, but did...

What came after that sentence or am I missing something?

Thanks for digging up the articles TJ, do you have the rest of the one (post #54) with the composite sketch titled "student last seen arguing"

What came after that sentence or am I missing something?

Here is the second part.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mwpart2.jpg
    mwpart2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 116
We'll, learning all this stuff makes me think ! There should be some DNA here for for sure.

So, in one sketch, the suspect appears to be Black and in the other he is white. What is the deal?

So, in one sketch, the suspect appears to be Black and in the other he is white. What is the deal?

One sketch is of a man (black man) that was last seen arguing with someone believed to be Melissa Witt in the parking lot of the bowling alley the night she disappeared. The second sketch is someone seen changing clothes near (on December 4) where her body was ultimately found in January.

So I wonder about the witnesses seeing an argument in the parking lot with the black guy. That account is being left out of the few later articles we've seen, the more recent one talks only of hearing a commotion. I suspect they do not have any DNA. Some of the he blood from the parking lot would seem like the only shot given it was 6 weeks before she was found with no clothing or other belongings. But when the investigator in the video interview said he feels the perpetrator is either dead or in jail it sounds like he has someone in mind but nothing to test against. They took some things from the one guys car 4 years after the fact, I guess there's a chance her DNA could be found in some of that with advancements in technology. I read where Melissa's father was a POW in Korea for three years, 50-53. Twenty something years later they had Melissa, her mothers only child and all three have passed. Her Father died ten years after Melissa on the 4th of July. It's a damn depressing case.

One sketch is of a man (black man) that was last seen arguing with someone believed to be Melissa Witt in the parking lot of the bowling alley the night she disappeared. The second sketch is someone seen changing clothes near (on December 4) where her body was ultimately found in January.

I wonder if the guy who was seen changing near where her body was found is the same guy whos mother or grandma called and left that message on the sheriff department answering machine? For some reason they think he may have tampered with evidence in that area?

I wonder if the guy who was seen changing near where her body was found is the same guy whos mother or grandma called and left that message on the sheriff department answering machine? For some reason they think he may have tampered with evidence in that area?

It's possible ... from what I understand, the call was placed closer to the time Melissa's body was found and this guy was seen changing close in the area her body was found 3 days after the abduction.

So I wonder about the witnesses seeing an argument in the parking lot with the black guy. That account is being left out of the few later articles we've seen, the more recent one talks only of hearing a commotion. I suspect they do not have any DNA. Some of the he blood from the parking lot would seem like the only shot given it was 6 weeks before she was found with no clothing or other belongings. But when the investigator in the video interview said he feels the perpetrator is either dead or in jail it sounds like he has someone in mind but nothing to test against. They took some things from the one guys car 4 years after the fact, I guess there's a chance her DNA could be found in some of that with advancements in technology. I read where Melissa's father was a POW in Korea for three years, 50-53. Twenty something years later they had Melissa, her mothers only child and all three have passed. Her Father died ten years after Melissa on the 4th of July. It's a damn depressing case.

It is depressing -- but there are many new leads being generated in the case right -- very good leads - so I am hopeful for justice for Missy!

It's possible ... from what I understand, the call was placed closer to the time Melissa's body was found and this guy was seen changing close in the area her body was found 3 days after the abduction.

This leads me to think the man arguing in the parking lot might have been a red herring. This other guy seen changing cloths near wear she was found, 3-days after the abduction? Why was he changing cloths? Why in this area? Very odd?

If he was the same man from the answer machine, he might have been trying to cover his tracks by reporting finding her body. Knowing he had been seen by the hunters could have freaked him out .

This leads me to think the man arguing in the parking lot might have been a red herring. This other guy seen changing cloths near wear she was found, 3-days after the abduction? Why was he changing cloths? Why in this area? Very odd?

That area is fairly remote -- lots of hunting. He could have been a hunter -- I just don't know.

The man in the parking lot seen arguing with Missy Witt is key to this case -- this is someone she clearly knew....and if we find him, we find the trail to what happened to Missy.

I didn't understand what he was saying in that article about the DNA ? Is their or isn't there DNA of her killer?

Are there any legal documents available on this case?
Autopsy report, police reports, or eyewitness accounts?

Right off the bat it seems odd that her car was only found at a later date in such a small parking lot. Did the offender force her into it and drive away. only to return it? Or was the car there all along and not noticed?

Any accounts of food in her stomach compared to her last known meal?
This could establish if she were held for any length of time.

She disappeared between 6 and 7 which is the approximate time of astronomical twilight...meaning it wasn't completely dark. Sunset that day occurred at 5:05 PM.

The location of the bowling alley which I seem to recall reading was not visible from the highway would seen to indicate that the perp was either a trucker looking to kill time and happened upon her or a local who seized an opportunity to kidnap her.

ok bear with me :) I have always thought missy look a bit like Suzanne Sevakis (Sharon marshall) and I know Floyd was on the run When Missy was abducted so I started to see if I could place him in the area and bingo He Abducted Michael Hughes Sept 1st , so that's only a few months , Missy was taken from a bowling Alley, and I think Carla walker fits the mold as well, she was taken from a bowling alley in Ft worth TX in 1974 and we can place Floyd in DFW in 1974, FT smith is pratically on the Oklahoma line ( remember he was actually caught raping a child at a bowling alley in 69) I have always thought the FBI really needs to question him extensively ( yes I know I would like to blame everything on him)

Answers Below:

Are there any legal documents available on this case? It is an open and active case so these are not available to the general public.

Autopsy report, police reports, or eyewitness accounts?

Right off the bat it seems odd that her car was only found at a later date in such a small parking lot. Did the offender force her into it and drive away. only to return it? Or was the car there all along and not noticed?

Car was there all along, not noticed and the keys HAD been turned in that night to the bowling alley staff.

Any accounts of food in her stomach compared to her last known meal?
This could establish if she were held for any length of time. Last known meal was lunch that day. She was not held for any length of time.

She disappeared between 6 and 7 which is the approximate time of astronomical twilight...meaning it wasn't completely dark. Sunset that day occurred at 5:05 PM. She was at her place of employment getting her car jump started at 5:50pm.... and she was at the bowling alley close to 7pm.

The location of the bowling alley which I seem to recall reading was not visible from the highway would seen to indicate that the perp was either a trucker looking to kill time and happened upon her or a local who seized an opportunity to kidnap her.
Whoever killed Missy... was definitely someone who knew her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATS2+3
Back