AR - Rep. Harris rehomed his adopted daughter to man who sexually abused her

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cline supervised people who were accused of abuse of a child and the death of at least one child that I know of. Many of the "techniques" were his. He was sanctioned by CO and, I believe, he lost his license. You can read about him on quack watch.

Also, three articles on his links to harming children or the deaths of children.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9610/24/rage.reduction.therapy/

http://www.westword.com/news/suffer-the-children-5063807

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/news0617d.htm

Thanks, it has been quite a few years since I was looking into these sorts of therapies, etc.

It's really odd that national media is not even covering it. USA Today is the only one I've seen so far. Only a few states have laws against re homing and, surprisingly, mine is one of them.

Only a handful of states have enacted laws to regulate "re-homing," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Colorado and Wisconsin regulate the advertising of adopted children, while Louisiana and Florida have criminalized the "re-homing" practice. Ohio has safeguards against trading money or goods in return for an adopted child.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article12882434.html#storylink=cpy

I was actually expecting it to break out yesterday. But there are a lot of issues right now competing for air time: Okahoma racism; the Congressional letter to Iran; events in Ferguson; Hilary's emails.

I do think that the larger rehoming issue, in addition to all the creepy stuff about Justin Harris, makes it ripe for national consideration as soon as there is a bit of a space.

It's really odd that national media is not even covering it. USA Today is the only one I've seen so far. Only a few states have laws against re homing and, surprisingly, mine is one of them.

Only a handful of states have enacted laws to regulate "re-homing," according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Colorado and Wisconsin regulate the advertising of adopted children, while Louisiana and Florida have criminalized the "re-homing" practice. Ohio has safeguards against trading money or goods in return for an adopted child.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article12882434.html#storylink=cpy

Wasn't there a case in Florida that may have led up to recognizing the need for legislation? I don't recall the specifics, but seems like it involved a kid from South America and a nun.

So basically this couple pulled strings to get these children adopted against all good advice , mentally and emotionally abused at least one child while she was in their care with the whole demon rubbish, I mean really someone help me out here then handed them over to a peadophille to rape and abuse??
Who cares if he still has a flipping job. Why isn't he being prosecuted for child trafficking.
Id be very concerned for the children still in his care. And as for his school!!
He should be held responsible. Disgusting man can't even admit to his reprehensible behavior. This has nothing to do with politics it is the difference between right and wrong.

This case has it all for media attention. Southern Christian Conservative adopts little girls as posturing for re election, abandons them with pedophile after having an exorcism, funnels adoption stipends, influence pedaling...this story is a jackpot. On top of that we have an issue that has frustrated many of us for years, which is the practice of rehoming difficult children post adoption. And the concept of RAD. We have a high profile medical child abuse case going on right now, Kate Parker, who rehomed some of her children and claimed RAD as her excuse to abuse and starve some of her adoptive children.

Come on, media, what are you waiting for?

Oh and the possible child trafficking element that runs through all of this.... yeah, someone needs to jump on this.

IMO, they (his peers) have to circle the wagons and squash enough elements of this story to make it more palatable, or they have to become morally outraged and demand he step down. So then I have to wonder how their own glass houses are structured and whether or not that is holding them back from pointing the finger.

This is why this case needs national attention-it is ripe for being swept under the rug.

This case has it all for media attention. Southern Christian Conservative adopts little girls as posturing for re election, abandons them with pedophile after having an exorcism, funnels adoption stipends, influence pedaling...this story is a jackpot. On top of that we have an issue that has frustrated many of us for years, which is the practice of rehoming difficult children post adoption. And the concept of RAD. We have a high profile medical child abuse case going on right now, Kate Parker, who rehomed some of her children and claimed RAD as her excuse to abuse and starve some of her adoptive children.

Come on, media, what are you waiting for?

I am waiting for Rachel Maddow. She has a facility for pulling together complex issues like this and presenting them sensibly.

Oh and the possible child trafficking element that runs through all of this.... yeah, someone needs to jump on this.
Yes, esp considering the undocumented children (link)

3202d77f.gif

Checks released that were written to family Rep. Harris 're-homed' girls

At the time, Rep. Harris did not provide copies of checks showing that he funneled the state money to the girls' new caretakers. But late Thursday night, his attorney Jennifer Wells emailed a copy of the checks written to Eric Francis, the man whom was caring for the girls.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Link to 5 checks

I wonder who Paulette Frederick is, who signed the Harrises check to Eric Francis, dated 1-31-14? The other 4 are signed by Justin or Marsha Harris.

3202d77f.gif

Checks released that were written to family Rep. Harris 're-homed' girls

At the time, Rep. Harris did not provide copies of checks showing that he funneled the state money to the girls' new caretakers. But late Thursday night, his attorney Jennifer Wells emailed a copy of the checks written to Eric Francis, the man whom was caring for the girls.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Link to 5 checks

Out of the frying pan. Shows he wasn't making money off the deal. There's most likely some impropriety about not notifying DHS that the children were no longer in his custody.

It appears this story is starting to trend on facebook. Perhaps Yahoo and or CNN will pick it up. Where is that twitter campaign when you need it? ;)

The final check was made out to someone else. Was that around the time the girls went to the third home?

Thanks for that link, stormshine. These people also run a non-profit: link

3202d77f.gif

Secretary of State Mark Martin says Harris "humble and gentle," his critics "hypocritically self-righteous"

[...]

The reader, who asked to remain anonymous, told me she does not know Martin and has never personally interacted with him in the past, but when a mutual Facebook friend posted the Arkansas Times story, she (the reader) became drawn into a back-and-forth with the Secretary of State.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222